It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC's Contessa Brewer 'Frustrated' That Times Square Bomber Is a Muslim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hey everyone...
Can I join the party????

All muslims are terroists
All Catholics are pedos
All hindus worship cows
All christians swear to defend the inhumane actions of Israel
All jewish people are evil
All tea partiers are extremists
All hip hop fans are drug dealers
All rock fans are heroine addicts
All people that lived through the 60s are flower power happy hippies

Now.. let's do what everyone here is doing
Cherry pick whichever generalization you like and show completely discontent with the rest of the list!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

A white supremacist communist?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I too understand what she meant and I too agree: now the moronic "my nation is the bestest, hyuk" fools will be going on and on about the evils of Islam. Clearly this is one nutjob who had no concept about how to build a real bomb, but it will help the fearmongering agenda be furthered.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Who on this thread is doing that?

Second line.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

He was Pakistani. He may have been Muslim, but we don't know at this point.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
she's concerned that because the attacks are coming from Muslim extremists that the country will turn into a Muslim-hating population.

Fair enough. However, she then immediately brings up the Hutaree militia as "creating terror", even though they committed no terrorist act. Seems to me she's unnaturally concerned with religious bigotry while hypocritically indicating her own bigotry against right-leaning militias (who happen to be indigenous taxpaying citizens).

What I said in my first response to the initial post - she isn't worried about extremists groups actually plotting to kill Americans

Then she is criminally stupid. This is precisely who she should be worried about. This woman has the mental capacity of a clod of moist clay.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Actually there are indeed both Jewish and Christian terrorists.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by sos37

He was Pakistani. He may have been Muslim, but we don't know at this point.

Odds are he is Muslim. Pakistan is 95% Muslim. CIA notebook info. I can find it again if you need it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Ms. Heretic,
The man is a Muslim. He happens to have been my neighbor when he lived in my town. The first house he abandoned, along with is family, a year ago before he moved in with his 'Girlfriend' is on the route I walk every night two blocks or so from my home! He kept to himself much of the time and only his next door neighbors seem to have known him. He told them he worked on Wall Street and was away from home much of the time!

I'm sorry. What is your point? That he's a Muslim? I'm not denying that. I don't think it's been confirmed though. If I'm wrong, please link.

Originally posted by sos37
Would you care to link a thread where you've defended the Tea Party?

Sure. Here are 3:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This surprises and saddens me. I was still holding onto the hope that the tea party was what it set out to be. But then again, maybe it's so infiltrated by the GOP that the "Real" (original) tea partiers are in the vast minority.

It's terrible what happened to the Tea Party. They were barely gaining traction before Palin, et al. climbed into their bandwagon and grabbed the reins. Now, any REAL (original) Tea Partiers are lost in the political game.

But I think the tea party was infiltrated because the government was threatened by the thought of giving up their cushy lives, their corruption, their money and not having to work for a living. I just fear that the current system would find a way to destroy any movement that threatened their hold on this country.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

He might have been Buddhist

apnews.myway.com...

www.dawn.com...

How the hell did you come up with that assertion?

It was a joke.

[edit on 063131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

He is not a very good Muslim if he abondoned his family and shacked up with another woman.

edit to add: I am now doubting your claim. A news story said he left his wife in Pakistan.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

His teachers really suck at their jobs.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by Stormdancer777
This guy will say anything to stop the pain. Soon he'll admit to masterminding the uss cole bombing. I mean Jesus Christ. How can this guy recieve explosives training
And pull off a horrible job? He left the lights to 'his' suv flashing of all things.

Maybe the training, sucked?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Odds are he is Muslim.

You're right. Odds are that he is. My question is, Why does that matter? Why is everyone so focused on his religion (or what he calls himself)?

He's allegedly a terrorist and a criminal. THAT'S really all that matters to me. Hooking him up with the religion of Islam is just a way for people to justify their bigotry against Muslims. It doesn't matter what religion he says he is. He clearly doesn't practice Islam, anyway.

Stormdancer777

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

He is not a very good Muslim if he abondoned his family and shacked up with another woman.

Exactly. One can't gauge a person just by their religion. Obviously he doesn't think that much of his religion. So can his religion be used against him as a reason for his actions?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I am aware of that and he may be, but to say that he is simply because of his country of origin is idiotic.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The great majority of terror attacks across the globe, over the past decade and a half have been perpetrated by Muslim EXTREMISTS.

This doesn't mean that all or most Muslims are terrorists. I am certain the overwhelming majority of Muslims despise and are deeply offended by the actions of a tiny minority.

If anyone wants to take exception with my opening paragraph, bring it on. If you are going to attempt it, however, bring facts.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

No, but lots of people will do it. A poster on another site I am on salivates each time there is a terrorist plot or attack, wanting it to be Muslims. When the Ft. Bragg thing happened, we were all talking about it and the poster simply posted the shooter's name, obviously because it is Middle Eastern. After this incident, the poster went on and on about Muslims, well before there was even a suspect. Disgusting that people will take a horrific incident and use it to further their twisted beliefs.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bgood1968
World Trade Center Muslim
World Trade Center 9/11 Muslim
Pentagon Muslim

You mean the 911 attack?
The ones that even the PM of Iran has asked for an investigation on?
The one that created billions of dollars for war profiteers?

The one that govt. Refuses to have an independant investigation on?

I have no conspiracy theories for you
All I am asking for is the rule of law
Where is the investigation and why all the secrets?

911 is inadmissable as evidence because.... THERE IS NO EVIDENCE!

Flight 93 Muslim

What's flight 93?
Never heard of this

Oh wait... you mean this:

Ft Hood Shooter Muslim

Ya that was sad man
3 shooters... no I mean 2 shooters.... no I mean one shooter and 2 aprehended..... no I mean one shooter, just one muslim shooter.
I apologize for the confusion, with all the contradicting news reports it's hard to remember.

So ya one shooter in the biggest military fort in America and ALOT of friendly fire from trained soldiers. Where the terroist was able to prescribe mind altering drugs to troops all while high level military officials knew he had contacts with extremists.

Ok... got it!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by ZindoDoone

edit to add: I am now doubting your claim. A news story said he left his wife in Pakistan.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

Yes he did, But they lived HERE first. You want his damned address or what?

Suspect Lived in Shelton!

Ms. Heretic,

From your post:

Quote:

posted on 5/4/2010 @ 04:55 PM

"First of all, I don't believe it's been reported that this guy is a Muslim, but don't let that stop you from your rampage.

I understand what Contessa is saying. There's so much hatred and irrational bigotry toward Muslims in this country since 9/11, that each crime or incident where a Muslim is involved serves, in some people's minds, to justify their irrational hatred and fear of normal, non-extremist Muslims."

That's what I was answering in my post! It had been reported from many sources after his arrest!

Zindo

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join