It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Arizona is a war zone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The fact that an American city is second only to Mexico City for kidnapping and our federal government seems okay with this is absolutely appalling!

The fact that the southern border states have for decades asked the federal government to help them or to do something about the invasion of illegal immigrants over our southern border, and that federal government has done very little in the way of quelling this problem in inexcusable! Yes, I said invasion. Call it what it is.

The fact that Arizona has allowed Phoenix to get the number two slot and allows the feds to keep their hands tied in dealing with this problem themselves, is also inexcusable.

I have a feeling that if the people of Arizona and the other border states want this problem fixed they are going to have to do it themselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Lets turn the table, put 10 million dollar (whatever amount) bounties on the heads of the Mexican Cartel. Then let the bounty hunters and ex-military of the word go after them dead or alive.

Also we need to put some highly trained ex-military on the border, like Marine Snipers to take out any Drug Cartel, Mexican Military or Police that like breaking our laws by coming over the border illegally to traffic people and drugs.

Sorry to say but only the Military can handle this border mess, they are the only ones equipped for combat which is exactly what this is...WAR.

The cartels, Mex police etc...would never know what hit them.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It is the federal governments job to protect our borders, and the failure of the federal government on this issue is appalling.

What is less evident is that it seems our federal government is quietly approving of the emergence of the new style of slavery being created by the huge influx of illegal workers.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

To me, this is the saddest irony of all, Cygnis. These folks are running from their corrupt system that is starving the life out of them (& pretty much always has), right into the exact same thing. Fire into the frying pan, only to end up in the fire again, eventually.

We should be looking hard at Mexico. We will BE them sooner than we think. (But having the illegals come here only hastens our demise and hinders us (by distraction) from doing much about it)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Very good point, Rival.
(You are no rival of mine)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well legal Mexicans have lost their equal treatment from Arizona.

Maybe the illegal immigrants are the problem with this country?

This new law will solve it all.

We will get the jobs we always wanted and we will be happy.

We will invest are money into Iraq and Afghanistan.

We will bailout rich white people.Screw the poor Americans.

The people who wrote this law have illegal immigrants maintaining thier yard and kids well they go hate on them for their crumbling economy.

This law will not change anything.

If the border can be breached easily what the hell is the point. Backwards,
racist, stupid, people. It is pathetic who controls the people. Only ignorant, racist people believe in this law.

The Mexicans now have a bad rap accross the Nation cause the media will only show illegal immigrants over & over to manipulate the stupid populce.

I think this is really bringing racial tension between Americans. I is sad when someone thinks they have right to ask someone else if they are legal.

My solution is to invest in our country alot. All the money put into the fake war & bailing out rich white people is more disgusting then people wanting to work for a living. We are not superior to anyone we are being decieved by people.

I wonder who employs all these illegal immigrants? What people pays these illegal immigrants? Americans do. Why isn't their people closing down their businesses? This who thing is twisted. The law is racist and should have the mayor fired with the people who work for her. Screw that mayor she is racist. That is not a weak arguement either cause I can keep going. Reply to that!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohoooo
My solution is to invest in our country alot. All the money put into the fake war & bailing out rich white people is more disgusting then people wanting to work for a living. We are not superior to anyone we are being decieved by people.

I wonder who employs all these illegal immigrants? What people pays these illegal immigrants? Americans do. Why isn't their people closing down their businesses? This who thing is twisted. The law is racist and should have the mayor fired with the people who work for her. Screw that mayor she is racist. That is not a weak arguement either cause I can keep going. Reply to that!

If you mean invest in America, yes.

The Arizona law seems more about intimidation than a realistic solution. Countries have borders and laws. The law says if you want to come in and stay you have to do it the right way. So sealing the borders so that one has to use the right way, according to law, should be the priority. Fix the cause, not the symptom. BTW, the US is already heavily invested in Mexico, problem is Mexico is more blatantly corrupt than the US.

The other problem of course is that since the CIA (and US Government) has made business partners of the Drug Cartel, it's kind of hard to kill off your business partners and still make a profit (unless you're Goldman Sachs).

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 4/25.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Posse Comiatus law in no way stops the military from defending the US border as long as they do not get into acting as law enforcement.

I now see why the state if AZ is allowing people to Carry concealed weapon without having to get a CCW permit.

I am expecting to see a large drop in crimes in AZ within the next year.

I also expect New Mexico and Texas to drop the need for a CCW within a year or two if crime drops in AZ like i expect it to.

That will drive the illegal criminals to cross in Calif and the stupid liberals here will never change the CCW laws no mater how many people get killed by criminal illegals.
The stupid liberals in Calif will likely pass more laws to disarm law abiding people in Calif in response to illegal criminals and make the problem worse.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
the cnn story mentions a 13 year old girl who was kidnapped and held for ransom. When they called her mom to demand money, a police offer got on the line and told them they had the wrong person. So what did they do? They let her go..

It's probably going to take one of these grizzly torture/kidnapping stories to end badly for a truly innocent American (one not involved in drugs/smuggling) before we derive the political will to act on this.

I'm pretty sure those drug smugglers let the little girl go because everybody knows you don't # with American civilians. We're like Romans.. You just can't get away with touching us for too long, lest a # storm rain down on you; not even the cartels want to deal with that.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i always just kind of knew that going to Arizona, or anywhere in the southwestern united states was a mistake for anyone to make. this just confirms my suspiscions.
arizona = no.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

I have wondered about this for a long time. We have an unraveling country on our doorstep yet Washington and the MSM focus on the other side of the planet. We hear more about the problems between the Israelis and the Palestinians than we do about a legitimate threat to our security next door.

