It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Weird. I too remember seeing Australia for the most part isolated on world maps in school.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Look folks . Both sides can argue all day long until they are blue in the face . Lets all step back and look at the possible facts.

Lets just say for a second that some people have been involved in a kind of time slip . To them ( myself included), Australia is in the wrong place . Now since this is your timeline and not ours , all your maps and memories belong to this timeline and therefore are inadmissible .
Nobody is saying that Australia and New Zealand have moved ( in this timeline ), just in our timeline they were in a different position.

Now the scarey part .
If timeslips do exist , then all you none believers had better take a good look around you , because tomorrow , it could be you being ridiculed .

Lets try to keep this civil .

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
OMG, Netherlands has arrived in Northern Ireland the east and west pole has collided with Santa. please what are you talking about.

I live in Australia, and trust me the world hasn't changed that much.... in the last 5000 yr s,
and I'm qualified in 16 yr old geography...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideAwakeNow
OMG, Netherlands has arrived in Northern Ireland the east and west pole has collided with Santa. please what are you talking about.

I live in Australia, and trust me the world hasn't changed that much.... in the last 5000 yr s,
and I'm qualified in 16 yr old geography...

You obviously didn't read my post . Your maps and memories are from this timeline , so they will always be correct.
The Australia in our timeline was in a different position .

I know you are confused by this , but there is no need for mockery

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I've always remembered the tip being there. I remember drawing it in school that way.
I'm not going to say anything is going on. I will admit, I always remember it being more isolated, but maybe I was wrong. Or maybe we just had really crappy text books.

Why did you guys go the route of time shift? What if text book companies printed maps incorrectly to gas light a generation? Haha I don't really believe that either, but still I bet most people are basing their memory on elementary school text books (where they got their first and most impressed idea of it's location).

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Wow. You need help.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

Wow. You need help.

Not really . You just need a lesson in quantum mechanics

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I know quantum mechanics well, buddy. Different timelines require parallel universes. Unless you are now in an alternate universe, you are on the same time line. I suggest you study relativity. Even taking special relativistic effects into account and were on a space ship traveling at the near the speed of light and were aging slower than me, you would still be on "the same time line".

You however are just maladjusted if you believe that you're on a separate timeline yet still in the same universe and on the same planet as the rest of us. Especially when arguing about a country you've never been to. Talk about delusional.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Explain Entanglement Theory to me . ?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Look folks . Both sides can argue all day long until they are blue in the face . Lets all step back and look at the possible facts.

Lets just say for a second that some people have been involved in a kind of time slip . To them ( myself included), Australia is in the wrong place . Now since this is your timeline and not ours , all your maps and memories belong to this timeline and therefore are inadmissible .

Sorry... I thought you said facts?
Then you say "let's all pretend" (which is basically what you said) that a load of people experienced a time slip.

Let's hear the facts.

I kind of though Australia was more "detached" too but instead of thinking I've slipped into a time-slip, I just put it down to not studying the area close enough, seeing as I don't live there.

edit on 4/2/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Sorry... I thought you said facts?
Then you say "let's all pretend" (which is basically what you said) that a load of people experienced a time slip.

Let's hear the facts.

I'm pretty sure it says "possible" facts

It's ok to be afraid and it's perfectly natural to mock something that one doesn't understand
edit on 4-2-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

It's ok to be afraid and it's perfectly natural to mock something that one doesn't understand

Oooo I love the "I'm superior and I know things you don't and rather back up my argument I will ridicule you and act all knowledgeable and mighty" Technique, nicely executed

Look.... your theory is ridiculous, you're not in a time slip.

As I said, I remember Aus being more detached, but that doesn't mean I'm right and it has moved... it means that I clearly didn't look hard enough.....

Honestly, get a grip man.

I'm not afraid of the unknown and I'm happy to entertain many ideas and theories and so on....this is just one of those ridiculous arguments.

It's like God... nobody can prove it and you need faith to believe.

Your argument is "It doesn't matter what the maps say because they're from this timeline, not ours"

I mean seriously?

It's the argument of a 5 year old.
edit on 4/2/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I always am on this site though I had not joined until this post. I have always liked the google map just like looking . I can 't say with 100 % but I clearly recalled being startled that something didn't look right about Australia so much so that I thought I must have lost my mind. It makes me feel good to know that others noticed it too.
edit on 4-2-2011 by NELLYBELL because: added

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It's the argument of a 5 year old.

No a 5 year old is more open mined.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Do you want me to prove my worthiness to you? Um. Ok.

Explain entanglement to you? First of all, it's not a theory. It's been proven in multiple experiments. Just like relativity is not a theory either, it can be considered a law. But I digress, entanglement is where 2 particles in opposite spin states created in pair creation are related in their spin states. For instance, you can have entanglement with electrons that were made in "cooper pairs", or you can even have entangeled photons. The spin state of either of them are not determined until they are disturbed by their outside suroundings (or in the process of being "observed".) When you determine the spin state of one of the particles, it instantaneously determines the spin state of the other "entwined" particle. This means that information can indeed travel superluminsously (which means faster than the speed of light; i'll dumb it down for you). However, the information is not "useful information" because you cant send code through the entwined particles because you dont knwo what its gonna be ahead of time before you measure it, so it doesn't break the laws of relativity.

Happy? Do you want me to explain the double slit experiment or the related quantum delayed eraser experiment too?

Really. I know what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, just throw around big words while hanging onto your confused, skewed views of reality. Nice try.
edit on 4-2-2011 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well I WAS thinking that this thread was pretty amusing until I just showed my girlfriend the OP's pictures and she said "i'm not sure if it's D or E but it definitely isn't C"

I didn't tell her what the thread was about or give her any hints about which one was right / wrong

So..... that was strange.

My gf is American by the way and usually has a much better grasp of geography then me

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Maps that will help
Here this should help you to bring closure to this...........

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

Do you want me to prove my worthiness to you? Um. Ok.

Explain entanglement to you? First of all, it's not a theory. It's been proven in multiple experiments. Just like relativity is not a theory either, it can be considered a law. But I digress, entanglement is where 2 particles in opposite spin states created in pair creation are related in their spin states. For instance, you can have entanglement with electrons that were made in "cooper pairs", or you can even have entangeled photons. The spin state of either of them are not determined until they are disturbed by their outside suroundings (or in the process of being "observed".) When you determine the spin state of one of the particles, it instantaneously determines the spin state of the other "entwined" particle. This means that information can indeed travel superluminsously (which means faster than the speed of light; i'll dumb it down for you). However, the information is not "useful information" because you cant send code through the entwined particles because you dont knwo what its gonna be ahead of time before you measure it, so it doesn't break the laws of relativity.

Happy? Do you want me to explain the double slit experiment or the related quantum delayed eraser experiment too?

Really. I know what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, just throw around big words while hanging onto your confused, skewed views of reality. Nice try.
edit on 4-2-2011 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

You don't need to send code to Entangled particles , because both are programmed the same way .

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well yes I suppose, I shouldn't insult 5 year olds

So Chad, being an Aussie.... what's your take on all this

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I had to see if I had posted my thoughts in here already...I had!

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I only have a short video to share, there is ignorance and stupidity, like we see in the video.

Then there is this thread and the others like it.

Are people that deluded that instead of admitting that they a wrong or are just purely ignorant, they concoct some theory about a "timeline shift"?

Opinion stays the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join