It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC's Contessa Brewer 'Frustrated' That Times Square Bomber Is a Muslim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

MSNBC's Contessa Brewer 'Frustrated' That Times Square Bomber Is a Muslim

newsbusters.o rg

MSNBC host Contessa Brewer appeared on the liberal Stephanie Miller radio show on Tuesday and lamented the fact that the person arrested for the attempted Times Square bombing is a Pakistani American. She complained, "I get frustrated...There was part of me that was hoping this was not going to be anybody with ties to any kind of Islamic country."

Read more: newsbusters.org...
(visit the link for the full news article)

There is audio of the radio show where Brewer was interviewed on that linked page, as well.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by sos37]

+4 more 
link   
Apologies to the mods if this story doesn't belong in this forum - please move appropriately.

Amazing. She's continuing the MSM's crusade that anyone who is wary of radical Muslim terrorism must certainly be a racist. In this case, she's frustrated because the attacker in this case proved to be a Muslim. FRUSTRATED, mind you. Can you believe the gaul of this woman??? Nevermind that right now in our country's history we are facing a war on terror that focuses mainly (though not exclusively) on Middle-Eastern Terrorism. There are pockets of home-spun terrorists that need careful attention also, like the Hutaree.

I'm sorry, Ms. Brewer, but people from the Middle East aren't typically Mormons or Jehova's Witnesses or even atheists for that matter. There's a reason we are wary of Muslim extremists right now and MAYBE, just maybe, it has to do with the fact that there is a large group of Muslim extremists who want the U.S. destroyed and are actively working to do just that. Did that thought ever cross into your tiny little mind? No, of course not. At MSNBC we believe civil rights trumps everything, including common sense!

newsbusters.o rg
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-5-2010 by sos37]

link   
Also disturbing is what's she's basically saying is if the man had succeeded in detonating his car bomb and killing people, the MSM would be taking every effort to hide the fact that he is a Muslim from the public.

Second line.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

What "religion" did Timothy McVeigh profess to?

(man, this just keeps geting weirder and weirder....what, if the NEXT media-grabbing-headline is a perp who is Jewish, THEN what???)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Dumb people on tv again. These people probably read threads on our board, claiming they where eskimos behind it, and these clowns probably believed those threads.

Planks of wood in intelligence and on tv.

This dumb person probably reads this board, hope you liked the eskimo threads.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by andy1033]

+22 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Of course she's frustrated. They've spent the past two years or so denigating "tea partiers" and everyone on the right. Even Michael Bloomberg postulated that this was going to be "someone upset with the health care bill". Maybe it's fine time for the MSM to begin the appropriate criticism of radical muslim extremists they've been actively avoiding for years.

+22 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

What she probably 'meant' to say was that she was hoping it could be tied in with a militia member or a 'tea-party' advocate .

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by sos37

What she probably 'meant' to say was that she was hoping it could be tied in with a militia member or a 'tea-party' advocate .

Exactly, scum on tv love to haress certain groups.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by sos37

Beat me to it. Yeah, you know they were chomping at the bit to blame it on the Tea Party.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

No doubt about it in my mind.

It absolutely does not surprise me at all. Its about what I expect from that network and from this 'person.'

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i bet she was hoping it was tea party lol
... or other non mainstream group

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Was watching the Early Show this morning getting ready for work and even they were pushing the domestic terrorist agenda.

They had a "security expert" on and between him, Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez they were practically salivating over the thought that this one was going to be a homegrown variety of terrorist.

I'm in no way saying we don't have elements in our society that have become "domestic terrorists" we do, and they need to be dealt with accordingly, when it can be proven that, that's what they were up to.

But The Early Shows agenda was there for all to see...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

huh???

they were practically salivating over the thought that this one was going to be a homegrown variety of terrorist.

And that "white dude" named Timothy McVeigh was, what AGAIN?

But The Early Shows agenda was there for all to see...

Let me guess....YOU give the FOX "news" channel a pass? Hmmmm....

While you're reaching, can you pass me the pepper?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Not sure exactly what religion, but he was a professed white supremist, and think a communist. He carried out the April 19th Okla. bombing because of what happened in Waco, Tx. on April 19th. He was scum like ALL people that kill innocents purposely.
Wasn't Hitler's Birthday on April 20th?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, I wasn't overly happy to see yet another islamic wackjob...I think their extreme is a PR disaster for the religion as a whole...not that the extremist x-ian flavor blowing up abortion clinics are any better mind you.

I do hope one day moderate thinking takes over all of islam...and they leave their 12th century philosophical interpretations behind. Time for the majority moderate islamics to speak out against the trash fringe.

I get frustrated at many governmental policys, many nations, etc...but I would never consider blowing crap up from that frustration...its all about the power of words, thoughts, and philosophies...not threats and fear..that will never hold power long term over people.

+13 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Your reading an awful lot into a small post. I notice you do that alot.

No, not a FOX news person, I said I was watching The Early Show, and yes I know who Tim was...and I also said where it can be proven, they should be dealt with accordingly.

Get off your little liberal I hate conservatives bent, the country is going to hell in a handbasket and you want to split hairs over political agendas.

Front for the DNC much?...hell for that matter RNC as well...they are both F'd up.

Oh and get your own damn pepper...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I agree with her!!!

I mean... Now it's going to instantly be sought as an attack on the nations freedom or foreign policy; NOT that of the damn nations agenda.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
i bet she was hoping it was tea party lol
... or other non mainstream group

She clearly hints that she wishes it were a tea partier....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Speakin' on Bloomberg...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The question Sos37... will you fall for the same shtick once they label your dissending community as extremists?

You believed them when they said they are all extremists in ME
Will you believe the same when they say that regarding returning troops and vets as the DHS said?
Or how about those opposed to abortion or those with concerns over immigration or loss of sovereignty?

And if you won't fall for it then why only fall for it when it involves foreigners but not your countrymen?

I would like your answers on these questions.

Thanks

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join