Every time it does come up, the narrative shifts focus to how unfair our immigration policies are (what this has to do with criminal activities I am not sure) or "compared to the Mexican side of the border", it's really not too bad here. How separated from reality is this? Whom ever writes that nonsense has never lived on the border.

I feel for the folks in Mexico. They are in a world of hurt. Corrupt politicians, dirty money controls everything, ineffective use of their military...

...wait a minute, that's us.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by ABNARTY]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
These mexican cartel slime need to be dealt with a swift and brutal blow, If it were up to me I wouldnt show them any mercy or remorse my heart turns cold to these sub humans. They dont deserve a fair trial unless proven otherwise;the only justice for them is death. For people to commit to such deplorable acts deserve this much.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Stared & Flagged

New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson has now ordered the NM National Guard to patrol the NM border March 31st of this year. I do agree with the ranchers, Democrats or Republicans. I don’t care as long as the border is protected. Even better now with National Guard troops.

NM Governor sends National Guard to Border

This was more in fact to the rancher that was killed Arizona. Our governor also stepped up the funding for more National Guard troops this year because of this incident. Arizona needs to do the same in addition to their currently passed laws. Our U.S. Government has dropped the ball big time on protecting our boarders. I’m glad our Governor has taken more action. The people in New Mexico as well as Arizona, Texas, have had all they can take of Illegal’s from Mexico. States in our southwest cities are looking like that of cities in Mexico, I see it everyday. The murder rates have climbed as well. As one poster daddybear said there were some serial killings in Albuquerque, NM in addition to that a number of people were gunned down with automatic weapons at a Dennys’ restaurant in Albuquerque. To me this is an out -right armed invasion. I don’t care how any advocate looks at it. I suggest they attend the funerals to see the end results of this invasion. It has come to the point where I’m thinking holstering my firearm in plain site when working in my yard. It’s getting scary, It really is. Don’t let the media fool you there is a lot more going on than what is being reported.

Arizona, Get your national guard on the border! A show of force and action is the only way now

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Mexico let the cartels take over. Now Mexico gets mad when the US wants to fight back? Fight is not even the right term. Prevent is a better word for it. If the US does not control the border then what will it take? Dirty bomb, nuke, chemical? Lets not be naive, if you can walk across the border with your family, then you can do it with a duffel bag full of problems.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

The "road to hell is being paved with good intentions".

A lot of people think that they're doing the Mexicans a favor by ignoring immigration status, when that is the furthest thing from the truth.

Open Borders are a safety valve to prevent revolution from overthrowing the corrupt Mexican Government and replacing it with an organic grass roots government for the people.

Ask.... who is behind the push for open borders....La Raza ....getting warm....follow the money... ----> Rockefeller & Ford Foundations.

Just speculation.... but I'd bet a dollar that these same corporations have major stakes in Mexico. Another speculation....They probably own the corrupt politicians in Mexico, like they do in America.

Who is responsible for the situation in Mexico.....really. The Mexican People, just like the American people are responsible for allowing the corruption to take over our system.

Running from the problems don't fix them only compound them. They come here to escape despotism. But instead they're overwhelming our system and keeping their own people enslaved.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It seems that America has swallowed Kosovo.
You think it's different? It is not!
But don't ask Christiane Amanpour or Bil Clinton to explain it to you.
And, beware of using excessive force, NATO may shock and awe you...

The apparent "negligence" of the problem is a - policy! Don't be naive, things are not going well for Americans in those southern states.

Expect a wave of refugees. It may get worse than Katrina aftermath.

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

This is insane. All I can really say at this time is the people living there really need to arm up and be ready for anything. Continue living your life but get proficient with a weapon and carry it at all times. They can carry concealed now without a permit there's no reason not to. Don't let assholes run you out of your own home. Don't think for a second if the situation were reversed that the Mexicans wouldn't be shooting us. Law Enforcement/The Military can't be everywhere at once. If they are unable or unwilling to protect you from this madness then you need to be ready to do it yourself. This isn't a game.

This makes me think of the old days where people were under constant threat of Indian attacks...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Raverous]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Well, the problem is that this is what the adminstration wants. It is another perfect excuse to claim that because good Americans are armed, that the drug cartels get all their weapons...even though the drug cartels use freaking fully automatic weapons, and most Americans don't have any fully automatic weapons.....

They tried to use this as an excuse to go after our legal firearms, and they will continue using this as an excuse to disarm us...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

We will bailout rich white people...

I am a White person, does that make me rich in your eyes? That was one of the most hate filled comments I've read on this thread. The rest of your comment reeks of pity that is racially profiled.

Get a clue, if you are an American, We're not talking about j00

now... if you are Mexican, yes, we are talking about YOU... and furthermore, if you're in My country illegally you better think about going back home, real soon too, because I'll just give ya one clue...

and mind you, it's pretty self explanatory.

There is a movement building steam inside of American Unions where it wouldn't be no thing to a bunch of good ol' boys to leave L.A. or Houston on a Friday, and go on a safari hunting Long Pig along American borders.

You see... in America, if you are illegal, you don't exist, that is, to many RoughNeck types. Consider this a warning from a man who knows, as I'm a Union Member, and hear about these trips.

There's alot of dirt out there, and America builds a damn fine shovel.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

I also expect New Mexico and Texas to drop the need for a CCW within a year or two if crime drops in AZ like i expect it to.

Not gonna happen here in New Mexico...
The Utah CCW permits are not valid here because of lack of livefire...
Our little state doesn't really care if you carry...
what they want is you to have the proper training first and I don't mean book theory. Our CCW requires time at the range to put what you learn into practical app. Your more a danger to yourself if you don't know how to properly use a weapon...

Don't get me wrong I'm all for CCW but with training... I like our current system....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join