It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't even believe in Nibiru, but please explain this video!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Great finds there! I love the SOHO stuff in one file like that. You can really see the affects if your brower is slow and hiccups. Objects stopped and sped up, thus sticking out like sore thumb.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Michael Tsarion was righ---oh wait. Nope. He's still wrong.

This is a pretty good video. Sometimes when I watch this kind of stuff I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it and adjusting to what I'm actually seeing.

If you guys want some really good 2012 Debunkumentary's I'd check out anything by Chris White. Look him up on Youtube as Nowheretorun and Knowwheretorun.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Hivethink]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Good point. I have no real clue either, other than an inner planet and not a comet. But I am not willing to say it is NOT Nibiru.

When you look at the the SOHO shots you normally don't, or ever to my knowledge, see Venus or Mercury causing any Solar flares like appears to be happening when comets go by. Big comets like Neat have a tail visible and that object is big enough to have one if it was a comet. We do have a mystery wrapped in an enigma when we add that the OP got dumped!

Oh I can't forget, as a Sherlock Holmes trained thinker, we can't rule out some form of sophisticated hoax as some here do feel already. But it does not appear to be a hoax since it does look different than my past viewings of such data and available to study for yourself. We need more information but I am leaning toward something spetacular and not the inner planet Mercury based on my experience studying solar flare activity. Something is happening and another planet, heretofore unmentioned in the formal literature, does make sense to why we are seing such drama here in the geophysical aspect of earth. Maybe I am like Fox Mulder and just "want to believe" but something interesting is here for me to watch and consider anyway.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
To the OP, it seems that you've already made your mind up and are just wanting to acquire a circle of similarly narrow-minded types. Congratulations, epic fail accomplished.

You have also made an epic fail by coming to an open forum with the most closed mind I have ever seen. I don't know about nibiru or if it exists, but I know you have to weed through a lot of crazy ideas sometimes to get to the truth hence, theories turning into fact, past fiction turning into reality. As the old addage goes, an open mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by VendettaBeretta

When ever I want science to explain something, the first place I always
go to is YouTube

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"I'm not sure... it could be Nibiru..."

"I won't rule out Nibiru just yet..."

etc.
etc.

Nibiru is not a planet. Nibiru isn't even a physical thing. Call that object in the video what you want, it isn't Nibiru. It really can't be that hard to understand. The amount of total ignorance is amazing.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

so your not banned, or weren't banned?

As I rewatched the video it occurred to me the possibility of it being Mercury is still on the table for me. I say that based on solar flares that appeared to be caused be the object COULD have been affected by small comets and we can't tell that. Did you find a wider angle or a combined view in steoroscopic view? That would help determine if I saw flares going toward the object that were in fact influenced strictly by the object. Or it was normal response to collisions of comets or asteroids with the sun.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

I like the way you put it Rohdan. You obviously want to find good information. When you translate something there is always going to be some uncertainty in the words used. There is some leeway to pick the corresponding words or phrases that represent what the original words mean. In this case what we see is that people that spend their lives studying ancient Sumeria do not agree at all with what Sitchin Says. On the one hand we have a lot of people interpreting the words to mean something and on the other hand we have a lone Sitchin with a completely different interpretation.

Sitchin is a self taught individual who is actually an economist.

From Sitchin - wikipedia

Sitchin's speculations are entirely discounted by professional scientists, historians, and archaeologists, who note many problems with his translations of ancient texts and with his understanding of physics,[2] categorizing his work as pseudoscience.

It's not just the translations that make little sense. He also fails at a number of other fields as well. His work is about as valid as Velikovsky.

You have to look at what he says and does it make sense. Check his claims.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Nibiru is a myth. It doesn't exist. The original Sumerian doesn't refer to a planet with that name.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

What ignorance? The kind where people attempt to use a technique were they in this case, YOU, assume something is true make a bold statement without corraborating evidence and then expect US to accept it on face value? Or the one where your use of childish namecalling defeats your true purpose of winning a debate?

