It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Evidence shows Iran is developing nukes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This topic is like a bad ping-pong match...they are developing nukes, they aren't developing nukes, they are developing nukes, they aren't developing nukes......

I say: bring forth 100% irrefutable proof or else I don't buy it.

P.S. Where are Saddam Hussein's WMD's? And we were sooooo sure. It's all propaganda...from both sides.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

So let me get this straight. Iran signed a Non-Proliferation treaty and Israel did not right? So if Iran is developing nuclear weapons they are breaking the treaty correct? Israel has nukes but did not sign the treaty. So who is in the wrong here? I forgot that treaties are nothing but paper to divert attention. So who enforces international treaties again?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Iran is and will be no Iraq.

Hopefully this president fully understands that before giving any authorization for any kind of military intervention.

You'll be dealing with deaths in the millions this time, on all sides and perhaps in retaliatory terrorist strikes inside of Europe, the USA and especially Israel.

Worse yet, it would fulfill religious objectives for the Iranian regime, giving them justification for any kind of retaliation.

You want that in your legacy President Obama?

Go for it.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Of course it's a double standard. Welcome to the real world. Everybody is out for themselves. Iran can't have nukes because it's a tactical threat to US interests and threatens Israel with destruction (in Israel's mind, at least) so that's that. The fact that Israel has the US wrapped around its little finger also makes the whole affair a foregone conclusion.

As for the sanctions - I'm not holding my breath. The only way they're going to get a resolution is to make it weak enough for China to play along. It will do nothing to slow Iran's nuclear work. Israel, ultimately, won't be pacified.

Expect something to happen soon. I agree a false flag event is a strong possibility.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by jackflap

(snip)

The war in Afghanistan was justified if that is where the terrorist were harbored to train, and if the Islamic extremists were the ones that pulled off 9/11. But it seems like after Afghanistan, we just saw how much of a hell hole the whole Middle East was and decided to just wipe Iraq and eventually Iran clean to let them start over a fresh with our puppet governments in place.

Why doesn't Saudi Arabia ever say anything?

((snip))

The alleged 9/11 terrorists acquired their most valuable skill, or their most valuable "training", in florida. Florida should have been immediately bombed, invaded, then occupied by KBR for allegedly teaching terrorists to fly... you know, to keep terrorists from attacking freedom.

The taliban offered to produce bin laden if the US provided evidence of his guilt, "we say so" wasn't sufficient. Either way, the nation of afghanistan committed no internationally recognized act of war towards the US. At best, alleged terrorists might have trained there.. as well as in the US.

Check out "confessions of an economic hit-man" and or video lectures from John Perkins.. he alleges, which can mostly be verified with some research: the saudi royals were bought off after the 1970 oil embargo by the banker gangsters / US elite, the whole agreement to only sell oil in US dollars.. which they can send back to elite US companies purchasing arms, construction (KBR) and other goodies.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is why after twenty years of voting and doing my civic duty with pride (democrat), I have dropped out of the politics.

The last Presidential vote will be my last vote.

This thread, these words Obama is speaking, are the same as Bush spoke before we invaded Iraq.

War will not be far off.

I still have my asses of evil bumpersticker. I wonder if the company is making a new one for this lot of jokers in Washington?

Ahhh what good does it do anyway.

Same old stuff, different party/day/year.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I agree that the USA is not a bunch of liars... its just the people at the top like Obama. Upon reviewing Obamas campaign promises like his idea of letting ordinary people have time to review laws before they pass, and then all the broken promises like not letting ordinary people review laws before they pass, my final verdict is that Obama is a point blank liar, a disgusting person, and someone who is rotten down to the core. Not unlike all the rest of the politicians who frequent Washington DC.

I also note that he is using the MYSTERY evidence argument just like Bush. Oh, there is this mystery evidence that there are WMDs in Iraq. I'll tell you later after we attack them. Oh, there is this mystery evidence that there are WMDs in Iran says Obama. After we attack Iran, you'll find out what it is.

There will be no attack on Iran by the US. If anybody attacks Iran it will be Israel. Hopefully the US government can keep them muzzled. I don't trust Iran to have nukes but then again I don't trust any country to have nukes. The USA is the only country in the history of the world to USE nuclear weapons against another country. If any country absolutely should not have been allowed to have them it is North Korea. Too late. Its almost as if the USA government wanted to have them. Never heard much of a peep about them getting nukes.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
First. The US invaded Iraq in 2003.

Second. The Iraqi biological and chemical weapons were provided BY THE USA.

Third. It is a well known fact that Iran and Syria have biological and chemical weapons.

Fourth. Barry Soetoro and Israel are accusing Iran of developing NUKES not biological and chemical weapons.

