It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Not going to debate the technicalities of the video.

Am going to quote this

# Article 3 states that even where there is not a conflict of international character the parties must as a minimum adhere to minimal protections described as: noncombatants, members of armed forces who have laid down their arms, and combatants who are hors de combat (out of the fight) due to wounds, detention, or any other cause shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, with the following prohibitions:
SNIP

You can paint what happened any way you want to, but opening fire on the van was a clear violation of Article 3 of the Fourth Geneva Convention as no hostile act was undertaken whatsoever by the driver of the van, the people helping him or the person they were helping.

Exactly right.

And once agin it is shown here to, again the same glee in the act of killing civilians.

In the below what did the two cars driving past have to do with it?

Another breaking of the geneva convention, and again why the glee and joy in killing those people?

(click to open player in new window)

I hope this new Video from Wiki mean that at last the long long list of documentary, video and witness evidense of what has been going on in Iraq, and now Afghanistan is reported by the MSM and people start asking questions, and those responsible get taken to justice.

Elf

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MischeviousElf]

link   
Watch around 3:44; before the shooting starts. The guy in the striped shirt in particular and the guy next to him. About the time that the GI say,"yeah. he's got one too!" It appears that they do have some sort of weapon.

Personally, i hate war; and, this is one of the most depressing videos i have seen, other than the pictures surrounding the My Lai Massacre in Viet Nam.

On the other hand, if these two guys were armed and walking around without a uniform brandishing AK's, the journalist should have known better than to be hanging out with them, as he was a combat photographer. Just common sense. I do not believe that we should be over there policing the world in the first place. But, if it's common knowledge that you will get blown away if seen with weapons; while looking like an insurgent, then why risk it?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ogbert]

link   
reply to post by andy1972

sure am happy! and I sleep well at night to! just so you know I don't feel sorry for these people. and who the heck brings kids to a fire fight? why would you do that I know I would not.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
WOW, That was sickening. My ex knew two really great marines that were deployed to Iraq, yeah they came back with stories of busting ppls doors down during "searches" stealing anything valuable beating the hell out of the residents and laughing there asses off about it. I would never say all are like that because most are not, but just seems they might want to train up the guys not to be all shoot first ask questions later and maybe train them to think not just act.

The video just gave me visions of a police state in the U.S. scary.. Just standing out side in the dead of summer with guys your about to play foot ball with and then bang.. bang.. all hell breaks loose.

Yikes!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Anyone familiar with South Park?

"Watch out, it's coming right for us!"
*boom* *boom* *boom*

(Said as a justification when said thing was not, in fact, coming right for them)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Video Mirrors

Torrent
musicmakes.us...

musicmakes.us... ( pass :reddit)

mp4
hotfile.com...

Youtube
www.youtube.com...

Don't forget to donate to Wikileaks for their bravery and perseverance!

WIKILEAKS

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What do you soldiers get in return for your obedience? Divorce, PTSD, radiation poisoning, loss of life and/or limb, being branded a domestic terrorist when you return home, erosion of your mind and soul, hatred from the world? Oh I forgot, your an HVAC technician now or maybe you get promoted to a higher level of deprivation, but you were just taking orders right? STAND DOWN!!!!!!! Any and all. They aren't going to Court Marshall the entire armed forces. Show the world what your made of and maybe, just maybe we can repair our standing in the world community. There is too much information out there for soldiers to have plausable deniabilty any more. TPTB cannot wage war without you pulling the trigger.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by BrianInRI]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Guardian:
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A lot of the supposed AK's are actually bags with straps. Watching the video you can see them swinging around. Between 3:10-4:10 ish is the best portion to determine what they were all carrying.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ExPostFacto]

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by andy1972

sure am happy! and I sleep well at night to! just so you know I don't feel sorry for these people. and who the heck brings kids to a fire fight? why would you do that I know I would not.

Coming across the scene as there was no firing from however far away the gunship was up and away, the civies had no idea they were even in sights. They just saw hurt people and responded, no doubt the first group never heard rotor wash either, youre terminated from a distance, a very safe distance, no one look up, its fish in a barrel.

link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

What is the guy in the striped shirt swinging?

link   
They are talking about the video and WikiLeaks on MSNBC right now (3:11 central) and they have been for a while. They had the co-founder of wikileaks and some generals on, but people some are praising wikileaks for their work on MSM !

This could get spread around MSM pretty quick, especially on some of tonight's MSNBC's shows (maddow most likely)

EDIT: spelling and addition

[edit on 5-4-2010 by changetheworld]

[edit on 5-4-2010 by changetheworld]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
MSNBC is covering the story right now

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm gonna say this. List the news organisations that post this story here. They're the ones that aren;t government shills.

Any news organisation that isn't standing with Reuters in solidarity over this issue needs to take a serious look at their ethics.

I know Reuters might not be able to say anything but for any of you journo's reading this. That was your guys out there. Don't let this crime go unnoticed.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you for posting that. To me it does appear that some of the men were armed, but opening fire on the van was an obvious violation. I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt and frankly I don't think anyone sitting behind a computer can really know the whole situation but engaging the van and subsequent cover up are absolutely disgusting.

I am far less horrified by the man saying 'Aw damn, well its their fault for bringing kids to the war zone' (paraphrasing) then most others. In all honesty I think that is what I would say to try and trick myself into not completely losing it at that moment. Now some of the other comments in the video did make me shudder.

Thank you whoever leaked the tape, you give me hope for my country.

link   

Originally posted by klhix

If you watch the video carefully you will notice this easily. As far as weapons or no weapons controversy @ 19:25min in video, a ground troop radios to helicopter or other supporting ground unit, " Six, this is four. I got one individual looks like he's got an RPG round laying under him".

I would say that is absolute proof that the group were armed with a weapon that could hit one of the helicopters. That is cause and justification for engagement.

Him GUESSING it was a weapon is enough for you to agree to/justify murder?

As for the people in the van... It was not an ambulance....

Regardless of who was in that vehicle, and/or the fact that children were in it- NONE OF THEM PRESENTED A THREAT, nevermind fired on the choppers.
They were there to retrieve the wounded reporter and were MURDERED for trying.

When the ground troops were ordered in, the first order was get pictures. And just after 19:25 you can see a marine taking photos and walking around with a camera. One more thing, an Ak was identified, an RPG was identified, but nobody on the ground radioed in tripods, camerabags, or Nikon camera's.

Well, isn't that convenient seeing how they GUESSED regarding the weapons even existing in the first place!

What do you honestly think they'd do? "oh #! we just shot a journalist and a few of his friends... we got his camera here..."

Get real man....

link   
I took the liberty of zooming in on the person with an "RPG". So, RPG or camera tripod, you decide:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by inbound
MSNBC is covering the story right now

Awesome! Now CNN and FOX can't hide from this story any longer...I bet they jump on it ASAP.

Of course, Fox will make it "Breaking News" as if it just now happened (the release of the video that is)

link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

you are obviously associated with the government. If you are a soldier, than you for your service. Now I do have a question for you. Is it OK to kill people trying to help a wounded unarmed person? Is there something in the books about that being kind of...I don't know, wrong?

I am sure there are things that happened before this video that made these airman think that there were weapons in that group. In fact, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that there were in fact AK-47's and an RPG launcher. The first kill would have been sort of justified.

What about the van? I need to know if that is OK.

link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

Perhaps because a good journalist makes sure the camera is ready and gets in a good position for the best possible coverage shot.

With the military flying around them it must have meant they were getting ready to engage something - they just never thought it was going to be them!

Wake up

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join