It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
Anyway, I think the supposed "indigo" traits probably exist in a lot of people, but I think many of them have been manipulated by charlatans into a new dogma.

Exactly. Let me shamelessly bump my previous post if I may. You provide me with a perfect opportunity

Here it is. Those who think they are "indigo" may find the questions below very interesting :

"Do you have a vivid imagination?"
"Often connect seemingly unrelated ideas?"
"Are you deeply compassionate?"
"Do you have persistent curiosity?"
"Do you need periods of contemplation?"
"Do you search for meaning in your life?"
"Are you aware of things that others are not?"
"Are you highly sensitive?"
"Do you have strong moral convictions?"
"Do you often feel out-of-sync with others?"
"Are you perceptive or insightful?"
"Do you often question rules or authority?"
"Often take a stand against injustice?"
"Do you feel driven by your creativity?"
"Did you have developmentally advanced childhood?"
"Have unusual ideas or perceptions?"
"Are you a complex person?"

etc.

Feels like you ?

Where is it coming from ? Here :
www.fortunewatch.com...

Wait ! What ?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Haha figures, the post looks better on this page as we were only speaking about the marketing side of "New Age"

Is there anyone that can actually say No to anything on the post, the New Age really has included everyone.

it will and always will smell of Agenda to me... Money and God don't mix in my opinion because when it does Money becomes the God...

Join my cult...

Do you breath?
Do you bleed?
Do you eat?
Do you sleep?
Do you read?

Then you are special and you need to come away from all the other Negative people who don't do the above.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
I am a big believe of this, Whatever your beliefs, Hold onto them, Share the knowledge the Wisdom or whatever... even if it doesn't make sense to you. But Don't push them onto others as the Truth or make out them same beliefs are part of their journey.

Thank you
I know you are an open-minded person since I like your style, and my intuitions seldom fail me.

This is what I posted in another thread :

Respect other's views, religions, beliefs. It's THEIR path. Be kind, be honnest, be helpful. Your Truth is meaningful to you only. Don't force feed it to others. (So it also mean you may just bash everything I'm telling you if you want I won't take offence ) LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH

Same frequency ?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Money and God don't mix in my opinion because when it does Money becomes the God...

The guy is called Mammon

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Yup it's all I want, I mix with people from all walks of life and it seems the only conflict is when people talk/debate about beliefs. People automatically become defensive and try and protect what they believe, the reason being "They are happy with what they believe" they got this far.... why change? So many people these days come across as "Gurus" with the ultimate truth. even though deep down they just want to share what they know, what they have discovered.

I truly feel the beauty of life is in the mystery of it... It's one reason why we look at children as Enlightened examples, because they enjoy the adventure and never question the adventure. Yet we miss this and put labels on them such as indigos, please let them be children let them live in the mystery of life it's where all the fun and good times are.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

While I agree with you in the sense of them not needing a label. How do you find people of like mindedness if they are just called human? Not to mention I think people are just threatened by what "Indigo Children" talk about. In my opinion, all the things "Indigo Children" talk about I feel all mankind can do those things and thus the need for a title is irrelevant. All this indifference must be replaced with a much more unifying thought. Why are people always so worried about what other people are doing instead of themselves? If more people were actually concerned with trying to make the world better instead of worrying who's right and wrong; I think we'd would be much better off, because we are all WRONG about EVERYTHING.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

There's this awful cult out there, convinced by parents and teachers alike that it's the best thing for kids - it's called DRIVING.

Believe it or not, when kids reach around 15 or 16 years old adults convince them they have this secret talent and ability to drive a car!! Then they get caught up in driving everywhere, are basically forced into paying HUGE amounts of money just to keepo this lifestyle they were forced into by these evil adults! Horrible!

These kids are becoming less healthy because they don't walk places, they have more time to waste watching TV and doing drugs!!! All because of these driving scam, this "driver" label they all get forced into. Sad...

The people you portray as Indigos and their parents are pathetic monsters and your view on what this is all about is appalling to me. I could argue more plausibly that the Catholic church is worse than for humanity and costs more money - scams everywhere! oh noes oh noes!

