It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation + Why Memories are Erased Between Lives?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't believe in reincarnation, but for the sake of argument assuming it is real, perhaps we lose our memories because in many cases they would be completely incomprehensible and simply confuse us. Imagine having the memories of a bacterium or an alien or a hummingbird or a turtle. That would mess you up, I think :p

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

i dont understand how you reach your ways of thinking, who is making the decision to forget what do you mean what is having that choice memory

it is like you start with conclusions set and have fun in creating issues or sources of

what that you exist already not a body and you are sure of that while that certain come along in lives and stay there for random stuff over and over and like it while never say what he is always, dont you see how crazy you think sorry lol

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Possibly because memory is just as biological thing as shape of nose or color of eyes. Memory stored in brain and brain dies. In my opinion soul is not about memories or experiences - it is about choices between universal good and bad.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
ok i got one for ya.

When i was about 10 years old I had 2 seperate dreams of being the same dude with long white hair (but young). I saw him from a spectator point of view and then i entered his body/view... and my mind went -------- What I mean was, when i was 10 I couldn't understand the mind of an adult and I had dreams of my future (which I have witnessed the unfolding).. and i was blown away by the feeling and as I got older in the visions my mind was more clear and I do meditate very ritually, i see the progression. When I entered the mind of the white haired dude it was like knowing everything in the universe yet having a blank mind, just being completely aware on the object of focus.

I won't get into just how wacky this "dream" got, but I could see auras. The 2nd dream I was that dude and I WILL fill you in on the wackyness... i asked 3 people in this temple to erase/empty my soul so tp speak, yeah!... so one second I was that mind blowing exerperience of being this dude, the next i was a floating ball that confused, scared, happy, moving all over the place, i was BLANK... I even felt them drain something from me. The reasoning i told them was I wanted to live a human life and learn from it.

When I woke up I felt like I was travelling into the future, it took like 5 seconds but it felt like I was living every year. When I woke up I had a number in my head like 10500 or 11500 roughly but it was exact.. and that was a number of years, it said like "11500 years" and the word Atlantis, and 2012 in my head.. WHA-WHAAAAT...

ok.. right..

so me being like 10.. I said "Atlantis wasn't real, or its not there anymore, thats what my teacher says" and "2012, nothing profound can happen by then, not technologically, thats not very far away, i don't get it"... and I just shrugged it off as non-sense.

Well here I am years later the urban shaman.

Past lives? it seems like a non issue to even wonder about, among other things, like death... i've had so many F'd up experiences that its all just, whatever.. more beliefs that seem solidified and justified onto the pile, they don't concern me. I'm too focused on THIS life to care about the ones before or AFTER.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I do feel it would be a complete overload if we remembered all of our lives, because we'd of course probably have different personalities from them too. It would be like sharing your mind with 10000 egos.

Just from the first couple/few years when I started meditating I found so much crap in my subconscious that i was unaware that was somehow still haunting my every thought and decision. I can't imagine dealing with past life stuff, not quickly or easily.

All the guilt, pain, and attachment. I've had like 3 past life recalls and it seems easy to become attached to that life, those memories, get lost in the nostalgia, and somehow miss out on understanding your life's purpose.

Who knows what we are truly capable of but if complete past life recall was unlocked, probably with a bunch of other things, it would be a vastly different consciousness then we are used to. I would think it would be something that would happen gradually but who knows.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

the existing true is the realisator of living reality wether abstractly as a conception by rejecting negative reality for or positively by being real in meaning positive free present objective life

i guess that equation is objective of truth, it apply objectively too on truth conception life, existence truth is that junction of what is common between free positive will and free positive certainty sense, that common becoming present existent one meaning its own free absolute positive life

that is why we could observe that, the more objective reality is alive the more existence true are not, because then awareness cant compete with what is already living real so it wont realize anything present as itself life means reality
and the more objective reality is positive concept source the more true ones rise as existing true through individual realisations of being positive free real present one, or of course in those ages of free positive means, stimulations touching a lot of minds to mean positive opportunities ways, saying ways of existence without yet existing really themselves

