It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the human eye actually emit an energy beam?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Very interesting post
It certainly does explain to quite an extent the 'old wives tales' and superstitions associated with the eyes, as others have pointed out, such as the evil eye...When meeting people for the first time, i instantly have always looked at the eyes and lips of a person to give me an indication as to what they are like.. and it really has yet to fail me..oh, and to those who find people turn around to look at you when looking at them, same here.. for years my partner and i have done this and have often talked about how odd it is, checking out a nice looking girl or guy and they turn to look at us without any other reason to have turned around..
The eyes have always been very interesting...a neighbor/friend of mine has an extreme fear of eyes..such as the band, Tool s eye logos freak her out, and the film cover for the Grudge has left her unable to sleep after seeing it.. her strong fear of frogs also has to do with their eyes..
just thought i would share lol
Great thread OP..

Tool Album cover- 10,000 Days
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c3eaf03ecad.jpg[/atsimg]
edit to add

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Full_Vision]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Full_Vision]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Well how about that.

Good ol James 'ghosts cannot be proven therefore conspiracies dont exist ever' Randi.

The thing thats strikes me with the fact that Ross apply for the $1m challenge, is that if he were simply making a scientific discovery then what would be supernatural about this? The idea of supernatural is that it isnt natural, quite related to fiction. My point being that if this were the venue for scientific discovery then why havent any quantum physicists staked a claim in the Randi jackpot with some of the 'spooky science' from that world?

[edit on 10-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That's because male energy is electromagnetic while female energy is electrochemical. If you study nonwestern energy systems you can learn about this.

But does this explain why she felt me looking at her legs?

Sorry, i dont know much about Science... i'm not a Scientist... however if i were one i'm sure i could come up with quite a few theories about anything as i can come with them now (only now my theories are laughed at)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i can't spare the time to read all 10 pages so apologies if this has already been mentioned.

even if the eye CAN project a force, and it may well do so. it may be some other completely different faculty that is picking up the energy. perhaps a sixth sense located in the spine.??

and i have read reports (maybe fact or fiction) of spiritually advanced people being able to emit a beam of light from their 3rd eye/pineal gland that has immediate deadly power.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by USXpat
Why is this important? is like asking why electricity is important. We may not be able to explain it very well, but that this does happen all the time and is perfectly natural - vindicates a significant portion of what has been considered "occult" for over a thousand years.

The ability to influence someone with just a look has very interesting connotations - as in how far can this be developed? Lots and lots of interesting issues - from the Eye of Horus and Illuminati symbolism, why the stubborn insistence of treating the eye strictly as a receiver and not a transmitter? It only gets more interesting from there.

and presumingly the ear not only hears but also emits sounds.

but why would it do that? some sought of extra balance mechanism perhaps?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have yet to see any response/acknowledgment of member ucalien's paper describing Electromagnetic radiation detection by the University of Defense at Czech Republic.

This is the official Czech Republic's Armed Forces university.

The paper is stored at MIT university servers on top of that.

And to finish, the link may not work for some because the pdf itself is linked, and starts downloading immediately.

Here is the abstract link with the free fulltext pdf.

Hypothesis: The Electrophysiological Basis of Evil Eye Belief

The journal is peer reviewed, in a double blind system.

Abstracted in the EBSCO academic database and at Harvard.

See the journal information from Wiley-Blackwell here

Anthropology of Consciousness publishes semiannually and consists of peer-reviewed full length articles and book reviews, as well as letters to the editor
All articles are submitted to a double-blind review process. Referees based on expertise in the subject area addressed by the submission.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

If this paper was peer reviewed it does not bode well for the "peers" in this field. The experimental design is lacking terribly for many reasons, some of which I mentioned earlier:
1. Only 1 test subject was used
2. No other methods were used to block ocular extramission other than the eyelid
3. No attempt to show a proportional increase in extramission with multiple subjects staring at the detector.
4. Failure to distinguish the measured results from known EEG results that come from opening and closing the eye.

Dubious electrical engineering aside, the first step of testing any hypothesis is to design a proper experiment for it. This includes having controls and multiple randomized trials. It is also prudent to completely diagram your test equipment setup as well as describe its measurement capabilities. To be honest if I was middle school science teacher I would give this paper an "F" because it fails so terribly in terms of scientific method.

