It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Also in the smaller print on the bottom it breaks T&C.

Just saying in addition to already being offensive.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Indigo Kids, eh? I think it's merely a label. Here's some more labeling action for ya: How much you wanna bet that most "indigo children" have parents who are "hippies" or "former hippies" who "smoked a lot of pot" in their youth, who ascribe to "new age philosophies" and all that business?

I think it's just another device to shun responsibility for your own actions. "Oh, my child isn't socially inept and behaviorally maladjusted, he's an INDIGO CHILD, so it's not my responsibility to figure out what's really wrong." Okay, narcissistic pothead, whatever you say.

and you probally think that homosexuality is a life style choice.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Not really I laughed out loud, does that make me sick. No because I didn't laugh at the poor dude in the Pic, I laughed at the meaning because it's pretty much spot on.

OK so I might be a little sick

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Some thought it was funny, some thought it's offensive.

It really doesn't make fun of handicapped people. All it is implying that arguing on the net is stupid. But if it offended someone, I'll remove it.

Damn..

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Debating a subject doesn't mean anyone is offended. Debating it is simply trying to get to the truth of the matter.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
Some thought it was funny, some thought it's offensive.

It really doesn't make fun of handicapped people. All it is implying that arguing on the net is stupid. But if it offended someone, I'll remove it.

Damn..

I get it man,

The quote does on some level apply, the whole arguing with people on the internet. It's really the word retarted and the picture itself I had issues with.

No sweat though, you obviously didn't mean to offend.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I've respected a lot of what you've said in this thread.

I think that learning to not post pictures like that, or not judge someone for any number of reasons comes with experience. I assume it's safe to say you'll think before you post a picture like that again. Done deal eh?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Yeah yeah, now get back to the subject
->

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigohazmat

Indigo Kids, eh? I think it's merely a label. Here's some more labeling action for ya: How much you wanna bet that most "indigo children" have parents who are "hippies" or "former hippies" who "smoked a lot of pot" in their youth, who ascribe to "new age philosophies" and all that business?

I think it's just another device to shun responsibility for your own actions. "Oh, my child isn't socially inept and behaviorally maladjusted, he's an INDIGO CHILD, so it's not my responsibility to figure out what's really wrong." Okay, narcissistic pothead, whatever you say.

and you probally think that homosexuality is a life style choice.

Ooooh, wrong again. Nice try jumping to that conclusion, though.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

My parents were uptight Republicans

They had NO IDEA what to say or think of me when at 4 years old I was talking about "before, when I was an old man", or why the letter "A" should be green instead of blue...

You're making a big assumption on something you obviously haven't studied.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

My parents were uptight Republicans

They had NO IDEA what to say or think of me when at 4 years old I was talking about "before, when I was an old man", or why the letter "A" should be green instead of blue...

You're making a big assumption on something you obviously haven't studied.

You know, my post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but I knew it would not be taken as such by people who identify with the lifestyle I described. Interesting how you call your parents "uptight Republicans". Shall I assume from that statement that you are not a Republican? Since we're assuming...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I can't imagine how my political stance has any impact on this thread but - and really, let's not derail this - I think choosing a party is just another way of seperating the masses. I don't choose a party.

U2U me if necessary, let's not bring this into the thread any more than it is.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The thing about considering oneself to be 'special and different in a great way' is that it doesn't really matter to anyone but you. Have you noticed that ?

