It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the human eye actually emit an energy beam?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCuriousEngineer
reply to post by rufusdrak

The first portion of the paper is definitely frustrating, especially because they themselves identify a fantastic application for the technology, namely the detection of people trapped in avalanches.

As for not having antenna's capable of detecting ELF radiation they do address this in the paper, if you notice both antenna designs are absolutely massive. The loop antenna has over 500 meters of wire wrapped on it, which is why its effective aperature size is 118 square meters.

I think it is very probable that the human body produces electric or magnetic fields that can be detected. Consider that any electric current produces a magnetic field. The term "current" is defined as the movement of electric charges, which do NOT have to be electrons. The net movement of a bulk of ions can also be considered an electric current (nutrients in blood maybe?). So for example the contraction of your heart is forcing the movement of a fluid (blood) around your body, if this fluid contains a net positive or negative ionic concentration now we have an electric current the pulsatile nature of which would cause a propagating wave. That being said the fields in question would be extremely low in magnitude.

The body is an extremely complicated mechanical, chemical, and electrical system!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by TheCuriousEngineer]

This is all true however I wasn't saying that they would not be able to detect ELF. In fact even Ham Radio operators detect ELF don't they? (I'm pretty sure they're able to...just not 100% sure). What I am casting doubt upon is how the human body is able to EMIT ELF when it is known that for an antenna to emit ELF it has to be a significant fraction of the size of the ELF wave amplitude and an average ELF wave to my understanding is thousands of miles long. So how can a human body only a foot or two in diameter across produce a wave with a wave length of tens or hundreds of thousands of miles in length? That's what I can't figure out.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Secondly, even if the human body were able to magically emit a wavelength of 100,000 miles, an EEG would sure as hell not be able to detect it. An EEG picks up electrical signals.
ELF=electro-magnetic radiation, i.e. RADIO wave. An EEG would have to be a radio tuner to pick it up so how does the guy in the original experiment of this thread claim that his EEG machine is picking up ELF (radio waves) with his EEG?
An EEG is not a radio transceiver.
Do you see now how that casts serious doubt on his entire "experiment"?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Very very interesting thanks for sharing my friend.
Actually if the brainwaves ca be measured outside of our skull even "telepathy" can be scientifically proved

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I just want to chime in again and say that I do believe a lot of things most people here are saying, what someone said about biophotonics and what drew hempel is saying about a lot of the other more esoteric functions of the human body.
My main gripe is not with the possibilities of the human body doing all of this (which I personally feel it IS capable of doing everything everyone has said) but rather with THESE particular examples and their erroneous methodologies.
What I mean is, if you're going to prove something at least do it CORRECTLY and accurately and in a way that will garner respect of your fellow scientific colleagues but so far every experiment posted in this thread seems 100% bogus.

One guy is trying to measure radio waves with something that measures electricity

The other group is trying to measure a 180,000 mile long wave out of a human body while admittedly in the middle of a zone with heavy industrial EMR pollution to the extent that they even admitted ignoring certain of the results (spikes in the chart) because they admitted that came from some high powered train line that was right next to their 'testing' grounds.

Jeez come on guys. If you want to truly prove this stuff we gotta do it right.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

First off, let me say I in no way support the original experiment posted in this thread. I've posted twice on the ridiculousness of that paper and its use of an EEG with a high impedance probe to detect "ocular extramission".

Now, as to the emission of ELF, let us consider a low frequency emission at we're all familiar with, although maybe slightly less "extra low". In the U.S. our electricity is transmitted at 60 Hz, which has a wavelength of 5000 kilometers or roughly 3106 miles. I think where we're running into some confusion here is the difference between emission and efficient emission. Let's assume that to be an efficient emitter of 60 Hz EM waves a monopole antenna needs to be at least 1/10th of the wavelength of the signal. Then that would require an antenna 310 miles long! But do we encounter 60 Hz interference from "antennas" that are shorter than 310 miles? Absolutely! We can't get rid of the stuff, its everywhere. An "antenna" need not be a significant portion of the signals wavelength to transmit that signal, it will just not be a very good emitter. Like I said before, there is nothing preventing your body from transmitting a signal, but it would not be high in magnitude at all.

This is descibed in the article posted by ucalien, not only did they use massive antennas (to be an efficient receiver) but they used a transimpedance amplifier on the detector with a gain of 45 dB! Also, you do not need an RF receiver to detect ELF, your detection system only needs to have significant bandwidth to resolve the desired signal. The convenient implications of this idea is that they were able to use electronics and software indented for normal audio frequencies, think cheap opamps and a decent computer sound card.

As an electrical engineer I can tell you that while the article posted using an EEG to detect eye beams is absolutely terrible, the article from the Czech Republic that detects ELF from the human body has a little bit more engineering rigor. In my opinion the proper way to do the experiment would have been a differential measurement employing two identical antennas, one with a man present, one without, in order to suppress noise that is common to both antennas (common mode rejection). Also the low-frequency bandwidth of the electronics used should be clearly stated as most audio frequency electronics begin to roll off below 20 Hz.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
It works through the pineal gland which is a piezoelectric transducer.

