It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Tea Party Supporters View Palin, Beck and Bush Favorably

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

It remains unclear whether the Tea Party movement has a leader - or if it wants one, according to a new CBS News/ New York Times poll. But when asked specifically about a few notable figures, Tea Partiers named Fox News personality Glenn Beck and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as favorites.

Two thirds of Tea Partiers said they had a favorable opinion of Palin, according to the poll, conducted April 5 - 12, while 59 percent have a favorable opinion of Beck.

Fifty-seven percent of Tea Partiers also think well of former Republican President George W. Bush, but only 35 percent think well of Sen. John McCain, the 2008 GOP presidential candidate.

some other interesting poll results.,,,,

www.cbsnews.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

The poll showed that GOP Rep. Ron Paul of Texas is not as well-known, even though Paul could be credited for starting the Tea Party trend. Only 28 percent of Tea Partiers said they have a favorable view of him, while 56 percent said they hadn't heard enough about him.

Somehow I'm not surprised. I believe that this poll also reflects the feelings of the GOP; so I'm having trouble finding any real difference between the TPM and the GOP. Another question...will the TPM eventually support the Republicans? I believe they will as the ideology of both seems the same. IMO.

Sorry, I see anyone that has a favorable opinion of GWB, the man that started to pointless wars, the man ultimately responsible for the faltering economy; as not very well connected with reality and has....

Let their ideology get in the way of their common sense.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Mod Edit

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate

(1) Politically inspired name calling of an ideological group is not allowed: examples: "Loonie Libs," "Obamaites," "Repuglicans," etc.

(2) Alterations of a politicians name, or any other high-profile political figure, for disparaging political effect is not allowed, including within member avatars and signatures.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Bush...ahh yes

Turning a surplus into a debt, double the national debt, invade, secrecy, etc etc etc etc etc.

At least we now know that there are no actual principles behind the tea party...or at least the percentage that put bush in that catagory. I support the Tea Party pushing Bush as their mascot, I find no potential drawback to hypocracy and loud/proud ignorance.

lol

My father doesn't even like Bush and what he did...and he is nearly fringe right Limbaughite

There is a difference between the core Tea Party founded by Ron Paul, and the Teatards which is pushed by Palin that have nothing to do with the Tea Partys roots.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
www.cbsnews.com...

The poll showed that GOP Rep. Ron Paul of Texas is not as well-known, even though Paul could be credited for starting the Tea Party trend. Only 28 percent of Tea Partiers said they have a favorable view of him, while 56 percent said they hadn't heard enough about him.

Wow...just...wow.

I am not a fan of Ron Paul...but the man has some great ideas...

holy crap...why do these far right loonies hate to educate themselves? I mean...if your going to join the club, learn about it to begin with...the hells wrong with these people!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This surprises and saddens me. I was still holding onto the hope that the tea party was what it set out to be. But then again, maybe it's so infiltrated by the GOP that the "Real" (original) tea partiers are in the vast minority.

I would expect any self-respecting tea partier to denounce Palin, Bush AND Beck, but support Ron Paul.

Then again, maybe they're a bunch of Obama haters, as the GOP planned them to be...

:shk: It's just sad.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You all do realize that Beck and Palin are two of the few people who haven't demonized the tea party movement at some point, right? I'd say that right there went a long way to give people a favorable impression of them. Who are you going to like more, the person who at least appears supportive of your cause or the one who tries to make you look like an idiot and a racist for not believing exactly as they do?

And is anyone really surprised that a lot of people don't know much about Ron Paul? I mean really? I could probably count the number of people I know who've heard enough about him to form an opinion and still have fingers left over. The poll numbers on that don't surprise me in the least.

As far as Bush goes, maybe the people they polled decided that the positives outweigh the negatives as far as he's concerned. Maybe they realized that Bush wasn't capable of accomplishing much without the support of Congress and are placing the blame evenly where it belongs instead of blaming the front man for everything the people behind the scenes passed through.

50 out of 52 Democrats in the Senate voted in favor of the Patriot Act and 145 out of 202 in the House voted in favor of it, a fact everyone conveniently forgets in favor of blaming the republican that was in the Oval Office at the time. You want to blame people for it, blame the Democrats who voted in favor of it too. To blame it all on Bush does nothing but make you a hypocrite at best and a party thrall at worst.

Note that I'm not defending Bush, Beck, or Palin. Bush and Palin are idiots on their best days, as far as I can tell. Beck I'm not sure about. Some days he makes good points that at least make me think even if I disagree with him. Some days he's just an idiot too.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here's a half-hearted conspiracy theory for you.

In an attempt to channel and control those elements of political society that resist the entrenched 'status quo' of the political machinery and it's principle beneficiaries and benefactors (one in the same), an outlet needed to be secured which would allow those most likely to abandon partisan support to feel that they are expressing their dissent without actually having a real impact on the key celebrity political actors.

The "Tea Party" fad was founded on a viral video which emboldened citizens to 'send a message' to the body politic. The response was to embrace the movement by applying media coverage and empathetic anger. It's a PR stunt that Edward Bernays would be proud of.

The best way to overcome a potential enemy is to 'install' a leader in their ranks. The deed is done.

Tsk, tsk.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I love what the original tea party stands for. I think I've said this on other threads before but Palin, Bush, and Beck as far as I'm concerned can kiss my a$$. Bush?? BUSH?!? Ugh, oy vey. Anyone who calls themselves a tea party activist and says that like Bush is an agent provocateur.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I would expect any self-respecting tea partier to denounce Palin, Bush AND Beck, but support Ron Paul.

