It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the human eye actually emit an energy beam?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
HOLY SMOKES , this is seriuosly spooky but great find.

At least now we know why the call it "the evil Eye" =D

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

*sigh* PLEASE tell me you didn't just read the article the OP posted and accept it as fact. There have been numerous posts as to why the method in the article is flawed and why the conclusions the author draws are incorrect.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by TheCuriousEngineer]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

you wouldnt be mesmerized by a picture. You definitely know who is and who isnt one of these eye people. You can always tell but cant put the thought to words; because to my knowledge there isnt words in English for it.

Well, i assume this is true. The reason i brought up the picture was to highlight that I had seen what his eyes LOOKED like, and i wouldn't call them anything other than "creepy", like most pictures from that era.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That is fantastic! Now I can pretend I am superman! But seriously, that explains some stuff. But my question now is-do some people have stronger ones than others? I mean, if a person with good vision is staring at you is it stronger than when a person with glasses is staring at you?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, I've only read the first two pages of comments. Sorry, but it is up to 12 pages now and my eyes are already getting itchy from looking at the screen too long.

I wanted to say that the guy's theory seems to make sense to me. The skull likely does have an effect on the emission of brain waves. So if there's two holes in that skull with a convenient bundle of nerves lined up with them, then there probably is going to be a measurable difference between what comes out of those holes and what comes out of other parts of the head.

I say good luck to him. Also, it's probable that people like him make significant changes to our way of life through their contributions. They may often fail, but sometimes I would suspect that they actually see the things that every one else has missed.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCuriousEngineer
reply to post by spikey

*sigh* PLEASE tell me you didn't just read the article the OP posted and accept it as fact. There have been numerous posts as to why the method in the article is flawed and why the conclusions the author draws are incorrect.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by TheCuriousEngineer]

The scientific evidence may very well be flawed but the phenomena is by far from flawed, Its just your aura interacting with others. No big deal.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
only Superman could do this...
He's not real, so no it is not possible...
In science you see it's really easy to tell what is possible/real and what is not, because real possiblities tend to manifest them at one time or another. The unreal, don't seem to happen if you haven't already noticed...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The gaze of a pretty girl has the power to stop my heart and take my breath away. Only a tazer has that much energy.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

after 7 pages of searching to see if anyone would mention the Pineal Gland no ONE mention the Pineal gland

That's because it wasn't relevant.

as the Pineal Gland has the same Material make up as the eye ! minus the lens !

No, it's not. The eye is an organ, while the epiphysis cerebri is a gland. They share neither structure nor functionality. The "Third Eye" wasn't an eye you'd recognize even when it was evolving because it didn't register or perceive visual sensory information. Some of retinal cells may share a common ancestor with the cells in the pineal, but it was never truly an eye.

The 2004 Aschoff/Pittendrigh lecture: Theory of the origin of the pineal gland--a tale of conflict and resolution.

A theory is presented that explains the evolution of the pinealocyte from the common ancestral photoreceptor of both the pinealocyte and retinal photoreceptor. Central to the hypothesis is the previously unrecognized conflict between the two chemistries that define these cells-melatonin synthesis and retinoid recycling. At the core of the conflict is the formation of adducts composed of two molecules of retinaldehyde and one molecule of serotonin, analogous to formation in the retina of the toxic bis-retinyl ethanolamine (A2E)

Abstract of the paper.

and is Light sensitive and a engorged flow with the key of life Blood

No, it is not.

Photosensitive cells in the retina detect light and directly signal the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), entraining its rhythm to the 24-hour cycle in nature. Fibers project from the SCN to the paraventricular nuclei (PVN), which relay the circadian signals to the spinal cord and out via the sympathetic system to superior cervical ganglia (SCG), and from there into the pineal gland.

The Pineal Gland has no photosensitivity, unlike the photosensitive ganglion cells of the retinohypothalamic tract. Those photosensitive cells ARE found in the retina as well, and they are what carry information on whether it's light or dark to the suprachiasmatic nucleus.

The Parietal Organ is the actual third eye found in some species of amphibians, reptiles, fish, etc. Although it didn't see in any sort of definition, as it was connected to the pineal gland and not (afaik) any visual processing centers. It was merely able to discern the presence or absence of light. Some advanced adaptations, like the Tuatara's, have basic analogues to a retina and lens... though they don't function the same as their primary eyes. Lamprey actually have two third eyes which, given their earlier and more primitive morphology, may have been the normal state of early ocean dwelling craniads as a means to detect predators swimming above them.

Mammals (Us) and Aves (Birds) do not have parietal organs. We do not have third eyes.

Did you bother to read the link you provided?

