It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for some buddies in UK (and EU) to investigate underground / secret / hidden facilities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I am in the south of England...

2 things which do sprig to mind about local lands is that there are active stone(r) circle sites in a few places here and there...

And active masonic installation which have a very dark mysterious vibe about them.

I am sure there is more.... we really need to talk on AIM or MSn or skype about this...

I am at the moment saving £££ to buy a nice dual purpose motorbike so i could travel on highways and dirt roads and explore the near by lands... or even go as far as EU - Spain, France, Portugal, Swiss etc...

Anyone in the area wants to join me?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Freeman]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
where in the south uk are you talking about? Ive always wanted to read more about the circle in Chipping Norton (or is it Hook Norton?). I've never seen anything on here about it. Also, White Horse Hill (Uffington) is very interesting. I don't know if it's been discussed on here (surely must have?). Very curious that you can't see it properly from the top or from the bottom.

I'm guessing you're thinking more of Dulce type places though?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hey man

Im near Bristol.

England is famous for its stone circles, druids and masons...

But there is more around here than meets the eye... secret works in progress and hidden installations can be found in all places on the planet and i am sure these places (south UK) is not exception...

Where are you from?

btw. u have a very strange avatar

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This site has quite a bit of info on UK locations of underground places:

www.urbexforums.co.uk...

Check the "underground" section.

There is a more comprehensive site,but sadly I can't find it at the moment.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman
Hey man

Im near Bristol.

England is famous for its stone circles, druids and masons...

But there is more around here than meets the eye... secret works in progress and hidden installations can be found in all places on the planet and i am sure these places (south UK) is not exception...

Where are you from?

Yeah id love to im near bristol too, just across the water in newport s wales, how about a crop circle vigil sometime this summer?.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Right guys you want to go to 28DL an urban exploration site for UK explorers, Its members cover old tunnels high areas and old military sites(cold war and WW2) Also asylum's and abandoned factories Railyards and the such...
28 days later UK exploration site: up:

Hope this helps guys....

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I live 15mins away from Chingle hall in the North West, We have been a few times when i was younger and it defiantly has a masonic vibe to it, Maybe be worth checking out,

Its meant to be really haunted but i have seen people going in with suitcases and thing so i dont know

Hope you find many things to report on here

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I live in corby, lots of underground stuff near here!

Id love to come on an adventure

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

Wasn't thinking you'd get many replies on here, but seems I was wrong!

Sounds interesting man, I'd be up for it

(I'm in midlands by the way, Stoke to be precise)

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What havent killed u ... makes u ... strangier .

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
This site has quite a bit of info on UK locations of underground places:

www.urbexforums.co.uk...

Check the "underground" section.

There is a more comprehensive site,but sadly I can't find it at the moment.

Havent got time to respond to all replies but that message board seems rad.

Im gonna go check it out...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Im living near glasgow, and would be 'well into' getting some crazy adventure shenanigans on the go.

gonna research all the facilities and get back to you, dunno if i can U2U yet.. need a few more posts

I'd be hesitant (because of T&c) to put my email adress up. reply and we'll arrange something.

P.S i live next to faslane naval base, got some nuke's from UK and US in the hills near us. rumours of underground transport to/from the base to the hills and other installations. gonna digg around see if anything comes up.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good ol' UK, full of history beneith our feet. I live in lichfield/stoke (uni shizzles) and lichfield is famous for its history and obscureity.

We have a cathedral and 5 major church's in lichfield, and they all have tunnels connecting them underground (it was a very important place in the civil war, the cathedral nearly got destroyed, so im guessing the tunnels were installed for a reason to help out the catholics and powers of the church to comunicate and travel without risking gettin attacked) But that is not the last of it.

