It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did people in the bible live so long?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

i added u to friens since we keep running into eachother...and seem to be followin the same path

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

But how does Anu fit into the picture? I would assume Anu and YHWH are the same being. Since he is King of the gods they would all have to yield to him anyway?

This is how I could see it:

Enki - Jesus in divine form - a master worker - a god
Enlil - Satan or Lucifer - orginal guardian of earth - a god who went bad
Anu - YHWH - The Almighty - The one who put the universe together
The father of the gods

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

enki could not have been jesus jesus was an artificially inseminated seed into the womb of mary...

enlil was portrayed as a good god b/c he was put in command of earth when him enki and anu drew lots anu went back to nibiru to rule while enki got africa(egypt) and enlil got middle east (israel)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My thinking on this is that they used a different source of measurement. After all, 900 ears is a long time. If they used a lunar cycle as the measurement of a year, that would calculate them to be 75 years (roughly). I didn't account for leap years or exact cycles, but just going by the assumption that there is a full moon every month and only happens, say, 12 times a year, then 900/12=75 which is a ripe old age as far as life expectency back then.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Very interesting interpretation of Sumerian mythology. All said and done, I am here reminded of the first prophecy in Genesis when it said enmity will be between the woman and the serpent: Enlil verses Enki struggle.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

A number of fathers were too young to reproduce for that theory to work.

Adam: 130 lunar months, had first son at 11.8 solar years, 930 death age
Seth: 105 lunar months, had first son at 8.75 solar years, 912 death age
Enos: 90 lunar months, had first son at 7.5 solar years, 905 death age
Cainan: 70 lunar months, had first son at 5.8 solar years, 910 death age
Mahalaleel: 65 lunar months, had first son at 5.41 solar years, 895 death age
Jared: 162 lunar months, had first son at 13.5 solar years, 962 death age
Enoch: 65 lunar months, had first son at 5.41 solar years, 365 disappeared age
Methuselah: 187 lunar months, had first son at 15.58 solar years, 969 death age
Lamech: 182 lunar months, had first son at 15.16 solar years, 777 death age
Noah: 500 lunar months, had first son at 41.67 solar years, 950 death age

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I do not have the guys name, but I did see a theory on this and it made sense. First off you must understand the theory of earth expansion. The earth was once much smaller that it is now, and has been and will continue to expand. The more it expands the thinner our atmosphere and less dense.

When the earth was smaller and the atmosphere was denser (even a little) our organs had an easier time processing the required energy sources and with less work came longer durability.

Just a theory, but much better than aliens or different counting theiries as there is scientist coming forward stating the continents if the earth shrank would connect perfectly like a puzzle ball.

The reason I do not buy different counting theories is because the people who wrote the bible did mathmaatics that we know and understand their reasoning (whether it is the same or evolved since) Somebody who wrote a bible 2000 years ago would not understand how somebody 4000 years ago did mathmatics based on our current understanding of culture and intelligence 2000 years ago. We understand the intelligence of people 2000 years ago very well today.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

A number of fathers were too young to reproduce for that theory to work.

Adam: 130 lunar months, had first son at 11.8 solar years, 930 death age
Seth: 105 lunar months, had first son at 8.75 solar years, 912 death age
Enos: 90 lunar months, had first son at 7.5 solar years, 905 death age
Cainan: 70 lunar months, had first son at 5.8 solar years, 910 death age
Mahalaleel: 65 lunar months, had first son at 5.41 solar years, 895 death age
Jared: 162 lunar months, had first son at 13.5 solar years, 962 death age
Enoch: 65 lunar months, had first son at 5.41 solar years, 365 disappeared age
Methuselah: 187 lunar months, had first son at 15.58 solar years, 969 death age
Lamech: 182 lunar months, had first son at 15.16 solar years, 777 death age
Noah: 500 lunar months, had first son at 41.67 solar years, 950 death age

Many thanks for pointing that out. I guess living for nearly a millenium will continue to be quite the mystery. I read a bit about the ages in the Ra Material, but that was a while back and I'd need to re reference it for a clearer idea of how/why living that long was considered 'normal'. It struck me as odd in lieu of life expectancies of recent past eras to be in the 30's and 40's. It makes me wonder why 90% of our intended durations are now gone.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

i explained in earlier posts..maybe you cant fathom that idea...but its the only idea that works! why the lost longivity....we have adjusted to earth time and the alien dna has been either diluted down or something...i'm guessing its more along the lines of adjusting to earth time

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Billions of years ago, when the earth was young and small (and its atmosphere much denser than today, albeit filled with gases that are toxic to us), people used to live for millions of years. Then TPTB started changing all that because it was in cahoots with their plan for global domination, so people started living 10s of thousands of years. Then the atmosphere changed (by manipulation of TPTB) and oxygen was introduced, to damage cells and reduce further the lifespan to merely thousands of years. then came the dinosaurs and hunted those extra long living juicy targets. Hardship and further changes in the atmosphere lead to lifespans of mere centuries. By the time the Bible was written, TPTB had succeeded in reducing our lifespan to mere decades (introduction of alcohol, later on tobacco and even later atmospheric pollution has lead to lifespans that keep getting smaller and smaller).

It's just a theory.

Proof about it lies next to the proof about the Anunaki, ancient aliens, super advanced ancient civilizations, Atlantis, Nephilim and all other "outside the box" 'facts' that TPTB keep suppressed.