And Iraq used their chemical weapons on Kurds and IRAN. Iran didn't strike back with those kinds of weapons even if they could because they were not as barbaric as Saddam.

The fact is : Iran with nukes ain't a threat. Mao had nukes, Stalin had nukes, Kim Jong Il has nukes... and they were far more crazier than the mullahs, still they did not use them... Iran wouldn't use them unless Iran would be invaded. Don't screw with them they won't use them if they even develop them.

And all of this is because of Bush in the first place. Because of his 2003 speech on the axis of evil where he branded Iran as a terrorist state when IN FACT Iran was helping capturing the Taliban scum in Afghanistan.

Iran would be our ally right now if it wasn't for that piece of crap Bushtard.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

First, biological and chemical weapons ARE considered Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs), as are nukes.

www.britannica.com...

Second, whether or not we gave those biological weapons to Iraq or not, the fact is we know that Iraq had them. So where were they when we invaded? Why didn't we find any of them? Did Iraq use all of them on the Kurds? You would think that surely we would find something, some trace of those weapons.

Third, it was Obama himself that said "Iran must not get nukes". Back then he saw Iran with nukes AS A THREAT. Even John McCain agreed with this. It was a campaigning point.

www.canada.com...

my.barackobama.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
so honestly..wtf are they waiting on, a test? this back and forth charad is realy getting old! I realy dont know what to say ...but #e or get off the pott and leave Iran alone to do what it wants. think thats where we are heading anyway just letting them have what they want in the end, while showing our disapproval. "politics" i will never understand.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I know that chemical and biological weapons are WMDs. And IMO they were destroyed in the 90s... since Iraq was under heavy sanctions and did not have pieces, money or technical knowledge to fix them. Maybe they used some parts of those to put on Scuds...

Anyway who cares, the whole Bush administration was saying that Iraq could bomb the US, had links with Al-CIADA and 9/11 and that they were developing nukes. All of that was false.

Third, it was Obama himself that said "Iran must not get nukes". Back then he saw Iran with nukes AS A THREAT. Even John McCain agreed with this. It was a campaigning point.

Even McCain agreed with this? This is supposed to be proof of something? McCain and Obama, the two lunatics agreeing on something? McCain is a constitution hating turd, so is Obama.

Let them have nukes if they want. Boohoo. So Saudi Arabia and other Arab states don't want to get some, force Israel to create a Palestinian state and force Israel to give back the Golan Heights and to sign a peace treaty with Syria. Put Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, ect, under the US nuclear umbrella and put patriot batteries there.

Continue sanctions and try to be honest towards Iran.

What Barry Soetoro shouldn't do : Invade Iran. Let Israel bomb Iran.

If Israel/US bombs Iran, the world economy is screwed. If the US invades Iran, a draft will be needed.

Or you know, do what Ron Paul is advocating, get the hell out of that place. Withdraw troops from Irak, Afghanistan, stop military aid and financial aid to egypt, saudi arabia and Israel. Become energy independant by legalizing marijuana and create massive HEMP farms to create biodiesel. Turn all US cars into diesel cars over the next 10 years. Problem solved.

Let them fix their own BS together. After all it wouldn't be different than what the US policy is in Africa.

If Soetoro want war, he better send his kids, his bitchy wife, all of the White House staff's families, all congress kids and family that can fight BY LAW.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

actually Iran is much bigger than Iraq and Iran has a more developed armed forces. unlike iraq, iran isnt being crippled by sanctions, they have friends (russia, china, venezuela, etc.) Iran would be much more difficult than iraq ever was...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by whoshotJR

actually Iran is much bigger than Iraq and Iran has a more developed armed forces. unlike iraq, iran isnt being crippled by sanctions, they have friends (russia, china, venezuela, etc.) Iran would be much more difficult than iraq ever was...

If you're talking about a land invasion then yeah. That would be almost impossible, and I doubt the US are thinking of that for even a second.

However, the US has devastating aircraft and missile technology that would be unmatched. They could blow Iran back a decade or two without much effort, and I'm sure that's what the plan is.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Good lord. Here we go again. Same line, same plan. Except this time, it really will be WWIII.

Hopefully everyone's too savvy to buy the bs this time around.

(S&F btw)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Stop worrying about who's going to nuke who. How can you positively influence your govt when you fall into their traps? You can control your diet. If your government can control its people through making them afraid that they will, against the will of the people, launch a nuclear strike, then the government has won.

Radiation protection of human lymphocyte chromosomes in vitro by orientin and vicenin.
Mutat Res. 2001 Nov 15;498(1-2):39-46.

Radioprotective Potential of Plants and Herbs against the Effects of Ionizing Radiation.

J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2007 Mar;40(2):74-81.