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
sorry to insist on clarifying my thought here of existing true process,
it is like you grasp that common between objective positive absolute sense and your positive will sense absolutely, then you get free out of it but it is your source base realisaiton but not your realisation alone, then free from it as aware free with nothing, you see there the present to realize, that present is then existing true as that awareness realizing it, the present reality you realize is objectively with whole reality positive one life, but the realisator of it is the existing which is the awareness freedom alone
and then you could also be free of that awareness as realisator of present free reality, by meaning that awareness sense of living free which is more freedom dimension then the awareness one that is attached to the concept of positive realisations to jusify itself existing among whole objective reality life

so that sense of free living is you and noone else then from what you the existing awareness really understood loving of what you alone objectively realized while meaning positive free life

but of course in order to keep that sense you must assert the existing awareness base that is also because of positive base assertions first, so you dont stop realizing objective positive realities but less taking all the place of what you do

now what i had to do for this was the opposite at the same time since i havent any clue and all is obviously negative living even if the sense of positive truth is there
like rejecting objective negative reality life for positive concepts objective sense and seeing of that the common with me as aware there of hating me being there and also for what i am right for positive true certain sane sense taht evolve normally, so saying the common of both objective and subject freedom as a base allowing me to realize a negative step present meaning to break negative condition and free myself of

the positive logic is more easy to see the negative one is very hard because it is against any common sense truth

but the negative way is the most true one existing now and that is why we do it as the only base of true being for watever the being suffer or mean to itself existing certaitny

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"Nearly six decades ago, a 21-year-old Navy fighter pilot, James Huston jr on a mission over the Pacific was shot down by Japanese artillery. His name might have been forgotten, were it not for 6-year-old James Leininger. Quite a few people — including those who knew the fighter pilot — think James is the pilot, reincarnated. James' parents, Andrea and Bruce, a highly educated, modern couple, say they are "probably the people least likely to have a scenario like this pop up in their lives." But over time, they have become convinced their little son has had a former life."

This is the story that convinced me fully, although I already believed in reincarnation. The kid had a meeting with about 5 or 6 of the pilots fellow sailors from the aircraft carrier, he recognized them and called them by name. Good enough for me.

Some children do have past life memories which rapidly fade. Most parents just ignore it but a few encourage the children and are able to pick up bits and pieces.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
As a skeptic of reincarnation of life after death in the matter, I've got some questions:

1. If reincarnation is real why wouldn't you be able to remember your past lives? It's like going on a road trip not knowing where your coming from and in turn don't know where your going. Wouldn't I benefit from the knowledge of where I've been so I can keep on evolving instead of being on this Earth running around like a chicken with it's head cut off?

2. If the earth is like a school, why do we have to come here to learn? Couldn't we learn in spirit form? Like the astral planes or something. Why this human form?

3. If we are this all powerful infinite consciousness, then what is there to learn? If we are infinite, then it seems we'd already have experienced and have knowledge of everything. If we have to experience this life to learn something, then it doesn't seem like we're very infinite does it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OdovacarDvilhelm

I think they are erased to prevent any ANOMOLIES FROM COMPLETELY DISRUPTING THE MATRIX.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
As a skeptic of reincarnation of life after death in the matter, I've got some questions:

1. If reincarnation is real why wouldn't you be able to remember your past lives? It's like going on a road trip not knowing where your coming from and in turn don't know where your going. Wouldn't I benefit from the knowledge of where I've been so I can keep on evolving instead of being on this Earth running around like a chicken with it's head cut off?

2. If the earth is like a school, why do we have to come here to learn? Couldn't we learn in spirit form? Like the astral planes or something. Why this human form?

3. If we are this all powerful infinite consciousness, then what is there to learn? If we are infinite, then it seems we'd already have experienced and have knowledge of everything. If we have to experience this life to learn something, then it doesn't seem like we're very infinite does it.

Have you ever thought that there may be knowledge that we really should not know or even comprehend during this life? What about concepts that totally contradict each other? - the insanity that would be created.

If souls are not taken from earth but rather put on earth from other places, than memory wiping may even be mandatory to even live out this life in the first place and perceive what we are.

As I said, that feeling of the unimaginable that understanding of the beyond, like the scars are still on us, proof of a soul.

All in theory of course.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Do you know the other players' hands being dealt in a game of poker? No, you don't know and you would probably not play if you did. There would be no point.

What would be the point in reincarnation if we knew what we were here to do without making any effort to find out? The law of free will gives us the opportunity to find out who we are. If we were born into a certain life at a certain time knowing who we were, that wouldn't exactly be free will in the sense that we would come with fully-developed thoughts from past lives, ect.

Life is a game. The second people realize this, the easier it becomes. It is a challenge. You don't know test questions before an exam, otherwise you wouldn't have to study, go to school, ect. It would all be pointless.

