It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did people in the bible live so long?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKugs
...........because there was no War in Iraq to kill them

after 6 years, this remains the most spot on answer - and the most serious one!

(it is in page 1, if you were wondering!)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Anything's possible in a fictional book...

I mean, talking snakes, giants, catastrophes, wars, it's like a Hollywood movie. You seen the Matrix, where Neo stops the bullets just by making a hand movement? People living super long lives in the bible during a time where the average life expectancy was probably around 35-45yrs is the same thing as Neo stopping bullets

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Anything's possible in a fictional book...

You seen the Matrix, where Neo stops the bullets just by making a hand movement? People living super long lives in the bible during a time where the average life expectancy was probably around 35-45yrs is the same thing as Neo stopping bullets

You mean when Jesus walked on water, stopped storms and raised the dead? Jesus was one of the original designers of the physical universe. Of course ones like him would know how to manipulate its matter. They produced the human body and it's far more advanced than anything we could make. This takes us down the Evolution verse Creation debate and is not to be discussed in this thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Isn't this just a book?! How can we know how long fictional characters live?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
know the book you are talking about and came across it a few years back.

I too am interested why people lived so long in the bible. Although not religious I am interested in the fountain of youth myth.

If you find out anything do let me know.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

Have you checked out David Copperfield's Fountain of Youth in the Caribbean?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Could there really be a secret ingredient that makes us live longer? If our cells need this specific element for longevity we don't know what it is. Reverse engineer the human cell to find the missing components.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Warhappy

Ding! Ding! Ding! We've got a winner!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GriBiT

b/c adam being half alien half ape had alein dna these aliens could live lifetimes and since alot of the people in genesis were still closely related to adam having tha strong alien dna not diluted down through time and adjusting to earth time...in adjusting to earth time it tends to shorten life span!

thats why the people in the bible live so long!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Where do you get you information for this? Is this of new age belief?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

i take you dont know anything about the anunnaki?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Never really put much effort in learning. I do know a lot people discussed them on ATS. Do you have a link I can learn about the anunnaki?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

yeah you can have a field day in my videos on youtube...all kinds of things u'd be interested in...www.youtube.com/metalholic....enjoy

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Thanks! I owe you friend!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I felt it was contributed to the time keepers of those times, associating days and nights with planet rotation around then nearest star. And planet then may have rotated faster then Earths current rotational speed around current star SUN.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I didn't watch your videos yet but you gave me a mental picture of that theory.

YHWH makes Adam out of an Ape like creature, therefore being half god and half animal. Later other creatures like YHWH want to produce their own half divine beings, resulting in the giants. YHWH gets ticked and trumps the rebel gods by destroying a planet in the solar system, killing their offspring.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

actually YHWH is the universe! enki/ea created human kind the first adam or in sumerian adamu

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I liked this detail about Enki from wikipedia.

His sacred number name was "40".[
en.wikipedia.org...

The number 40 seems to be in the Bible a lot.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

anu 60 and enlil 50! even theough enki was anu's firstborn son he was not the son of anu's half sister which is why the younger enlil was the heir to the throne

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Thanks for telling me the other divine numbers of his relatives and how they relate to Enki's number.

So Enki and Enlil were both fighting to be king of the earth? Is that what you mean to say?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

actually for leadership of the earth...this in my mind sets the stage for the bible's satan and god...satan is enki and god is enlil but at times each is actually each...enki created man but u hear about god doin it....enlil tried to wipe us out with the flood but enki helped noah but god gets credit for helping noah...all in all god applies to any of the aliens at any given time!

btw there are more ranks of gods aswell like for exmaple marduk/ra is 10 and 10 is the number of a demi god gilgamesh was a demigod

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join