It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof gay people are second class citizens.....my experience with the police tonight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by Nutter

Let the police eat their donuts, while you keep yourself out of compromising positions.

lol

this world is really f'd up, thats why i wouldn't depend on police
and not only that, there is a lot of corruption as well.

also OP i don't think you should be making this a gay thing either.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Yeah, and it would make no matter that you did something about it in a timely fashion, versus the lazy cop.

Um. We already called the cops hun. What more do you want us to do tonight? March up to the police station? Then we'd be the "drama queens" marching up to the police station. Give me a break.

There is far more to your story than you are admitting to. Like what condition you and your 6 mates might be in to make an appearance, for instance?

Since when is drinking a few beers on a Friday night against the law?

We did nothing wrong. It's all on camera.

Reporting a crime is pointless? Until the time you are ready to go do it?

Yes, since when we DID report the crime, the cops ignored the plea.

Oh yes, let's get on ATS first.

You think ATS is the first place I went to? Try the actual cops who were too busy eating their donuts to care.

While we all love ATS, WHAT are you looking for here, instead of at the police department?

Hummmm....I don't know. Discussion about cops, lazyness, ignorance, biggotry, etc. etc.

What are YOU doing on ATS?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by togetherwestand

I'm not so sure. If I was a black, jew, muslim, etc. etc. who a certain set of police ignored would I be wrong in calling biggotry?

Then why is it when it's a gay thing it's "you're whining", "stop whining"? Walk a day in our shoes and see what life is really like.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If you're going to walk around D.C., it's best to be in a group at all times. It's a shame our nation's capital is so dangerous.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I'd also like to add, that I am a female, who has been raped.

I do want to say. My condolenses and I hope I did not offend you with my remarks.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Um. We already called the cops hun. What more do you want us to do tonight? March up to the police station? Then we'd be the "drama queens" marching up to the police station. Give me a break.

Yes, make a drama out of it. Do you think they will be more responsive in the morning? They guy who assalted your friend may even be back in the bar. You are taking no action. You can't even dare to complain here, about something that happened tonight, if you let it go until tomorrow.

Since when is drinking a few beers on a Friday night against the law?

Well then there ya go. Only a few beers should not prevent you from going to the precinct and getting a hold of the guy in charge of the lazy cop on duty. Unless you feel he should not be able to present his side of the story when they call him in for you to confront.

We did nothing wrong. It's all on camera.

Nobody ever said you did anything wrong, except maybe emulating the police you are complaining about.

Yes, since when we DID report the crime, the cops ignored the plea.

Well then, there should at least be a sim card on file, or on the person of the copper who was called out.

You think ATS is the first place I went to? Try the actual cops who were too busy eating their donuts to care.

Where is this police station located? I want to call them myself. Surely you wouldn't mind anybody else calling to find out if there was an assault reported at a bar now, would you?

Hummmm....I don't know. Discussion about cops, lazyness, ignorance, biggotry, etc. etc.

Ok, how about this? I don't believe a word you typed here tonight, since all you want is to sucker a reaction from people, while you wait on this horrible assault to seek justice in the morning. Think about it. Do you even believe yourself?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by togetherwestand

I'm not so sure. If I was a black, jew, muslim, etc. etc. who a certain set of police ignored would I be wrong in calling biggotry?

Then why is it when it's a gay thing it's "you're whining", "stop whining"? Walk a day in our shoes and see what life is really like.

oh my mistake, i was confused
from the post i thought the cops were gay..lol

if its a prejudice then you can file complaint (but i dont think the system would do anything about it) best to just stay strong on your own

rephrased: it sounded like you were complaining about gay cops who wouldn't help you, and i assumed from your description you were not gay. sorry about that

also thread title i now understand was saying that gays are being treated as 2nd class , i misread that as gay people are 2nd class, like if your were dissing them.

wow lol confusion

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

BTW, I live a block away from this bar and frequent there often.That is why the other guy got thrown out (because we are regulars).

^ ^ you are not making any sense.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I do want to say. My condolenses and I hope I did not offend you with my remarks.

And mine to you. I only hope that what you have said is true, and that you will make an issue out of this outside of ATS, for the next guy who might be in the same situation! It's easier to type than take real action. Put your words to good use, my friend.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Ok, how about this? I don't believe a word you typed here tonight, since all you want is to sucker a reaction from people, while you wait on this horrible assault to seek justice in the morning. Think about it. Do you even believe yourself?

The gay and lesbian liasion unit isn't open until tomorrow. Get it now?

We tried the "regular" cops. They were too busy eating their donuts to care.

As far as believing me. I care not what you believe. Believe me.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

No worries.

Also, I really don't mean to sound like I'm bashing all cops. My OP may have sounded a bit harsh.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I should also mention that this guy has been thrown out of this same bar before and the bartenders are aware of his anti-gay stance but can't do anything about it.

