It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't even believe in Nibiru, but please explain this video!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Doesn't that point about the moon more or less suggest that a comet say 2 weeks from us may not affect the volcanoes or cause severe earthquake until we enter into its tail or dust?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It certainly says that an object the size of a comet would have no noticeable gravitational effect on the objects on the earth. It doesn't matter if we pass through the tail or not. Passing through the tail of a comet would likely lead to an exciting meteor shower. Comets are quite small. The danger they pose is an impact.

There very well may be more information today on a possible relationship between quakes, volcanism, and the moon. I am not aware of any.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
I sent an email to NASA requesting the official explanation of what this thing actually is, here is their response:

If so many people weren't hitting the server, you could see the page:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... ,

and you would know that it's Venus. If you're patient, the page will (as of this writing) still load, but it may take quite a while. I apologize for the slow performance, but apparently many people are interested in the subject.

I am, however, not a NASA "official," just a scientist. And I don't have a "stand point" on the matter; it's Newtonian physics to predict where the planets are as seen from the STEREO spacecraft.

Best,

(Dr.) Joseph B. Gurman
STEREO Project Scientist

The problem I find with this statement is that this object is located 30 degrees to the LEFT of the Sun...this is NOT where Venus is located, then again....guess I could be wrong. Opinions???

NASA stand for NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER. JFK warned us of the secret societies that control the information we receive and he mention the scientific community. NASA is that scientific community. They even hid the two faces of mars from the public and other interesting sites. But he they want our Tax dollars but don't give us correct information.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Right. Sure. Faces on Mars. LOL. What about the fantasy that at image shows a transparent dome near a nozzle shooting out water? I'm laughing harder now.

So the images show something out there. If it is a new planet and it's that brig and bright why haven't the amateur astronomers with their telescopes reported seeing a new planet. BECAUSE THERE IS NONE.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity 99 in reference to your question about can an external gravitational force cause earthquakes or initiate a quake I did find some evidence. The main article points to a prediction that doe snot appear to work. There are some significant problems with it as described int he article and admitted by the person who was testing the idea.

Earthshaking Theory: Moon Phases Cause Earthquakes

Tom Jordan, a USC professor and director of the Southern California Earthquake Center, says that while some studies indicate tidal effects may have an effect on smaller quakes, there's no evidence they have an effect on bigger quakes like the one April 4 centered in Baja California. "And these effects," he adds, "were only found after searching very deeply."

Although Nabhan's predictions do not seem to be sound at least there is a starting point for finding out about the influence the moon has on earthquakes.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
In another discussion of whether or not the moon can cause or initiate earthquakes we have
Another World Series Quake?

Author David Nabhan thinks a quake could be caused by a lining up of the moon, sun and Earth and says most large earthquakes happen when the moon is full. But Lucy Jones, of the U.S. Geological Survey, says, "There has never been any demonstrated correlations of large earthquakes with the full moon?If doing the easy things like the full moon worked, we would be doing it."

Jim Berkland, a San Jose geologist, predicted the 1989 quake five days before it happened in an article in his local newspaper. He claims to have 75% accuracy at predicting major quakes by consulting the planetary alignments?as well as the Lost and Found section of the newspaper, to figure out how many dogs and cats have run away from home. He also consults the geyser at Calistoga, California, to find out if its regular eruptions have been interrupted.

I did find this article from Science, a AAAS publication
Earth Tides Can Trigger Shallow Thrust Fault Earthquakes

The abstract didn't tell me much, but the article was cited in 4 other articles. you can scroll down to view the names of the other articles.

I did find this page in the wikipedia.
Earthquake prediction - wikipedia

The latter, which arises from the periodic alignment of the Sun and Moon, has often been claimed in the popular press to incubate earthquakes (sometimes termed the "syzygy" effect) and occasionally for small datasets in the scientific literature (e.g.,[20]), but generally such effects do not appear in careful studies of large datasets.

Reference 20 is to a comment that is
Breathing of the seafloor: Tidal correlations of seismicity at Axial volcano: Comment
In the comment (which is not article in the journal) the author of the comment points out places where earthquakes have occurred that match up with the tidal forces. On the other hand the earthquake prediction article says that as studies are opened up to include more and more data the correlation disappears.

