It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Evidence shows Iran is developing nukes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Obama: Evidence shows Iran is developing nukes

www.haaretz.com

Evidence shows Iran is attempting to develop nuclear weapons, U.S. President Barack Obama told CBS on Friday, adding that he felt his administration should continue the pressure on Tehran to cooperate with the international community over its contentious nuclear program.

In an interview to "The Early Show" Friday, Obama said "all the evidence indicates" that Tehran is trying to get the "capacity to develop nuclear weapons."
With such a capability, Obama said that Iran could "des
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Remember this ?

Top Bush officials push case against Saddam

On NBC's "Meet the Press," Vice President Dick Cheney accused Saddam of moving aggressively to develop nuclear weapons over the past 14 months to add to his stockpile of chemical and biological arms.

Cheney-Obama... not much difference.

Time for a draft... Like Bush, he's faking that he only want sanctions and he HOPES it will be successful...

Well guess what? It won't be successful. And the only way ``to stop Iran from making nukes forever`` is to invade.

And the only way to invade a country 3 times the size of Irak and with 3 times the population is A DRAFT... that or a big coalition with European troops...

There's three scenario to stop ``Iran from making nukes``...

- Israel use nukes
- US use 20 tons bunker busters and wipe out most of Iran military infrastructure
- Full invasion

My guess is that Pakistan won't like that. And China/Russia neither. Not to mention the US is near bankruptcy.

We'll wait and see...

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Oh brother........here we go again. However, I wonder if the American people are stupid enough to fall for it again..............probably.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Didnt they already admit they had nuclear weapons?

It used to be all over the forums.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Occupation of Iraq takes far more troops then the destruction of Iran. It wouldn't take us much to blow them up, it would however if we did a leadership change and all that jazz.

I just see us blowing them up.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So you would like us to leave them alone, and do as they please.

Then 5 years from now when a nuke detonates in Tel Aviv, or New York, or London, I absolutely guarantee you would be one of those jumping up yelling "False Flag, False Flag !!!"

You see that's the point, no matter what happens, you will spin any story to make the US out to be the liars and the real reason for the problem.

Yes, the Iraq war was a disaster, and it was based on bad intelligence pulled together by people who had an agenda to invade, but that does not mean that every subsequent US administration who finds evidence of wrongdoing is automatically lying.

Did you even review the evidence before yelling liar?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
north korea has nukes as well, but didnt we give them 50 billion dollars, lets settle this with a bit more of our stimulius package and not nuking people

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

or was it 50 million 3 seperate times, with the clinton administration. regardless, lets not start ww3 here!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a madman. Iranians are good people. "Blowing them up" is a repulsive suggestion.

reply to post by Vitchilo

That's what I was going to say, this sounds awfully familiar.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Someone please tell me why it is a big deal for Iran to have nuclear weapons and it is not for Israel?

Iran signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Israel declined to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

By the way the only other countires to not sign the treaty were India, Pakistan, and North Korea withdrew. India and Pakistan have both publicly confirmed that they have nuclear weapons. Israel will not confirm or deny nuclear weapons.

I am not bashing Israel, but if we are going to apply these standards and sanctions to Iran they should be applied to other countries as well. Or, are we only going after Muslim nations that are not in our pocket?

(NPT)
en.wikipedia.org...

(Countires with nukes)
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2-4-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

EXACTLY!

why other people cant see the blatant double standard is just beyond me.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
dont blame iran for wanting nuks im sure they do as a matter of fact.
and if they get them in time it may just save there country in the end.
what do you think MAD is all about anyway if every one has nuks no one dares use them and if they dont then the big guy will take what he wants.
iran is ovesly aware of this doesent matter if its china or russia or the us
they get enough nuks the big guys back off simple as that use them no more then any of the big guys would.
using nuks only if you want to kill your self along with your precived enemie

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

By the way the only other countires to not sign the treaty were India, Pakistan, and North Korea withdrew. India and Pakistan have both publicly confirmed that they have nuclear weapons. Israel will not confirm or deny nuclear weapons.

This too baffles me. Hasn't North Korea just recently declared that it will use nuclear weapons against the United States and its allies? Doesn't North Korea say these kinds of things regularly?

I find it suspect that we are perched on Iran's borders and beating the drums of war when they have not threatened us. Could it because they have oil resources? I believe so.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Remember this ?

Top Bush officials push case against Saddam

On NBC's "Meet the Press," Vice President Dick Cheney accused Saddam of moving aggressively to develop nuclear weapons over the past 14 months to add to his stockpile of chemical and biological arms.

You hit the nail on the head.

I was about to say, who wants another Iraq War? Because that's what we'll get, despite whatever they say, and in more ways than one.

How many countries would that be us pre-emptively invading now? Three?

And what other industrialized country do we know of from the past 100 years that pre-emptively invaded three countries on corrupt political and racist grounds before starting a world war... Hmmmmm?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Oh brother........here we go again. However, I wonder if the American people are stupid enough to fall for it again..............probably.

I fell for it the first time after 9/11. I was fooled. I didn't even know what DU was or white phosphorus or hyperbaric bombs. I do now.

I won't fall for it again.

Now I think there is a real danger of a false flag with a dirty bomb. They could blame the militia and say some muslims gave them the radioactive material. This way they could seize firearms in the US and have some justification for new military actions in Iran.

Would the American people fall for it? They would probably shut down the internet claiming a cyber attack. Alex Jones would be on shortwave, but they could call him an enemy belligerant.