----------------------------

reply to post by drew hempel

Poor James Randi -- we can only feel sorry for him at this point:

Two links to a fringe apologist blog crying fowl and one wall of text supposedly from a submission to the Journal of the ASPR 18 years ago criticizing CSICOP for not being "scientific"... of which James Randi was a member. The JotASPR, btw, is not a scientific (or even academic) journal by any measure. It's the publication of ASRP, a non-profit society of parapsychology researchers. Got anything against Randi's challenge from a reputable source - and preferably a more impartial position?

Randi attacked Chunyi Lin, qigong master, before he knew anything about him! haha.

Cute. Sounds like the opening to a cheesy Kung Fu flick when you say it that way.

The Mayo Clinic doctors have recently verified, with double-blind research, that qigong is real -- energy is transmitted out of the eyes. springforestqigong.com... has the research.

Link to the specific paper, if you would. You gave me a homepage that looks like a 4AM infomercial, and I'm not going to waste time digging through testimonies and sales pitches site trying to verify your claim. Either of them.

In the meantime, there legitimate studies in the medical literature which relate to the practice of Qigong for medical benefit in pilot studies and proper trials to attempt to quantify it's effect on general health, cancer patients, diabetes sufferers, etc. Nothing substantial has really been established above and beyond what contemporary methods of meditative stress reduction, low-impact exercise, a balanced diet, and a confidence boost wouldn't also provide.

For example, here's a study published in the Oct 2009 Annals of Oncology; Impact of Medical Qigong on quality of life, fatigue, mood and inflammation in cancer patients: a randomized controlled trial

Hardly what I'd call shooting energy beams from your eyes or "proving the power of Qigong" as anything other than an exotic flavor of physical therapy and stress reduction. Now, I doubt Mr. Randi would have suggested that Qigong has absolutely no health improving benefits. However, claims of vitalism and energy healing which turn the sick away from proper medical care in an effort to sell a product line would meet with a negative assessment, I'm sure.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

August 12, 2004 Pineal Gland Evolved To Improve Vision, According To Theory By NICHD Scientist

www.nichd.nih.gov...

Gradually, the early organism recognized the increase in melatonin as a signal of nighttime and became dependent on it, according to Dr. Klein's theory. This signal was used to synchronize their daily cycles with the environmental night and day cycle. For this signal to be reliable, the organism needed a steady supply of serotonin in these cells. However, this requirement for higher levels of serotonin conflicted with the need for greater light detection because serotonin depleted retinaldehyde. This conflict was resolved by the evolution of a second photoreceptor cell, one that housed melatonin production. The evolution of the second photoreceptor cell allowed the original photoreceptor cell to achieve higher levels of sensitivity to light because it was not dedicated to making high levels of melatonin. Eventually, the melatonin-making photoreceptors gave rise to the pineal gland.

www.wayfinding.net...

There is a pathway from the retinas to the hypothalamus called the retinohypothalamic tract. It brings information about light and dark cycles to a region of the hypothalamus called the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN). From the SCN, nerve impulses travel via the pineal nerve (sympathetic nervous system) to the pineal gland. These impulses inhibit the production of melatonin. When these impulses stop (at night, when light no longer stimulates the hypothalamus), pineal inhibition ceases and melatonin is released. The pineal gland is therefore a photosensitive organ and an important timekeeper for the human body.

www.randi.org...

Please know that Master Chunyi Lin has also presented at Mayo Clinic on March 24 of this year as a part of their complementary and integrative medicine program and was given a good review. We also got a reference from University of Minnesota medical professor Dr. William Manahan. The results of a study done by a Dr. Gaik might be of interest to you and are available through Adler School of Professional Psychology in Chicago, IL. The study is titled, "A Preliminary Study Applying Spring Forest Qigong to Depression as an Alternative and Complementary Treatment." We have supplied information to the company involved, and will hope that our point of view will be given an opportunity to be aired there..... This episode just shows that scientists and technicians who are exposed to phenomena that are sufficiently far out of their fields, can be completely hornswoggled. And, this "expert" being invited by their management to speak to them, adds a spurious validity to his claims. After all, would the top people in this company allow a quack to lecture to them? Apparently, yes.

springforestqigong.com...

External Qigong for Chronic Pain, Results from a Randomized Controlled Clinical Study Jamia Hill, RN, DC; Anne Vincent, MD, Stephen Cha, PhD., Nisha Manek, MD, MRCP Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Objective: Chronic pain is highly prevalent in the general population. Adequate clinical management of chronic pain is an ongoing challenge and a purely pharmaceutical approach has proven inadequate. We investigated the efficacy of external Qigong [Spring Forest Qigong technique] as an adjunctive treatment for chronic pain. Conclusions: Subjects with chronic pain who received external Qigong experienced reduction in pain intensity following each Qigong treatment. This is especially impressive given the long duration of pain in the majority of subjects.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well there's more than this but it's a good sample list of qigong masters "emitting electromagnetic energy" from the third eye pineal gland!

content.karger.com...

www.yanxinqigong.cn...

www.scientificexploration.org...

sci.tech-archive.net...

