It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Did I miss something here, that this topic is about hatred? It's about labels and if they are right or wrong, offensive or not.

Jealousy has nothing to do with the topic at hand, unless people are jealous of not being labeled.

Personally, I don't find the label to be offensive, but, children who are labeled so, do consider themselves special in a way, that makes the label questionable.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It seems that racism is alive and kicking in the world of auras. Indigo is the best. We are the smartest, unlike you mere Reds, but you're not as stupid as those Greens

So the future looks like a bunch of self-righteous, ego-bloated Indigo Imperialists will be ruling the masses...instead of white...

fixed typo

[edit on 21/4/2010 by itchy_tartan_blanket]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
@ unityemissions

Do you always make huge assumptions based on this type of logic? Let's break it down...

Originally posted by unityemissions
I don't think there's anything to the indigo children, bs.
Just look to it's origins. Someone who wanted to make bank off a new concept. She coined it, created a book, and the fad took off.

Most things start off with an idea, publication, acceptance, and making money. That doesn't negate anything.

There's really nothing scientific about this. Has anyone ever proved that a supposed indigo will always present a blue/purple "aura" from krilian photography?

Who said it needs to always be blue/purple? Did you even consult someone who is able to sense/see auras? What about the three levels of structural aura that DO stay the same?

Why? Because the heat signature is constantly fluctuating.

Since when did proof of auras have anything to do with heat signature? Sure it's assumed to be some electromagnetic frequency, but then, isn't EVERYTHING??

Debunked. Really not difficult, guys. ... No hocus pocus necessary.

It's baheviors like this that spawn ignorance and allow other people to mindlessly buy into what you're selling.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by quango

I see a lot of hate directed towards Indigos on ATS , and although those who claim to be such often don't do themselves any favors in the manner in which they present themselves, I don't really understand where the hate comes from. Shouldn't people have the right to believe whatever they'd like?

OP, I'm not referring to your thread here, but aren't these rather pointless and mean-spirited attacks that Indigos (as well as Christians, UFO believers, or any of the other countless groups of people online and off) endure more divisive than the beliefs themselves?

This was on page one. I was replying to this point of discussion.
And yes people insisting that they don't exist is a part of that attack in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Its not about the label. its about debating their existence which is what you are doing here. I can't understand how you can call your child indigo and then insist that they don't exist all in the same thread.
It's as contradicting as the bible.
Thou shalt not kill.. unless it is a sacrifice to god.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Okay, I'll say this and then that's the last I will say here.

IF you can heal people become a doctor, or simply go to hospitals, clinics, disaster areas, whatever. Since you say you can Thermo Klein, maybe instead of debating the label you call yourself and defending it (as Shakespeare said "(the lady) doth protest too much") GO USE your gift(s).

They would seem a bit squandered posting on ATS.

BTW my avatar has a pretty aura, no?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
EDIT:Wrong thread, sry

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Why would you even come to the conclusion I am not out there helping. Maybe - offering healing, providing therapy, running groups, creating experimental methods for ESP research, taking action... for your information I am.

This already came up earlier in the thread, by the way. This thread is about the labeling and existence of the Indigo phenomenon. What I do in my personal and professional time has little to do with it.

You've been after me for page after page here - is there something about this that really strikes home with you? Have you been labeled some way or another? I don't think it's about denying ignorance, there seems to be some real anger at me - do you sense that?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Its not about the label. its about debating their existence which is what you are doing here. I can't understand how you can call your child indigo and then insist that they don't exist all in the same thread.
It's as contradicting as the bible.
Thou shalt not kill.. unless it is a sacrifice to god.

You clearly did not read my reply.

I NEVER said my child was an Indigo. I said if you look at the qualifications I COULD call him that if I so chose to label him. I do not.

It is about the label. I don't think that Indigo's exist based on the "qualifications" presented.

They are just kids, people like you and me. Just smarter and more empathetic along with an increased awareness.

They are NO different than you or me at the very basic level.

Made of flesh, made of sand, just like you man.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by PapaKrok

I don't think Humans NEED to evolve, let alone ever will. We are perfect machines. The meat suit you are in that is. Your mind is all that can evolve, and even then you're not "evolving" your just learning how to use more of it at the same time.

