It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for some buddies in UK (and EU) to investigate underground / secret / hidden facilities

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
hi i have a house in portugal city of coimbra one of the oldest universitie in the world and im french and live in rouen so if you need some partner for the ride im here ^^ sorry for my inglish

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I live in the "good ol'" us of a, but am planning a trip to ireland, scotland, wales, uk in june/july this year...I would love to trip around and check stuff out...Ill bring my headlamps! Hope ya have a great adventure! sounds like a blast-

I was really getting into the hill of Tara in Ireland...I cant believe (well, i guess I can) they are putting the M3 right through there...what a shame!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The WW2 bases HMS Foward and HMS Forward II/HMS Agressive are on the hills around where I live
Am sure your have a hoot of an adventure
As there are plenty of places to see...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I live in the UK and wouldn't mind doing some investigation stuff around the country. I have heard things about underground bases from people who have high MOD security.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

Hey, you should come up here to North Wales, in the mountains near Snowdonia there is a place called electric mountain

(its a power station buried in a mountain)

oh and the place we call "the wall", we think its an abandoned dam, but it has a wohle lot of lights on at night, and super heavy security.

If not, you could always go beneath Berlin to the bunker district.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sounds interesting.
The 'strangest' thing I can think of in Worcester is the series of tunnels which run under the city. Apparently, they were used to transport wine barrels from the river. And it was through these tunnels that Charles the 1st escaped through after the Battle of Worcester.
There are entrances in the cellars of several buildings near the Cathedral, although they have been bricked up at some point. Apparently, 20 years ago or something like that when my mum worked in one of those buildings, some of the tunnels were open, but she never went down them, and they were later bricked up.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
England is famous for its stone circles, druids and masons.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Yeah id love to im near bristol too, just across the water in newport s wales, how about a crop circle vigil sometime this summer?.

Hey man u still there??

Summer is coming and o got my drivers liscense renewed !!

Who wants to do some cross country driving, camping and exploring underground installations and what not!?

28 days later UK exploration site: up:

What the hell is that?

I live in corby, lots of underground stuff near here! Id love to come on an adventure

Come on out dude, we all can put together few quid, rent a car and travel around!! If theres 3 of us and we need a week. Car xot 30 quid a night, thats 10 quid per person x 7 days only 70 quid! plus fuel of corse and some food !!

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

That sounds very interesting, especially the book!

Remember we are not limited to UK... i was thinking of exploring Spain and Portugal as well, i hear its pretty nice and lots of wild abandoned landmarks

Originally posted by Millions

What a fantastic idea! This is why I love the internet and sites like this. Like the guy above, I'm in the Glasgow area and would be well up for this. I've heard rumours of secret installations all over Scotland (maybe because its relatively unpopulated?)

Can anyone on this thread with an interest send me a personal message to make plans.

Thanks,

John

Dude going camping in Scotland FTW

reply to post by xaruto666

Originally posted by xaruto666
hi i have a house in portugal city of coimbra one of the oldest universitie in the world and im french and live in rouen so if you need some partner for the ride im here ^^ sorry for my inglish

Portugal FTW

edit on 12-2-2011 by Freeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
ps. can someone please move this thread to Mysterious forum... maybe paranormal section of it? .. or ancient and lost? or do u think its better off here?
edit on 12-2-2011 by Freeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Don't forget to visit castlerigg stone circle up here in Cumbria!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I live in South Oxfordshire and I swear this area (all along the ridgeway - Avebury/Stonehenge) is of enormous significance to some aspect of true history. There are two sides to my truth seeking - one is world wide and the other is on my door step: there are pretty unusual things going on around here.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

beat me to it woogleuk! if any of you guys are in cumbria anytime in the summer, let me know and i'll meet up for a crack! woogleuk has the north covered and i am sure he could assist. i basically know the south inside out.
regards f

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I would be up for an adventure. I live in the NW ..if anybody has any details and they need another explorer along..let me know.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Good thinking Fakedirt, always great to get out into the lakes during the summer, couple of telescopes, tents and beer, campfire, guitars/drums makes for a great weekend!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
That sounds excellent Woogle

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

i'm up for that woogleuk! a group of similar minded individuals chewing the fat and keeping an ear to the heaven with a beer or two. i know of a perfect spot just on the tip of the national park that could be one possibility. how about your end?

f

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Wow, erm, just about everywhere, i'll put some thought into it and come back with a suggestion, but as Castlerigg has the stone circle, round that area (Keswick).

Heres a list of all the stone circles in Cumbria........

www.visitcumbria.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

i was up at castlerigg mid winter solstice full moon 1999. four of us stayed all night and it was amazing. i think they may frown on tents though! maybe castlerigg farm will allow us to hire a patch for a night?
regards f

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
where in the south uk are you talking about? Ive always wanted to read more about the circle in Chipping Norton (or is it Hook Norton?). I've never seen anything on here about it. Also, White Horse Hill (Uffington) is very interesting. I don't know if it's been discussed on here (surely must have?). Very curious that you can't see it properly from the top or from the bottom.

I'm guessing you're thinking more of Dulce type places though?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Frakkerface]

I live near Chipping norton, I think you are talking about Rollright Stones. The story is, you can never count the same amount of stones, if you try you always come up with a different number

www.rollrightstones.co.uk...

Ive been a few times, they are interesting but not as impressive as stone henge,

Heres a great video about the secret map of britain, all you need to now about secret bases.

edit on 12-2-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The problem there is most places, including the farm don't allow groups, it's familys or couples only, and somehow I don't think "but we're all one big ATS family!" would cut it. Definatley worth looking into though.

When we go camping we usually just stick the tents up anywhere we can find thats out of the way and quiet, I know we're not supposed too, but we do go to great lengths to make sure we don't damage the countryside and leave no litter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join