:shk: It's just sad.

I agree. I liked the ideas they had when they started, but now it's just a joke.

Ron Paul all the way. But Palin, Bush, and co.? No thanks. It's not just about not liking Obama's policies. But it's about the bailouts, spending, and big govt. Don't forget that Palin, Bush, and Obama all supported the bank bailouts.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Sorry...is that a conspiracy theory, or a simple and obvious observation...

2nd line

and 3rd

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

'teabagger' is a nasty term started and basicly used by nasty people

America movement is much more appropriate
Freedom Czars is fine
but no matter what you call it,
it's growing by leaps and bounds
I can't imagine how bush would fit in favorably
I used to like Palin and she's still okay/somewhat favorable except for backing mcamnesty!
Beck is to me the best of the three mentioned
but
Mark Levin is the Man!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Dern Maxmars, you rained on my sith hate. Ok, in a broader sense I do believe in the tea partys original idea and message. I'm not sure if Fox News or the Republicans ruined the tea party but I am inclined to believe that they just weren't organized and encompassed too large of a body. I like Ron Paul but I don't think he really had any doing in creating the original tea party. I think Ron Paul AND the tea party were just used to encompass anyone who was just plain sick and tired of both American political parties and what they stand for.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

Good Lord Levin is worse than Beck AND Hannity. He doesn't even cling to any facts whatsoever. Palin is just an opportunistic female puppy trying to get richer.

EDIT: PS Dont forget the bendable straws

[edit on 15-4-2010 by damwel]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Personally i do not like any of the 3.

Do you guys who are reps, really see palin as a president? Or beck or do you want another bush?

Amazing how so many of this group, cannot see that both parties shaft all of us. The two party system in uk here too is like this, whoever wins we are all screwed.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by Maxmars

Sorry...is that a conspiracy theory, or a simple and obvious observation...

2nd line

and 3rd

Heck, I figured someone would debunk it!

I don't know if what I 'theorized' is completely accurate. Unlike other theories, conspiracy theory is hard to verify by experimentation and observation. Maybe this is just a new 'flavor' of Republican... a make believe 'third' party (I HATE that lie) to vote for if you are repulsed by liberal ideology.

Truth is, it is all sort of comical in it's irrelevance. The changes we need to make have little to do with partisanship, in my opinion, and mostly to do with Juris Prudence and a code of personal accountability in public stewardship.

PS. That old one-liner thing is a dinosaur, as long as the sentence is relevant to the OP, it is fine.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
OK, so CBS releases a poll that has these results? Really? And you guys yell and scream at conservatives for putting up information by fox news ,saying the view is distorted because Fox is a right wing news network.......I love hypocrisy at work.

BTW why dont you check Rasmussen polls to see what the REAL numbers are as far as tea party left/right paradigm. After all its well respected by both the left and the right in this country as one of the most accurate out there.

Once again mud flinging to discredit the Tea Party movement......when gov run media starts demonizing something as often as they can, people should take notice.......Tea Parties must be doing something right

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

True, Mark isn't perfect but over all he's still my favoriate.

I like Laura Inghram a very lot as well.

I think all the ones mentioned except for bush want the best for America, unlike almost everyone in D C these days.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ooops - my bad - down at the very bottom the article in the OP did (kinda sorta ) say that the Tea Partiers didn't think Palin would be qualified to be President. However, they don't spell out the results around that as good as the following.

Poll: 47 percent of Tea Party supporters say Palin wouldn't be effective president

A plurality of Tea Party activists say former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) would not be an effective president of the United States, a new poll found Thursday.

Forty-seven percent of Tea Partiers said they don't think Palin would make a good president, as opposed to 40 percent who think she would be an effective chief executive, a new New York Times/CBS News poll found. Thirteen percent didn't know or had no answer.

Tea Partiers express more confidence than the general public in Palin's ability to lead, though Tea Partiers' opinion of Palin, who's openly embraced the movement ahead of a potential 2012 bid for the White House, could spell trouble for the former Alaska governor.

Tea Party activists still maintain a very favorable opinion of Palin in comparison to many other national leaders, who draw the ire of the movement.

Sixty-six percent of Tea Partiers say they view Palin favorably, while 12 percent said they had an unfavorable opinion. Nineteen percent had no opinion.

So while they have a favorable view of her - they don't really see her as someone who could run the country.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Frogs]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Frogs]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Laura Ingram? Yikes! She's a total shill for the wrong kind of conservative, the neo-conservative. I'm sure she's a nice person but man, I can't deal with or forgive a lot of the excuse making she made during the Bush years.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
OK, so CBS releases a poll that has these results? Really? And you guys yell and scream at conservatives for putting up information by fox news ,saying the view is distorted because Fox is a right wing news network.......I love hypocrisy at work.

BTW why dont you check Rasmussen polls to see what the REAL numbers are as far as tea party left/right paradigm. After all its well respected by both the left and the right in this country as one of the most accurate out there.

Once again mud flinging to discredit the Tea Party movement......when gov run media starts demonizing something as often as they can, people should take notice.......Tea Parties must be doing something right

Thanks for pointing the obvious hypocrisy out. Somehow I missed the memo which said Fox wasn't a reputable source of news but CBS was and should be trusted implicitly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join