It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

page: 15
60
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts


Has your ego just been hurt ? Your not so different from me in the end...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]


Now I see the motivation and the reason you have been relentless in this thread. I am a mental health professional. I have been so for decades.
Tranference and counter transference, projection.... you might want to see someone about that, especially if you are throwing around psychiatric diagnostic info out of context. Your neurosis is showing




posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
The churches of the world have amasses tremendous wealth. The monks, etc are on that payroll and depend on the body of the church for their sustinance. Unless they have managed to exist on sunshine and rainwater...somebody, somewhere is paying the bills. There are no true service industries. I challenge you to find a single example of someone that is totally outside of the material world in the pursuit and service of spirituality. Ever heard of tithing? I'm just sayin... it's even a basic rule for most organizations.


So for you the people and the organization they work for are the same ?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
especially if you are throwing around psychiatric diagnostic info out of context.


Just show me where.



[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Originally posted by PapaKrok
The churches of the world have amasses tremendous wealth. The monks, etc are on that payroll and depend on the body of the church for their sustinance. Unless they have managed to exist on sunshine and rainwater...somebody, somewhere is paying the bills. There are no true service industries. I challenge you to find a single example of someone that is totally outside of the material world in the pursuit and service of spirituality. Ever heard of tithing? I'm just sayin... it's even a basic rule for most organizations.


So for you the people and the organization they work for are the same ?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]


I am saying this:
They are being compensated for their spiritual services.
This compensation is in material form.
There are no true service industries, even religion.

I would go even further and suggest that, because they rely on the organization for this material sustinance, they also subject their own spiritual insight to the dogma adhered to by the parent organization.
Otherwise, they risk sanction and possible loss of material support.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by PapaKrok]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Originally posted by PapaKrok
especially if you are throwing around psychiatric diagnostic info out of context.


Just show me where.


Are you twelve? Really?
The statement on narcicism, for example...

Take some time, study, get the facts straight for your arguement and come back to the table. Maybe you should go see a priest and ask how they put bread on the table. Maybe you should pick up a copy of the DSM V TR and actually look at psychaitric criteria. Just a suggestion.


[edit on 22-4-2010 by PapaKrok]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaKrok
 


Whatever.

P.S. : I'm relentless in this thread because where I live the "indigo" fad has been linked to cult/sect, and it's proven, while in the US laws forbid people to even call them like that. Like the "church" of scientology.

Just different cultures...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Originally posted by PapaKrok
especially if you are throwing around psychiatric diagnostic info out of context.


Just show me where.


Are you twelve? Really?
The statement on narcicism, for example...

Take some time, study, get the facts straight for your arguement and come back to the table. Maybe you should go see a priest and ask how they put bread on the table. Maybe you should pick up a copy of the DSM V TR and actually look at psychaitric criteria. Just a suggestion.


[edit on 22-4-2010 by PapaKrok]


Why do you think I said Thermo Klein is not so different from me ? I know me flaws


But there is one difference. I don't like people who take themselves too seriously


[edit on 23-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts
reply to post by PapaKrok
 


Whatever.

P.S. : I'm relentless in this thread because where I live the "indigo" fad has been linked to cult/sect, and it's proven, while in the US your laws forbid people to even call them like that. Like the "church" of scientology.

Just different cultures...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]


I think ALL religon has that element within it. That is why I choose not to participate. I charge for my services up front, openly. I don't try to disguise it in the details.

I'm not aware of the laws you are talking about...most everyone here thinks of them as a cult and finds them kinda laughable. Apples and oranges. JWs and Mormons as well...

The New Age movement really isn't that organized and is pretty much dictated by the individual. A lot of it is based on transindental practices taken from Eastern context. There are some BS pushers, but you get that anywhere, even in the guts of Christainity.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
I'm not aware of the laws you are talking about...


Sacrosanct "freedom of speech".

But I guess it's a good thing in most cases. When not involving racism or segregation.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Originally posted by PapaKrok

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Originally posted by PapaKrok
especially if you are throwing around psychiatric diagnostic info out of context.


Just show me where.


Are you twelve? Really?
The statement on narcicism, for example...

Take some time, study, get the facts straight for your arguement and come back to the table. Maybe you should go see a priest and ask how they put bread on the table. Maybe you should pick up a copy of the DSM V TR and actually look at psychaitric criteria. Just a suggestion.


[edit on 22-4-2010 by PapaKrok]


Why do you think I said Thermo Klein is not so different than me ? I know me flaws


But there is one difference. I don't like people who took themselves too seriously


[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]


So then, it's really amatter of validation and not related to the actual Indigo / Crystal issue?

Here's the truth...we are not all equally unique snowflakes. The prison I work for is full of people whos mama's told them they were unique and amazing without requiring effort or any kind of external proof for validation of this "specialness". Are you trying to tell me that these people, here in these walls for raping babies and goats are my equals in a spiritual respect? Is everyone equal? Really?