Full moons come and go without earthquakes or volcanic eruptions, but it does seem that tidal forces may have some influence on these events even if the effect is not that easy to discern or may only apply to smaller quakes.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Talking of Earthquakes Taiwan just got hit by one.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
At the 6:30 mark in the video,we see a definitive shape appear on the right side of the screen. It does not look like a tail, as if on a comet, but a wing rather. What seemed interesting to me was the similarity between that shape and the winged globe shape. This symbol has long been associated with Nibiru and is found in Sumerian art, as well as many other ancient civilizations art.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ToHoldaPigeon

The "wings" as you call them are image artifacts.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just end this #, science and logic and at least some #ing well thought out hypothesis at the very minimum. Stop this dribble, you'll get no where

I don't want vague jumps from the mayans had a calender, sumerians have some pictures and we can't prove anything happened 3600 years ago but lets make a # theory up out of nothing, yeh that's scientific - WAKE UP fools

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by misteRee
Just end this #, science and logic and at least some #ing well thought out hypothesis at the very minimum. Stop this dribble, you'll get no where

I don't want vague jumps from the mayans had a calender, sumerians have some pictures and we can't prove anything happened 3600 years ago but lets make a # theory up out of nothing, yeh that's scientific - WAKE UP fools

What do you have to add to these truthful Nibiru threads other than your dis-respectful smart alec, brainless remarks Misteree? You are alway's talking about scientific evidence when it comes to Nibiru, but yet, you don't provide any to the contrary yourself..........................ever. I'm beyond sick of seeing you and a few others speading your hateful, shallow, mindless comments about Nibiru. For something that you supposedly do not believe in, you sure are taking it pretty personal. When I and anyone else don't believe in something, we don't waste any time or energy with it. You really shouldn't be calling other's fools when you seem to be one of the BIGGEST fools that I have ever seen.

Science? The only thing that you know about Science is the name.

People like you really need to STFU about Nibiru. You don't know a damn thing about it, and you never will.

If you don't believe in something, move along and keep your mindless comments to yourself.

Got it?

Wake up FOOL!

- KC

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Karma_Chameleon]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Karma_Chameleon

LOL People say there is no proof but we bring the proof and I am not going repost links that I have shown plausible evidence that Nibiru is in our system.

People say it can't happen, but then we find a brown dwarf orbiting our sun and NASA calls it Nemesis.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

That's one post with no content or thought. There sure seems to be a trend of posting absolutely nothing when it comes to Nibiru or whatever nonsense name you want to give an impossible new planet.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Proof? Whining isn't proof.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

What you still here? LOL

You people complaining about no proof sure as hell seem to want to believe.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

That's one post with no content or thought. There sure seems to be a trend of posting absolutely nothing when it comes to Nibiru or whatever nonsense name you want to give an impossible new planet.

Funny. This post of yours explains yourself to a T. All you ever post is empty rhetoric about Nibiru. Just post your "project pann starrs" nonsense and get it over with. That is, if you haven't already in this thread. After all, that has alway's been the best you can do.
Since I know how much you love youtube video's on Nibiru, here you go.

How's that for being trendy?

- KC

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Karma_Chameleon]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The only one that seems to be whining about Nibiru is you. You smart off to me about posting without out any train of thought and yet, here you are posting a whole four words.

Thought? Content? What would you know about either one?

Yeah, your a real piece of work aren't ya.

Do yourself a favor. Start paying attention to all of the evidence that is being provided on Nibiru.

It just might do you some good someday soon.

- KC

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Karma_Chameleon]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'll get to your bad content video later I suppose. I really enjoy receiving a whining video in response to a whine. Nice work.

In fact, there is no evidence for Nibiru. Zero. The made up evidence in almost all of the videos to date, not including the one just posted, rely on carefully avoiding evidence that disputes Nibiru. It takes great care to avoid telling the truth. A fine line has to be walked and very strange assumptions made.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aziroth
reply to post by VendettaBeretta

We sure have had a surplus of new members lately, this one brought something entertaining though; welcome and good job. I am not sure what this is, I have heard about a few comets heading our direction, and I also remember there was a comet that got very close to the sun recently; not sure when that was will look this info up and add it here.

I am sure you will get all sorts of responses to this, just keep going; it also helps to try and debunk your own work, adds a sort of validity to your pursuit for truth.

Well there was a new project launched recently by the military. Basically, they patrol the internet ubder false pretents and identies. Haven't you noticed a few here and there that dont look at any evidence, but already know that you're just a $hit stirrer or nuts?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join