For all of you, op and numbskulls who might want to influence people to think a certain way, DATA, we need data either way. Do YOU have anything to substaniate or deny the claim? That is the question. If not, it is like my observations, pure speculation. Except yours is dripping with conflict and not properly caring out the debate. Offer something to support that claim we can wrap our minds around other than calling open minded people ignorant. In the end you will find it out that closed minded individuals get left behind when good stuff happens. Your call to decide what to do there SPADE.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Justoneman]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just getting to the end of DARK STAR the planet X evidence by Andy Lloyd.

He makes a good agument for the possibilty of a niburu like planet which he says may be a brown dwarf about the size of Neptune thats orbit is in the Kyper belt. He also says that a moon/planet orbiting this brown dwarf could enter the inner solar system to explain ancient sightings.

Has he proved its existance? no. Has he made a good argument for it in my opinion yes.

To those saying impossible I would point to all the impossible things we are finding to be true

To those interested in the book I can honestly say its a good read.

As for the OP's vid. Wouldnt know what it shows but could take a guess that the big shiny thing in the middle is the sun.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If there is a brown dwarf out there in the Kuiper belt more astronomical measurements of the paths of the known planets and the the PAN-Starrs project place such an object out over 2000AU from the sun. It has to be way over 50 times the distance out to Pluto.

Brown dwarfs are larger than Jupiter. Neptune is smaller than Jupiter so that is a mistake.

Since the brown dwarf has to be out so far it can't have an orbiting companion that would enter the orbits of the known planets. The orbit would be affected by the stronger gravity of the sun. The object would also affect the orbits of the known planets and that would be observable.

So clearly the book is not using the latest findings of astronomy.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

My purely speculative guess, is that he/she has multiple cloned accounts and has been trolling with them? *shrugs*

Interesting video though

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To Serbsta

I will give you Sitchin's history is suspect, but if you throw his version out and look at other civilizations. Experts who have been to the field and looked at the artifcats see a pattern that is showing up in the folklore and drawings that is undeniable. Most all believe there is some being living out in the solar system/universe that comes to Earth in some kind of cyclical way. Now does that mean a Planet X, no. But it is not to be thrown out with the preverbial baby in the bathwater. Now we see the Vatican has the telescope Lucifer. Implying something beyond a simple observatory to me.

When you hear a duck, see a duck and watch one walk, you can safely bet it is a duck. These weird coincidences in a variety of things like the name of that telescope, the dates of prediction by ancient civilizations and the fact our sun is proven to be very cyclical are in my opinion, NOT coincedences. Failure to keep an open mind is no excuse. We who study scienctific endeavors have to change our theories when we run into something that contradicts it.

To me, there seem to be a crowd of people saying 'what ever you do, don't look behind the curtain!' People better look and make a habit of questioning everything but when you look you need to be capable of understanding a pattern when it smacks you in the head. Otherwise, your gonna to be wrong when you share your knowledge.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wanted to post and let yall good people know of my run-in with Mr. Terence McKenna.

The year was 1998 and I was living in the great city of Atlanta.

He spoke at a very small gathering of about 30 people and I happened to one of them.

He spoke about 2 things.

1) His Timewave Zero computer program

2) The plant Salvia Divinorum.

This was the first time that I had heard of the Timewave Zero program and after listening to him speak, I was totally convinced that he was onto something.

As far as the Salvia goes. This was before ANYONE had heard of it, and he mainly spoke of it because it is already classified as being similar to table salt.
Therefore it is 100% legal.

Note to mods:
I am not encouraging anything illegal. I am simply stating facts about naturally occurring substances that tend to mimic the action of neurotransmitters already found within our body.

He spoke about Salvia in the same way that he did '___', a neurotransmitter which is produced naturally in Amazonian grasses, which Shaman then use to communicate with the spirit world; and also inside of our bodies, where it is produced naturally in the pineal gland as we sleep, during normal metabolism and supposedly in MASSIVE amounts just before death...

The one thing that I will say, unequivocally, is that Salvia, '___', and other naturally occurring psychedelic substances, which funny enough mostly turn out to mimic neurotransmitters already found within our body, are said by all who have engaged in the activity to put one in touch with noticing patterns.

Or what Shaman would call the spirit world.

