It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts
I would'nt go as far as that
It's just it can be very troubling for them. I have to explain how I'm deducing things I know about them, otherwise they have that "burn the witch" look in their eyes

What kind of things? You mean like psychoanalysis?

2nd.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

I don't believe in the "supernatural".. I think everything IS explainable by science. But that doesn't mean that what we call "supernatural" didn't exist. They are probably just aspects of nature we don't yet understand.

I'm a pure scientist. I'm an engineer working in a company building particle accelerators. So yes, science is my religion too.

But I can assure you there are aspects of nature that can get a scientist crazy. They just ignore them

As for me, well let's say I became a bit crazy

[edit on 21-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I believe that some children will show more signs of evolution than other children simply because not all generations are started at the same time.

I was think along those lines,

My husband always had a natural talent for repairing cars, he can fix anything,

Now as I stated earlier my son has a natural talent for computers,

so it does look like evolution of some kind to me,

what do you think?

[edit on 093030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

Don't want to burst your bubble, but almost ALL kids have a natural talent for computers today...

Yes some kids are more intelligent than others. They learn more quickly, they are curious, and ask strange questions to their parents.

What is this having to do with evolution ? What proof is there that there are more intelligent kids today ? There were only stupid kids 100 years ago ?

Sorry if I seem rude, I just don't get the logic of others sometimes.

NO problem I was just wondering, and yes they all do.

All my bubbles have already been burst BTW, LOL

[edit on 103030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

I would'nt go as far as that
It's just it can be very troubling for them. I have to explain how I'm deducing things I know about them, otherwise they have that "burn the witch" look in their eyes

What kind of things? You mean like psychoanalysis?

2nd.

I don't know, I never studied psychology. I'm just good at noticing small details and deducting things. Very quickly. But it's not only with people.

Also I love to play and I'm a good bluffer and comedian. If I want to fool someone into making him believe I know "things" about him, I can.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFartsI can assure you there are aspects of nature that can get a scientist crazy. They just ignore them

That is why they won't probably make too good scientists. I think it was Albert who said it's very important for a scientist to have imagination.

I've read some science forums, and they are constantly fighting and competing. When someone blows out some radical theory, they all attack him like sharks, like he was some heathen or something.

Unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

This is ALL indigo children. HUMANS of above average intelligence and perception. Labelling these children as anything else is doing them a giant disservice.

Do you believe that humans will never evolve?

If humans do evolve, don't you think we will notice it in children first?

If humans do evolve, do you think the entire population would evolve at the same time? Or maybe small groups who are born first?

Personally, I believe it is possible for humans to evolve mentally, and physically in very small amounts, every time they reproduce. This would mean every new generation is an evolution of the last.

I believe that some children will show more signs of evolution than other children simply because not all generations are started at the same time. This would mean a small group of children WILL be more evolved than others at any given moment in time.

This supports the idea of indigos.

I don't think Humans NEED to evolve, let alone ever will. We are perfect machines. The meat suit you are in that is. Your mind is all that can evolve, and even then you're not "evolving" your just learning how to use more of it at the same time.

Quite the difference.

A higher IQ would suggest that people have more control over their brain functions or are more "perceptive" as I stated in the OP. However what is considered "higher than average" IQ?

100 to 114. 35% of the population subscribe to this, give or take a few percentage points depending on where you look.

Lower than average IQ is actually at the same exact place. 85 to 99 IQ, again 34% of the population.

Source

So right there, that's 70% of the population that are either just above or below what we consider "average" IQ. Even then, those scores are abysmal.

So no, I don't think that the children are "evolving". I think our society is systematically making our children more ignorant and stupid.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Semantics. That's all it is. Indigo. Crystal. ADHD. Autistic. ODD. All of it is semantics. We think nothing of labeling and medicating to eliminate unpopular behaviors, especially in male children, and that is deemed appropriate. We have been in the "unique snowflake" mode for decades now. Interesting that the occultists are so inflamed over semantics. They, of all people, should understand the power of words.

NOTE: Every philosophy, science, belief or theory on this planet originated with a single individual at some point in time. If you are going to discount an idea by citing its solitary source, then nothing is ultimately true. Semantics. The crystal / indigo movement is attempting to assign meaning to a specific set of operational traits. If they had used more scientific lingo, and deemed these traits detrimental, they might have been given a subsection in the DSM V. I'm just sayin...

What about words like gifted, special, honor student, talented, genius, successful, etc.? Semantics used to assign meening to traits deemed appropriate / inappropriate for any given cultural bound belief at any given nexus in time and space. BS really, but that is what we do as humans. We put things in neat little piles and give them names.