Really? We are constantly evolving...getting bigger, fatter, stronger, smarter... natural selection, genetic mutation...our entire immune system, our ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, the ability to keep up with rapid changes in technology, all of these are mechanisms of evolution and mutation. We are at a point, as a species, where evolution will become increasingly willful and will be a function of choice through the selective application of technology.

The human body is perfect? I'm not even gonna touch that one. No sense in poking a creationist with a stick. Faith, it seems, is conveniently ignorant of fact and evidence based proof.

I"m not a creationist, don't worry.

And no, mixing technology with the human body is NOT evolution. That's innovation and invention.

You'd think if we needed to evolve we'd have done some in the past 200 thousand years. No so much apparently.

Sure there's genetics and mutations and errors that occur, but I don't see anybody growing a third arm, or millions being born with webbed feet or something of that nature.

BTW, we aren't getting faster, smarter. We sure are getting fatter and more ignorant because we willfully POISON ourselves, mind, body and soul.

There's no denying that.

We are not in harmony with nature, our spirits or even our fellow brethren, therefore IMO you can only move backwards in that way.

~Keeper

Where are you getting your info?
We are taller, smarter and live longer than our ancesters.
We are healthier.
We are beginning to interbreed and are creating a more homogonized species.
Part and parcel of evolution is access to and use of tools. There are many aspects to evolution from biological to spiritual. We are continuing to evolve in all areas. The process is changing. We are evolving through sheer force of will. Mostly through the use of technology. Medicine, science, technology are all moving at exponential speed and we are the driving force. That, my friend, is the very definition of evolution.

I think you are confused with Darwin theory of natural selection. In that case, even a rapid mutation moves somewhere at the rate of thousands of years. Two hundred years would not be enough time to accurately determine a true variant.

Some of the things we have introduced have had some unhealthy side effects. Everyone likes to point to chemicals like flouride and scream "poison", but when is the last time you heard of anyone dying from and abscessed tooth for christ's sake? Vaccinations? Who dies of the pox or plague anymore? We HAVE evolved. That is documentable.

I'm sure you have opposable thumbs capable of holding a book. You should look into that sometimes instead of applying truthiness. Plenty of evidence. Plenty of empirical studies....

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You are correct,the way things are now,there are no winners or losers,we all deserve equal consideration because we were born at all.

Pfffffft.....

This type of conditioning works well for the people who work hard to destroy your life for their own gain now,today.

Hispanics pronounce the word "winners",more like "wieners",which in my humble opinion,is more truthful,and to the point

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
I kind of agree I think.

We see it also with ADD/the broadening of the autism spectrum diagnoses, and things like that. If a child isn't seen as 'normal', then people need some reason, or label to make them feel they understand it.

I think in a way, we've become less tolerant, and our view of what is 'normal' has been narrowed.

It reminds me a bit of some conspiracy thinking, it seems we humans have some kind of inbuilt need for an answer to every question. Sometimes those answers may be correct, but it's probably more about filling that gap and at least being able to offer some reason.

You haven't seen the draft for the DSM V then I see. They actually narrowed the definition of Autism Spectrum Disorder, knocked off PDD-NOS and incorporates Aspergers into the .0 diagnosis.

Autistic children range from average intellegence to very smart just as anyone else, what sets them apart simply is that their brains run faster, and the body cannot keep up, hence the sensory overload that you hear about, I have 2 of them running around so I see it quite a lot, simple things that wouldn't bother us, severely bother them, and vice versa, something like a hot stove element (I'm lucky neither of them have actually done this as they still don't grasp the concept of hot/cold) wouldn't phase them if they grabbed it.

It's purely from what I can see a sensory issue, brain runs faster than body can keep up, senses overloaded and can't handle the extra input, body shuts down to a point. That's just personal observation though.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I've got aspergers and have researched it consideraby. It's really not as easy as you put it. There truly is brain damage, I'm afraid to inform you. The brains are rewired differently. Some things we process much faster than other people, other things we process so slow as to be thought of as actually retarded!

