It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Evidence shows Iran is developing nukes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So where is it?

Show us this evidence if it's so blatantly obvious.

Obama is gonna pull a George with Iran it seems like.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

All I can say is lets hope the author of that article is right on all counts...

No war with Iran, peace between Israel and the Palestinians, and the establishment of a Palestinian state would be fantastic...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

What is worse? Signing the NPT and breaking it by having a nuclear program, or refusing to sign the NPT and having a nuclear program.

They seem about the same to me.

Signing the NPT displayed that you had good morals and cared about preventing the planet from nuclear war. GOOD

Breaking the NPT agreement you signed displays that you are slipping off that good train of thought into the darkside. BAD

Refusing to sign the NPT altogether displays that you just straight up never cared about preventing the planet from nuclear war. BAD

I think Iran has figured out they never should have signed the NPT if Israel didn't. Now if it ever comes to war with Israel, Iran is not allowed to develop nuclear weapons while Israel can do whatever they want. You can't win a war if you don't have nukes and your enemy does.

Before they start beating the war drums and putting sanctions on Iran for breaking the NPT, they should make Israel sign the NPT and confirm their number of nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

It should be noted when the treaty was signed. This was long before the "Axis of Evil" speech and all the threats of the Bush era. You can't expect them to play the same game when you threaten them.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Currently the U.S. economy is very fragile, with a very high unemployment rate. Any slight rise in gasoline price cause by the sanctions will cause the economy to collapse. Obama will probably give more weigh to the U.S. economy than Israel`s security. This probably explains his half-hearted approach to implementing sanctions. 97% of Americans can't even find Israel on a map. Probably wouldn't care if it was hit by a nuclear bomb.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Currently the U.S. economy is very fragile, with a very high unemployment rate. Any slight rise in gasoline price cause by the sanctions will cause the economy to collapse.

Obama don't care about that, he's raising the gasoline prices with his cap and trade/EPA deal... so no war with Iran needed to raise prices on oil.

But sure, if you want to add even more stress on oil prices, go ahead! Instead of crashing into a brick wall at 120 mph, let's do it at 200 mph!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
With Iran the U.S. is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I don't envy the position this puts Obama in.

He can force health care reform and energy reforms on the American people with little or no resistance, but either actions or inaction on the Iran issues will have real and serious consequences.

Ultimately Obama may fail on both domestic and foreign policies, from there who knows where this will all go.

A war with Iran would be good for military contractors, at least for a while.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
A MUST READ from Israel concerning this issue -

“Hold Me Back!” - The Consequences Of Attack On Iran

The day before yesterday a correspondent of Israel’s popular Channel 2 called me and asked, in a shocked voice: “Is it true that you have given an interview to the Iranian news agency?

“That’s true,” I told her. The agency mailed me some questions about the political situation, and I answered.

“Why did you do this?” she asked/accused.

“Why not?” I replied. That was the end of the conversation.

And indeed, why not?

www.eurasiareview.com...

JUST READ IT!

I admire that guy for being an idealist, but I think he's being more than a little unrealistic. In my opinion, Israel will never accept Iran as an "equal" and let there be any kind if balance. What if Iran gives its nuclear technology to Syria? What if it gives the Palestinians a nuke or two as leverage in the occupied territory disputes? Israel's answer to being surrounded by countries that hate it is to have the ultimate deterrent - that's what creates the "balance" for Israel. They will not let that balance slip.

As for Israel making peace with the Palestinians, pulling out of the disputed territories, etc...........I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by tooo many pills

So let me get this straight. Iran signed a Non-Proliferation treaty and Israel did not right? So if Iran is developing nuclear weapons they are breaking the treaty correct? Israel has nukes but did not sign the treaty. So who is in the wrong here? I forgot that treaties are nothing but paper to divert attention. So who enforces international treaties again?

Well if you were smart you would have noticed that the treaty allows Iran to build peaceful nuclear technology without any International interference..

US is interfering, it is not because they have evidence of any sort (which is yet to be seen), but because they don't want to loose Middle East to a new rising power.. I would do the same.

If the US looses ME, well sorry about it, you will see the collapse..

Give US a new name and live on like Russia.. Good luck..

And Israel, Israel is in a much bigger wrong than Iran, infact don't even compare the two lol.. Israel is a rogue nuke terrorist nation which has a high potential of nuking even the US.. Propaganda can go both ways, if you are stupid enough to believe it = a tool..

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is a problem here, and that is credibility of the US intelligence department and the State of Iran. I do not believe anything that the US intelligence community would come out with when it comes to making claims against a country that we are not on the best of terms with. We have no means to get in or out of Iran, we can not confirm or even provide hard concrete evidence to that nature that they are developing Nuclear Weapons. With anything, if you develop a nuclear weapon, you have to test it, and that is the only way to be absolutely sure that they possess one. North Korea did that test, stated such and the evidence confirmed such. North Korea, like Iran is a closed country, very few people from the west are able to get in or out of both countries. So what possible evidence does the US have that would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Iran has or is working towards that end? Sanctions that we impose are not working against Iran, cause Russia and China are not going to sanction crippling sanctions, and have in the past unilaterally vetoed such measures in the UN Security council every time it was brought up. And something tells me they are just going to keep going on that aspect, especially since both countries get their oil from Iran.
The US can not afford to get into another armed conflict at this time, we are bogged down in Iraq and Afganistan, nor can we afford to go into another armed conflict as our economic stance is not that good. I think that until we can get firm assurances from China and Russia, we need to think about pulling back from Iran and support more with Isreal.
I do not believe Iran will bomb Isreal, cause they would loose more from doing such, than either side would care to admit. Isreal is the joining point, and has a lot of holy sites that are important to three religions. They may increase support with Syria, and through them the Palestines, but will not go directly into conflict, using both as proxies to fight a war and conflict without dirtying their hands, that way if Syria or the Palestines get whopped on, they can stand back and say We did not do it. If by some strange quirk of fate they actually do manage to win a conflict/war with Isreal, the Iranian regiem would come out and say yes we did support you.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
In my opinion they want to dominate the region so that they could dictate the prices of their resources. We conveniently ended up back in Afghanistan to deal with a Taliban government that we ignored as it rose to power with our help. Remember Unocal? They were opening dialogue with the Taliban so that they could run a pipe line through Afghanistan. The Taliban didn't play ball apparently so they had to be unseated.

The WMD's in Iraq? Yeah, we had a pretty good idea that they were there too as we armed Saddam with them in the eighties. I could provide links to an ABC editorial about this. Do you know why we armed him? So he could use those weapons on Iran. So when that didn't pan out we went into Iraq as well to disarm that terrible mad man that we not too long ago befriended and we made sure he was hanged to death. George Bush hears things from God after all and we had to listen to him.

So now we are on Iran's border and we start hearing about a rogue nuclear program that knew about all along actually. The President of Iran and his leader both have stated that nuclear weapons were not on their agenda because it is against their religion. They have inspectors there all the time. So all of the things we hear about in the news is just to drum up support for an eventual invasion. In my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join