You can mitigate your fear of nuclear war only by prayer, scientifically reducing your friends and families' risk of death following nuclear fallout exposure. Stock up on holy basil, bulk and seeds, and other radioprotective herbs and supplements, clean food and water and supplies. I believe these days that's how the government is trying to scare you into having a healthy lifestyle without removing the fluoride they force into your water to control you by necessitating bigger government due to more sick and helplessly fluoride-saturated individuals who then need healthcare. Fluoride, war, fear of war, and the relatively new (in the time span of the US) Big Lie one-party system inducing propaganda buzzword "two-party system", and lack of culture shock are a few of the tools in the truly unAmerican tool box.

The Greatest Generation just wasn't prepared to come home and have to defend itself against it's own government. They didn't have the internet, and trusted their doctors, who were handing them rat poison as heart medication. Tens of thousands of heart attack patients were systematically given chemicals that they knew would clog their arteries and go from just an infarction to congestive heart failure. If we let the government take us into a war-state even beyond the illegal War on Terror still being carried out, and allow our ability to defend ourselves against medical threats from the government by having open free internet and research taken away, then you don't have your health, and if you don't have your health you have nothing.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by elusive1]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by sos37

Anyway who cares, the whole Bush administration was saying that Iraq could bomb the US, had links with Al-CIADA and 9/11 and that they were developing nukes. All of that was false.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't the Bush administration coming up with this data, it was the CIA. The Bush administration was parroting what they were being told. They trusted that this information was correct, as did a Democratic majority of Congress when they votes "yes" to go to war with Iraq.

Just like when Obama's staff was advised that passing the second stimulus package would stop unemployment from going over 8% - how well did that turn out? Are you blaming Obama and his staff for seeking advice from an expert? Because all politicians do that. They seek reliable intel data from the CIA. They seek economic data from economic gurus. Etc., etc.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If Iran is buliding nuclear weapons then I don't see why it would be so hard to get real proof, so why is there none? Personally speaking, if real proof was obtained I'd have no objection to anyone invading them to stop it happening, the last thing we need is another middle-eastern country with nukes, does that sound wrong of me? If it does I don't give a crap, my family is more important to me than me sounding politically correct, I don't want any more of these backward thinking middle-eastern government trying to blow everything up in order to 'fulfil' relgious prophecies or to settle their petty land ownership squabbles e.c.t.

Iran with nuclear weapons is a frightening thought, I don't care if they have the right to these weapons, we're past the point of what's fair and what's not, if proof is found they must be stopped. However, it must be real proof and not just hearsay from slack-jawed Obama.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
is it me or have we seen this before with bush???

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Have I preached this outcome for years here in ATS? Just one year ago only few of you guys were backing my continuous claims, that Iran will be targeted soon - and attacked after, no matter what Obama was telling or talking. How many repilies I have get ... "never will happen" ... Really?

Another great sign how cospiracy works in highest level, and how nothing is there to stop it... You think, we really can wait some negotiations happening after these baseless claims? WMDs in Iraq, uh?

Obama - "What a change?" - Yeah, right... - "Ask Hans Blix!"

I promised year ago when Gaza strikes begun, that after that slaughter there are no way back... "Gaza 911" was done. It was beginning, and now is the next phace - From "Cast Lead" to "Joint Lead" ---

NWO is alive and well - Banksters Illuminati is real enemy - not Iraq or Iran, or what ever they are up to conquer and slaughter because of corporation profits and one world government.

"Ahmadinejad warns Israel against second Gaza war"
www.presstv.com...

Escalation in ME, use of nukes and following WW3 in months - thats where we are heading here just like Zionist agenda has promised.

"Sitting ducks" in Persian Gulf are soon to be targeted with "Sunburns", dont also not forget that fact! Next war will be bloody and revenge will grow in your hearts when great defeats reach your minds and TV sets in western world.

Remember the,n that there is only these lies by your own government behind those ruined and sunked NAVy ships... Iran is no joke, thats first real war what is coming to USA after Vietnam. I mean real losses and bloody battles... We are all doomed to suffer from Zionist NWO.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I recomend this article:

What War with Iran Means

america-hijacked.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A MUST READ from Israel concerning this issue -

“Hold Me Back!” - The Consequences Of Attack On Iran

The day before yesterday a correspondent of Israel’s popular Channel 2 called me and asked, in a shocked voice: “Is it true that you have given an interview to the Iranian news agency?

“That’s true,” I told her. The agency mailed me some questions about the political situation, and I answered.

“Why did you do this?” she asked/accused.

“Why not?” I replied. That was the end of the conversation.

And indeed, why not?

www.eurasiareview.com...

JUST READ IT!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join