Tell the bartender to either get rid of the guy or you will go patron another bar. You also might want to file a complaint about the police. Also get a concealed weapon like a .44 or something. Next time the guy hassles you just show him the business end of that bad boy. Option b is to hope the government does something about this, and since the government probably isn't looking out for you you should try option a.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

And mine to you. I only hope that what you have said is true, and that you will make an issue out of this outside of ATS, for the next guy who might be in the same situation! It's easier to type than take real action. Put your words to good use, my friend.

Thank you for your kind words.

I am actually the next guy this happens to. I was attacked last August by who I believe are the same two guys who attacked "Kumar". Small world. And yes I reported it to the police (that night LOL).

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

This is the first time he's actually tried anything before.

I have thought about packing heat. But, the sad part is I'd probably end up killing someone. It's that bad here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Question....

Did you tell the cops you were chasing the guy down the street? If you did then I could understand why the cops went into the store and got coffee and doughnuts. You had the situation handled.

Also a gay and lesbian division at the police station and the "regular" cops wouldn't handle your situation? That sounds like discrimination to me. There really isn't any reason for there to be a separate division to handle alternate lifestyles.

Now, if other gay people have fought for this division to be implemented in the police station then you are pretty much a victim of gays wanting to be treated differently. Not you per say, but others.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think it is more so laziness than discrimination. If I call the cops here in the south and tell them, "Someone is breaking into my house!" They will take their time getting here. 15-20 minutes.

If I call and tell them, "Some fool is trying to break into my house and I'm about to put a few bullet holes in him if someone doesn't come get him." I get an officer in less than 5 minutes. If I use a very heavy southern accent several police vehicles will show up.

Honestly I think a lot of cops are discouraged due to loopholes in existing laws. A great deal of the people arrested are quickly released and back to their old habits quickly. Essentially they risk their lives sometimes apprehending a criminal while getting sub-par pay and he he is bailed out in a few days committing crime again. It may be why the angry cop scenario surfaces.

I would not go back to a bar that continually had problems with troublemakers showing up. The owner should have called the police anyway and had the man removed.

Second class status revolves more so around work related problems and benefits from the perspecive I've seen even in the "Bible Belt".

[edit on 24/4/10 by toochaos4u]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Ok, 2 quick questions dude.

1) If there were 6 of you, and only him, and he pulled the knife, why not just drop him on the spot??? The numbers are in your favour, and apparently this was all on camera, so you can claim self defence if it goes to court.

AND

2) Why not make a citizen arrest, and take him down the station yourself?? There are existing laws in place, and yes, I know he had a weapon, but surely you and your 5 mates could have taken him down, yeah???

Don't take this the wrong way dude, but it just sounds like you are a bit lazy yourself. You are going to wait til the morning to sort things out. You don't want to walk to the station tonight. And either did your friends.

Hypocrisy much????

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that happened to you and your friends...

But really, you think this is because you are gay? I don't see how you could have arrived at that conclusion. Just sounds like slack cops that were really hungry and forgot they were on duty - and what their priorities were.

As for my thread title. Let's just say we were in a gay neighborhood. Frack the police.

I should also mention that this guy has been thrown out of this same bar before and the bartenders are aware of his anti-gay stance but can't do anything about it.

What do you mean by gay neighbourhood? As in a lot of gay people live in the area, or did this take place at a gay pub?

Why is this guy hanging around in gay neighbourhoods if he is anti-gay?

Why don't you speak to management at the bar and tell them about your predicament? Most sane people would not be comfortable allowing a serial knife wielder into the pub they run...

[edit on 24/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
not all cops are the same, I have gay friends and the police will go out their way for them in the uk and anything threatening to a gay person they will have words trust me ,,

how would they even know you where gay unless you acted like a drama queen ,maybe you where to cocky with them

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Light of Night
Also a gay and lesbian division at the police station and the "regular" cops wouldn't handle your situation? That sounds like discrimination to me. There really isn't any reason for there to be a separate division to handle alternate lifestyles.

Main Entry: li·ai·son
Pronunciation: \ˈlē-ə-ˌzän, lē-ˈā-, ÷ˈlā-ə-\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from Middle French, from lier, from Old French
Date: circa 1648
1 : a binding or thickening agent used in cooking
2 a : a close bond or connection : interrelationship b : an illicit sexual relationship : affair 3a
3 a : communication for establishing and maintaining mutual understanding and cooperation (as between parts of an armed force) b : one that establishes and maintains liaison
4 : the pronunciation of an otherwise absent consonant sound at the end of the first of two consecutive words the second of which begins with a vowel sound and follows without pause

Now, if other gay people have fought for this division to be implemented in the police station then you are pretty much a victim of gays wanting to be treated differently. Not you per say, but others.

Read the definition of liaison again. "Communication for establishing and maintaining understanding and cooperation.

They are not a division. They are the cops that communicate and establish understanding and cooperation for the regular cops.

Just because there is a liaison unit, doesn't mean that the "regular" cops are to ignore a plea for help.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join