[/off]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GriBiT

The bible like many other holy books contain a core of truth, for you to pick out good luck. Adam was supposed to live until 960 as he gave 40 of his years to solomon but was still given the full 1000 years. the big bang theory is also mentioned in the quran, the Tao te ching etc.

The Qur'an hints at the theory of a "Big Bang" explosion at the start of it all. The Qur'an says in 21:30, "Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were joined together as one united piece, Then we parted them? and we have made water Every living thing. will they not Then believe? Do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder" [21:30]

ever expanding universe
Verse 51:47 "And the firmament, We constructed with power and skill and verily We are expanding it."

sources:en.wikipedia.org...

www.answering-christianity.com...

Regards, Naeem

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

i explained in earlier posts..maybe you cant fathom that idea...but its the only idea that works! why the lost longivity....we have adjusted to earth time and the alien dna has been either diluted down or something...i'm guessing its more along the lines of adjusting to earth time

Actually I can fathom that. I had also read in the threads about density having effects on time itself. Gravity and universal quanta are everywhere throughout creation, and the fascinations we observe and are still learning about it are mindboggling. Last night I watched part of The Universe on the History channel and they were discussing time, time travel, and other phenomena. In a nutshell , one of the excerpts is that the denser the gravitational force, the slower time becomes. They also indicated that living on the edge of a black hole for 1 year is equivalent to 10 years in earth time. Our planet could never sustain the compression and molecular transition of that magnitude although it would theoretically exponentiate our lifespan by 10x. Would we accomplish more, or would our birth/death still be a nominal lifespan being referenced using a slower or faster calculation? Time seems to be more of a variable than a constant and is evident throughout the vastness.
On Earth (in our 3 dimensions), time is relevant as is the scientific concept of time/space in our understanding. We have devised instruments to measure/calculate time but they were done so in increments we could understand. Perhaps through progressive evolution during these eras, increments of time have changed.
Is it possible that the phases of the moon had a greater significance than we know? Could it be that the sight of a full (new) moon signified the rebirth of the moon as well as celebration of its return each month? In some ancient cultures and religions, the sun and moon were of huge significance (yes I had pagan/wiccan friends). Perhaps the death and birth of the Luna was a ceremonial occasion?
I can agree with you on the DNA/RNA ideology as there have been major steps in human evolution, even jumping from homo erectus to homo sapiens. It is almost an immediate evolutionary leap in the 'improvements'.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

if we were gentically created from aliens who have a long lifespan longer then we could fathom today would we not recieve a longer life span in the first humans...as humans bred with eachother and watered down the alien genes and we began to adapt to earth time...wouldnt that then shorten life span down through time?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

if we were gentically created from aliens who have a long lifespan longer then we could fathom today would we not recieve a longer life span in the first humans...as humans bred with eachother and watered down the alien genes and we began to adapt to earth time...wouldnt that then shorten life span down through time?

that's a good point
It would make sense that lifespans would play an integral part of the human design in the sense of genetic blueprinting. Maybe it has something to do with our only having 2 strands of DNA? It makes me wonder what the DNA structure was in the times of ancient egypt since they co-existed with the christian culture. Did we have additional strands? Seems like a bare minimum of 2 strands is what we now have, and it indeed makes me wonder how our physiology would be if we had 64 strands, or even 4. Having 2 strands leaves a large window for genetic degradation as there is a minimal capacity for repair or regrowth.
And since our species is perpetually bombarded with EMF, microwaves, PCBs, chemicals, mutagens, non-nutritional sustenence, excessive breeding, and a whole gamut of stem cell complications.
I'm also betting they were more versed in natural healing and having a fully functional pineal gland (ours have been badly calcified by flouride). If our metabolism is faulty or irregular then yes, our longevity will be greatly reduced, and those genetic mutations are passed down from generation to generation.
It reminds me of the movie Idiocracy

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
As Pleiadian Maggador mentions, the human life span was reduced because it would make people more limited so that they could more easily be controlled and have less time to discover the truth about themselves and the slave system they live within.

The short story being that people are living here in a Trap System, and that those whom created that trap system do not want people to find out that they are not living their true full lives but are indeed just experiencing a fragment of their true self and only here to serve the masters as slaves and "food" (entities feeding on human energies and emotions, feelings , etc).

Source:
www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
They are fictional characters, they never lived at all. When you write a book, the characters in it can live as long as you want them to.
I have another great question; "Why does Spiderman age so slow?" I mean, he should be in his 60s by now.

I probably already posted this, or something similar, 5 or so years ago.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Mabye the writers passed it down to their children when they died, since I think it was popular to have your fathers name back then.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
All of your answers are in the 14 tablets of Enki which told the story of the Annunaki time on earth. You can check it out at www.stopnwo.com
Go down the left side of the web page til you get to the Annunaki/Sumerian section.

The most complete information on the nephlim is also there.

After you view the Enki tablet videos you must watch the Athrashasis tablet videos. he tells of how the Annunaki really treated mankind.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GriBiT

The reason why men lived so long in the beginning is because they were created to live forever originally. Then sin came in and ruined everything. Adam and eve got kicked out of the garden. After the flood most of the wicked people were destroyed and God had set a limit on how old man could be. 3 limits. 70,80 and 120.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GriBiT

The reason why men lived so long in the beginning is because they were created to live forever originally. Then sin came in and ruined everything. Adam and eve got kicked out of the garden. After the flood most of the wicked people were destroyed and God had set a limit on how old man could be. 3 limits. 70,80 and 120.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join