This demonstration was also monitored by an expert. Yan Xin held an electric wire carrying 200 to 240 volts in his left hand, and a ground wire in his right hand. Then he completed an electric circuit with his body for a few minutes. Someone stood by with an electric test pencil to verify that his body was electrified. Not only that, he was also able to raise and lower the voltage with his mind power!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That's what I was thinking, what if (if ghosts are real) they're comprised of whatever the opposite charge of this energy is. Sort of like, our eyes emit "+" and ghosts are a byproduct of "-", effectively making it so we can't see them, but we still feel the energy itself?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Etcetera007

Yeah I've seen ghosts -- but only because I had been doing serious qigong training.

Qigong master Chunyi Lin was being visits by dead spirits -- ghosts! I saw them!

We were at the Level 3 retreat. I had been training in qigong alchemy all week -- I had no food and only half glass of water!

So first Chunyi Lin was in full lotus in the front of the room -- there were maybe 200 people there or more.

I saw these yellow spirits come out of his head and break off. He later explained those were just his "yin spirits" going out to heal people in the room.

But then I saw some yellow spirits float in from outside the room and the moved closer and closer to Chunyi Lin!!

I told no one about what I saw but later Chunyi Lin told the room that someone had seen what I just mentioned. And so Chunyi Lin said that those were the dead spirits coming to him to find peace -- and that happens to him all the time.

Now normally I would have been skeptical of this but amazingly I had just read of the same phenomenon in a rare academic book about the most famous Thai Buddhist forest monk meditation master.

www.nonduality.com...

The Venerable Phra Acharn Mun Bhuridatta Thera, meditation master by Bauw Ñanasampanno, Phra Maha.; Siri Buddhasukh. (Samudra Prakarn, Thailand : Buddhist Books Service, 1995);

I have never come across this explanation anywhere else since then even though I've read one book a day since then for the past 10 years!! I had to special order the above book through inter-library loan.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I was about to read this article further and then it said a "phyciatrist ...."

Article ended for me right there...!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

[edit on 14-4-2010 by daggyz]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I won't get into any argument about the validity of this guy or his work (interesting his specialties are trauma and dis-associative disorder. De-programming "manchurian candidiates"?). I'd like to see what other scientists in other fields have to say about this particular experiment first. However, the energy described is very much real. Part of the training to observe someone and not be observed yourself involves clearing your mind of any thought and emotion while looking directly at them, even thinking about them too hard while not looking is enough to raise some peoples hackles. The energy comes out of the auric field from what I've been able to discern, and I've seen people do very advanced energy manipulation with they're eyes as well, completely draining someones energy by a hard look, or making someone fall in love. Many people look away when they lie, it's an instinct to not get caught. Are the eyes capable of of "modulating" the energy field? Try this: in a darkened room, with no drafts, take a candle and place it far enough away from you that your breath cannot affect it. Now, by looking at it, try to bend the flame to the left, then the right. Toward you, then away from you. Make the flame grow larger, now smaller. Can you make it go out completely? Have fun, it's so easy even my eight year old nephew can do it. Also fun is cloud bursting, now made famous by that men who stare at goats movie, it's easy as well, just a little more advanced. Try poking out different shaped holes in the clouds, freak a date out by punching a heart in the lower atmosphere! We are amazing, and all made out of the same stuff as the rest of the u-n-i verse. Like the bald kid from the matrix said "Do not try to bend the spoon, that's impossible.Instead, only try to realize the truth........ Then you'll see it's not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself".
As for Qigong, there have been many scientific studies verifying the reality of the body's "prana" field. A great book on these studies along with exercises is "Empty Force" By Paul Dong. Any GOOD practitioner of Chen or Guang Ping Tai Chi can easily send you sailing of your feet ten feet away without even hurting you and barely touching you in the first place.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by siahchi]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
hi all.

I recently read how someone had the theory that one could stare at a TV with a live cam and the person watched, on this TV, would turn around!

there was a perfect place to test this, somewheres in London, I think, there was a security office in some huge maybe train station where there was a security camera directed at the escalator where the cam was pointing at the rear of people as the stairs ascended.

the guards beat the researcher to it!
sometime the guard watch live, sometimes they just play some of the 8 hour tape. Every one of the guards knew that if they watched the live TV, many people would turn around and look up at the camera, but if the guards were watching a tape made hours before, no one turned around, in the tape.

the researchers then found this to be so, also, by their own watchings!

freestone

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
hooray,modern science has finally caught up with the ancients ,[to a degree] i wonder what else will be discovered[re-discovered] and though of as an original idea?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

This is fantastic stuff and starts to validate what many of us already intuitively know to be true. Great find and thanks so much for sharing it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join