It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Left NASA: A Curiosity of Spirit

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GerhardSA

Buzz Aldrin is with a company that is developing instantaneous gravity wave based communications systems.

The company is called GravWave.

*This technology has potential for military use - so if it is being used, the official story for those not properly cleared to know about it's status will likely be that it is still in the experimental stages.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ukredstar
Believe it or not, if I were to write about details of my life or a particular topic in such detail I honestly don't think I'd have the time to read through the monumental amounts of drivvel on this thread and reply or have the time to post everything at once.

If you don't want to respond to people then don't post your story in a forum. Keep it in your blog and not on a discussion site if you just want to hear yourself speak.

I mean, if you don't have time to respond to questions about your story why come here?

Another point would be to expect drivel to pop up in web-forums.

No one will coddle you from that reality so just be mature, avoid over-sensitivity, and handle it by ignoring those you consider not worth responding to.

Maybe the OP is busy too?

It is possible.

I would suggest not starting a thread till you have your story ready and can devout a modicum of time to those willing to discuss it.

Don't post parts of your story, end each by saying come back later and then claim you are too busy to talk about it with anyone.

Just my suggestion.

Granted that most members have been patient and courteous but the minority should give the OP a break and keep on topic.

Welcome to the internet.

Ignore the rude minority and let the Mods handle them but respond to the considerate majority. It's not hard. Putting everyone in the same category as them and simply ignoring us all won't win you any support.

I personally think he is cutting and pasting from something he has ALREADY written.
Either way he surely can respond to people in this thread, it isn't that difficult and the questions will keep on growing especially if he doesn't...as you can see.

"Cut-paste-log off", is not the best approach.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by HIWATT

he posted the third part already, on his blog. so if'n you're interested, just find his blog link in this thread, and go forth

yawn...

he came on here with guns blazing promising to "tell us more"

if he doesn't have time to live up to his own words, why should i bother to go out of my way and funnel traffic to his blog?

i'm going to bed instead.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Buzz Aldrin is with a company that is developing instantaneous gravity wave based communications systems.

now this IS news... Google-ing right now

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by HIWATT

he posted the third part already, on his blog. so if'n you're interested, just find his blog link in this thread, and go forth

yawn...

he came on here with guns blazing promising to "tell us more"

if he doesn't have time to live up to his own words, why should i bother to go out of my way and funnel traffic to his blog?

i'm going to bed instead.

I just woke up and spent way to long trying to make sense of this non-sense. Sweet dreams.

I am totally amazed at the membership here on this thread and pretty pissed with a delinquent or fraudulent OP.
Am I seeing correctly or does this thread have 96 flags?
What the hell for? And more stars than Apollo pics.

Why did the OP leave NASA?
Does any one know?
Heeeelp!!! Please. Is this how it goes here in the gray area?
Can you do a OP and not address it?
Have the Mods been notified?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm actually a lot less detestable in person

As for the dishes: be careful what you offer. You haven't seen the state of my kitchen! Suffice to say, people come and take photos of it to scare their lazy children. I wish my mother had shown me photos of such a horrific site.

Must say though, that the roaches are tickled pink
;-)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

Originally posted by Exuberant1

now this IS news... Google-ing right now

GRAVWAVE LLC MISSION STATEMENT

GravWave® LLC is a Company dedicated to the research, development, and manufacture of products involving the generation, detection, and application of High-Frequency Gravitational Waves or “HFGWs,” utilizing patented, proprietary technology. Founded in 2000, it is the first company to pioneer efforts to create important practical, commercial and military high-technology applications for HFGWs. Such applications include, but are not be limited to, communication, propulsion, remote force generation, imaging, energy generation, radioactive-waste-free nuclear-energy generation, astronomy, and applied physics....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

not to throw the thread entirely off topic but:

roach prevention in the land of palm trees and space ships--

get the following items:

mule team borax
sugar
bowl
spoon

mix borax with sugar, equal parts. stir. use spoon and bowl like mortar and pestle and smash the particles together. then using spoon, sprinkle around crevaces and hotspots, like along the join between wall and countertop, or join between wall and floor where trash can resides, etc. make sure it is out of reach of small children and animals. the bugs carry off the sugar particles with the borax dust attached.

and back on topic. is the op going to post here again? wonder if the posts on this thread have chased him off?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

he's the senior scientific advisor.

there's lots of stuff out there on the internet, like

sea launch
www.boeing.com...

never really thought about companies launching from the ocean.
it's really interesting, in a sort of..."you don't say...." way.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

It appears that the two types of instantaneous communications systems with the most potential are those which utilize quantum strangeness and those which use High Frequency Gravity Waves.

