It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the human eye actually emit an energy beam?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

If you look at a hottie and she looks back, you will remember. That tingling you get when a hot chick - or guy - checks you out registers. If they don't look back, you move on and forget about it. Nothing mesmerising there

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I hear a little physical contact doesn't hurt.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88d47ad278d5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

I've always thought that's cool - if you flick your gaze past someone and they look at you, you KNOW they have seen you, just as you know they know! Even animals. The brain works pretty damn quickly (in most of us) I think it goes to show how important personal recognition is

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoberMonitor
this is spectacular news for the quantum physics world, maybe explains the slit experiment and why particles become matter instead of waves when spectated upon.

NO NO NO NO NO IT doesnt.

Bloomin heck..

Observation in this case is not 'looking' -- you don't observe your television signal to get reception, you pick up the signal via your antenna. Not your eyes.

With the slit test, no on is LOOKING at the particles of light, they are using a MACHINE to detect it.

Are the machines given eyes to deceive themselves?????

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SoberMonitor

The double slit experiment needs no explanation. It is understood.
And it has nothing to do with eyes. It is observed by instruments.

How do you stay sane !!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I hear a little physical contact doesn't hurt.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88d47ad278d5.jpg[/atsimg]

Hahahaha I see you don't

Brilliant !!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Contrary to popular belief, Vulcans do not actually need to touch the forehead of someone they are doing a mind meld with.

Spock (in that scene the Alternative Universe evil/barbaric Spock) simply had a thing for McCoy.

Some say this was simply to make Ohura jealous as she vassilated back and forth between Spock and Kirk, but clearly there was an underlying tension in all of Spock's and McCoy's interaction that reeked of sexual frusturation.

It's all in the eyes! The eyes have it!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I'm not a treky, but how hot was Ohura!

And all the green and blue alien chicks...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I mentioned this before somewhere on ATS..

It is true, there IS energy coming from our eyes. However, it's mostly LIGHT, which is electromagnetic radiation. Our eyes are reflecting a good portion of light.

Edward Leedskalnin mentioned this before back in the 1940's. He mentions being able to chase away mosquitoes by concentrating his eyes on one.

I suppose some people might be able to feel very small concentrations of light too, so they might be able to feel someone looking at them, maybe.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I find this thread very interesting. Has any ATS members done any experiments?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

doesnt the human body emit infrared radiation? in fact i have seen video of qi gon masters setting fire to paper and when recorded under infrared camera generated enough heat to turn water into steam......explain that.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I suppose this relates to this staring problem post regarding social anxiety?

Eye contact...Staring problem. (anxiety)

In these 5-6 years the biggest problem I've had with Social anxiety
disorder is the Staring problem I've had. Maybe it's not related to social
anxiety at all and maybe it's just me being totally insane.

What happens with this staring problem is I'll stare at people whoever
enter my viewable vision area. I think it relates to the fact that I'm
scared/afraid of other people looking at me and putting quick BAD judgement
towards me. This staring problem has gotten to the point now where it's
ALWAYS on my mind whenever another person is nearby me. I'm afraid I'll
make myself look creepy, strange and weird by doing it and I've even had
some people who spend much time around me ask me why I always stare at them
so I know for a fact that this is a problem and not something I feel I'm
making up.

Examples of when this happens are when:

~I'm sitting down watching a TV show and I'm quite comfortable on my own
but once someone shows up and sits down beside me I'll stare at them in my
periphal vision rather than concentrate on the television. As soon as they
come into view or I know they are there I already have that nervous feeling
rush over my body. I'll then get some intense thoughts of how they are
going to notice when I start staring at them and how I wish they'd go away
or I'll just leave. Any of the concentration I had for the TV show I was
watching will almost be to make this person and myself uncomfortable.