Reincarnation is the process of working through karma built up over several lives with the true intent to WANT to change. If we knew we had to change based on our past lives, that would mean we are just changing because we know we have to. It's easier than it seems why our memories are erased. These are my beliefs based on my research at least. You can believe them or choose not to though. best of luck either way.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by doped00

These questions have been asked over and over. Everyone asks these questions. Here goes a short answer.

1) Remembering past lives would be counter productive. It would actually hold you back more than help you. You chose this life for a reason. Think of it this way. Imagine some guy named Bob that you meet on the street. Now imagine that Bob allowed you to know everything about him, all his memories, emotions, fears, hopes, every possible little detail. Then you have to walk around your own life having all that data along with your own. Do you think that would help you live the rest of your life knowing about Bob constantly? I bet you have a hard enough time even remembering all of your OWN childhood. Now multiply that by around 10,000 lives and walk around with that. Some of these lives would not even be as a human so that just compounds the issue.

2) Short answer is that we don't! We do not have to be here...we choose to be. We can and do learn from these other sources; not just between lives, but constantly. We are multidimensional beings which means part of you is in all of these places at once. It is where the majority of your focus lies that makes up your reality. You are now focusing on your life on Earth in 3D. You can meditate or sleep/dream and be focusing on the other realms at that time.

The rest of the answer is....we are here to learn at an accelerated rate. We are here to experience and choose. Between lives we have access to endless information and help. In what way would you learn more...through reading a book about fishing or actually going out and fishing over the summer? It's not just about the experience. It is about making choices and evolving those options through new understandings of love, compassion, forgiveness, and finding NEW ways to express these.

3) The above addresses this question as well. The bottom line is that we are evolving even when we are in the form of spirit. Until we reach the level of returning to God. If you had all the answers and every resource at your disposal, there would be no point in existence what so ever. This plan God has would be an utter failure from the beginning.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would also like to address the other question people ALWAYS post regarding past lives and the same question they use to dismiss the subject.

If there are 6 billion people now plus all those from the past then how can there be enough souls when there were just a handful of the population back when...... You get the point.

This is limited human thinking at its best. The spirit has split into thousands of souls/lives. Do you understand that WE ARE GOD. We are all a part of God as is everything in existence. This is the meaning of 'We are all ONE'. God split, and we split as well.

You must also remember that time does not exist. Therefore when you are speaking of past lives you are really speaking of parallel lives happening right now. Your past, future, and present lives are all happening simultaneously. It is simply a matter of your focus. When you access a past life, which I have done, you are really accessing another timeline but a parallel life. What you do in each scenario affects the others. You carry energy from one to the other. It is all part f the evolution of spirit.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Where do you guys get your reincarnation information as facts? It's like you were let in on some secret and I wasn't, about the secrets of the universe.

I'm willing to bet you got it from another source, a website, person, or a book, and now believe it to be true. Based on what evidence? Reincarnation is probably someone's or a group of people's theory about life, started a long time ago and has survived through the ages, like the bible.

On what evidence do you believe reincarnation to be fact?

Past life regression therapy? Ok, so you have an imagination, I've got one too.

Between my spirit form and my human birth, how did I miss out on all this information?

I believe you go into this world with the same information as me, which is a whole lot of nothing. Everything else is theory, speculation, or belief.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm not saying reincarnation is fact, My theory isn't similar to buddhist reincarnation either. As there are not enough souls on earth alone no matter how you look at it.

I'm simply saying, the capacity to know that things exist beyond our perceptions, suggests that unlike many other creatures, we have had those additional concepts and simply erased them.

When you white out something on a paper, you can still slightly see the white out mark.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

Heh, well I didn't really think out my scenario too closely, but I guess the way I presented it, maybe God or some godlike beings wipe your memories? I don't really know. All I meant to say is it would do really strange things to you if you had memories of being an amoeba or something like that :p

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That ability, to understand the beyond, the abyss, total contradictory reality, complete and utter chaos. Is that not evidence of a soul? The understanding of what is beyond understanding.

I personally am not convinced that's what I started this discussion.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

i guess you confuse powers confusions with yourself source as true energy willing to realize its free life for always or for a point
that is why we sleep a lot we are constantly in nothing that you call it love because of the sense that all there is united as nothing whole but positively
but we mean somethings and sometimes more

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I personally feel, our memories are wiped and we are here against our will. We rely on electrical signals from our brain to interpret everything around us. We don't get to see light or images, as our eye converts this to electrical signals for our brain, same goes for hearing, touch, everything.

I feel we are living an imaginary life with no perception of what is really out there, outside our living bodies. And we are reincarnated to this position every life time, just kept in the dark, lost. lol.

Can anyone relate to this?
Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join