It grabs attention within one's own small circle as a child -- parents for instance who draw attention to the fruit of their loins. But when the child becomes adult and has to succeed or fail in the Big World, they discover that as with everything else, the proof of the pudding is in the eating

So, regardless of how different-and-special the individual might believe himself to be, unless that opinion is shared by those with whom he/she interacts and unless the 'specialness' is productive and contributes to the life of the individual and others --- then it's a very small show indeed, with the Special One discovering he's promoting himself to an audience of one (him/herself) or perhaps including those now ageing and adoring parents

Right now, as all through history, people with extraordinary abilities have been thrown up by each generation. People who could/can read with their nose, for example, or those who could/can 'see' words in colour, those who had/have natural healing abilities, etc. There are people like that in Siberia now, and in India or tiny British counties. They've always existed. But apart from occasionally being studied or featuring in 'odd news' snippits, they're still required to earn a living, etc. Then they grow old and die in obscurity. And the next generation comes along. It's the same for those who can run or swim faster than anyone else on earth. Until someone faster comes along.
Until a new 'label' is applied

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hatred of the people who fit the description for indigo or crystal stems solely from JEALOUSY.

"What makes you so special?" is the mindset of the individuals who fight so hard against the idea that people like that exist or that they are different in any way from others.

Here is something to chew on.. no one ever said they were BETTER than anyone else. Just different. Different is always persecuted in society.. so I guess they should expect this. Try to keep in mind that wikki is user generated content. It is a flawed source of facts. Also keep in mind that these people were born this way and did not ask for it.. they had no choice in the matter. Some of them may turn their backs on their gifts and nature because of fear of this ridicule. Give em a break and just let them live their lives.

Leave your jealousy at the door and just accept them for who they are.. they don't hate you.. so stop hating on them.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Hatred of the people who fit the description for indigo or crystal stems solely from JEALOUSY.

"What makes you so special?" is the mindset of the individuals who fight so hard against the idea that people like that exist or that they are different in any way from others.

Here is something to chew on.. no one ever said they were BETTER than anyone else. Just different. Different is always persecuted in society.. so I guess they should expect this. Try to keep in mind that wikki is user generated content. It is a flawed source of facts. Also keep in mind that these people were born this way and did not ask for it.. they had no choice in the matter. Some of them may turn their backs on their gifts and nature because of fear of this ridicule. Give em a break and just let them live their lives.

Leave your jealousy at the door and just accept them for who they are.. they don't hate you.. so stop hating on them.

Those are strong words to be throwing around. Jealous and hatefull eh?

My OP included none of those things.

I left this information out of the OP but I'll post it now.

My son is considered an "Indigo" child. He's 14, has an IQ of 150 and has ALL of the "gifts" that go along with the Indigo Label. My problem is with the label.

I asked him about it yesterday, if he thought he was an Indigo Child and he told me he didnt' need to be boxed in by being called anything else than a human being.

ETA: Also, I understand how sketchy Wiki can be when it comes to stuff like this, but I wanted referenced material, which Wiki provides and most other websites about the subject do not.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/21/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Hear hear.

It's amazing how people people are so quick to shoot down. I don't know if they're "special", just different. We all are. I strongly believe this is just part of the "spiritual" evolution, they are just the new breed. That's very cool IMO.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Attention...

Inhabitants and visitors to the following thread:

There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

Please stay on topic, mthere is nothing else to discuss, particularly a poor choice of internet imagery.

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't get why this is so hard to understand. A lot has changed in the last couple of generations. Our society, culture, diets, sense of morality, parenting styles, etc..Through these changes, kids are also being culture differently. They seem to be a new bunch, especially the more eccentric, but no, I don't think there's anything to the indigo children, bs.

Just look to it's origins. Someone who wanted to make bank off a new concept. She coined it, created a book, and the fad took off. There's really nothing scientific about this. Has anyone ever proved that a supposed indigo will always present a blue/purple "aura" from krilian photography? No. Why? Because the heat signature is constantly fluctuating. Debunked.

Really not difficult, guys. I find that people who claim to be indigo, or have indigo kids, are just narcissists. They just want to feel special, because they are really insecure deep down. No hocus pocus necessary.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Indigo Children is just more pampering of our children, George Carlin puts the point across brilliantly.

Mods I know this is a link to a Comedian but what he puts across is very true and very on topic. WARNING: Contains foul language

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join