It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The U.S. military propaganda teams are preparing for their media blitz.

They are going to stop at nothing to crush this story and video, and turn it into either a justified attack, or a non-event.

Most average Americans get their news from the MSM, and that fact will not fail to be exploited this time.

The question is.... Has enough damage been done?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Just a few bad apples.... right ATS?

Yep that's the one I'm sick of hearing. Its an excuse to defend murders and psychopaths. Nothing can justify these actions, that's why war needs to be fought face to face. This is like a video game to these guys if they were down there stabbing a knife into someones heart it wouldn't be so easy to dehumanize them.

Wrong. US forces are trained and brainwashed to kill the enemy. KILL THE ENEMY. Butchering them with a knife is no different to gunning
them down.

There is a world of difference you could sit here with controls to a predator drone and shoot people and not feel a thing just like a video game, in a sense its not as real to them. If you have someone's actual blood on your hands and feel the last breath of life go out of them its in your face you can't escape the human part of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Alright, the last several pages of this thread are providing a classic example of the ridiculousness of non-soldiers attempting to analyze the actions of soldiers in a theater of battle.

I'm seeing comments like:
"If you slow the video down, you can see..."
"If you magnify the video, it becomes apparent..."
"If you pause the video here, then clearly..."

We are enjoying the luxury of reviewing a video at our leisure, no risk of being blown out of the sky, no concerns of having a handfull of steel jackets turn our skull into a cheese grater, and no worries over having to hear the pilot say that the fuel line has just been hit, brace for crash. HINDSIGHT IS ALWAYS 20/20. There is a reason for that... in hindsight, you can overanalyze to your heart's content, but in real time you have to make snap judgements and therein lies a little thing called risk. Hell, I was writing this video off to begin with when I thought it was plausible that the troops realized there was a likelihood that they were firing on civilians. Now I'm thinking I made an error in judgement on that and the soldiers had absolutely no reason not to believe they were firing on combatants.

If you have to drastically alter the magnification and play speed on a video to make the reality of the situation visible and plausible to the viewer, then it is completely inappropriate to expect anyone making a snap call in real time to see what you're seeing. Again, IT'S WAR. Would you expect the soldiers jump on a PA system if there's any ambiguity and say "Uhm, we're not sure what you're carrying down there. Mind holding it up so we can see it clearly and then stand there while we analyze what we've seen as if we were browsing the footage on the internet? Thank you!" Another question, would you rather they had erred on the side of caution, made a mistake, and then been killed themselves?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
it was just on msnbc, one of the guests was a member of the council on foreign relations lol, also had one of the co-founders of wikileaks too talking about it

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Angry Mode ON..

I don't know what to say , except maybe ...May the gods have mercy on the souls of Americans , your apathy and greed have caused a lot of harm in this world. I cannot imagine how the US will ever recover from the depths it has sunk to. .....its actually extremely sad.

I wonder how I can say this without using profanities but the US and it's people disgust me. Yes I know them are strong words , Yes , I know , the country is filled to the brim with decent people but that cop-out has run it´s course. All these people don't lift a finger so it don't count. It simply don´t.

Hence the literal disgust.

I do have a love- hate relationship with the US , firmly on the hate side right now but pardon me ,one can take only so much abuse, and the world is fed up with the murderous USA. I am now convinced that the US will not be treated kindly by history, some of you are bound to look back in shame.

My opinion ?

You guys need to grow a set of balls and take your country back.

I'm betting you won't .

Angry Mode OFF.

I still love you guys and it pains me to see this once great country turn into some kind of twisted ,Orwellian,slave-society with a murder-fetish.

The Ol' US of A turns out to be a mirage ,a deception from the start, must hurt doesn't it?

Why you don´t chase these bastards that have ruined your country down the street and tear them apart is and will remain an absolute mystery to me?

Hope you find the strength to turn things around...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by neformore

I could trot out some platitude about the insurgents not following the Geneva conventions, but that's all it would be...platitudes.

Supposedly, we're the good guys...last I heard, the good guys follow the rules. This was wrong...horrific mistake or not, either way, they had no business, to my understanding for doing this.

No excuses can, or should, be tolerated.

The really troubling part about this is the fact that the behaviour of the solidiers in question seemed completely normal.

There was no hesitation or sense of anxiety, in fact they seemed eager to just start blasting away... becoming impatient having to wait for the 'ok'.

How they seemed to act/react in this instance points to the fact that everything we are seeing here, including the murder of the people driving the van IS ACCEPTED TO BE COMPLETELY NORMAL AND ACCEPTABLE.

meaning: this has been going on long enough for them to be convinced it is.