Can anyone be in the NBA?
Can anyone make a hit album?
Or a movie? Or a priceless work of art?
God, man. Think about what you are saying...
Someof us have dedicated our lives to this, to the pursuit of something deeper and infinitely more rewarding spiritually. We have dedicated hours to practice. Changed our diets, studied hundreds of books and traditions... how does that make us equal with someone that sits and watches ESPN all day with a beer in hand?

Apply that to higher education and the gulf between motivated seeker and passive experiencer becomes glaring...



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts
 


Same question to you: Do you feel it's ok to diagnose people whom you've never met with DSM Axis I/II diagnoses?


Do you feel like you know me enough to say I don't have the skills and traits you say you have ?


I think maybe my question was misunderstood, likely because you're in Belgium and would be using a different source for Psychological information, were you to look it up. The DSM is the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual; it's used to find out precisely what a diagnosis means.

My question to our moderator was how in the world could ANYONE expect to be able to diagnose a person he or she has never met. I can't do this, no one should! It's a ridiculous idea. Yet, Skyfloating placed an inflammatory description of grandiosity and nascissism in our thread, so I called him (her?) on it.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
Here's the truth...we are not all equally unique snowflakes. The prison I work for is full of people whos mama's told them they were unique and amazing without requiring effort or any kind of external proof for validation of this "specialness". Are you trying to tell me that these people, here in these walls for raping babies and goats are my equals in a spiritual respect? Is everyone equal? Really?


You put words in mouth. I'm trying to say that, if I may use your sentence : "people whos mama's told them they were unique and amazing without requiring effort or any kind of external proof for validation of this "specialness"" are not automatically "further in the spiritual process".

Sooooo, this indigo mythology is maybe not a good thing after all...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
My question to our moderator was how in the world could ANYONE expect to be able to diagnose a person he or she has never met. I can't do this, no one should! It's a ridiculous idea. Yet, Skyfloating placed an inflammatory description of grandiosity and nascissism in our thread, so I called him (her?) on it.
[edit on 22-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]


My question to you is how do you know that the indigo mythology is the only way to explain the traits and skills you seem to possess ?

If the answer is "there is no way to know for sure", then the title of the thread is correct. "Indigo children" is all about pseudo science.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
BTW, it seems no one dares to prove me wrong about the Kryon cult I mentionned a few pages earlier.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts


My question to you is how do you know that the indigo mythology is the only way to explain the traits and skills you seem to possess ?

If the answer is "there is no way to know for sure", then the title of the thread is correct. "Indigo children" is all about pseudo science.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]


Semantics, really. Like "child of god" or "chosen people"...
Thankfully it is just a cultural construct, an expression of cultural bound theory and semantic application to classification of a specific set of criteria. Very subjective.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

The Indigo mythology ISN'T the only way to describe any of this: the abilites have been around for thousands of years. I don't have these abilities because I'm an Indigo/Crystal. I have various abilities through meditation, from birth and upbringing for whatever reason. My idea of Indigo and why I feel in that camp [Indigo/Crystal/Rainbow, ect] is because many of my core motivations and abilities line up with a large group of similar people who also have the same list of abilities and traits. Because this group has been recognized and named it is part of our culture.

If a person works on cars in a garage, has a natural inclination to works with his hands, has a knack for understanding engineering princliples, likes to get oil and muck on his hands, etc - we are probably going to call him a mechanic.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts


My question to you is how do you know that the indigo mythology is the only way to explain the traits and skills you seem to possess ?

If the answer is "there is no way to know for sure", then the title of the thread is correct. "Indigo children" is all about pseudo science.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]


Semantics, really. Like "child of god" or "chosen people"...
Thankfully it is just a cultural construct, an expression of cultural bound theory and semantic application to classification of a specific set of criteria. Very subjective.


Excepted that it's linked to a cult.

Sorry I have to leave but I find it sad no one wants to discuss about Kryon and Lee Carrol, since they created the modern Indigo archetype.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Because this group has been recognized and named.


By whom ???? That's the heart of the matter. Really !

Peace to you. I have to go.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts
 


I don't doubt that Kryon exists. I don't doubt they use channeling and that they believe what they are doing is just fine.

From the Kryon website:


The Kryon work is not a membership organization. There is nothing to join, and we do not ask for your email to enter this site or to visit any page. We are not a non-profit organization, so there is no page that will ever ask for donations.



I'm a channeler. I learned decades ago that I can't trust the information 100% so I don't use that as a tool. I gave up the New Age community because they tend to not use any sort of scientific method or even phenomenology to find similarity in what they talk about. I gave it up and went back to school! Six years later... NOW I can talk about it because I have hooked up the EEGs and galvanic skin response meters and seen the responses change when someone is Astral, doing distance healing, etc.

I'm not saying all spirituality should align with the scientific method, but unfortunately when that's the norm for our world people find it very easy to rip you apart if you say "I just feel it."


[edit on 22-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Because this group has been recognized and named.


By whom ???? That's the heart of the matter. Really !

Peace to you. I have to go.


We wouldn't be having this conversation if it didn't have a name. I'm not implying everyone agrees it's is a true phenomenon.




top topics



 
60
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

log in

join