Limbaugh and Beck would be talked to and would sell out.

But there is a problem here. Putin won't go along with it. He would lose control of the Caspian Sea region if Iran was overrun. Also the Chinese. They probably can get some really cheap oil from Iran if they refuse to go along with UN sanctions.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I know!!

North Korea is like, "Hey! Hey! Look at us! We're awesome; we got nukes and defied you! What are you gonna do about it? Nothing? Grr.. answer us, or we'll blow you and South Korea up!" They really are just asking it for it.

And the U.S. is like, "You are the craziest Asians, there so no way we going back to fight you. You kicked our ass in the early 1950s, and besides you don't have anything we want." We really wish they would just shut up.

It has to be something more than just oil. I mean Canada and the U.S. have tons of oil. I know it is reserves and we are saving it, but is it really worth taking over the entire Middle East instead of just developing an alternative energy source?

Could it be that we are really in a "Holy War?"
Christians and Jews VS. Muslims

The war in Afghanistan was justified if that is where the terrorist were harbored to train, and if the Islamic extremists were the ones that pulled off 9/11. But it seems like after Afghanistan, we just saw how much of a hell hole the whole Middle East was and decided to just wipe Iraq and eventually Iran clean to let them start over a fresh with our puppet governments in place.

Why doesn't Saudi Arabia ever say anything? After all, Saudi Arabia is the biggest, holiest, and most important country to all Muslims. Saudi Arabia is also the world's largest oil producer. In the 70's, Saudi Arabia and OPEC opposed the U.S. supportment of Israel's military and cut off our oil supply. I don't want this to happen again, but why doesn't something like that happen now?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
So you would like us to leave them alone, and do as they please.

Then 5 years from now when a nuke detonates in Tel Aviv, or New York, or London, I absolutely guarantee you would be one of those jumping up yelling "False Flag, False Flag !!!"

You see that's the point, no matter what happens, you will spin any story to make the US out to be the liars and the real reason for the problem.

Yes, the Iraq war was a disaster, and it was based on bad intelligence pulled together by people who had an agenda to invade, but that does not mean that every subsequent US administration who finds evidence of wrongdoing is automatically lying.

Did you even review the evidence before yelling liar?

When was the last time the US elite initiated hostilities based on the truth? it's just not their style. How can you believe the same elite that have lied millions of people dead?

Ever meet or know someone who lies to your face about everything? that dude with the creepy ego that tells long tales of his studly heroism in the face of danger, that guy who exaggerates everything with hyper-drama?

When we meet these people in person they get dismissed as clowns, laughed at.. yet when the town liars are a combination of 2-party leaders.. rather than ignore their stupidity and transparent drama, people give the elite credibility again and again.

The oligarch elite ARE the boy who cried wolf, they always call other peoples kids to arms to die fighting when the party leaders claim to see, yet another... "wolf": like boogie men who have /want are "..addicted to.." "WMDs" that don't exist , or a PT boat attack that never happened, or "terrorist training camps" that aren't there..

Seriously man, look for yourself through history and compare: the HYPE of government claims, versus what really happened... the two are ALWAYS dramatically different... millions of people are dead because of bold face inflated lies and half truths told by the party leaders.. not to mention the erosion of our rights.

iran has no motivation to nuke muslim holy land, aka israel, or the US.. it would be suicide. They do however have a motivation to keep from being attacked & occupied because the boys who cry wolf are at it again..

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senz20
Didnt they already admit they had nuclear weapons?

It used to be all over the forums.

Didn't the Iraqi military use biological weapons on the Kurds in 1988? Yes, they did. That's where "Chemical Ali" came from.

meria.idc.ac.il...

Yet when we invaded in 2003 [edited for correctness], there were no signs of biological, nuclear or any kinds of WMDs.

So what's your point? If Iraq can hide their biological weapons then surely Iran can too.

Do you think America is ready to go through this again? What happens if we invade Iran and we find evidence that they were actually making nukes? Then what? - yep, Obama becomes as despised as GW Bush was.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
First. The US invaded Iraq in 2003.

Second. The Iraqi biological and chemical weapons were provided BY THE USA.

Third. It is a well known fact that Iran and Syria have biological and chemical weapons.

Fourth. Barry Soetoro and Israel are accusing Iran of developing NUKES not biological and chemical weapons.

And Iraq used their chemical weapons on Kurds and IRAN. Iran didn't strike back with those kinds of weapons even if they could because they were not as barbaric as Saddam.

The fact is : Iran with nukes ain't a threat. Mao had nukes, Stalin had nukes, Kim Jong Il has nukes... and they were far more crazier than the mullahs, still they did not use them... Iran wouldn't use them unless Iran would be invaded. Don't screw with them they won't use them if they even develop them.

And all of this is because of Bush in the first place. Because of his 2003 speech on the axis of evil where he branded Iran as a terrorist state when IN FACT Iran was helping capturing the Taliban scum in Afghanistan.

Iran would be our ally right now if it wasn't for that piece of crap Bushtard.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You guys always know i put on here about what happened in my life. Its so others know what is going on with government and police and what they do to people.

How governments and police destroy people is like a mini version of how anglo american empire go after countries.

They have to get the mob against you, and like it works really well as people just want to destroy others. Its the same i think with how they work on big levels with countries. They just make it all up, and like nazis said if you lie enough everyone believes

Here is an interesting question.

Do you guys think that who benefits from health care reform will go along with obama argument on iran, or do you think the people with him on health care will oppose him?

Which do you think?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join