Have you tried nutritional therapy? Taking high doses of specific vitamins helped me considerably. Zinc, b3, b6, and lecithin will help with sensory overload and oversensitivities. I can hear things from a mile a way, and it sounds just as loud as the person speaking directly in front of me. It waxes and wanes, but overall nutrient therapy has been a blessing of sorts.

Check out this thread as well. It seems the culprit may be mycoplasma.

myco

What bothers me most is certain types of textures, both on clothing, feet (ground) , and what I eat. Also certain sounds, like hissing. What other people can barely hear, I feel like it's blaring in my mind, and the thoughts go a million miles an hour uncontrollably! Also, putting my feet in the sand with water like in the ocean, OMG!! The senstion is entirely ubearable. It feels like lightning is shooting through me, and I'm gonna explode!!

I calculate cetain things at what most would observe to be a genius level, but other things like certain forms of humor, or processing certain emotions I'm incedibly slow at. Parts of the brain has atrophied, and others have hypertrophied. Neural plasticity is probably what provides the savant skills seen in many autistics.

Peace.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Purple - the colour of rage.

Yep. That seems about right.

[edit on 2010/4/21 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Very interesting info
thank you, like I said it was just personal observations from watching the kids and how they reacted to things / solved problems /etc, I have absolutely ZERO medical training and am just kind of winging through it with them and learning as I go along, so I hope you weren't offended by my comment.

The texture thing I can say I see every day, it's very prevalent with water on these two, one drop can send them into hour long overloads.

NO I had not tried nutritional therapy as of yet, they are progressing, slowly, btu progressing with the structure of schooling and assistance, both at home and at school, so I was hoping that they would at least "level out" so to speak to a point where they may not progress fast, but still continue to grow and learn, however they may do it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
OP I think you miss the point on Indigo Children. The children themselves do not request this label. It as an alternative label than simply dismissing them as behavioral issues, or learning problems. Do you have any idea what it is like to be called stupid, or having behavioral issues when you do not understand the world from the point of view of current society? I suppose I could author a thread that stated:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CONSPIRACY THEORIST! YUP IT'S TRUE!

Because there isn't any such thing as either an indigo child or a conspiracy theorist. Neither actually exist. They are labels to describe a person. A conspiracy theorist can be an open mind to some, to others a nut job. The same is true about indigo's. An indigo can be thought of as a spiritually driven person to some, or someone in need of a label to identify them as special to others. Neither label matters. In the life of an Indigo, labels are of this world and designed only for those that cannot think in three dimensions.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

No, not in the least. I realize that there is very little information which the public is aware of, and that many parents of autistics already have a lot on their plate, so it can be hard to spend the time necessary to get to the bottom of this. I also realize that we are a little damaged, different, and special, too!
So understand when people speak in terms of us being different. Many of my friends are somewhere on the spectrum. I have to deal with their eccentricities, too!

Please, though. Check out that thread, and look into Orthomolecular Therapy when you get the chance. Nutrients, digestive enzymes, and probiotics help ALOT! If you would like, send me a u2u and I will give you more details.

(sorry for writing off-topic)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Gosh. You think in three dimensions? That's amazing. Tell me more. I've been stuck in this 2D non-Avatar-Imax experience of being flat. The brain only renders images in thoughts in single quark depths. Perhaps you could lead us to a better way.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
From the horses mouth. The indigo.com site from the authors of the books.

Wikipedia says they are... you guessed it... psychic New Age kids with dark blue auras... the very misinformation that we have been trying to correct in mass media for a decade.

The Indigo Children are a main-stream issue. They were named by a woman (Nancy Tappe) who is a synesthete (one who has synethesia), and not by a psychic who saw an aura. In fact, auras have nothing whatsoever to do with Indigo Children. We believe these children are the beginning of a new consciousness, an actual change in Human nature, and many around the world are also seeing it. Educators, day-care workers, and parents are all stepping up to the plate to become advocates of this phenomenon. In the last 10 years, the Indigo Books have sold almost one million copies in 24 languages... humanity is obviously relating to this issue in very large numbers.

So, aura had nothing whatsoever to do with Indigo Children according to those who invented the idea. They are in fact presented as the next stage of human evolution and almost deified.

You had it right in the OP.

Also, one million copies of the books have sold meaning there is a large amount of money on the line here.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Two thumbs up

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join