It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Im American, and extremely well versed in Geography....was even in Geography Bees all through school....and This. Is. Not. Right.

Australia itself seems to have moved closer to Papua and New Zealand, for me, is on the wrong side.....Idk..it all just seems way wrong....

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As a New Zealander this thread just makes me laugh more and more.
I don't believe the above poster was very well-versed in Geography (outside of the U.S.) if this is his opinion.
Australia has always been "the West Island".

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I remember being D or E.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What I find amazing is that there's 98 ATS Members from Australia who aren't currently running screaming from some horrible deadly creature that's after to either poison, eat, or maul them.

How in the world do you all find time to post?

I mean seriously, right now, there's probably 20 things stalking you trying to take you down.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
What I find amazing is that there's 98 ATS Members from Australia who aren't currently running screaming from some horrible deadly creature that's after to either poison, eat, or maul them.

How in the world do you all find time to post?

I mean seriously, right now, there's probably 20 things stalking you trying to take you down.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't America contain a large number of fairly scary creatures as well?

Wolves...Bears..........George W. Bush.......

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am still utterly disappointed by some of the post by veteran ATSers in here degraded posters for their beliefs and comments. It is utterly ridiculous.

I don't know if I was counted in the original count - but I took minimal part in the original topic. I had to leave because I got so fed up trying to explain to people the reasoning behind why maps wouldn't change in a timeline shift and yet they were too ignorant to understand such a concept.

A little background on myself - 4.0 GPA. Top 20 of my class in high school, salutatorian in college. Passed Geography with flying colors. History and politics of foreign countries were favorite subjects of mine. I had always wanted to move to New Zealand after seeing the Lord of the Rings films and it was when the topic was posted last year that I questioned myself and said - "Wait a minute, what is going on here?"

Because since my childhood, the location of Australia has relative to the E photo with New Zealand to the northeast and turned counterclockwise about 45 degrees. They were always quite far away from any other landmasses. I didn't know the explanation, I thought I could have been wrong - but as more and more people came out about it, and as they shared some experiences about events, some that I shared as well - there comes a time where you start to question simple coincidence.

So while some people might jump to the conclusion of timeline shift, I think it is sad that even more people jump to the conclusion of such a mass amount of people being unintelligent and just plain wrong and egotistical enough to not admit it. Some of these people I know through posting and they do not seem the type. They are just looking for answers and someone telling them - "NO, you are just wrong, you always were wrong, and it is time to move on." isn't an answer, it is a cop out.

So unless you can contribute to the conversation and help the people figure out a legible answer instead of spouting off the same diatribe that they have no doubt heard before, countless times, then don't even bother to post.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Don't know if that has been brought up yet, but as you can see from this image if Australia had ever been in the position some say they remember it would have been on top of Antarctica:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
And he doesn't know about this story.
And recently, as said before, the pope, for us, has been so for two and a half year. Here, it seems to be 5 years!
Aresh

I am one of those who believe Australia has changed position, however I do remember the pope being elected about 5 years ago.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I couldn't have said it any better! Nice job.
As one of the people who distinctly remember NZ being in a completely different area, I realized that trying to discuss it on here was pretty much a lost cause due to the apparent inability of most of the commenters to understand what we were trying to say or criticizing our knowledge of geography.
I was hoping that someone would start a private forum somewhere where we could discuss this amongst ourselves, but I don't think it ever happened.

Either way, very well said.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So what about the climate? The flora and fauna? All of the other elements that go into making an area of the world what it is?

All of the 98, what are your recollections of the environment of New Zealand? As I'm sure you will appreciate, it's a lot more than just where you remember its location on a map...what was going on there, who lived there (people, animals, plants etc) What was the weather like?

And if you say that you do not know, then I do not think you are qualified to tell others that their beliefs that it has not moved is in any way unfair or critical, because timeshift or not, we live in a finally balanced universe that depends on a multitude of factors to make it what it is today.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I remember australia and new zeeland beeing like this: (F)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
According to this 50 year old map I have, Australia and New Zealand are in the correct places in map 'C' this map I have is in Volume 10 of 'Newnes pictorial knowledge' not much else to add really.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hombre

the obvious reply to your claim :

1 - did japan bomb darwin [ australia ] during WWII

2 - what is the average temp for december and june in hobart [ tasmania ]

3 - what is the average temp for december & june in wellington [ new zealand ]

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hombre
I remember australia and new zeeland beeing like this: (F)

Next time NZ moves out of place I want it next to Italy, then it'll look like two wonky legs doing the ministry of silly walks.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
As someone who has lived in Australia fom my entire life, and also being fairly conversant with the use of an atlas, and geography, I feel this is kind of ludicrous.

I don't want to mock anyone for their beliefs, but I think this is just a case of either faulty memories, lack of exposure to an atlas, or not payng attention in geography class.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

I think some of them are also remembering the map upside down.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cuckooold
As someone who has lived in Australia fom my entire life, and also being fairly conversant with the use of an atlas, and geography, I feel this is kind of ludicrous.

I don't want to mock anyone for their beliefs, but I think this is just a case of either faulty memories, lack of exposure to an atlas, or not payng attention in geography class.

As above I don't intend to mock anyone in what they want to believe, I'm 27 years old from the UK studied geography in school and college. Always enjoyed looking at Australia I was fascinated by kangeroos and boomarangs since a boy .. Australia has always been just south of papa New Guinea with a smallish ocean seperating them and New Zealand was to the lower left of Australia

My person thought and by no means am I targeting anyone but the claim of Australia and New Zealand moving is just plain crazy. Do you not think pilots, captains of boats a d satellites in space would notice this
edit on 27-4-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
quote]Originally posted by Snowi
WE are now 98 members here on ATS that have different memories regarding Australia & NZ's location...Are you one of US...???

To realize that a possible Timeline shift in reality has occurred blows my mind and others. Australia in my mind has clearly relocated itself North West and in my and others memories NZ was just North East of Australia and much closer. The biggest blow to my mind was Australia and it's “NEW” location so close to Papua new Guinea. Australia “used” to be located in the middle of nowhere with huge ocean on all sides and far far away from Papua new Guinea.

How can this be explained...???
Well...I can't...!!! "

From the hip, without reading on.

... C.

Don't tell me it is now cheaper to fly out of Qld!?!

Really, this is an issue ?

I shall read on now ...

Scanned through ... and your point?

44 flags? Really, Guys?

Why? .... I win! ... Out.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Timely because: WTF ?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Aaah I can't believe I'm posting on this thread again but suppose a time shift did happen why did it only affect NZ and Aus I still think this thread is a bit of a joke. You would of thought people in Aus and NZ would notice this

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I can't believe I'm actually going to chime in on this one, but...

They're all WRONG...

C is the closest, but Australia is not sandwiched that close to PNG. It is close by, but according to that pic it is literally a stone's throw from the northern tip of Australia. The tip of Cape York (The northern most tip of Queensland is still about 150kms from PNG, and has several islands between sitting the Torres Strait.

New Zealand's northern tip is roughly level with Sydney and forms part of the Macquarie Ridge that sits right in the centre of the northern jet that feeds cold water from Antarctica up to the equator and across into the Northwest US and Canada.

As someone who has spent a lifetime looking a meteorological charts and maps, Australia or New Zealand has never moved from this position in the modern lifetime. Here is the current synoptic map for Australia. It clearly shows Australia being close to PNG but not right up against it as C shows.
Synoptic Map
Sorry guys, but no timeshifts or suddenly transiting continents here....

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join