If I were a betting man I'd on High Frequency Gravity Wave technology becoming the first widely used instantaneous communications technology.

For all we know, it could already be in use.

*When it comes to military use, instantaneous communications systems on the battlefield coupled with satellites/aircraft with directed energy technology and which also have the capability for instantaneous communication would be an absolutely devastating combo (and for more reasons than are initially obvious).

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

You assume that the OP is witholding information because you havn't got the patience to read his thread and wait for a conclusion. Who the he'll are you? I apologize in advance but you idiots are pissing alot of us off here. Get your heads out of your rectal orifaces and come up for some much needed air. Your not being sceptical your being prejudicial before the fact so back off sit down and shut up. If you feel the visceral need to torch an OP because they didn't "show you the money" in a time frame of your choosing, then please, step back from the keeboard and get on the school bus. How juvinile, I want a ID tag and I want it NOW. You all sound like a JD wentworth add in loop mode.

Yeah, I know, I'll probably be tagged and banned for stating what needed to be said. If so then so be it, I've been getting real tired of the childish behavior on this site anyhow.
Makes me glad that I havn't started any threads of my own yet. Oh well there are other forums out there, nuff said.

YouSir

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
teaser endings might be fun for you, but its only going to hurt your reputation on ATS.

Because as we know, your reputation on ATS matters.

LOL check and mate !!!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It should make sense to most of you know why the OP has come to ATS. He came here to promote his blog, and that is it. He has not made a single effort to come and try to answer any questions or give an explanation as to why he will be delayed with his other posts.

He did however give us hints. He said himself that he is going to have fun with us by posting this stuff in installments.

Sorry about the teaser ending. I might as well have a little fun, and it was the best place to break. I'll try to post the next block within 24 hours.

John

I finally created a blog last week and will post this on there as well, since it may be far more readable and easier to follow without the 4000 char limit.

I'm assuming he used ATS as a jumping point to advertise his new blog.

FYI, I am usually not a skeptic but this was written with red flags around it. He has too much to gain and nothing to lose.

I do hope I am mistaken, because it was a pretty good read.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Aside from the possibility of AstroEngineer being a hoaxer, real ex-NASA, or a writer subjecting his story to ATS for a free editing session, has anyone actually considered the implications of this story if it is true?

Let’s put aside the ins and outs of his hit-and-run posting method for a second and just explore what we could be talking about (please God)…

The raw, experimental data files on flash memory would be passed to this mystery code where they would then be sent to this mystery device. The image data from flash appeared to first be re-processed by the ICER (MER's image compression) library to drop the resolution before going to the mystery device; the images passed to the device were akin to thumbnails of the originals.

If I’m reading it correctly, the Spirit rover has on board what was only previously thought of as conceptual communication hardware, that’s purpose – it seems – is to allow, presumably a government agency to not only let them view first, but also edit images taken on another planet before they are released to the public.

The thread’s author, as a NASA employee directly involved with the project, was not aware of this. If that’s correct, then that could in itself suggest that many other departments involved with Spirit’s manufacture are also unaware of this.

Now, I am allowing for this thread to be yet another hoax (albeit a really well executed one). That AstroEngineer says he wishes to remain anonymous and then supplies enough personal info (if true) to make the job of finding him seriously easy is either a huge flag pointing out that this thread is false, or that he is naïve as to just what he’s posting, or is a canyon sized plot hole.

But, what if it’s the middle one?

What if he’s telling the truth?

If that’s the case, we have to ask this question; just what exactly would force a federal agency to secrete highly advanced technology onboard a supposedly civilian space mission with a mind to censoring the results gleaned by that mission?