Let them call it what they wish. They are only words.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No evolution?

Really? We are constantly evolving...getting bigger, fatter, stronger, smarter... natural selection, genetic mutation...our entire immune system, our ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, the ability to keep up with rapid changes in technology, all of these are mechanisms of evolution and mutation. We are at a point, as a species, where evolution will become increasingly willful and will be a function of choice through the selective application of technology.

The human body is perfect? I'm not even gonna touch that one. No sense in poking a creationist with a stick. Faith, it seems, is conveniently ignorant of fact and evidence based proof.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by PapaKrok]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok

I don't think Humans NEED to evolve, let alone ever will. We are perfect machines. The meat suit you are in that is. Your mind is all that can evolve, and even then you're not "evolving" your just learning how to use more of it at the same time.

Really? We are constantly evolving...getting bigger, fatter, stronger, smarter... natural selection, genetic mutation...our entire immune system, our ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, the ability to keep up with rapid changes in technology, all of these are mechanisms of evolution and mutation. We are at a point, as a species, where evolution will become increasingly willful and will be a function of choice through the selective application of technology.

The human body is perfect? I'm not even gonna touch that one. No sense in poking a creationist with a stick. Faith, it seems, is conveniently ignorant of fact and evidence based proof.

I"m not a creationist, don't worry.

And no, mixing technology with the human body is NOT evolution. That's innovation and invention.

You'd think if we needed to evolve we'd have done some in the past 200 thousand years. No so much apparently.

Sure there's genetics and mutations and errors that occur, but I don't see anybody growing a third arm, or millions being born with webbed feet or something of that nature.

BTW, we aren't getting faster, smarter. We sure are getting fatter and more ignorant because we willfully POISON ourselves, mind, body and soul.

There's no denying that.

We are not in harmony with nature, our spirits or even our fellow brethren, therefore IMO you can only move backwards in that way.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yea this New Age Indigo children crap sounds like some agenda to take people away from the real science to some illusion in the mind. I have seen many New Agers doubt real facts because it goes against that illusion in there mind, they claim they are full of infinite wisdom and can travel through different dimensions "Astral Planes" or whatever the hell you want to call them, yet they are sill here arguing and defending their beliefs still full of Ego, still trying to save the rest of us "Negative" Souls....

That's all it's down to "Ego" some people cannot accept they are as equal as the rest of us despite what IQ they have.

The best choice I made was stepping above the New Age Movement, it didn't wake me up one bit, it only deepened my sleep and made the illusion seem even more realistic than it was. Thank god for skeptic
and thank god I questioned what the skeptic had to say.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

It's "skeptic", with a K.

Anyway, it's the certain type of new age hippies who cook stuff like this up. The same people who spread these "predictions" etc. They make websites with comic sans and stick 'em full of pictures of puppies.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Quite the difference.

No, there is no difference. Your mind is a physical object, and all your thoughts are physical actions. If the mind evolves, like you agree, that would mean parts of your "meat suit" are evolving, your brain.

So no, I don't think that the children are "evolving". I think our society is systematically making our children more ignorant and stupid.

~Keeper

The word "evolving" does not suggest a direction. It does not mean "for good" or "for bad". It just means "changing". If you think our society is systematically making our children more ignorant and stupid, then technically you think our society is systematically effecting the evolution of our children. Which is true.

Not all people are going to evolve the same way. Some may evolve for the good, and some for the bad.

You just showed that you think some are evolving for the bad (more dumb). Well, it is equally true that some are evolving for the good (smarter and more able).

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Indigo isn't about human evolution - it's about a change in the perception of what reality currently is.

Once upon a time some person wondered why water from a faucet forms a droplet instead of just pouring out straight away. Eventually it became common knowledge that water is made of H2O; the electromagnetic weak and strong forces, gravity, and water surface tension hold it together in the form of a small ball - a water droplet. This isn't the hand of God or some miracle, it's science.

If you apply the same thing to being human, using Advaita Vedanta, Tibetan Buddhism, quantum physics - we find that being human isn't what we once thought it was. It is a PERCEPTION of reality.

Some people more easily accept that we are all connected and that consciousness and karma guide many aspects of our lives. It is THIS perception that is more real than a bunch of individual beings, totally separate, living in a dead unconnected world. Indigo might be the group of people, NOT who have evolved further as beings, but have allowed an open mind to a hidden science.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I did spell it skeptic but my computer said "NO it's not spelt like that"
Thanks sorted it now.

