It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof gay people are second class citizens.....my experience with the police tonight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I really don't have a problem with cops.....until recently.

What happened: I was in the bar with a couple of friends when a guy bumps my one friend. My friend said "whatch it"....or something to that effect. The guy pulled a knife on my friend. The guy gets thrown out of the bar. He waits for my friend around the corner and pulls a bigger knife on him when we all exit. There are 6 of us so 2 of us run after the guy and call the cops as we are following him.

As we are on the phone with the cops for 15 minutes (the guy ran away by this point) another squad car pulls up right across the street at 7/11. 3 cops exit the car and go into 7/11 and come out with guess what......coffee and donuts. Meanwhile the guy who pulled a knife on us is running away and we are on the phone with cops telling them we are looking at this squad car.

I really have NO respect for cops anymore. What good are they for?

As for my thread title. Let's just say we were in a gay neighborhood. Frack the police.

I should also mention that this guy has been thrown out of this same bar before and the bartenders are aware of his anti-gay stance but can't do anything about it.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It's like that everywhere now days. Not just "gay areas".

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Winnuting]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winnuting
It's like that everywhere now days. Not just "gay areas".

So what good are the police for? To give us tickets for speeding? That's about all they do other than eat donuts and drink coffee.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Buff up your vigilante justice

Yep, it's not cause your gay, every group thinks it's them being singled out, it's not.

I'm a white male, I've been "made an example out of" by the police in a 'conspiracy' really. I still haven't seen anyone or heard or read any stories of people getting so #ed over by the police as in my case for what happened.

Cops, you got the good, and the lazy.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Could it have anything to do with the fact that you were at a bar, where alcohol makes people do crazy things to begin with?

I think you are anti cop, and you expect them to protect you, when you put yourself in the position of dealing with crazy drunk people.

Here is a clue for you, if you don't like the way people act in bars while consuming alcohol, then, stay away from them.

Let the police eat their donuts, while you keep yourself out of compromising positions.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Could it have anything to do with the fact that you were at a bar, where alcohol makes people do crazy things to begin with?

Ah, so because we were in a bar it makes it ok for a cop to ignore a plea for help?

I think you are anti cop, and you expect them to protect you, when you put yourself in the position of dealing with crazy drunk people.

We did not put ourselves in the position of crazy drunk people. If we can not go to an establishment without being accosted, then that says something about the establishment not me.

BTW, I live a block away from this bar and frequent there often. That is why the other guy got thrown out (because we are regulars).

Here is a clue for you, if you don't like the way people act in bars while consuming alcohol, then, stay away from them.

So, we should just let people get drunk and pull knives on people, because it's your own fault for being there in the first place? I bet you are one of the people who believe females get raped because they "invite it" too huh?

Let the police eat their donuts, while you keep yourself out of compromising positions.

Then what the hell good are the police for?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Does this type of situation happen a lot at this bar?

First of all, if this situation was so bad, why are you whining about it on ATS? Did you call the police station, and file a complaint with the watch commander or sargeant?

You want to cry bias, but sit here and complain about how you were treated wrong, but WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ABOUT IT?

Get off of the sypathy boat, and get some reality. If you don't like the situation, you should have gone straight away to the local precinct.

No, instead you are whining on ATS!!!!!!!!!!

Gawwwwwwwwwww, what the heck do you expect?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
hey, now.....donut shop patrons have rights, too!
color, not play by play anouncer

[edit on 23-4-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The police have a hard job, and like all professions it contains ethical and honest humans and their opposites.
An honest cop ,would be an honest judge ,an honest accountant , a dutiful cop would be dutiful in any position.
The problem is those who get into the Police force sometimes have no value systems, justa s some accountants,lawyers, taxi drivers havent, but many have , so you may encounter the lazy totally uninterested cop now and again and indeed it may become the norm, but that is the fault of those who set the bar level surely?
Donuts and cofee are a staple of ploice diets as they are for taxi drivers truck drivers, courier drivers....it is hard to find a decent palce to eat quickly when you work on the roads and highways.
You are just seeing them munching on their meal breaks, they are entitled to these.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

There's no reason for you to dislike all cops. There are way more bad people out there then there are cops to prevent them all from doing bad things. Consider yourself lucky that none of your friends were actually stabbed this evening. How did one person outrun all six of your friends? You folks must have been too drunk or too out of shape to beat the crap out of the person who pulled the knife. There's also no need to stereotype by saying all cops only care about coffee and donuts. That's just as bad as saying that all gay people will die of aids........how would you feel?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'd also like to add, that I am a female, who has been raped, so go stuff yourself on that theory, and derogatory remark.

