It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How then smart guys...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ok, Arizona is busting heads with illegals, good I say.

I dont like check points, but I get it.

I do.

How the hell are we suppose to find them and deport them if you cant look for them?

I dont get some of you guys, scream cause the border issue, then when something happens to try to ease the flow of illegals, you scream UnConstitutional...

How them smart guys?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

At the end of your rant you have how them smart guys, do you mean how then smart guys?

I am sure you are just a little pissed, take it easy, think a little bit. Put your thoughts down and then exhale.

The ones decrying this do not want borders, they want free travel for everyone except Americans. Every other country is allowed to enforce their laws, we are just not allowed to enforce ours.

They are ignorant.

They see the Democrats plan for a national id system and amnesty and think it is a great idea.

The illegals are not allowed to be asked for an ID, but we are forced to give up our rights of privacy.

Perfect logic in their eyes, just completely IDIOTIC logic, but hell you cannot take an ignorant to the water of knowledge.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Another Law Enforcement victimized by Illegals

So how long are you willing to keep a blind eye?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You could target the businesses that hire illegals.

Make it a felony with mandatory jail time to hire any undocumented workers.

Cut off the money supply. People will stop coming here if they can't work here.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
On the surface this law is necessary and makes sense. But it will be turned into a problem-reaction-solution type of opportunity for TPTB. Someone I know was saying how bad this bill is because it is rascist.
There are two pathways this law can take but both lead to the same thing (over the next year, give or take).

1) The law becomes a huge issue and the Obama administration makes a big deal out of it being considered rascist. The media covers it and we are told there is a huge public outcry against the bill. When it seems the bill will fall apart and cause huge problems between the feds and the states then they will propose a solution. It will be the national ID card for EVERYONE. Because we can't just make mexicans carry their papers, that would be rascist.

2) The law goes into effect and it is initially considered a victory for the states. They let it play out naturally until inevitably it becomes clear that it (the law) targets latinos. After some public incidents sensationalized by the media the national ID card is passed as the remedy to our problem and they say "see, this is good because it prevents rascism". 'They' will probably shove it in the faces of people who know what is going on, by making a bunch of patriotic propaganda about how our founders would praise it because it stops perceived rascism. The irony that a characteristic of a totalitarian police state will be sold to the public as a victory for freedom, will be tragic to the few who recognize it. It will be lost on the general public.

Of these 2, the first would be quicker so I believe it is more likely the one 'they' want. But the second would convince more people because after hearing about the national ID card soon they will become de-sensitized.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
You could target the businesses that hire illegals.

Make it a felony with mandatory jail time to hire any undocumented workers.

Cut off the money supply. People will stop coming here if they can't work here.

We already TARGET all of the Drug Users, you see where that has gotten us?

Targeting the source would work a lot better than what the end uses are.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

We already TARGET the all the Drug Users, you see where that has gotten us?

Targeting the source would work a lot better than what the end uses are.

Actually a very good point, but I'm afraid there's an even better solution than what AZ is doing.

Secure the borders themselves, that's step 1.

We are creating obtuse reactionary legislation to deal with the symptoms of the problem (illegal immigration), rather than enforcing already existing legislation to deal with the cause (open borders).

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
How the hell are we suppose to find them and deport them if you cant look for them?

This was the very argument that turned me against the Bush administration — "they" (both Dem and GOP Congressmen) claimed it was "impossible" to track down the illegal aliens. Which is pure horse hockey — I can point you to a good 2 million illegal aliens any day of the week...down at my local Wal-Mart. Set up INS raids at Wal-Marts all over America, and you'd catch every last one of the illegal bastards.

I listened to John McCain claim that only the U.S. Congress was qualified to handle this illegal alien issue — which was a goddamned lie. If only Congress could handle the illegal alien issue, then why didn't they handle it when they first "reformed immigration policy" back in the 1980s?

It's because they saw the political value of allowing illegal alien numbers to soar until amnesty and instant citizenship were the only answers. Hell, how about 20 to 40 million new taxpaying voters for whichever side pushed through amnesty? That would be like a massive injection of 20 to 40 million new Democrat votes (or Republican votes, if the GOP took credit for immigration "reform").

