It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Left NASA: A Curiosity of Spirit

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by treemanx

No, it shows "whistle blowers" that they should come prepared and not to fool with people. If he was a real while blower he would have been on here answering questions, not waiting 24 hours to finish one installment.

This is only your viewpoint and is flawed. He may have to take care of kids or his mom etc.. you do not know his position or time frame.

If you would accept that as a valid reason for the OP withholding what he purports to be information of great consequence, then perhaps Charles Manson can have you at his next parole board hearing.

And just to add, Equinox99 I feel is spot on. If you come here with huge claims and promises, the onus is on you to deliver in a timely manner, and with the relevant evidence.

The skeptics are ATS's best friends. They are the people who keep the hoaxters and charlatan on their toes. It's sad that more members don't recognise them as such, and instead label them as dis-info agents, and whatnot.

The supporting comments on this thread alone, are not only cause for alarm, but also go to underly the importance of skeptics.

However, I feel more and more convinced that the majority would rather have their preferred realities remain unscathed whilst the deniers of ignorance get banished from ATS for good.

How sad.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

not to presume to speak for the person you were responding to, but you just said the op's posts were packed with "copious quantities of drivel" and then asked the person you were responding to "why the attacks"? this is perplexing. hostility breeds hostility, does it not? you're smart enough to know that, so why the pretense?

this thread is very strange.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The only problem i have is the fact the op spent so much time writing! on a forum (which people do to get things of their chest) you must of spent ages without actually telling us the punch line! your full of it mate! although well researched and well thought i can just smell money vampire straight away, good luck im sure you see people as potential buyers of your books etc, you have come to the wrong place, unless you have proof and basis! im not interested and im sure i speak for many other ATS'ers. Yes im sure i have made many spelling mistakes etc, but im not a writer like you,...

I read your first post and could tell it was well thought and must of took a long time to write and edit,.. Shame that just sort of gives you away in my opinion..

NOW PLEASE PROOVE ME WRONG AND SHOW ME THE SMOKING GUN!

But if true, these questions come to mind please give me your answers OP

1, If the software has changed, who changed it. Why have you not to try n find out, use the breach of security card!

2, Why did he/you not know about the expansion slot did he never ask??

3, Why are you telling the world (ATS WORLD) what is your purpose!

[edit on 30/3/2010 by theflashor]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
given the contents of the brookings report, it isn't unlikely that data would be screened first, to assure they weren't releasing sensitive photographs into the hands of people not deemed "need to know." so even if the op is legit, it's likely going to have a pretty mundane explanation

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
ok...so lets clear this up.
this guy has his own blog with the postings of his story, with part three now on there.
clearly something is going on...the guy is telling it as a story.
there is no evidence it is a hoax, or it being the truth.
so now they have actually retrieved files from a desktop, operated by some mysterious person in JPL's Quantum Science dept.

Now...a bit of speculation.
why would there be a radio on the rover? why would the rover have mysterious code sections that scale down the images taken by the rover....an obvious reason could be the bandwitdh limitations of the uplink back to earth which is clearly...well, "limited" in comparison to the Orbiter.
If i read correctly, there images were sent to the Qauntum Science dept, in full resolution or thumbnail version....
Waht could the images contain?
so many question....

[edit on 30-3-2010 by GerhardSA]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by GerhardSA]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
CAN WE CLOSE THIS NOW UNTILL FURTHER BULL# COMES TO THE TABLE!?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

i do believe he's effectively establishing that they are indeed following the brookings report protocol regarding extra-terrestrial planets and their exploration. i don't know why people are surprised. hasn't this been common knowledge in ufology for at least a couple decades?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
im not surprised brother, but thats my point its common knowledge! this guy has great english and great writing skills, But no evidence. EVIDENCE is the key to truth brother.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

whistleblowers never do, because the system is set up to require your evidence be derived from an official source and with their blessings, and since a whistleblower technically is working outside the confines of officialdom, that's not likely to be an available avenue.

link   
reply to post by undo

I meant 'drivel' in the sense that I used it: to describe copious quantities of matter that serve little or no obvious purpose.

I didn't mean it as an attack. I meant as an opinion of the material thus put forward by the OP.

