It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did people in the bible live so long?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There is definitely more to human history than we are being told by the established archeological and historical community.
The ancient megalithic monuments and structures are clear evidence suggesting that not only did man in those days arguably have far greater understanding of the mechanics of the Universe than we do even in 'modern' times but also that we seem to have 'lost' a huge chapter of the history of civilization after the last ice age.
The fact that at least over 200 myths from all over the world speak of a great flood that engulfed the entire planet, a man and his family that were saved from the disaster on a boat and the appareance of serpents represented in architecture and mythology from various, and most parts of the ancient world should be enough to make anyone consider if what we have been taught about our history in school is correct.

The theory regarding higher levels of oxygen before the great flood does hold water. Especially when in context of the theory proposing that the environment was much cleaner in ancient times and food was more nutritious.
Also, science has proved that with less amounts of oxygen in the athmosphere; animals get smaller and smaller and perhaps, lifespans also decline.

I tend to believe that there is a big secret kept behind closed doors about our history and origins.
I theorize that the Earth goes through periodical changes about every 25,000 years but the frequency of these major changes has increased during the last 100,000 years or so.
I would propose that the accounts documented(?) in the book of Genesis took place around 10,000-12,000 BC and that the oxygen in the atmosphere, indeed, was decreasing in those days.

And I don't believe that Adam and Eve were the first humans here and it is even suggested in the scriptures:

Genesis 1:28
King James Version (KJV)
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Also, something seems to have happened genetically to the descendants of Eve after she ate of the fruit and this could possibly be why our cells doesn't renew themselves at a certain age.

Genesis 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children"

And then we can read how the following generations kept decreasing in lifespan.
edit on 2-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amet Khan

Originally posted by GriBiT

Originally posted by MKugs
...........because there was no War in Iraq to kill them

I really wanted serious replies.

Because the stories in the bible are not accurate.
Can you prove that? I'd say it's because of sin...which is passed on from generation to generation. We are born into it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABeing

And I don't believe that Adam and Eve were the first humans here and it is even suggested in the scriptures:

Genesis 1:28
King James Version (KJV)
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I'd just read something about this on another forum I frequent. It says:

the Hebrew verb is "ma-le". Strong's concordance says: To be full/ fulness, abundance, be accomplished, be ended, to consecrate, to be filled, be armed, satisfy,fulfill, accomplish, complete,confirm.

So, it seems ATSers could be making much ado about nothing. Notice though, your reference is from the King James Version. Best I can tell, it seems the KJV is the only version of the Bible to use the word "replenish."

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IsidoreOfSeville

Oh.. That KJV guy! At least he could have understood Hebrew correctly before translating the scriptures!
lol

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
In fairy tales the live even longer...

They lived for ever and a day... and they all lived happily ever after for ever and ever.

who knows. The bible is a strange book!

Perhaps theu counted moon cycles as years or something.

Man evolved from Apes like species, so its a bit hypothetical in the first place.

edit on 2-4-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GriBiT

I've wondered this too. Maybe it had something to do with Mana is what always popped into my head, regarding this question.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by harrisjohns

Hi HarrisJohns

You wrote:

"...if you look at Genesis the Creation events outlined happen in almost exactly the same order as accepted by Science today (just over a much shorter time-scale!) which indicates to me that the ancients knew more than we give them credit for...."

UNQUOTE

Do you REALLY believe that nonsense you wrote above?

Do you REALLY believe that the EARTH and its SEAS and its VEGETATION and GRASS and HERBS existed BEFORE the SUN, the MOON and the STARS as it states in Bereshth chapter 1?

י וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לַיַּבָּשָׁה אֶרֶץ, וּלְמִקְוֵה הַמַּיִם קָרָא יַמִּים; וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים, כִּי-טוֹב. 10

And Elohim named the dry land Eretz, and the gathering together of the waters he named the Seas; and Elohim saw that it was good.

יא וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, תַּדְשֵׁא הָאָרֶץ דֶּשֶׁא עֵשֶׂב מַזְרִיעַ זֶרַע, עֵץ פְּרִי עֹשֶׂה פְּרִי לְמִינוֹ, אֲשֶׁר זַרְעוֹ-בוֹ עַל-הָאָרֶץ; וַיְהִי-כֵן. 11

And Elohim said: 'Let Eretz bring forth grass, and herb yielding seed, and fruit-tree bearing fruit after its kind, wherein is the seed thereof, upon ha-aretz .' And so it happened.

יב וַתּוֹצֵא הָאָרֶץ דֶּשֶׁא עֵשֶׂב מַזְרִיעַ זֶרַע, לְמִינֵהוּ, וְעֵץ עֹשֶׂה-פְּרִי אֲשֶׁר זַרְעוֹ-בוֹ, לְמִינֵהוּ; וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים, כִּי-טוֹב. 12

And ha-aretz brought forth grass, herb yielding seed after its kind, and tree bearing fruit, wherein is the seed thereof, after its kind; and Elohim saw that it was good.

יג וַיְהִי-עֶרֶב וַיְהִי-בֹקֶר, יוֹם שְׁלִישִׁי. [פ] 13
And there was evening and there was morning, a third day.

יד וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי מְאֹרֹת בִּרְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמַיִם, לְהַבְדִּיל, בֵּין הַיּוֹם וּבֵין הַלָּיְלָה; וְהָיוּ לְאֹתֹת וּלְמוֹעֲדִים, וּלְיָמִים וְשָׁנִים. 14

And Elohim said: 'Let there be lights in the Dome (Heb. Re'qiak, lit. 'bowl') of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years;

טו וְהָיוּ לִמְאוֹרֹת בִּרְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמַיִם, לְהָאִיר עַל-הָאָרֶץ; וַיְהִי-כֵן. 15

and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon ha-aretz.' And it was so.

טז וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים, אֶת-שְׁנֵי הַמְּאֹרֹת הַגְּדֹלִים: אֶת-הַמָּאוֹר הַגָּדֹל, לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת הַיּוֹם, וְאֶת-הַמָּאוֹר הַקָּטֹן לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת הַלַּיְלָה, וְאֵת הַכּוֹכָבִים. 16

Then Elohim created the two great Lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; then he also made the stars too.

Are you saying the pre-literate priests of YHWH who sang this hymn at their 'New Year for Trees' Festival (hence trees bearing fruit in the center of the poem) in Gen chapter 1:1 to 2:4a got the Order of Creation scientifically right?

Didn't they teach you about photo-synthesis at School when you were young?

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join