I don't mind predictions based on text from around 2000+ years ago, especially when people like the Mayans were so educated on planet alignment. I can even accept the possibilities of there being "Doom and Gloom" in 2012, even a few alien dudes showing up because it can be explained by science.

The only predictions I hate are the ones where we are magically going to transform into some fing angles and live on a "New Earth" and that we all have to be nice to one another and love each other in order to raise Earth's vibrational frequency to ascend into another dimension or we are going to burn in hell "What a load of guff"

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I did not say the mind evolved, I said we were simply using more of it at any given time.

The only thing that changes is perception, and understanding. There's no evolution there, you were always ABLE to do these things, you simply just REALIZED you could.

Evolution is physical change. This is not change, it's understanding.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

You had said that the OP's description of "Indigo and Chrystal" people was way off. Here are a couple sites that say pretty much what he said and you refuted.
These sites are by your people, "Indigos" describing what it is:

Metagifted research

What are Indigo children

Characteristics

It seems, Thermo Klein that you add a lot more characteristics to YOUR version of "Indigo".

tothetenthpower WAS well researched on this topic, and these descriptions come from your "own people".

Btw I still think the whole thing is hogwash, see my posts on this early in the thread.

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Skeptic or Sceptic?

"Why do you spell skeptic with a 'K' when the English version is spelt with a 'C'"? is a frequent query.

Well the fact that (British) people notice and remember is one reason!

Skeptics in the USA, and in many other countries throughout the world, have a stronger identity than we have here in the UK thanks to the input of James Randi, Michael Shermer, and Stephen Barrett, to name but a few. Spelling skeptic the same way as they do helps with continuity, as the skeptic community is a world-wide one.

Also, using skeptic rather than sceptic, helps with search engine results as the vast majority of people searching use the American spelling.

The issue is not an important one as both spellings of the word mean exactly the same thing. Some people, however, do try to make a distinction between the two spellings as if they have different meanings: they do not.

The biggest confusion that occurs is where people look up sceptic/skeptic in the dictionary and get the definition of the noun: One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.

To be "a Skeptic" means that the person adheres to the method of scientific skepticism. This is different to being "sceptical" which means to be doubtful.

www.skeptics.org.uk...

Believe it or not, the British spellings are “sceptic” and “scepticism”; the American spellings are “skeptic” and “skepticism.”

www.wsu.edu...

It's said the easiest way to make a few million is to invent a new religion (i.e., L. Ron Hubbard)

Another easy way to amass money quickly is to tell people that they or their children are 'special' (invent 'Indigo' and 'Crystal' people)

Writing a book is faster and easier and more lucrative than operating a 'child talent' studio, where the operator has to tell dozens of parents a day how talented and gifted are little Brod or Ashlee, despite they have two left feet, are criminally ordinary and will most likely remain that way, lifelong

Today's supposed 'Indigo and Crystal' people are simply yesterday's children under new label

There have always been children who were known to be 'older than their years'. But they still had to earn a living and cope with life's problems, disillusionments and injustices. And in many instances they found it harder, not easier, than their peers and generally their ordinary/average peers fared better, in the long run

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks for posting these. It can't be said for sure that these are created or even inspired by Indigo people. The first link there - metagifted - seems like a mega-scam to me... Make your donation now! We need money to pursue our compassionate goal... ya.
Metagifted research

What are Indigo children
This site seems awesome and very aligned with my experience of Indigo/Crystal people. The author does say it's the next step in evolution. I argue that terminology because saying that is a disaster when it comes to social agenda and politics. That very thing is one of the main reasons there's so much animosity toward the classification. A thousand years from now if we look back, AND the human population did have a change in perception it would be looked at as evolution however...

Characteristics
Can't get this link to work, even after copy-paste and trying just the main url.

Concerning the OP - that is not "well researched" ... wikipedia, not including any list of typical behaviors. It's promoting ignorance through stereotypes of a group.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The third link works just fine. I just tried it again. And it says exactly what the OP did. Perhaps you don't WANT to look at it.

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
It seems, Thermo Klein that you add a lot more characteristics to YOUR version of "Indigo".

My list is actually for the Crystal group, although there are enough similarities to bring the two together in this forum.

My list isn't from internet searches, it's from direct experience of Indigo and Crystal people based on interviews and personal life experiences. My Master's program (complete in two months) is on precisely this type of thing - I study consciousness, EEG changes during meditation/OBE/astral, scientific measurement of ESP, etc.

Various abilities have ALWAYS been around, from ancient shamans and religious figures, to healers. Acupuncture could even be disputed because until the last 40 years we couldn't scientifically measure what was going on - but now we can prove it!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join