It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I noticed the Tip was gone in all the other pics as well.

Strange isn't it?

They had to get C, the real pic, and butcher it 5 ways to make these other "examples".

It's very bizarre behavior IMO.

They didn't even butcher the maps correctly either...

I know. I can't understand the rationale behind this at all.

I wonder what our Australian and New Zealander contributors make of this all ?

A lot of rubbish. The northern tip of NZ is slightly south of Sydney, and Cape York is not all that far from PNG.

Feel sorry for the OP, his geography teacher may well have been stupid.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm not a debunker, but why does this theory still persist? Its mental, if some secret government project, really had gone back in time and as a result, had caused Australia and New Zealand to move. How would you know?

You wouldn't be able to tell because you and everyone on the planet would have also been effected by the altered timeline and all the geography books would have been altered by the timeline change too, so it would be impossible to say (as many people are saying) " I don't remember Australia being there! Someones moved it!" You would just remember it always being there. You lot are obviously just misrembering its location.

(Btw Australia does actually move further north about 5cm every year due to Continental drift. All continents suffer from this to some degree. So if Australia has moved firther north, this would be the reason for it)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Heh, I should stop...but I presume you misspelled 'flock' to get passed the censors....

Also, say "six" for me, digger!

At least we can joke about this.

It seems some people are serious and in denial (embarrassed?) about their geographic knowledge (and geologic, and natural history and infinitum).
edit on 7-2-2011 by aorAki because: removed reference to underam delivery

Yes, well we're in the right thread for a few jokes.

Its good to know that we can still have a laugh with our brothers and sisters across the Tasman (assuming NZ is still across the Tasman? LOL). Also glad to see you guys finally have electricity and internet over there, you must be stoked.

Nice looking ridgeback you have there by the way. I have a ridgey x mastiff and she is an absolute freak of a dog. We have re-homed around 60 dogs from death row at the pound over the past three years but decided we had to keep her (very special)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Please rename.

"98 ATS members and Counting...We don't know geography"
A simple search of "world map" would have answered this for you.
edit on 9-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
C.

but a bit more space between us and PNG.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I too agree Australia has moved..... i remember it way out in the middle of nowhere.

If it was so close to Japan how come the Japanses look nothing like the native aboriginies? Surely there would be some silmilaritys..... and why does Australia have animals that no where is the world has? Kangaroo's etc etc.

I was under the impression they developed ONLY there bcoz Oz was so issolated?

At least it was in my timeline amyway!

Glad some other people remember it that way.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by I know it all...

Answer: none of them....looks like a cheap ass map .Australia has always been where it is.

People today still don't know where we are.

And yes there was a report out not to long ago that NEW ZEALAND is actually moving closer towards Australia.

It wasn't to long ago either.

Does anyone know if there is a thread where Ozzy's meet/discuss ?

edit on 10-3-2011 by thedevos1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I feel rather silly now...for a few days I have pondered over this feeling sur ethe top of Australia never used to be near any other land. And feeling that New Zealand was on the other side of Australia all together.

Then I realised why....I used to tip my globe upside down to look at Australia....
So I've changed my mind...definitly where I always remember it, my brain was just trying to fool me.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sheesh, i understand what the OP is trying to say. But what a lot of people here do NOT understand is if the timeline DID shift, you would not remember it being any different than it is now, because your memories would also shift with the timeline. There is no real way to prove or disprove the argument scientifically unless there was some sort of temporal anomaly left over from this huge event. Interestingly enough, i think what we should be asking, hypothetically, is why some peoples memories were NOT altered.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
NZ shook last week big time and guess what it’s still in the same place as it always has been. I really can’t believe people out there think it’s somehow magically moved, I mean common I dig a good conspiracy too but this is stupid.

Landmasses have moved since the conception of our earth, but not recently, if you do think this you must be dumb or just playing games or have been looking at the globe upside down, which is the most likely HA HA HA good for a laugh though especially for us Aussies.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi

I did the Photoshop manipulation on A, B, D and E and also removed the "tip" of North Australia because it was never there before in my memory and some other members memory.

