It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC's Contessa Brewer 'Frustrated' That Times Square Bomber Is a Muslim

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

That did not occur to me, my bad

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
He is not a very good Muslim if he abondoned his family and shacked up with another woman.

Exactly. One can't gauge a person just by their religion. Obviously he doesn't think that much of his religion. So can his religion be used against him as a reason for his actions?

I beg to differ, I think religious zealots from any religion, since time immemorial, obviously think they are doing gods work and think might highly of their god, to go to such lengths,

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

They sure do, but their actions should not be used to discriminate an entire group of people.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

My apologies. I had been to my local pub and had to listen to some pretty stupid opinions on this subject from the locals and I was a bit snarky, sorry! I had one beer and left. 20 minutes was more than I could stand without getting myself in trouble!!

Zindo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Naw, no worries. It would make sense for them to go back to their home country if their husband/father left them. Makes him a piss-poor Muslim though

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It seems certain members have no problem emphasising and highlighting the religion of Priests whenever a report about child abuse surfaces. They also don't mind using these examples as justification to demonise most Christians. Do the same thing when people commit violence in the name of Islam and suddenly you are bigoted and racist.

Is this the price you pay for giving free speech to a minority that does not grant you the same courtesy in their countries when you are the minority?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
It seems certain members have no problem emphasising and highlighting the religion of Priests whenever a report about child abuse surfaces. They also don't mind using these examples as justification to demonise most Christians. Do the same thing when people commit violence in the name of Islam and suddenly you are bigoted and racist.

Is this the price you pay for giving free speech to a minority that does not grant you the same courtesy in their countries when you are the minority?

Will you please stop using logic. It confuses the Liberals and gives them hives at the same time!!
:

Zindo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Remember, this is the same chick who ran edited footage of an armed black man and claimed it showed a white racist.

Also, isn't it interesting how the MSM smears tea party protesters based on no evidence or exaggerating the actions of a few fringe people? Yet, go out of their way to positively spin real actions taken by Islamic extremists and make sure everyone knows they don't represent all Muslims? They did the same kind of crap when Maj. Hassan executed his terror.

Recent examples:

ABC Sees Optimistic Terrorist: Wife Enjoys American Sit-Coms While He Dots 'i' with a Heart

On Hardball: Worried Next Terror Attack Could Strengthen Tea Party

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You guys have fallen to the left/right paradigm again. The OP's site proclaims:

“Exposing & Combating Liberal Media Bias”

:shk:

The media is definitely liberal bias, it's well documented...which is why if you look at Media Matter (sorts out "conservative bias") they always pick Fox News and talk radio...both of which are predominantly right wing. However, to act like the media isn't mostly liberal is to lie to yourself.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Remember, to many liberals, anything is excusable and the people involved are just misunderstood, unless you are a conservative or a republican. To those same people, then you are just an evil racist. Doesn't matter if you are or not, or what your views are to them. Many on the left preach tolerance and understanding...... unless you're conservative. I am sure Contessa Brewer would have been happier if the bomber turned out to be a registered GOP voter.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

The media is definitely liberal bias, it's well documented...which is why if you look at Media Matter (sorts out "conservative bias") they always pick Fox News and talk radio...both of which are predominantly right wing. However, to act like the media isn't mostly liberal is to lie to yourself.

Mika Brezinski has been pretty honest about it and she grew up all over the MSM. Plus there are dozens of studies that back it up. The debate is over.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr
reply to post by yellowcard

Mika Brezinski has been pretty honest about it and she grew up all over the MSM. Plus there are dozens of studies that back it up. The debate is over.

Chevy Chase admitted a while back that SNL was trying to do everything they could to smear Reagen etc, because they all like Carter; they debate is definitely over.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rowsdowerr

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr

Good find. That is pretty startling. I don't like to see mass groups generalized together but I don't like media bias or an 'Oh, poor baby' excuse either.

Contrasting that video with the man who flew his plane into a tax building in Austin recently, the differences are dramatic I will admit. Tax man = deranged right wing anti-government lunatic. Not poor guy at the end of his rope who was pushed too hard by the system. Immigrant tries to blow up a car in NYC, not deranged anti-American extremist but instead possibly a poor guy at the end of his rope who was pushed too hard by the system.

A contrast of those videos would make a good thread in the Media forum about media bias.

I don't think we need to jump to conclusions about religious generalizations but I don't think the media should be hypocrites, either. In other words, don't demonize the group but don't defend the heinous acts either.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
FYI:

The copy of his Pakistani passport shows a picture of a serious-looking young man dressed in a suit and tie. It lists his occupation as a student and his religion as Muslim.

From Zindos link on previous page:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I read links. In spirit of OP, oh darn he IS a Muslim.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Very, very well put, AshleyD.

I think this is the thing that angers people most. It is almost like we have been programmed to condemn anti-social behaviour when it is done by "white conservative Average Joe", but this same behaviour is defended and excused when done by somebody from a minority.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yeah, I can't stand it. Or when it happens to the other side (and I will admit conservative media does it too). Their version might be tax man: Respected freedom fighter standing up to the IRS. Muslim NYC Bomber: MUSLIM MUSLIM MUSLIM (Did we mention...) MUSLIM terrorist?!?

So I kind of get upset with both crowds. Don't be on the stereotyping hate brigade by judging those who had nothing to do with it but don't jump aboard the PC train either and defend those responsible. Be fair, use reason. Etc., etc.

I do think it would make a good thread to contrast the videos (to be fair, from both sides to show the spin) but I'll wait to see if the one who found the video wants to do it. Media bias is something that really sizzles my bacon.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rowsdowerr

I would not take the word of any of the Brzezinski clan

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Very valid point. Zibignew isn't known for his forthright opinions either!

Zindo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Stormdancer777

They sure do, but their actions should not be used to discriminate an entire group of people.

Well it happens, if it was a christian militia man, how many apologist would post?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Second) In your first post in this thread, you're calling for equal judgment of all groups of people. Would you care to link a thread where you've defended the Tea Party? Or do you believe that one bad tea partier spoils the whole bunch?

Burn!

You will get people saying that they believed in the TPM in the beginning but not anymore that it has been taken over.

Of course they will never back small government, fair taxation and keeping the government, out of our damn lives.

Oh no, those are RADICAL ideas. Where as taxing me at 50-75% effective tax rates, Cap and Tax, forced Insurance purchase, two wars, Federal Reserve, etc etc etc are ALL JUST PEACHY!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join