It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation + Why Memories are Erased Between Lives?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is just a theory.

Have you ever had that feeling of some distant memory, in some distant life? You begin to associate an unexplainable feeling to this memory, something you can never put your finger on. The traces of this time and dimension exists, only what you can not comprehend you cannot categorize.

Does that alone prove a soul exists? The understanding that there are things that humans will never be able to understand? For that alone proves there is more to this life, and all the rules that go along with it. Such as Death.

A completely inconceivable reality beyond what we could never even perceive. It's erased between points for a reason.

I believe it may even be erased on purpose, by ourselves maybe even for our own good.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My theory is that the memory loss is entirely for your benefit. no one wants distinct memories of a murder suicide for example. its a way of starting fresh so that in this life you may actually learn enough to remove yourself from the karma cycle. i have yet to try and remove myself from the cycle as i think it would be an astral projection where you cut your umbilical/silver cord and be birthed a purely concious entity. but this is just my esoterically educated opinion. id love for someone to prove me wrong but it seems to fit the bill nicely.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OdovacarDvilhelm

Yes, memories of past lives, in most cases, are not available for the "ego" evolving on this planet. As long as we are subject to astrological programming, we cannot remember past lives for it would not benefit the soul's experience.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBranch

I agree.. no-one would want to vividly remember all the ways they died in the past, that would suck. I think we do remember subconsciously though, giving rise to phobias and the like.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
One time I imagined a city in the clouds, and there was a path in the middle of the city and a guy would walk down the path and then fall off the cloud and free fall until they hit the ground. How do I know if this is just a random thought or a memory from a past life?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
How do I know if this is just a random thought or a memory from a past life?

How do you know if that is really air you are breathing?

come on now man use your discernment here. if the person you are watchin in you head does what you discribed there might be that possiblity that you lived out that event but unless you are in a trance state or on really good drugs then its unlikely you will just up and channel your past life. however chances are excellent that if you entertain the idea of a multiverse type reality that the vision you are thinking of actually happened or is happening or will happen eventually so you could just be thinking in the wrong direction amigo :]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
just one question,
how can sustained reincarnation (recycling souls)
make any sense > since, the human population has GROWN to
6,834,953,600 . . . and is still growing ?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I believe it may even be erased on purpose, by ourselves maybe even for our own good.

First off, the word "re-incarnation" is fully misinterpreted by society. According to ancient hindu scriptures and Gnostic doctrine, ONLY avatar-masters can re-incarnate. And "avatar" is free of ego. He/she voluntarily fought his/her psychic imperfections, evil mind elements that build the ego, through several disciplines and metaphysics activities. After the ego is gone, this people has become an avatar with awaken consciousness. It's said they can control the elements. Also it's said they can choose HOW, WHERE, WHEN and in WHAT body they will re-incarnate. This implicates 100% conscious act. They are in the control of their lives. They are free karma. In the other hand, we, ordinary people CAN'T chose nothing. We are stuck in the "Samsara Wheel", we birth, we live, we die and we re-birth over and over, in a endless cycle. We are stuck by karma we acquired in past life. One avatar have full memory of all about their past lives. We have very faintly flashes, most like deja-vu moments. It's rare but some common people can have more intense remembrances, but not that accurate. The hypnosis supposedly can spark large flames of memories. But the karma has a mechanism that prevents remembrances that mess with the possibility of progress and personal changing. For instance, a nazi military that did all kind of barbarian violence... when he died and returned with a new body, would be impossible he pass thru childhood, having memories of the crimes he made. The past memory wasn't completely erased, but enough to keep a balance that allow him have certain feelings and flashes and chose a new path or the same path... However, past life memories can spot usually in dreams or nightmares or even in diseases that make people think "I can't believe it's happening with me, I must have done something very bad in another life"... many people say stuffs like that, without realize the truth behind this.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If we were born without the tabula rasa, i.e. blank slate, and had a totality of cumulative knowledge, we would not learn anything new.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It's the closest thing to proof of a soul I can find.