My uncle did some investigation of these tunnels, and he found out that apparently, under one of the major church's (St Micheals to be exact) has a vault under it, and apparently inside this vault, is a sacred book hidden by the church for safe keepings during the civil war, and has been kept there ever since. It is rumored to be made out of sheep skin. Many people through out history have tried to get it without any success, and now many of the tunnels have since caved in and are closed off. However, there are still a few enterances around the city which i know off.

Also, the cathedral has some very interesting things inside that still baffel me to this day.

In the main hall of the cathedral, on the right side wall towards the alter, there is a random hole in the wall. It was definatly man made wall, big enough to hide a child in there. No idea why it is there, but it is and has kept me curious since.

Not too far from this hole, there is a gold plack (cant remember how to spell sorry, might be plaque) on the wall, however it is covered up by a book case of sorts, but you can just see it if you look behind closely. No idea why they covered it up or what it says, tis yet another unknown occurence of the cathdral.

Also, in st micheals church, there is a graveyard. In this graveyard, all the whitch's that were burned to the stake are buried here with no gravestones. So much so, that behind the curch (where they were buried) the grass is extreamily hilly, and it is under these hills that many are buried, all facing the earth.

I know that this is more church orientated than paranormal, no crop circles of stone monuments, but they are all still very interesting and show light on how mysterious the church was when in power.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Trolloks]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodenameDoeB
I live 15mins away from Chingle hall in the North West, We have been a few times when i was younger and it defiantly has a masonic vibe to it, Maybe be worth checking out,

Its meant to be really haunted but i have seen people going in with suitcases and thing so i dont know

Hope you find many things to report on here

I live fairly near Chingle Hall too but I believe it's privately owned now and the new owner doesn't allow tours any more, boooooo!!

I'd really like to go check out the huge underground town in Wiltshire, i'm not sure if it's possible but man would it be fascinatin!! Burlington Underground Town

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Jimbowsk]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Jimbowsk]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

That sounds very interesting, especially the book! (it is plaque, so you got there eventually lol)

There's not anything even close to that interesting in my area, a few ruin's that would have probably been outposts way back when, some still standing like when they were built.

I don't know if the OP was specifically on about Druid type places like henge or just ancient landmarks in general, but anything old that can be investigated is fascinating to me!

for my fellow Stokie

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman

Where are you from?

I'm in Oxford and I have relatives near Brize Norton so I'm more used to seeing/hearing about the above ground activity but there's a lot of ancient things around here which is why I'm quite interested in them.

I haven't heard of any underground stuff around here but Brize would be the place I suppose. But then it's not that secretive, I've been on the base a few times and have family that work there and have never come across anything strange or secret. I know they flew some nukes and presidents in there, as well as a few stealth fighters but that's about it.

hehe my avatar is a cobweb up close in a corner on the outside of my house, it was the first time I played with mock HD processing, or rather layering (only had multiple jpegs rather than RAW files).

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Lol, good ol' stoke, havent had a chance to have a look around yet though, but i bet there is something there. Theres quite abit of countryside towards leek, might be something hidden up there.

Other than that, i recon its just old pots and a loud football stadium

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What a fantastic idea! This is why I love the internet and sites like this. Like the guy above, I'm in the Glasgow area and would be well up for this. I've heard rumours of secret installations all over Scotland (maybe because its relatively unpopulated?)

Can anyone on this thread with an interest send me a personal message to make plans.

Thanks,

John

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I just tried to U2U you john but ATS places no faith in us lurkers...

anyhoo im near loch lomond, there's an old priest college up the back close to where i live. got the usual masonic, gothic-eske vibe about it. falling to bits these days though.

any idea what sort of secret installations there actually are in scotland? always thought we were a placid, uninteresting bunch
jk

Robbie

-namaste-

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

You'd think so but I actually work in Leek and there's nothing here lol. It's just an old market town really, lots of grass... thats bout it

Good ol Britannia Stadium! Home of the greatest team in the prem

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Whens your trip planned for? I'd be well up for the European leg of the tour. Broke at this moment though

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join