Something i've noticed is i'll stare out the window at cars passing by and look at peoples faces as they drive and sometimes that person notices someones looking at them and they'll turn to my direction

there's for sure a PULL feeling when that happens as if they are aware of my presence

[edit on 10-4-2010 by jangaboo]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
further to phages excelent observations , i am dubious about the ground electrodes being on DIFFERENT ears - we know that left brain / right brain activity is different so there ios automatically a source of spurious signal

also the very act of staring is a concious one - requiring activity from both the eyeball and its control muscles - there again you have a potential to generate a spurious signal just by the muscluse controling they eyeball

sorry - i am not impressed - i know already that when i sate at some one , or even look in another direction - i alter my brains and faces electrical activity -

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Why is this important? is like asking why electricity is important. We may not be able to explain it very well, but that this does happen all the time and is perfectly natural - vindicates a significant portion of what has been considered "occult" for over a thousand years.

The ability to influence someone with just a look has very interesting connotations - as in how far can this be developed? Lots and lots of interesting issues - from the Eye of Horus and Illuminati symbolism, why the stubborn insistence of treating the eye strictly as a receiver and not a transmitter? It only gets more interesting from there.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I think it's probable. We each have an electromagnetic field and if we can focus our attention on one spot I theorize you can emit negligible amounts of energy. Of course this wouldn't be achieved by just anyone but with people of predisposed energy field.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

reply to post by SoberMonitor

The double slit experiment needs no explanation. It is understood.
And it has nothing to do with eyes. It is observed by instruments.

Indeed, eyes have nothing to do with it.

However, the results of newer DS experiments are not understood. The Quantum Eraser exp. proves that it is not the interaction of particles with the measuring device that is affecting the outcome.

It's wether the info from the measuring devices reaches the experimenters brain wich causes wave pattern or wave collapse.

I'm sure you think you can debunk this, but I'm willing to debate this with you in the debate forum.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I don't think people can sense people staring at them because of a direct signal from the eyes.

I think it has more to do with consciousness and the way everything is connected.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This guy has the laser eye thing down to a tee.

--

I'm thinking our brains all animals can detect this beam to sense when prey or something is watching you??

Very interesting!

or maybe a form of subconscious communication when you gaze into someones eyes? picking up feelings.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by TrentReznor]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by TrentReznor]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I had a friend who was in the marines in the 80's. He claimed that they tought him what they called the "6th sense". The lesson was that if you were deep infiltrating, say you intended to sneak up on an unsuspecting opponet to snap his neck, that you refrain from staring at them too much too directly as you sneak up. He also referenced how int he movies you often see the guy looking to the side while doing such. Maybe he was full of it, I dont know.

I cant see the document, but it is wiley. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the scientific community responds to this...

This could pose a serious 'threat' to the quantum mystics, or the opposite. I suspect the debates will have those from either side confirming their own assumptions / beliefs from the same data. I'm not exactly fond of the quantum mysticism, especially with all of the pseudoscience I've seen them pedal, so hopefully I sift thru the arguments rationally...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What was measured was electrical potential changes between the goggles and the subject's head. A variation of an EEG. Not surprising changes were seen with eyes opened and eyes closed.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I browsed the paper. Artifacts in the data caused by ocular movement - deliberate movement, blinking, involuntary saccades, etc... are a well documented issue which anybody who works with EEGs should be intricately familiar with, as these artifacts must be accounted and corrected. Considering how difficult it can be to sterilize all ocular based artifacts from the data in conventional uses, I would expect at least some mention on how he differentiated between data and artifacts. Did he use an ICA algorithm? If so, which variant and how were the filters modified, if at all?

Assuring that "During all readings the participant’s facial musculature was still" is... sort of moot. Reminds me of the old magician's canard: "Nothing up my sleeve".

The goggles are just... lol, no... especially with EEG. First thing's first, I would think that the proposition of your eyeballs emitting EM radiation could verified directly and rather easily before we start jamming the cart before the horse here. You can buy inexpensive EM detectors at Radio Shack (or at least, you could back when they were cool like that). So I'm sure the technology to detect eyeball emissions directly, without all that intercessary junk getting in the way, should not be a significant hurdle.

Meanwhile, an independent team conduct experiment which reproduces the same proposed phenomena as "Evil eye beam" and devise a series of experiments to see whether or not the volunteers can even detect the EM that being shot them with any manner of statistical significance.

*Edit*
.... oh, Christ... I can't believe I forgot where I'd seen this before. Dr. Ross was one of the JREF 2008 Pigasus Award winners for pseudo-science.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join