It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Arizona is a war zone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Funny. These are the same ranchers that hire illegals en masse.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sounds like it's time to call up and form a militia. They are foreign nationals crossing our borders. It is an invasion of the country and it must be stopped. Not in a year, five, or ten years. NOW!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by js331975
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Technically they would not be policing but rather keeping things from outside our boarders from entering. Otherwise known as keeping invaders from invading.

Hear Hear! That is what I keep on saying, is is not immigration, it is INVASION! What is wrong with our government here? Oh yea, they are too busy fighting Al-Qaeda, or some other made up terrorist organization, and lining there pockets with Afgan drug profits and Wall Street kick backs to worry about such a little thing as our southern border...after all these illegals will vote Democrat, and save their million dollar seats in office! I ask you all to think real hard about this when November comes, and it's time for elections. Take a good hard look at the "domestic terrorists" the Tea Party, and forget what the MSM say about them. Vote these new world order minions out of office, and you will have my admiration for the rest of my life.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well . . . I live in S. AZ and I can tell you that most of the article is exaggerated, blown out of proportion, etc. for political purposes. The Republic, which is the paper that runs the site linked, is not know for "straight shootin'" and often run stories that border on mainly opinion. The reason for this article coincides with the govenor signing a bill that given clearance to police/sheriff officers to ask for passports, if the suspect a certain law breaker may be here illegally. Right now, that's a no-no . . . officers can simply ask for "drivers license" or state I.D.

This has prompted the Hispanic community to protest, en masse. Lot's of political mudslinging and outright lying about this bill on both sides . . . The AZCentral article is simply the advocates of the bill running media stories to show the importance of "cracking down" on the illegal problem. While there may be incidents here or there . . . there is no "War Zone" and anyone who lives here can attest to that.

This immigration problem is simply a beauracratic tool, used by both sides, to get money for their programs and partners . . . The media outlets and politicians here don't care to solve the problem, they simply pander to whatever side supports ($$$) them.

poppycock!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
we have a hostile invasion going on
and Washington does nothing
and Obama is on vacation
at the Biltmore.

ALL great empires fall from within,
unfortunately America will be no different.

Tell me again why we
pay Fed taxes???

[edit on 25-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Unfortunate, as it may be, I do not see the Government doing anything to remedy the boarder problem until there is a major event between Mexico and the USSA.

The government agencies stand to make a tidy income off of the system, should they actively enforce it. Even the new Arizona law is only a minor band-aid to a gushing arterial bleed.

The governments local and federal make a tidy income on prosecuting those of us who are caught with drugs.

So if you think about it, the border issues are not going to be fixed because the money they make off of such a situation is more beneficial then it would be if we made our borders and border policies stricter.

Gotta love a corrupt government.. I sure don't. and voting doesn't fix it either.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Arizona is in the headlines this week but its in all four border states... Southern Calif is tops in home invasion, here in New Mexico you don't dare leave a car unlocked or it be gone in 60 seconds... this time last year the found the bodies of 13 murdered girls out on the west side of town... the working theory is there were forced to be drug mules then killed to keep their silence...Right now over in Texas the local police in El Paso have been told there is a bounty on them, dead.
speaking of bounties last week I posted a story of a cartel posting a $250,000 bounty on border patrol agents...

no its not just Arizona, its everywhere and been getting worse over the past decade

This is exactly why every Citizen of the southern border states should be armed. I wiould like to go down there and be a security gaurd for a rancher for little to no pay as long as I have a place to sleep and some food to eat. I would ride horseback the whole of his property with an automatic weapon and fully armed otherwise. No problem.

When people understand it is TPTB that have created this situation by starving Mexico of everything, FORCING the people to go elsewhere or to take up crime to survive, then we will start to work on a solution, like get rid of the politicians and those alphabet agencies that have caused this over the years. Namely the CIA!!!!!! JFK was right.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Then how does the Coast Guard do it?.

Because the CG was never DoD

The modern Coast Guard can be said to date to 1915, when the Revenue Cutter Service merged with the United States Life-Saving Service and Congress formalized the existence of the new organization. In 1939, the U.S. Lighthouse Service was brought under its purview. In 1942, the Bureau of Marine Inspection and Navigation was transferred to the Coast Guard. In 1967, the Coast Guard moved from the Department of the Treasury to the newly formed Department of Transportation, an arrangement that lasted until it was placed under the Department of Homeland Security in 2002

Wiki

I don't see the need for a new agency , With The BP , ICE & CG already operating under the Homeland Security Umbrella , It wouldn't do anything but cost us more money with the duplication of services.

In my opinion we simply need more manpower on the Border Patrol , and maybe a Joint Inter-Agency Task force within each state comprised of agents from the Border Patrol and officers from state , county and local municipalities. This is the same way we fight gangs and narcotics now , with joint task forces..... OR we can go wild west and just let every one and their mother open carry.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have just recently become unemployed in the state of California. Applied for my unemployment insurance and received a reply from unemployment asking for proof of my identity. They claimed my SSN was already in use by another. It appeares I have become an individual with their identitidy stolen by an illegal alien. Needles to say, I sent them the proof they requested to prove who I was. Yesterday I received my first unemployment check with a note stating there were unable to track down the person who stole my identidity. Do you really want these people living amongst you.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Then how does the Coast Guard do it? This would simply be the USCG and the USBP merged into one. All they would need is an act of Congress exempting them from Posse Comiatus as was done for the US Coast Guard back in 1877 (when it was still called the US Revenue Cutter Service).