The fact we can comprehended the fact that there are concepts we can't comprehend. That understanding, it's as if we knew previous concepts in some distant time or dimension and have forgotten on purpose.

We know there are things we can't understand in this life, as if we've done a cycle and forgotten the previous reality's concepts all on purpose.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
just one question,
how can sustained reincarnation (recycling souls)
make any sense > since, the human population has GROWN to
6,834,953,600 . . . and is still growing ?

my thoughts exactly! but people will use animals souls as an excuse, saying some people come back or were animals. if reincarnation were real, I'd have taken myself out of this life years ago

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

There are way more souls that proceed to reincarnate than people can imagine.
A good book to read about this is "The secret doctrine". You can find the pdf hereThere are many planets where souls can evolve, not just our planet.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Your missing my point, I'm saying these souls come from many indescribable places and have gone through many cycles some so alien to the next that the memory erase is necessary in the first place.

Not all souls recycle on earth. One good reason to have a memory erase between cycles.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBranch
My theory is that the memory loss is entirely for your benefit. no one wants distinct memories of a murder suicide for example. its a way of starting fresh so that in this life you may actually learn enough to remove yourself from the karma cycle. i have yet to try and remove myself from the cycle as i think it would be an astral projection where you cut your umbilical/silver cord and be birthed a purely concious entity. but this is just my esoterically educated opinion. id love for someone to prove me wrong but it seems to fit the bill nicely.

Try this then:

You are an energy slave for entities outside of visible light and they need you here on earth in the body u have now so that u create energy, the reason Karma/most religions were invented is so that u keep choosing to return to earth, because they cannot force you to come back, so they trick you and keep their energy sources coming back year after year.

the world is a holographic power plant, no religions are real .. when u die leave ... just leave and never come back, don't accept any deals with them (the ones claiming to be guides or angels or whatever) don't give in to their threats, they will try and make you choose to come back by telling u if you don't a soul u love will be tormented ... you are infinite consciousness why do you need to learn or pay off anything ... the create a fiat currency system on earth so that we do what we are told and conform ... and a fiat karmic system to keep you coming back when u die.

Do you really believe that we are here to pay off some karmic debt ??? and if so .. that would mean that not even your soul is free ... and what if they charge interest on these karmic debts just like they do with the current monetary system (as above so shall be below).

we are trapped here we are tricked into reincarnating so that we can supply another life time of energy. PEOPLE JUST LEAVE ... why do you think there are so many people on this planet. Its because people are so entranced with the lie and the pretty colours that they forget who they really are and choose to come back time and time again.

why do you think suicide is this taboo thing its because they don't want to have to keep sending you back and tricking you all the time also they don't want the chance that ull bugger off more often then they should .. thats bad business and wastes energy. I feel depressed people are people that have come back so many times that most of their spiritual energy is tapped, they can be cut loose and thats were ghosts come in, they are souls that have been cut loose because they no longer produce enough energy in human form to be cost affective, but because our culture is set up the way it is with no education about what the hell to do when u die, they hang around for so long they start to get frustrated and some times lash out.

I could go on for a while but i think u get my jist

The reason you forget is because if you remembered you would have left a long long time ago ... if we remembered we would remember that we were tricked into coming back here or at least some one would and they would tell others ... thats bad for business .. i think its funny that no one realises why the world is set up the way it is ... it is set the way it is because they know it works on both levels

[edit on 30-3-2010 by King Loki]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So does this explain why tuna stocks have been depleted, yet the human race has kept increasing in numbers?
Anyone have memories/Deja vu of being a tuna in their past life ?
lol

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ToneDeaf]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The reason you forget is because if you remembered you would have left a long long time ago ... if we remembered we would remember that we were tricked into coming back here or at least some one would and they would tell others ... thats bad for business .. i think its funny that no one realises why the world is set up the way it is ... it is set the way it is because they know it works on both levels

i like earth tho and i have yet to feel any sort of malignant feelings from my suroundings. i am master of my destiny not some vague evil energy field good sir. i admit there are beings out there that would wish to control things but inside they have morals and codes of conduct as well so nothing is completely without value. all have the option to become better and more understanding just not everyone takes the road to unselfish thinking.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The lack of memories is what kills any belief I might have put into reincarnation. I know to some it makes sense. Not to myself.