Just what do they suspect (or know) is on Mars to make them do that?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

this perhaps?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

aliens, der...

this thread has 90 plus stars because clearly 90 plus people on here have the intelligence to understand taht if this guy is for real - and who in their right minds could make up techno babble like that unless they did work for nasa - then it means someone is censoring photos from mars. and even nasa employees dont know about it.

and that fits in perfectly wiht all the rumours, whistleblowing, etc that has been going around about ufos in space, and et civilizations and nasa not telling the truth to people.

the op has already posted enough to give people the gist of it. and its a very interesting gist..

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
well one thing you can surmise, just from the posts on ATS alone, is, that if they were to have a series of photos showing a martian traipsing about the surface of mars and the photos were released to the world, that at least half the people would say it's fake. many skeptical science people would be questioning how much other material was hidden by NASA, since we've been photographing these places for a very long time, in great detail. it would throw the whole thing into disarray.

an entire sector of the christian populace would freak totally out, believing it to be a sign of the end (and considering some alien species might in fact be hostile towards humans, that's not too far of a stretch either). people who've been abducted would start calling for personal safety issues to be addressed on the subject, and many would accuse the gov of hiding it and allowing it to transpire for ulterior motives.

that's a mighty deep rabbit hole.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

aliens, der...

Shouldn’t “der” be spelt with three “r”’s?

And of course I am aware of the alien connotation for goodness sake. How could one be a longstanding member of ATS and not be conscious of the possibility of Martian life? Please…

But it could also be that Spirit has photographed more basic life-forms – flora or fauna based – or unconcealed ruins, perhaps liquid water.

Other exploratory machinery that isn’t American?

Who knows…

this thread has 90 plus stars because clearly 90 plus people on here have the intelligence to understand taht if this guy is for real - and who in their right minds could make up techno babble like that unless they did work for nasa - then it means someone is censoring photos from mars. and even nasa employees dont know about it.

Once again, I was trying to encapsulate just what the possibilities were of AstroEngineer’s revelations, if the contents of this thread is real.

And you forget; it could well be the case that it has received over ninety stars not because of what it might foretell, but that some undiscerning people will just star anything that fits in with their beliefs.

and that fits in perfectly wiht all the rumours, whistleblowing, etc that has been going around about ufos in space, and et civilizations and nasa not telling the truth to people.

Most of the rumors etc. are supplied by band-wagon jumping opportunists spouting drivel based on nothing more than supposition with a mind to gaining followers.

It is the prospect that amongst all the hype and hoaxes, there could be a kernel of solid, undeniable truth, that is exciting.

That this thread might be the start of that legendary “disclosure” we all want is what is truly galvanizing.

That it could well be another chain-jerking session is also an option.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

well one thing you can surmise, just from the posts on ATS alone, is, that if they were to have a series of photos showing a martian traipsing about the surface of mars and the photos were released to the world, that at least half the people would say it's fake.

Even if it was published on NASA’s own website? I doubt that.

NASA is accused of censoring its own images to remove anything that might educate us to alternative scenarios, not of promoting them, isn’t it?

many skeptical science people would be questioning how much other material was hidden by NASA, since we've been photographing these places for a very long time, in great detail. it would throw the whole thing into disarray.

Unless of course there is a reason why they haven’t told us other than the oft quoted nefarious, controlling motives insisted upon by our alleged reptilian overlords, or the big bad NWO.

What if there is a rational, wholly considerate reason why we haven’t been told, one that, when it is revealed, is entirely plausible, verifiable, and morally defensible?

What if they are just protecting us from something that they believe would totally upset the already volatile status quo of our divided civilization, as in the conclusion of the Brookings Report?

As you surmise:

an entire sector of the christian populace would freak totally out, believing it to be a sign of the end

And not just the Christians.

The potential for the disclosure of current - or previous - alien existence to undermine any global religion (apart from the non-violent ones. They’d just be seriously disappointed) is huge, and would plonk us squarely in a philosophical minefield.

that's a mighty deep rabbit hole.

Mighty indeed.

But there’s always a way out.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, i have read through this thread as it has developed over the last couple days. I was hoping to read part 3 today, but i cannot find the blog and the mods removed the link.

i can say that if he is wanting to increase traffic to his blog, he isn't doing so well. If you google this thread title, you get nothing but links to stories that source back to this thread.

Does anyone have the blog link?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join