You are equating locomotion with the choice of spirituality. This is logic fallacy with a pretty metaphor. Nice imagery - too bad its manipulative and lying.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This has been such an interesting thread for me! As someone who considers himself, simply by behavior and definition, part of the Indigo (Crystal) culture, I am really surprised that I have never experienced ANY of these cults, sales pitches, and most of what's been talked about.

My experience as a Crystal person is just that I have various abilities, some of which I was born with, but most of which naturally developed through meditation. I was NEVER classified as an Indigo/Crystal by my parents or anyone. People just thought I was weird and occassionally scary when I'd come out with something psychic that blew them all away.

If this whole cult/$2000 seminar/etc is true then I can certainly understand why so many people are against Indigos. I've basically kept my mouth shut in real life (despite numerous claims to the contrary by people in this thread) and I think I will continue to do so in most forums.

For a real-life perspective: "we" sense each other, and generally a smile or nod, or energy interaction on some level is all that's done. I'm not part of any specifically Indigo groups other than a research project at the university I attend. Indigo/Crystal is just a description of a culture I fit in to.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread tenth. Finally a thread about indigo children that gets some attention. You have expressed the points that I have tried to convey in numerous other indigo/crystal threads and even in 1 or 2 of my own that I have started.

I apologize if I am late on the response on this, as I can see it already has numerous pages. Nonetheless, It was refreshing to read something on the subject that received some attention.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Grandiosity

Narcissistic criteria for grandiosity

The grandiosity section of the Diagnostic Interview for Narcissism is as follows:

The person exaggerates talents, capacity and achievements in an unrealistic way.
The person believes in her/his invulnerability or does not recognise his/her limitations.
The person has grandiose fantasies.
The person believes that he/she does not need other people.
The person regards himself/herself as unique or special when compared to other people.
The person regards himself/herself as generally superior to other people.
The person behaves self-centeredly and/or self-referentially.
The person appears or behaves in a boastful or pretentious way.

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Why should spiritual counseling be free?
What about psychological counseling?
What about art, or music or written entertainment?
What about sports and sporting events?
What about acting?
What about computer programming?

Everyone has a specific area of expertise, and most agree that they should be compensated for their talents and abilities. Why should spiritual counseling be any different? Really?

The demand for it is there. people are searching for something they cannot find anywhere else and they are often finding peace and calm. The time, emotional effort and energy to interface and interpret on this level as an intermediary is pretty significant. Methods must be learned and practiced. Discipline must be applied in terms of lifestyle and interpersonal interraction. Experience must be review and personal insights applied, often after decades of intense introspection.

Sports commentaters do this.
Mental health professionals do this.
Clergy does this.
Corporations hire individuals for this very reason, as consultants and they make pretty good money.
Is there a real difference?

Your viewpoint suggests that everyone is equally capable of accessing "spirituality" at the same level with the same degree of competance. The evidence for this does not bear out in pragmatic application. Why doesn't it apply to other fields, talents and abilities? You know when someone can run circles around you in a particular sport, buisness dealing, writing, singing, art, etc...why is "spirituality" and the related perceptual abilies any different?

This statement is a lot like saying "psychology is nonsense. Anyone can counsel". It simply isn't true and your statement shows a lack of practical experience and aptitude in the matter of spiritual counseling. Straight up.

If I can outrun you, I am faster and I am entitled to claim the "fastest" designation. Why the gut reaction when someone states a level of enhanced spiritual perception? It's kinda like an eye test when you think about it. Is 20/20 an exageration or claim of superiority or is it a proclamation of an enhanced ability to see as measured against the general population? A small minority may have 20/15 vision for example.
It's just a statement of fact.

My talents and abilities allow me to access information and make observations at a different level than most people. I feel things differently. I see things differently. People come for insights and ideas related to my perspective, to see things through different eyes, if you will. I know my craft. I have decades of insight and practice. I have studied hundreds of texts related to my craft. i practive every day. I keep my body free from drugs and alcohol and I keep in shape. I meditate. Why should I not be compensated for my time and talents like anyone esle out there?