In fact, it was the congressional illegal alien controversy in 2006 that was the birthplace of the "Town Hall" meetings that eventually blossomed into the Tea Party movement.

I dont get some of you guys, scream cause the border issue, then when something happens to try to ease the flow of illegals, you scream UnConstitutional.

I don't know which "guys" you're talking about — I've been screaming that Congressional reform of our immigration policy was entirely unnecessary; rather, the Executive Branch just needed to enforce existing law.

But the Executive Branch aint down with enforcing 20-year-old immigration law... It's not lenient enough, right, because they say we need to open our borders as part of the Global Union nightmare.

So which is it going to be? National Security or Global Union?

Well, when the Bush administration made it clear that they were in favor of amnesty and open borders and (thereby) Globalization of America, that's when the GOP lost my vote. In point of fact, there is no way for you to vote against Globalization in America anymore. There's no way for you to vote for closed borders and deportation, because there aint any candidates on either side who will enforce such a mandate from the people.

You think Ron Paul would close our borders? Think again. Ron Paul would be the lamest lame-duck president ever, because a president without a Congress behind him is a useless president.

The only ass holes who claim that enforcing immigration laws is "unconstitutional" are the Liberal crybabies who have no knowledge of Constitutional Law in the first place, and who want the Constitution shredded, burned and buried to make way for the New World Order.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/30/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think when you can barely speak a word of English, that would be a good start and dead give away. I sure do hope the legal immigrants we allow into the country have to know how to read English at the least in order to be able to function. But even that is changing in a lot of areas.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Question for clearity, what type of illegals are we all talking about here?

Puerto Ricans?

Maybe French?

I know... How about British.......

Oh.... People from South of the Border.

So, since this is a Latino problem, and most of the issue comes from Mexican illegals, how is any bill meant to deal with this not become racist to some of you?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Also, Im talking about any and everyone that is against any form of immigration control. My family came here almost 100 years ago and did so to the letter of the law then.

If you want to come here fine. Ill help you come if I can in any way. But do so like mine did and do it right.

Even if you dont learn English 100%, Ill deal.

Ill adjust as long as you adjust to our laws the same way we do.

Other than that, Im just generalizing.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You could target the businesses that hire illegals. Make it a felony with mandatory jail time to hire any undocumented workers. Cut off the money supply. People will stop coming here if they can't work here.

Seconded!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

Not all illegals are Hispanic, some numbers for you.

Immigration counters

22 million +
597k non hispanic

Immigration Stats

11 million + this is the lowest on I have found-from 2000 census, I am sure every illegal filled out there census forms

this site does not differentiate from country or hispanic non hispanic

From article 2007

More than 43% of all Food Stamps issued are to illegal aliens.
More than 41% of all unemployment checks issued in the United States are to illegal aliens.

Well, I have scanned most of the federal databases. Lo and behold, they have no real stats. Just like protecting the border, they could care less how much they cost, who they are, what they are doing, how many people get killed.

Just so long as you pay your taxes, the feds could care less about anything about you or I, I guess.

Oh well.

[edit on 4/30/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Okay, that idea has been broached. I guess that will take care of the people that attempt to get jobs and such.

Wonder if that would get rid of the gangs?

How bout the other criminals?

I would think not. Might even make some of them with jobs to do something else.

Oh well.

Might just as well DO NOTHING. Just like always.

Hmmmmm. I guess the federal government has FAILED AGAIN to actually do what is in the Constitution. I guess the contract is broken AGAIN.

I guess businesses are not citizens. Might as INFRINGE on their rights huh wuk?

How do expect the businesses to prove they are illegal?

You I am sure are not going to force businesses to ask them if they are legal are you?

That is against their rights, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
I think when you can barely speak a word of English, that would be a good start and dead give away. I sure do hope the legal immigrants we allow into the country have to know how to read English at the least in order to be able to function. But even that is changing in a lot of areas.

Check this out...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef6797380426.jpg[/atsimg]

These are photos I took here in my little town up in the Smoky Mountains of the Carolinas. On the left you see Pedro (don't vote for him) on the phone to his trucking boss in Laredo, Texas, trying to explain how he happened to drive a goddamned 18-wheeler into the path of a freight train.