I wanted to see if someone else had a memory of this "tip" being gone.

Your memory is wack if you think Cape York wasn't there before

What the hell are you smoking ? can you send me some,send it to Australia in the same bloody place it's always been

Do you think Aussie's are that stupid we wouldn't notice Cape York magically appear,with towns mines and people? epic fail dude
edit on 16/3/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I am an Australian, who lives in New Zealand.
Australia and New Zealand are where thy have been for thousands of years.
Your geography teacher and you are the idiots here.
But us non-yanks are used to the ignorance displayed by a lot of you.

Hop onto an Air NZ plane at LAX and come see for yourself.
And try Google earth.
Oh to be found out to be so stupid, sad really.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Its the E, but you put mistakes, why you put so close Sumatra, to Indo-China continent ?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by antinwochick

seriously C wth Im no geography wiz but australia is no way that near land crazy gonna check google maps and see if its still where it should be

tho seriously you people in the C universe I hope your more awake than the sheeple in mine...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Why isn't this rubbish in the hoax section? If the timeline did shift how did it change the 50 year old maps at my mums house or the thousands of old maps around the world?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm sure its been already mentioned but I'm not scrolling through 23 pages of a year long thread arguing whether Australia has moved or not.

I'm australian and I used to live near cape York (tip of Australia) and I remember people windsurfing from australia to Papua New Guinea and back. Australia also owns all the islands in the Torres Straight (the NARROW body of water between PNG and OZ), the closest being only 10km off the PNG mainland.

Think about it. If Australia was in any other further south than picture 'C' then it would have the same climate as Europe, and woould not be the tropical place with the nice beaches with the desert in the middle which everyone knows it to be.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I've explained this like 3 times on this thread.. people just don't want to listen.
It's due to their first memories of Australia being on inaccurate, sparsely detailed continent worksheets in school.
They showed only the continents (likely none of the islands and etc) and were usually poor examples anyway. So later in life people take a look at a better detailed map.. not to mention so many more pictures from space and for some reason jump to the conclusion they are in a time slip in which.. only australia is a little different.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well I understand the joking here, it is definately to be expected.
I saw this thread long ago, and it did get me to recognize that I, too, thought Australia was further down and alone, and NZ was on the other side! When my father moved there years ago, I remember looking at a map and considering moving there too, but seeing as it just was so isolated, that made me reconsider.

Okay- I am nul in geography, and/or my memory sucks, go ahead and laugh, I'll give that to you (that's why I didn't post a response before).

But seeing the way some are responding, I think the concept of a shift in "timelines" is being misunderstood, probably due to the misuse of the term... what is being considered is a shift in realities- if there are multiple realities or multi-verses, similar to each other, but with little differences, and an individuals consciousness shifted from one to another, they would notice small changes that others who had been in that particular reality for a while would not. For them, things would have always been as they were, and all their records would show that.

So the argument that the situation and location of Australia has always been there and that can be seen by looking at maps both present and past, is completely nul as an objection to multiple realities and possible reality shifts happening to the consciousness of people from one of their dopplegangers to another. The argument could perhaps stand that the memory in your dopplegangers brain would be of it's particular reality..... but that can be countered with the concept that some memory might be carried in consciousness from one reality to another, particularly in the case of a individual consciousness becoming more self aware. As in the ideas that "in a good or enlightened death, the person retains their memory of the past life through their transition".

In a sense the concept goes back to the one of possible deaths in which ones consciousness just shifts realities without a memory of dying, but a memory of their living.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Don't count me in
I think Australia is where it's always been.
obviously, lol

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I loved geography and I had a globe that I played with all the time as a kid. The only conclusion I can come to is my globe and the maps i saw as a kid and teen were all wrong. NZ was NEVER that far south. I don't belive in a time line shift. I do believe I was fed bad information.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join