Your arguement is null. Really. Everything is subjective and based on man made units of measure. Psychology is borrowing heavily from "spiritual counseling" in an effort to cash in on 'legitimize' ancient perceptive practices. DBT Therapy and mindfullness, mind-body therapy, etc. are direct attempts that illustrate this point. They work, but can't be considered legitimate until someone requires a certificate of completion.

Imagine if that were to apply to things like sports ability or musical talent. Absurd, no?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Haha figures, the post looks better on this page as we were only speaking about the marketing side of "New Age"

Is there anyone that can actually say No to anything on the post, the New Age really has included everyone.

it will and always will smell of Agenda to me... Money and God don't mix in my opinion because when it does Money becomes the God...

Join my cult...

Do you breath?
Do you bleed?
Do you eat?
Do you sleep?
Do you read?

Then you are special and you need to come away from all the other Negative people who don't do the above.

Money and God do mix in every instance. That is the reality.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by PapaKrok]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
Money and God do mix in every instance. That is the reality.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by PapaKrok]

If you say so... In my experience, there is the catholic church on one hand, an organization, a powerful one. And then there is the reality of the people I met, priests, monks, or christians who are ok to talk with me and share their experience for free.

Go figure...

PS : I don't belong to any organized cult.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Because spirituality has nothing to do with the material world ?

Consultants do think their time is worth money. That's not the kind of people I'm looking for if I want to chat about these topics.

I just choose who I talk to about this matter. Because I can.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Indigo/Crystal is just a description of a culture I fit in to.

I'm ok with that
Just don't ask me to look at you as someone who has more "skills" than the vast majority of people on earth.

You just have "different" skills. Make good use of them. An never forget you may learn a lot from "the other ones".

"For a real-life perspective: "we" sense each other, and generally a smile or nod, or energy interaction on some level is all that's done."

BTW, I feel I have a lot in common with NotAgain. I can share a smile with him. Does that mean we belong to the same "group" ? What color is our aura ? I guess he's like me... human.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Are you implying that all people who claim to be Indigo/Crystal are diagnosable as grandiose and/or narcissistic?

In fact, let's kick this up a notch because you are a moderator on this site!

I find it absurd and irresponsible that you post something like that - claiming a Psychological diagnosis, NOT ONLY on people whom you've never met, but on ONE criteria of behavior!! Simply out of line.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Skyfloating

Are you implying that all people who claim to be Indigo/Crystal are diagnosable as grandiose and/or narcissistic?

In fact, let's kick this up a notch because you are a moderator on this site!

I find it absurd and irresponsible that you post something like that - claiming a Psychological diagnosis, NOT ONLY on people whom you've never met, but on ONE criteria of behavior!! Simply out of line.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]

Has your ego just been hurt ? Your not so different from me in the end...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Same question to you: Do you feel it's ok to diagnose people whom you've never met with DSM Axis I/II diagnoses?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Same question to you: Do you feel it's ok to diagnose people whom you've never met with DSM Axis I/II diagnoses?

Do you feel like you know me enough to say I don't have the skills and traits you say you have ?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Because spirituality has nothing to do with the material world ?

Consultants do think their time is worth money. That's not the kind of people I'm looking for if I want to chat about these topics.

I just choose who I talk to about this matter. Because I can.

Actually, the spiritual and the physical are fundamentally identical. I don't believe in magick. I don't believe in religon. Everything has a material componant. Everything. Spirituality relies on the the material for its very existance and its ultimate validation. Spirituality is sensual. It is experienced somatically. Without the material, there would be not expression of, or experiential interface with, spirituality on any level.

Churches? Electricity? Heat? I think all of these things were in the last church I visited...what about rent, utility bills, opperational overhead? All of it comes from the material.

The churches of the world have amasses tremendous wealth. The monks, etc are on that payroll and depend on the body of the church for their sustinance. Unless they have managed to exist on sunshine and rainwater...somebody, somewhere is paying the bills. There are no true service industries. I challenge you to find a single example of someone that is totally outside of the material world in the pursuit and service of spirituality. Ever heard of tithing? I'm just sayin... it's even a basic rule for most organizations.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join