It's amazing this actually found it's way into our hands.

Coverup? yep.

I don't even want to think about how many times this has happened over there... but unfortunately, the body count lets that cat out of the bag.

What is it now? 1.4 MILLION?! ... obviously all of those are "insurgents" right?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well,

This isn't getting as much fanfare because of the lack of video, but is equally appalling, if not more so.

Source Page

US special forces soldiers dug bullets out of their victims’ bodies in the bloody aftermath of a botched night raid, then washed the wounds with alcohol before lying to their superiors about what happened, Afghan investigators have told The Times.

link   
Everyone that wants to see this get the publicity it deserves should e-mail, call, write, or whatever it takes within common and legal means to literally demand this be publicized. Every American and every human being should have a chance to see this and form their own opinion. This could be the nudge some people need to see all is not well.

Here's one link, www.cnn.com...

I'll try to find more

link   
Al Jazeera has it up now...

english.aljazeera.net...

link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
He isn't the only one either. The guy to his left has what looks like an AK and a couple of the other ones also have long things on their arms. How many tripods could they possibly need?

You must've missed my post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
I think Liveleaks deserves that we all donate something to keep it running; to keep the fight for the truth going. Not trying to advertise, but it almost shut down because of funds and I will gladly help to thank for their courage and integrity.

link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

3 legged tripod with adjustable leg heights and weighted ends with a platform on the top for camera mount.
Yes sir thats all it is.
photocrati.com...
now collapse it.

What is your explanation for the dark cone shaped bulb at the front? The thing that looks exactly like an RPG round. Your tripod ends in a different shape.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Fighting terror with terror.

"An eye for an eye makes the world go blind."

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yes it was obvious they were hostile , you can tell that by the way they stood around on the corner withe there backs turned and there hands in there pockets.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I think Liveleaks deserves that we all donate something to keep it running; to keep the fight for the truth going. Not trying to advertise, but it almost shut down because of funds and I will gladly help to thank for their courage and integrity.

Do you mean wikileaks ?

2nd line

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
I took the liberty of zooming in on the person with an "RPG". So, RPG or camera tripod, you decide:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e349a707fcc.gif[/atsimg]

what seems interesting to me is how that thing reflects light in one frame... the surface is too reflective to be an RPG, so to me personally the tripod explanation seems more plausible.

either way:
even if they did have weapons, the important thing is, they didn't fire, nor did they show any intention of firing at anyone. they were just walking around, talking to each other. correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't shooting someone who doesn't actively participate in any hostile action a breach of the Geneva convention, and therefore, a war crime?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Naphariel]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Another question, would you rather they had erred on the side of caution, made a mistake, and then been killed themselves?

As the World's Police Force, and the World's main Human Rights advocate, and the self-appointed Moral Barometer for the world, I would have to answer this question with a resounding, "Yes!"

I see your point, and I fully support the troops, and the original invasion. I also have a lot of friends back from those areas, and I understand the difficulty of the situation. However, they were not taking any fire, there was not any firefight in the area, they had not pursued a suspect, and they were in no immediate danger. Even had it been an RPG, it was hanging at his side useless. Plus, after the initial firing, they would surely have checked for casualties and reassessed the situation, threat removed. Why fire on the van?

Our technology and training is sufficient enough to allow the acceptable risk of verifying the target a little more thoroughly! Some AK47's and an RPG in an untrained hand is not much of a threat to multiple Cobra attack copters with UAV support?

If we go to war on Moral grounds, then we have to take our Morals into that war with us, don't we? If we go into a place to remove a violent dictator, or a repressive Taliban, then we have to take the higher Moral ground in all aspects of that war, or abandon the original premise altogher and admit that it is an occupation for oil?

link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

go look again Maj, unless we have new tech that launches 1" ammo there's the very small ends of the feet to explain.
it is what it is.

link   

Dude...just listen to what the soldiers say. They're borderline psychotic. It's downright sick what these guys are saying. Then again, this is the way they are brainwashed.

link   

Don't you find it kind of suspicious that IF THEY WERE insurgents then they would not be congregating in the middle of a square in the open? If I were an insurgent I would perhaps be aware of the plane/chopper ahead. I have not seen them aware of the plane/chopper until they were gunned down. If they were insurgents it would be smart to stick to the walls and in alleyways and to be barricaded in a home... They were totally unaware of it until someone probably spotted it and decided to get out of it's view for fear that they might e unintended targets? You would see insurgents in some kind of battle stance if they were preparing to fight the enemy. These guys just look like civilians in the middle of a square conversing and walking.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by fordrew]

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join