I guess the term "drivel" conjours up horrible images, but it's meaning is not that bad really.

link   

Originally posted by theflashor

Can you stop posting in all caps?

I find people like you hilarious. Whine and moan about the thread as if you can't stand it, yet keep coming back.

Should I even get into how people like you act? Call others stuff like ignorant or immature and yet you all shout in caps like you're 5 years old.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The thing is mate if i wanted to whistleblow id do it in such a way where i wasnt involved (TOP PRIORITY) and 2 i would just flood the internet with PROOF!!! Recorded logs telephone conversations etc... id let people make of it as they will because thats allways the case anyway! as long as the people know who to comfront and what for that is what matters. Not tit for tat!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Originally posted by theflashor

Can you stop posting in all caps?

I find people like you hilarious. Whine and moan about the thread as if you can't stand it, yet keep coming back.

Should I even get into how people like you act? Call others stuff like ignorant or immature and yet you all shout in caps like you're 5 years old.

No need to be rude but i have only just read this post about 30 mins ago and its going round in circles, ^^ thats why i wrote the above... Because you can see where this is going cant you. 5 Year old thats just insulting do you want a fight??

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

people's words are never without meaning or merit or purpose, so calling it drivel is going to be construed as unnecessarily derogatory. even a post full of unintelligible words has meaning and value to the person posting it. so we can safely assume then, that it is a matter of opinion that you are stating. which is fine you're allowed to have your opinions, but be aware that everyone else is allowed to have their opinions as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

maybe he doesn't have that much information?
maybe he's just an anonymous guy from 4chan or what have you, who knows computers and is pulling all our chains. regardless of what he is or how he posts his data, there are people here who are interested in where he's going
with it, mundane or not, hoax or not. i'd say censoring him at this late in the thread is a bad idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
dont get me wrong il be reading his next thread, But deny ignorance thats all im saying. I seen his first post, very well written. im very dissapointed when fellow Ats'ers flame me for me writing skills, my english and spelling isnt great, But watch me program or with maths or edit or do my job (Manager), Different strokes for different folks! At the same time i can write v. good texts but i just dont feel the need to read back and change what dont sound right.

At the end of the day i mean what i mean, I type and i submit. LoL maybe i should think before i speak somtimes! But either way it dont change the fact that i think this guy is dodgy because of the obvious amount of effort and time his putting it to get his story out. (+ NO EVIDENCE) everyone is taking him at black and white value so far!

+ If he really wanted to sit down and think about it theres much better ways of getting out.

I really believe this guy is either

1. An attention Seeker (Con Artist)
2. A Money maker (setting his foundations)
OR 3. His telling the truth his text as convining as it is has not provided any sources of proof!

You choose but i go by odds not by heart.!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Right you are.

It was, and is drivel.

But, I have no intention of getting into a semantical argument with you based on material that is fundamentally drivel.

But, I do enjoy your analytical bent, and writing style very much.
I look forward to reading your future posts

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

well awesome. my theoretical posts are alot less provable than his experienced posts. you would, no doubt, call mine, total hogwash, fantastical rantings and the ilk. i've been considering just cutting the ATS addiction out of my life, perhaps you could swing by my threads, harrass me relentlessly, so that i can leave out of sheer frustration ?
then i'll look back at the hours of my life i've recouped and thank you, as will my laundry and dishes and vacuum cleaner. (who are feeling a bit ignored)

[edit on 30-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

undo your the only input i have appreciated the rest is DRIVEL!!!! and not important. Lets Slag him off LETS FIGHT lets talk about anything apart from the important things.

lol Humans all over mate, But to be honest this forum was never gonna release intellagent conversation, As it did not provide evidences.

(and spelling is bad i know i didnt word check!)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I feel that ATS has changed from opinions and thoughts, (which sould be allways considered and focused, checked, and validated or thrown out)

To idiots that they have ideals that they must flame anyone with an idea or a different understanding to there own! I know my english is not great does that make me dumb?? I assure you i am not. .. This is why this forum needs to be closed! Because going of subject, What needs to be said has been said, AND GOING BACK TO WHAT I SAID BEFORE (which was in caps)

Please admin close this forum untill the next chapter is released which again i am 90 percent sure will not have no evidences included,.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join