A quick search on the journal revealed some of its most popular articles from 2009 at Wiley. They include:

"Mad Thoughts on Mushrooms: Discourse and Power in the Study of Psychedelic Consciousness"

"Trance, Possession, Shamanism and Sex"

"Living in Death: The Evolution of Modern Vampirism"

Just to name a few. It may be fair to say that the reviewers for this journal do not have the scientific background to criticize the author's system of measurement. I have absolutely no criticism of the author's hypothesis itself, I believe people should pursue ideas that are unconventional. I just think the way he did it pretty much ignores all logical experiment design.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by TheCuriousEngineer]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCuriousEngineer

I just answered your question if it is or not peer reviewed.

I am not a physicist, so I stay out of discussions.

And it is fun to watch the discussions unfold, the total avoidance of ucalien's paper on electromagnetic radiation emitted from humans, for example.

And some weeks ago, if I'm not mistaken, Drew Hempel raged a debate with Phage on ultrasound, sonofusion, bubble fusion, sonoluminescence...

When a paper describing such a thing was accepted by the 2nd leading journal after Nature, Science, false sceptics blasted the editor of that journal for accepting such a paper.

Nice to watch the battles.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'd just like to say that on average I probably look at something like 200-300 people a day.

Some of them are likely to turn and look at me.

Statistical Significance?

Nahh.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCuriousEngineer
***snip***
To be honest if I was middle school science teacher I would give this paper an "F" because it fails so terribly in terms of scientific method.

We used to have a guy walking along the waterfront in Copenhagen whistling the same signal again and again.
When asked, he claimed that it held the tigers away.

"There aren't any tigers in Copenhagen!"

"So it works", he answered.

A quick search on the journal revealed some of its most popular articles from 2009 at Wiley. They include:

"Mad Thoughts on Mushrooms: Discourse and Power in the Study of Psychedelic Consciousness"

"Trance, Possession, Shamanism and Sex"

"Living in Death: The Evolution of Modern Vampirism"

Just to name a few. It may be fair to say that the reviewers for this journal do not have the scientific background to criticize the author's system of measurement. I have absolutely no criticism of the author's hypothesis itself, I believe people should pursue ideas that are unconventional. I just think the way he did it pretty much ignores all logical experiment design.

I'll give you an A for this part of your post.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
forums.randi.org...
Colin Ross on the Randi Forum

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
forums.randi.org...
Colin Ross on the Randi Forum

Good find.

And as Colin himself writes:

Since brainwaves are emitted through the skull, they must also be emitted through the eye socket and be detectable with high-impedance electrodes that make no physical contact with the body. This is my scientifically testable hypothesis for which I have preliminary data in press.

In other words - he could have chosen the infamous Ear Beam or even the notorious Nasal Death Ray.

EDIT to add:

So the reason why he has problems descerning between eys closing and opening and his Eye Beam is simply that what he picks up is the electrical patern in the brain concerning the action of opening and closing the eye. Or even thinking about doing it.

[edit on 10.4.2010 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane
***snip***
And as Colin himself writes:

Since brainwaves are emitted through the skull, they must also be emitted through the eye socket and be detectable with high-impedance electrodes that make no physical contact with the body. This is my scientifically testable hypothesis for which I have preliminary data in press.

In other words - he could have chosen the infamous Ear Beam or even the notorious Nasal Death Ray.

***snip***

Here the rays are made visible with a Electromagnetic Detection and Smoke Device or EDSD device as it is known amongst the more sophisticated scientists.

The Ear Beam

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This would also agree with the Chinese teaching of Qi-gong. That with practice you can feel both a persons eyes on you but can also feel their intent. Intersting indeed.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ok but the thing is, brain "waves" measured in an EEG are

1. not electromagnetic radiation and
2. are not actual 'waves' that float out into the world to be measured.

As I understand it they are merely a wave pattern of firing neurons in a linear progressive fashion.

For example, if you're at a stadium and the crowd does "the human wave" when they successively stand up and down with their arms up in the air. That is considered a "wave" but that's the problem is a lot of you uneducated guys see the word "wave" and you instantly assume all waves are the same and they are emitted and fly through the world. NO, wrong. A wave can just be a way to describe a successive action like the crowd standing up and sitting down in succession. So when an EEG measures neurons firing in a wave like motion, it's similar to the crowd allegory, all it is measuring is the electrical signal firing in a successive pattern.
Thus to my knowledge an EEG does not measure electro-magnetic radiation, nothing "fires out of the skull" or out of the eyes.
Thus the guy's entire experiment is bunk.

Does the human body have a magnetic field? I think it probably does.
Does the human body emit electro-magnetic radiation? I think it might I'm not sure, and it probably does to some extent.

