It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Even if they did have weapons, are they not allowed to carry weapons for self defense and security? I thought AK's were allowed...? The helicopter gunner opened fire first, with no real cause to do so, thus what he and his entire team and his superiors committed was MURDER. Pure and simple.

I understand the speculation about the guy peeking around with the RPG or camera. He did not fire, and to me it really looked like a camera. Therefore you can call it a mistake. Except that even if it was an RPG, he did not fire. The helicopter fired.

Just my worthless $0.02

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This demands court a court marshal for the one calling the shots, and the one shooting. All I can say.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
I took the liberty of zooming in on the person with an "RPG". So, RPG or camera tripod, you decide:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e349a707fcc.gif[/atsimg]

NOT an RPG, not even close.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I could trot out some platitude about the insurgents not following the Geneva conventions, but that's all it would be...platitudes.

Supposedly, we're the good guys...last I heard, the good guys follow the rules. This was wrong...horrific mistake or not, either way, they had no business, to my understanding for doing this.

No excuses can, or should, be tolerated.

link   
BBC

It has made mainstream media in the UK now.

link   
And people cant understand why the middleeast hates the west...
I have to laugh at people praising these wars...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

It is supposedly an AK. However, if you slow the video down and magnify you see that it is being carried on a strap the guy holding it with his fingers. He flings in over his back before going toward the wall, carrying it with his left hand fingers. An AK couldn't be swung around in this manner so easily. There are also noticeable visible light coming through the straps. However taken as a whole with the straps and the bag it appears like a weapon at one point as the man swings it around.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
NOT an RPG, not even close.

Can you give an opinion of what you think it is or maybe some images of what you think it is? I don't wanna believe it either, but that's what it looks like.

link   
Truth of the matter is that the US government DID NOT WANT the video to get out. There is a reason why they did not want this video to get out. They are guilty of this crime and they know it.

link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by andy1972

sure am happy! and I sleep well at night to! just so you know I don't feel sorry for these people. and who the heck brings kids to a fire fight? why would you do that I know I would not.

This wasn't a exchange of fire. It was two Apache Helli's shooting 16 people on the street. And the Van that brought the two kids were unarmed trying to help a unarmed man wounded lying on the ground. Is that justification for killing. What kind of threat are we talking about here?

This group of people weren't even in a gun fight to begin with. It took the ground forces about 8 minutes to reach that location. The ground forces didn't even know the location. As they had to ask for coordinates all the time.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytokine_Strom

Huffington Post is reporting it. Looks like its starting to get around, I sent it to CNN as well and your post has the BBC. Hopefully it is given the exposure it deserves.

Huffington Post

link   

I took the liberty of zooming in on the person with an "RPG". So, RPG or camera tripod, you decide:

It is a camera tripod. I see a camera mounting on the end...an L shaped bracket to mount a camera.

link   
Front page of Huffington Post... www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just caught the tail end of it being covered on MSNBC.
I wonder how much momentum the MSM will allow this to gain.
This video made me sick.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If they were carrying AK-47's, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're insurgents. There are private security details (some local) in Iraq that dress in plain clothes. Watch the documentary Heavy Metal in Baghdad and you'll see what I mean.

Also, there are no weapons being fired in the video shown, other than the one on the helicopter. If those are indeed AK-47's and an RPG, the US Military needs to step up and prove it without a doubt.

Gin

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Guardian

On Guardian they wrote that Wikileaks says it will shortly release a second secret US military video showing the deaths of civilians in an attack in Afghanistan. I dont see any info of this on their twitter or homepage.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
And still, as we speak, the top headline on the CNN website is about Tiger Woods!

Unbelievable!

really????? cnn is no moore than an echo of the gov. ofcourse they wont pay atention to it...
its an propaganda station...:-)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

It is a camera tripod. I see a camera mounting on the end...an L shaped bracket to mount a camera.

3 legged tripod with adjustable leg heights and weighted ends with a platform on the top for camera mount.
Yes sir thats all it is.
photocrati.com...
now collapse it.

www.militaryspot.com...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

He isn't the only one either. The guy to his left has what looks like an AK and a couple of the other ones also have long things on their arms. How many tripods could they possibly need?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
The guy to his left has what looks like an AK and a couple of the other ones also have long things on their arms. How many tripods could they possibly need?

They could be microphone booms too.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join