It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How then smart guys...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
Also, Im talking about any and everyone that is against any form of immigration control. My family came here almost 100 years ago and did so to the letter of the law then.

If you want to come here fine. Ill help you come if I can in any way. But do so like mine did and do it right.

Even if you dont learn English 100%, Ill deal.

Ill adjust as long as you adjust to our laws the same way we do.

Other than that, Im just generalizing.

The thing is that 100 hundred years ago things were a lot easier on immigrants.

"A member of the following classes shall be presumed to have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence even though a record of his admission cannot be found, except as otherwise provided in this section, unless he abandoned his lawful permanent resident status or subsequently lost that status by operation of law:

(a) Prior to June 30, 1906. An alien who establishes that he entered the United States prior to June 30, 1906. "

Presumption of lawful admission

[edit on 1-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

That Pedro story was great!

Of course i don't find it funny how your town has incidents twice a year due to the fact that illegal truckers cannot read. That is a huge problem. People can be killed for cryin out loud!

What if your town placed tracks (random pair with no power to them or trains), set up a sign a mile prior, warning of high centering rigs, and let them bottom out their trucks with no risk of damaging your towns ifastructure, or deaths??

This way you penalize the all the Pedros and the trucking company at the same time. There's no way that an insurance company is going to to pay for bottoming out a rig if there is indeed a sign posted, so the compnanies will be forced to pay the damages.

Hell, we can set up little Pedro traps all over the country in a miriad of ways! At the very least perhaps the Pedros will learn to read English if nothing else.

"This is Pedro" (don't vote for him) < greatest line Ive seen in a while.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by spinalremain]

[edit on 1-5-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The above post is awarded POTD by me.

I lol'ed big time!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The illegal problem over the southern border stems from a policy instituted during the cold war because we were scared to death that Mexico would go communist. Anyone who went south of the border in the 1980's will remember that every overpass and other areas of graffiti all had a hammer & sickle. By allowing a porous border the border states acted like a pressure cooker to relieve the poverty in Mexico to avert a Marxists government. Now with the cold war ended, the politicians are scrambling to overturn 50 years of illegal though condoned border policy.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ALBERT EINSTEIN

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
Ok, Arizona is busting heads with illegals, good I say.

I dont like check points, but I get it.

I do.

How the hell are we suppose to find them and deport them if you cant look for them?

I dont get some of you guys, scream cause the border issue, then when something happens to try to ease the flow of illegals, you scream UnConstitutional...

How them smart guys?

It could be easy: deport the felons / repeat offenders.. then again they'll just walk back one day thanks to GOP & DNC leadership.. but hey, at least it's something...

Besides, haven't you heard yet?, the govt says patrolling the iraq / iran / afghan-cong borders (8000 miles fron US soil) is a better use of your tax dollars.. it keeps us safer..

Regular productive law abiding people practically invited here by the fed govts generations of purposeful failure .. who cares, the only difference between us and them: we're tax slaves, they're labor slaves.. when the tyrannical & fascist 2-party dear leaders launch a poo scud at the fan.. we'll be happy for the millions of "undocumented" brother slaves on our side.

Until people without the same piece of paper as you start to glow, there is no practical way to tell us from them.. meaning all our rights must be eroded to find 'them"... and history has shown the US govt ALWAYS abuses any additional powers they get.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Very well said... And some very good points I had not thought of.

Maybe, just maybe these guys could help then... How though do we utilize them without exploiting them?

Im not right, or left, and I believe in freedom and honest liberty. I could get behind an amnesty program that was truly set up to work. Now, Im not saying I have answers, I dont. But there is someone out there that does.

I dont like being one of the guys thats against hard working people looking to better their lives.

But there is a line in the sand and I hold everyone to the same set of standards as a human. I follow the laws when in your nation, you follow the laws when in mine.

If not, you go home and dont come back.

I know a fence is a wall, and yada yada yada, Berlin this... Whatev.

I want a wall with gun nests every 50 yards on a remote motion sensor.

Come, Come all, I dont care, just do so legally.

(and dont say RACIST. Ive been called worse, and by better Im sure, if thats your argument.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join