But the point is not whether the human body does these things, the point is whether the experiment this guy did that we're all talking about is measuring THAT or something else. And the guy obviously seems to have his terms mixed up and thinks he's measuring something he really isn't.

Now as for that unheard of Czech University and their "experiment" that someone posted.
As I said previously, a cursory read through even the wikipedia on ELF waves states that an ELF wave's wavelength is tens and hundreds of thousands of miles long. So that when scientists are experimenting with ELF they don't even have antenna arrays big enough to make them but must somehow use the earth as an antenna. So how is it that that experiment proposes that the human body produces ELF waves? That's the mystery.
Secondly, if you read the first paragraph of the Czech experiment it does not seem professional nor scientific at all as they quickly begin talking in very new-agey spiritual terms and start talking about mystical energy emitted from the human body and things of that nature...not very scientific. It's no wonder that this experiment was allegedly done in some obscure "university" and is not corroborated by anyone else anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

What if there is Electromagnetic radiation emitted from humans?

Phage claimed there is no Electromagnetic radiation in the ELF band, ucalien countered with a paper from Czech Republic's Army university scientists.

Czech Republic is a NATO country, the United States Navy recognises that university as credible.

A random news from the Navy talking about the university

NAVICP Contract Expert Shares Knowledge with Czech Military Students

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

I finally found the paper you were referring to and it is indeed a decent read, I was immediately encouraged by the proper antenna design (loop antenna vs. a high impedance probe) and the inclusion of a baseline FFT of the signal with no man present versus with a man present. However, I wish there were units on the graphs (dBm?) and it would have been really nice if they gave the distance at which the measurements were taken because according the text tests were performed with a subject range to the antenna from .5 meter to tens of meters.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir

Phage claimed there is no Electromagnetic radiation in the ELF band, ucalien countered with a paper from Czech Republic's Army university scientists.

Czech Republic is a NATO country, the United States Navy recognises that university as credible.

What I'm objecting to is the fact that Colin What'sHisName clearly is measuring the normal electrical patterns in the brain. The patterns we already now are measuring with EEG equipment (which is part of the Colin system).

He also admits that he is measuring this and that it is clear that said e
emmissions also must come through the eye sockets (whick makes sense) and then he form a theory that we have Eye Beams.

What you should be able to see is that people should also feel it if you pointed your ear at them. By Colins own admissions.

It is therefore almost evident that he knows this and that his claims are meant to fuel another book that a certain segment of our population is going to drool over.

What you also should take to heart is the statistical chance that one or more people among all the ones you look at every day should turn their head and look at you.
It is also important to to consider whether or not your (or theirs) perifery vision is picking up on a persons head obviously looking straight at you.

Someone here mentioned birds flying away igf you look at them.

It is a natural phenomenon amongst prey. If the predator isn't looking at you stay still. If it is looking at you - you might be it's next intended meal. RUN! or FLY!

Back to basics.
Colin hasn't proven his case.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir

First of all that paper was done by 2 people and sounds very sketchy as I said in the first paragraph they start mentioning some very unscientific new agey sounding things. Secondly, that paper has not been corroborated by anyone else in the world, such an important thing yet you can only find some obscure tiny test done by 2 people that no one's heard of in an obscure country not known for its educational system? The design of the experiment was quite simple you're telling me in the past 100 years no one was able to come up with that or duplicate that? Highly unlikely.
Lastly, the two "scientists" in the paper itself admitted that the area was drenched in electromagnetic radiation from all sorts of industrial sources such as a nearby train line I believe it was. The paper was highly unscientific and made no sense whatsoever. I would not accept it as a legitimate piece of evidence at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

The first portion of the paper is definitely frustrating, especially because they themselves identify a fantastic application for the technology, namely the detection of people trapped in avalanches.

As for not having antenna's capable of detecting ELF radiation they do address this in the paper, if you notice both antenna designs are absolutely massive. The loop antenna has over 500 meters of wire wrapped on it, which is why its effective aperature size is 118 square meters.

I think it is very probable that the human body produces electric or magnetic fields that can be detected. Consider that any electric current produces a magnetic field. The term "current" is defined as the movement of electric charges, which do NOT have to be electrons. The net movement of a bulk of ions can also be considered an electric current (nutrients in blood maybe?). So for example the contraction of your heart is forcing the movement of a fluid (blood) around your body, if this fluid contains a net positive or negative ionic concentration now we have an electric current the pulsatile nature of which would cause a propagating wave. That being said the fields in question would be extremely low in magnitude.

The body is an extremely complicated mechanical, chemical, and electrical system!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by TheCuriousEngineer]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join