That's how the brain emits electromagnetic energy.

after 7 pages of searching to see if anyone would mention the Pineal Gland

no ONE mention the Pineal gland ( our literally third EYE )

until drew hempel mentioned it!

as the Pineal Gland has the same Material make up as the eye ! minus the lens ! and is Light sensitive and a engorged flow with the key of life Blood en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
reply to post by Phage

I stumbled across this guy in another thread yesterday... which kinda makes you wonder what we're all capable of if we put our minds to it.

tell this guy he can be a millionaire by meeting this guy James Randi and his bet of a million dollars challenge would he consider ? tell him to tell his long dead master he will give it to charity or his schooling of chi

the million dollar paranormal challenge
www.randi.org...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Its obvious that the brain sends out signals.

Its also obvious that the eyes recieve signals.

If we dream and we can see the dreams when we dream then there must be output from the brain to our eyes.

Nikola Tesla was very interested in peoples dreams and wanted to build a machine that would look into peoples eyes to see and record the dreams and use them as movies and as research into other realms.

In the Koran, Mohammed supposedly was able to kill birds just by staring at them.

I've done a lot of research with the eyes and the detection limits of the eyes can easily be changed; therefore one can see all of the electro-magnetic spectrum instead of just the visible light. For instance I can see into the ground, through walls, hills and mountains for energy given off by different types of energy, radiation, electricity and magnetism; but only if it is powerful enough to be recieved. The equipment system itself can see/detect all of the above in this paragraph and at extreme distances just by using optical magnifications.

Since the brain gives off energy, radiation, electricity and magnetism; then all of these are definitely projected through our lenses in our eyes and has to be emmitted from our brain, just as it is taken in.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Rasputin was reputed have a mesmerizing stare. Pictures of him show that his eyes were strong looking....but i never have thought them "mesmerizing". It is an interesting idea to think of the mechanism that drove the reports.

I have, in the past, had the opportunity to meet with and work with various people who carried large amounts of charisma. Understanding various mechanisms behind this would definitely be an interesting study.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

you wouldnt be mesmerized by a picture. You definitely know who is and who isnt one of these eye people. You can always tell but cant put the thought to words; because to my knowledge there isnt words in English for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

if electricity is present, then a magnetic field, however weak or strong, has to be present. you cannot have one without the other.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

on page 10, i wrote the following;-

even if the eye CAN project a force, and it may well do so. it may be some other completely different faculty that is picking up the energy. perhaps a sixth sense located in the spine.??

and i have read reports (maybe fact or fiction) of spiritually advanced people being able to emit a beam of light from their 3rd eye/pineal gland that has immediate deadly power.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

A magnetic field is not the same thing as electromagnetic radiation.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This could lead the way to a life detector, like we have seen in so many Science fiction plots. This would be a very important breakthrough.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anamnesis
Quoted from the Full Paper linked by the OP.

The measurable component of ocular extramission in
the 0–40 Hertz range could be considered to be a special limited instance of the
larger theoretical category of morphogenic fields. Extralow frequency electromagnetic
radiation emitted through the eyes cannot account for the possibility
that the sense of being stared at can be transmitted through video cameras and
electronic circuits, as described by Sheldrake (2003, 2005a, b), however. this Phenomenon would require a property of morphogenic fields not possessed by conventional electromagnetic radiation.

That must be a mighty large eye in order to emit that low frequency. I wonder what they mean by 0 Hertz

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow, nice find(starred and flagged). I've always believed in the power of the eyes. Have always felt the energy beyond hormonal(pheromone connections) when looking at someone of the opposite sex for example, because have felt people staring and when I turned around they were. I even tried to stare at someone and an animal too to see if they would turn around or look, most always worked. Everything is energy and emits it, so why not the eyes...

Gotta have a way to further validate my 'bad eye contact' issue.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I can't speak to the idea of projecting energies from our eyes.. I do know that humans can control the energies that flow through our bodies.

I was taught many years ago how to see into another realm next to our own.

Many interesting energies and beings reside there..

I was taught how to raise the vibratory rate of my vision. By doing so it makes it possible to see within this realm.

That is my only experience with anything even remotely connected to eyes and beams emitting from them !

Just wanted to jump in here someplace for my first post !

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Test post to check profile settings..

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Poor James Randi -- we can only feel sorry for him at this point:

www.dailygrail.com...

www.dailygrail.com...

www.tricksterbook.com...

Randi attacked Chunyi Lin, qigong master, before he knew anything about him! haha. The Mayo Clinic doctors have recently verified, with double-blind research, that qigong is real -- energy is transmitted out of the eyes. springforestqigong.com... has the research.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Well, that's it! EVERYTHING is now officially possible!

When i read the title of this thread, i ignored it for a day or so, thinking it was just a wacky 'new age' type of thing, but finally decided to have a look considering it was getting flags.

BLIMEY!

It has taught me, that anything is possible, and not to let my own scoffing nature, get between me and knowledge.

Cheers, for posting this, it's a REAL eye opener!

Who'd have thunk it! EM beams from eyes?!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join