Could it be the way your call was placed to the police that led them to believe there was no dire need for their immediate attention?

Like I said, YOU must have no urgency to resolve the matter you encountered. Instead of going to the police and making a proper issue of the situation, you are on ATS, whining.

Go do the right thing, if you aren't too drunk to do so, then come back and let us know what happend. Until then, you are just a drama queen.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Does this type of situation happen a lot at this bar?

Not at all.

First of all, if this situation was so bad, why are you whining about it on ATS?

Because it is 12:24 am here and I don't feel like going to the police station right now.

Did you call the police station, and file a complaint with the watch commander or sargeant?

All 6 are doing it in the morning.

You want to cry bias, but sit here and complain about how you were treated wrong, but WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ABOUT IT?

Don't give me this BS. I have been beat up so many many times for being gay I can't even count it anymore. And I'm pretty masculine and muscular.

BTW, the actor who played Kumar in "Harold and Kumar" was just robbed at gun point a block away from where I am talking about last week.

Still no police help when needed. Instead they are busy stuffing their piggy little faces.

Get off of the sypathy boat, and get some reality. If you don't like the situation, you should have gone straight away to the local precinct.

And what good would that do? Ever been to your local precinct? File a report....yippie...doodillie squat.

No, instead you are whining on ATS!!!!!!!!!!

No. I posted on ATS about my experience with lazy ass cops. YOU are the one who has now posted 2 replies. Like everything else, you could have just walked away. But yet you decided to speak? Why?

Gawwwwwwwwwww, what the heck do you expect?

So, this is what it comes to? We should just expect disrespect, lazyness, etc. etc. from the police force? Am I getting that right?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I realize your not finding the compassion you thought you might on ATS right now. Don't get discouraged!

I think most people are waking up to the FACT that the call for help is not an ethnic, racial or gender issue. But it is being un-answered for all citizens equally right now. We must learn to gather and support ourselves in times like these.

Did I say that right????

It's 5 oclock somewhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

All 6 are doing it in the morning.

That explains it all. And you wonder........................

edit to fix quote

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe
There's no reason for you to dislike all cops.

More and more it's getting harder and harder to not do.

On a side note: I have lots of family who are cops. I DO NOT hate all cops. Just the ones who act like this or the ones who let those who do get away with it.

How did one person outrun all six of your friends? You folks must have been too drunk or too out of shape to beat the crap out of the person who pulled the knife.

He ran down a dark alley and we didn't want to follow him.

There's also no need to stereotype by saying all cops only care about coffee and donuts. That's just as bad as saying that all gay people will die of aids........how would you feel?

Touche.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
I think most people are waking up to the FACT that the call for help is not an ethnic, racial or gender issue. But it is being un-answered for all citizens equally right now. We must learn to gather and support ourselves in times like these.

I see your point and will take it as the constructive criticism it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I should also mention that this guy has been thrown out of this same bar before and the bartenders are aware of his anti-gay stance but can't do anything about it.

Nutter, why can't they? Bars ban patrons all the time. It's private property.

Time to find a different bar I guess.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

That explains it all. And you wonder........................

Wonder what? That it is pointless to report the crime tonight when the perp has already gotten away when the cops were right across the street and didn't do anything?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Nutter, why can't they?

Want the truth? He's black. There I said it.

BTW, I'm not a rascist, my friend who he started with is mexican and I have many black friends who were also there tonight.

Bars ban patrons all the time. It's private property.

He's on camera tonight so now he will definately go to jail if he returns. Before he really didn't do anything to get banned but just make anti-gay remarks.

Time to find a different bar I guess.

No. It's time for cops who are right across the street to start doing their jobs.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Wonder what? That it is pointless to report the crime tonight when the perp has already gotten away when the cops were right across the street and didn't do anything?

Yeah, and it would make no matter that you did something about it in a timely fashion, versus the lazy cop.

There is far more to your story than you are admitting to. Like what condition you and your 6 mates might be in to make an appearance, for instance?

Reporting a crime is pointless? Until the time you are ready to go do it?

Oh yes, let's get on ATS first.

While we all love ATS, WHAT are you looking for here, instead of at the police department?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join