See, Pedro has a little problem. He can't speak or read English. If he could read English, he would have seen the several warning signs posted throughout my town, warning him that he would high-center his tractor-trailer if he tried to cross the railroad tracks.

So he high-centered his tractor-trailer rig on the railroad tracks. We get about 40 trains a day through my town, typically traveling around 50 to 60 MPH. Pedro only had to wait 5 minutes for the next one.

The last time anyone saw Pedro, he was hitchhiking down Interstate 85 toward Atlanta.

Now, this happens at least twice a year in my town. We complained to the State about the illegal alien truckers wadding up their shît in the middle of our town, and you know what the State did... They ordered us to post warning signs in Español.

Not get the goddamned illegal aliens off American highways, but make it easier for these menaces to negotiate our nation's highways and byways.

What the HELL is wrong with our government?

Do they not realize that Pedro drove damned near 2000 miles from the Mexican border before he wadded up his shît in North Carolina? That's 2000 miles of warning signs that he couldn't read. How did he even order a cup of coffee, for godsake?

This whole idea of a Trans-North-American Highway, the NAFTA Freeway running from Mexico to Canada via the American Midwest — with lowered standards for vehicle safety, cargo safety, and driver competence — is harebrained, at best.

It's a threat to National Security, at worst.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

So, since this is a Latino problem, and most of the issue comes from Mexican illegals, how is any bill meant to deal with this not become racist to some of you?

It's not a Latino problem, it's a criminal problem. Illegal aliens are criminals. Who cares if they're French or English or Mexican? The main problem is that our national borders are NOT SECURE, and 20 million Mexican illegals is proof of that.

Last time I looked, Frenchmen and Englishmen weren't sneaking into America by the goddamned millions through a shared border with the USA.

Your attempt to turn a criminal problem into a racial problem is transparent and disingenuous.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/30/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

That is messed up, although I had to laugh a few times at the clowning up that these illegal immigrants cause because its incompetence by our own government that has to have been done on purpose, (among other things).

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

So we get "Pedro" and send him back to Mexico, I guess you don't worry about the trucking company that hired "Pedro" eh? Oh no, not like they won't hire just the next illegal alien in line right?

Naa, don't say to the owner of the trucking company, "Hey, why don't we take your business, shut it down, throw you in prison for 5 years! Maybe then, you won't hire undocumented workers that high center trucks on rail lines!"

Na, don't do that, just continuously round up illegals, throw them out, have them come back, throw them out, have them come back, throw them out...

Kinda like the war on drugs right?

Take away the jobs that these illegals get, and you take away the reason for them to come over here.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And what about gang members and drug dealers? Well, it's obvious that America's appetite for drugs will never cease. I guess you just legalize them, tax them, and lo and behold cartels are no longer criminal empires, but are in the export import trade.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well, the problem with this issue of illegal aliens coming across the border and the inability of the Federal government is more than NATIONALITY.

The issue that NOBODY will dare create a public dialog but is there simmering in the background is the fact that there is a ethnic group that is trying to become predominant in the U.S.

A ethnic group that is almost entirely Roman Catholic.

There I said it.

If and when this ethnic group becomes a majority in the U.S.

The U.S. will become the largest Catholic country in the world.

Is it co-incidental that the most complex criminal organizations in the U.S including the Italian mafia,the Irish mob or even the foreign drug cartels from Columbia and Mexico are all basically Catholic crime organizations?

Chicago and Boston politics are dominated by corrupt Catholic politicians.

The unions in the U.S. are dominated and ruled by corrupt Catholic leaders.

Look how corrupt the Vatican and its hierarchy is.

Oh,by the way,there are over 40,000 illegal Irish working and living in the U.S. also.

Just on the east coast of the U.S.

All good Catholics.

We can thank "fathead dead Ted" Kennedy for that fact of life.

The reason you don't hear that being an issue is they have learned to assimilate in to the society.

The good people of Arizona has stood up and said,"We are not going to take it anymore".

Will any other state,"grow some balls" and reclaim their sovereignty?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join