If reincarnation was a method in which a soul attempts to learn new things or correct old mistakes due to that not being possible to do in some alleged spiritual realm, the experience is made essentially impossible from the lack of previous memories. You'd be doomed to constant repetition of errors and learning the same things over and over again. Never knowing what is necessary to stop a reincarnation cycle that has some sort of requirement upon it to end.

Lack of past-life memories would also inexorably leads to humans acting badly towards other humans. Ignorance leads to all sorts of human misery even without the notion of reincarnation behind it. If reincarnation exists that would only make out situation worse as past life memories would likely go a long way to stop humans from behaving so poorly to our own kind. Unless this lack of past-life memory is part of the plan to enable such behavior. Which again to me makes no sense.

If we do have some type of spiritual existence and reincarnation is the truth of the matter, the reasoning behind it surely still eludes us as I have yet to read any explanation that makes enough sense.

If reincarnation is real I could only see it making sense if it was an arbitrarily forced position for us to be in and not some educational or learning exercise. Memory retention would be key for the latter options to work, in my opinion.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

I don't think that would be your choice. I believe that reincarnation is a process of graduation. When you continue in the right direction, you will be at different positions in your life with an assortment of obstacles you must be able to overcome. When you reach a certain peak, then complete graduation outside to the 4th density will take place.

Now in order to graduate, you must reach a certain level of understanding within yourself. After progressing through many lives, hopefully by the deadline of graduation ( I believe will be 2012 ) you will ascend.

Life is about positive and negative actions and reactions. There is good and evil for a reason. It wasn't just plopped on this world for our own amusement. It's a test and naturally, the people with goodness in their hearts will have a certain graduation, the in between may have to repeat, and the highly negative will have their own graduation process also.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

i guess this is very personnal issue the way you identify yourself being and your sense of what may be your source without being you or your condition of thoughts and feelings making you realize a path attachment to watever you may associate it with and could be revealed to you

but my point would be to say that nevertheless nature and its elements force powers dont recognize our being existing at all, we as bodies exist fully and truly
it is not the body that is the body existing it is the awareness of the body that is free of observing and witnessing itself from the body senses

so im telling you the origin of souls but also how you are never your soul

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

so what i mean for the question here, is that to me when the body dies it is logical that a lot of that life dies too, i mean the awareness of it die for sure since the elements constituting it die
like anything the awareness was because of the body senses or because of objective reality life then i dont see how it can survive in any memory

some thoughts maybe could stay if they touched a depth of the awareness out but then related to the awareness base freedom conception to live
but then it is not with senses maybe attachment to kind of reference but not same reality then it was actively meaning from another body of similar base means to live

that what explain what religions then god said in his books that humanity exist of one or two men or selves or souls, it means how it doesnt matter because each body is himself one as reality living free in objective reality truth life
and even that jesus or whatever another it died, it is not a reference to be proud of itself being it, i mean even if there was an awareness in void that sound superior true, that value is to truth and not to that conception, because the value of concept life is its objective realisations, that is why as i said jesus is not better then you and anyone can be better then gods

you can realize nothing but if you really meant to never realize something negative to truth logics, you are then absolutely not in negative truth as at least absolutely in positive neutral truth life and that is superior because even the zero if it is real living it is superior of its forever evolutive senses and ways of future means to set the present nothing living

sorry for my english but maybe it is better with such miserable expressions that some things might be said while it offend a lot of people that already make so much issues about stupid points sorry i mean no offense to anyone

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join