And the Timewave Zero program is the ultimate pattern.

McKenna said when I met him that if someone was to smoke Salvia then he would give them a 40% chance of meeting an extra-terrestrial intelligence.
I believe that he referred to it as the "Gaia Consciousness".

He was THE MAN.

RIP Terence McKenna.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Salvia Divinorum is not an illegal plant in all places. It is legal where I live although politicians are discussing whether it should be made illegal.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
If there is a brown dwarf out there in the Kuiper belt more astronomical measurements of the paths of the known planets and the the PAN-Starrs project place such an object out over 2000AU from the sun. It has to be way over 50 times the distance out to Pluto.

Brown dwarfs are larger than Jupiter. Neptune is smaller than Jupiter so that is a mistake.

Since the brown dwarf has to be out so far it can't have an orbiting companion that would enter the orbits of the known planets. The orbit would be affected by the stronger gravity of the sun. The object would also affect the orbits of the known planets and that would be observable.

So clearly the book is not using the latest findings of astronomy.

No

I am quoting the book from memory so the mistake is probably mine. If you wish to wave your brain in my direction go ahead it will make little difference to me.

If you read his book he explains your points above and gives arguments that you wont get from me. If you choose not to thats also fine by me but forgive me if I take more notice of his study than your reaction to my post.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by colin42]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
putnik @ 24-4-2010 04:51 AM

Hello people,

Please please look at and read the official websites of these wonderful scientific instruments before jumping to conclusions. If you click the 'where is stereo' tab in the planning section on the left it clearly shows that this object is Mercury.

I don't want to criticise any poster, especially a new one but ATS is currently flooded with these types of posts - there's currently a very similar post about a SOHO video that the poster claims is a comet bigger than Jupiter - again the actual scientists have already explained what it is - a normal comet and a very common event yet the poster saw one video and decided it was the end of the world.

These are scientific instruments, the findings of which are available to everybody who TAKES THE TIME TO HAVE A PROPER LOOK.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by sputnik]

Sorry, but I did not see anyone reply to this post at the bottom of page two. Why?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Nibiru is not a planet. Nibiru isn't even a physical thing. Call that object in the video what you want, it isn't Nibiru. It really can't be that hard to understand. The amount of total ignorance is amazing.

Occasionally I'd get into ridiculous arguments with people. They wouldn't begin as ridiculous, but they'd end up there pretty quick when it became obvious that one of us did not have the knowledge or the facts behind our words. When this situation would happen to me I'd retort with a simple phrase: "How do you know? Are you an expert?". The other party would find themselves with nothing to say, because they weren't an expert. They really didn't know.

Those watching said argument would claim that I'm bringing a red herring into the mix. That I'm diverting the attention towards the other party's lack of knowledge on a situation. But of course I was in a sense bringing a very important idea to light: I don't know enough about the topic, and neither do you. You may know more or less than I do, but it isn't enough to reach a win-lose result in the argument.

These arguments became ridiculous because my "are you an expert?" phrase was overused. It became a bad joke.

So serbsta, are you an expert on Nibiru? Are you 100% sure it even exists and what form it exists in? If "the amount of total ignorance is amazing", then you must know something we do not. You must have a heart to heart with Nibiru every night and know it intimately. Hell I bet you've been there. You must have vacationed there to know what you know for certain about this place or thing that exists much further away than what I'm guessing any human being has ever traveled from Earth. Have any pictures of your hotel there?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman
reply to post by skeptic_al

so your not banned, or weren't banned?

As I rewatched the video it occurred to me the possibility of it being Mercury is still on the table for me. I say that based on solar flares that appeared to be caused be the object COULD have been affected by small comets and we can't tell that. Did you find a wider angle or a combined view in steoroscopic view? That would help determine if I saw flares going toward the object that were in fact influenced strictly by the object. Or it was normal response to collisions of comets or asteroids with the sun.

No not Banned and never was in a Band

This stuff is much better explained by Astrologers that spend all night
staring through a big Giant telescope.

Oddly Enough, not one of them has ever come forward to say they gave found Naburi.

The only ones claiming to have know where Nubino is are those that don't have big giant Telescopes

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join