[edit on 25-4-2010 by ChrisF231]

From my understanding the Posse Commitatus Act only applies to the US Army and Air Force.

The US Navy and Marines are exempt, but a DOD regulation prevents them from being used.

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

www.law.cornell.edu...

In order to repeal the DOD regulation, all the President has to do is tell the DOD to eliminate the regulation.

The same applies for any new branch of service. The Air Force was added to the law in 1956, but theoretically any new branch would be exempt unless added to the law.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The border is not the real problem. The problem is that Mexico is messed up. If the Mexican government can't handle the cartels, we should just send in the US military to deal with the cartels in Mexico.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
THe US Coast Guard falls under the Department of Transportation and not under the Department of Defense per se.

The US Coast Guard actually has more power and autority within this country than most peoples know...interstate, intra state and on the coast line.

The US Coast Guard also works with many other nations to teach thier peoples how to handle their commerce problems across a wide spectrum of operations.

The US Coast Guard does work closely with other federal and state agencies but are not directly under the DOD as are the military.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Actually , the CG is under Homeland Security.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The USCG falls under the DOD in wartime and the DHS in peace. Much like how the French Gendarmerie Nationale falls under the Interior Department in peacetime but under the Defence Department in wartime. Both have military status and law enforcement status.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I live in southern arizona, sierra vista to be exact. Nothing is different here.

I find it a bit suspicious that all this is happening over one dead farmer down by the border. I dont think a random mexican would just go kill somebody. I think it was set up by the AZ gubberment to pass this bill. Simply of which I dont care about because its going to open up more jobs which im currently looking for.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crontab
we should just send in the US military to deal with the cartels in Mexico.

It's very easy to say that if you don't have any immediate family members in the military, or if you're not under contract yourself. We are currently fighting 2 wars that we have no business being in. My sentiment is the opposite , let's bring our troops back home , seal up the borders and become fortress America. We've got a plethora of combat vets now , deploy them to the borders , where they'd be doing the border communities some good. We're not the world police , we've got our own problems. Once we get our own Sugar Honey Iced Tea together , then we can worry about others problems.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There is no reason our borders cannot be secured, except that the PTB
want it that way.

We have enormous military resources, (I am not advocating circumventing
Posse Comitatus--though I suspect that the PTB will initiate a plan to do
just that, and may in fact be conspiring and allowing this mess
to fester for exactly that purpose), that are being wasted in the Middle East
to do nothing more than secure a pipeline across Afghanistan to make the
fat cats FATTER. If we used a tenth of the money wasted on this war to
hire more Border Agents, train and arm them with weapons and technology,
this would not be an issue.

That is why I conspiratorially believe it is part of "The Plan".

Deparment of Homeland Security is a misnomer.

Should be Department of Squelching of Patriotic Domestic Uprising.

bleh~~~

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Back about 4 years ago, while this problem was getting incrementally worse, I was G7'd down south to look at developing a high resolution lethal electrified fencing system for the US/Mexican border. It would have had all the bells and whistles of course, including capacitive signature analysis and buried acoustic sensors and other toys, so that we could tell velocity, distances, approach paths and know where to pick up the carcasses of, what do the politically correct call them these days? insurgents?

Homeland Security and the US Federal Government dropped the ball, that was in 2006. If you think they are going to do anything now in a worse economy, while they're all "packing," I believe you're dreaming. Have you seen the trends, CEO's, politicians and celebrities (like Oprah the cow is gonna breed) are getting ready to hunker down it appears.

I know a lot of people think that killing insurgents, terrorist or what have you, may be a little coarse. We call it rude, but still necessary and if you have never come up against a terrorist/insurgent on a border that's armed with an AK or some flavour of the month "on sale" automatic or had a friend or relative die at the hands of/or because of, one of these monsters, I really can't see how you have an opinion.

Sometimes, evil must be fought with greater evil (but at least we have leashes). The dogs of war are well trained and we are many. Demand what you need from your elected representatives and force them to uphold the law. One thing you might recall from the Iraq/Afghani conflicts is that now mercenary armies are legal (Xe) so what is to stop the border states from acquiring their own mercs and security engineers? Seems like a free for all during a free fall to me.

But what do I know....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The USCG falls under the DOD in wartime and the DHS in peace. Much like how the French Gendarmerie Nationale falls under the Interior Department in peacetime but under the Defence Department in wartime. Both have military status and law enforcement status.

The likley result of all of this will be our own Gendarmerie Nationale.

Possibly the same as the Stability Police Force called for by the Rand Corp, to be formed out of the US Marshalls.

[edit on 25/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join