It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Left NASA: A Curiosity of Spirit

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
*** KNOCK IT OFF ***

The Name Calling and general Rudeness is to stop

You will be post banned.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Simple question without the drama.

Are you available to answer particular questions. ?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Interesting...waiting for more...I still don't know where this is leading...

I've failed to find a pull quote yet, even a hint of what you're getting at. There's a radio on the rover that you weren't told about - I guess the icing on the cake is that you found out what it was doing, who or what it was communicating too?

Oh and you've just been screwed on this clause:
"You will not use your postings on ATS to promote your own personal website or any other website with which you may be associated."

If you could PM me your blog URL I'd be interested to read it. The link was there when I first read it earlier but didn't click it, and now it's gone. Sadly someone else will have to reference it for you. Send me a PM and I'll come back and let everyone know about a related page to this story that I "found" !!
Very strange how we can reference our own evidence, photos, videos and such but not the places where we might actually store and put all these pieces together.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by markymint]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have read the OP and the first few pages. Scan read a few more and skipped the bickering.

I think this is fiction because of the description of inability to 'data dump' - as I understand this.

The author claims failure analysis is often used to rectify problems - so why would not the original build of this 'rover' have multiple redundancies?

It's 'common sense' anyway. The data is what it is *for*. You don't want to lose that. And remote recovery would be crucial so you'd think built in redundancies - that's just common sense.

I have slim knowledge of computer things, I am a mechanical engineer. And I don't do any far out stuff either. Pity. The point being though is - all these things follow the same protocols and as a simplistic example - OK you can reprogram your refrigerator, Tivo, or alarm system from your PC. And such technology *did* exist in '04 - especially in the gov sector.

And its simple common sense. The thing can't download? Come on. There has to be 2 or 3 redundancies for that. And then again - so what if these downloads were slow?
So the thing sits there til you analyze all that slow coming data. If this is a true problem, its a problem - why?

I know very little about radio and communications - but the other thing that strikes me odd is - at one point this thing downloads via UHF? Er - That just doesn't sound right to me.

And as others have mentioned - the legit wouldn't talk. As I said, I do some pretty boring work - some might be considered sensitive - but all clients consider themselves "sensitive". I was thinking earlier about this client I had once who was stamping out garbage can lids. This guy was so uber paranoid that his drawings would 'get out', industrial spies, etc. It was almost funny. And the point here is - if my attorney would see even such a vague thing as this - no company names mentioned, its a boring thing who cares? - still - my lawyer would have a seizure.

Legit people keep their mouths shut. If for nothing else - the fear of lawsuits.

And writing things in 'installments'? I know least of all about 'literature' - but I do read alot - mostly non fiction - and this 'reads' like fiction. If you have a point to make - you make that point. Look here - you now know that some believe the garbage can lid industry is full of intrigue and spies - I told you so, I summed it up adequately, yes? No need for a 'part 2'. Or a Part 17

I say fiction on this. There's too many logic gaps.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
Hello,, WOW lots of comments!!
one page of Cheese, 13 pages of Whine

but i found this from scientific American

www.scientificamerican.com...

"Researchers hope to send an experiment to the International Space Station (ISS) by the middle of the next decade that would pave the way for transcontinental transmission of secret messages encoded using the mysterious quantum property of entanglement."

Very interested in this

Hah! That is funny. I mentioned that back on page 4 I believe. That or we are using tachyons. But doesn't FTL require infinite energy? Just saying...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Simple question without the drama.

Are you available to answer particular questions. ?

So here we are, just so there is no misunderstanding, could you provide acoustics from mars. Check.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
is this story about the gravity-phone? yawn. that's ode news.

i think i will start my own thread.

Why I Left this Thread: Sensing deception

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
THIS EXACT STORY HAS BEEN COPIED AND PASTED ALL OVER THE NET

www.davidicke.com...

tweetmeme.com...

www.strangerthanfiction.org...

BUSTED , JUST LIKE I CALLED IT HE'S JUST A WRITER SEEKING ATTENTION.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by KyleOrtonArmy]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh geez, look into it and you'll discover what I finally did, It's an ANAGRAM!

ATS is NOT your doppelganger mister astroengineer.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
THIS EXACT STORY HAS BEEN COPIED AND PASTED ALL OVER THE NET

www.davidicke.com...

tweetmeme.com...

www.strangerthanfiction.org...

BUSTED , JUST LIKE I CALLED IT HE'S JUST A WRITER SEEKING ATTENTION.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by KyleOrtonArmy]

Um what?

Those are people picking up the story and re-posting about it.

The middle one in fact links to this thread.

I don't know how true it is or real this person is, but copy + pasting certainly doesn't conclude it's a false story. It proves it's popular.

I've only been using the forums a couple of months and quite clearly see how something here later ends up on GLP and vice versa, Real UFOs and numerous other not necessarily UFO/conspiracy websites & can get tedious to read over and sometimes groan worthy of being copied. But it's inevatable and I'm sure it's just about popularity. I mean, this thread gained 14 pages in a few days and has cropped up various places elsewhere.

Recall the OBJECTS AERS IN SUN CORONA WITH LIME thread, that racked up double figure pages in a day and, unsurprisingly, was on a bunch of other forums/sites too, YouTube got saturated... these things happen. But I see no proof here of how multiple postings of one story, which is actually quite interesting to read even if you "call BS", can justify this person to just be a writer looking for attention.

Pretty weak & narrow minded judgement in my opinion, a bit like saying "there are no aliens"...

[edit on 29-3-2010 by markymint]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oooh an update! I mean...hey I found this awesome place to read the third part which is hot off the press!

astroengineer.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
its 9:30 ish Seattle time and I read the next few paragraphs of the story.

its like watching a "24" episode ,, gotta get the next installment like a 'junkie'...

I for one want to believe this is a true accounting of a factual event..

cant wait for my next "fix"

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Oooh an update! I mean...hey I found this awesome place to read the third part which is hot off the press!

astroengineer.wordpress.com...

It appears that "John" is posting the story as he writes it here and on his webpage. Honestly, I will look for further installments of his experiences on his website, so thanks for posting it markymint. I would much rather get it from there, and not have to wade through 14 pages of BS to find the story.

This thread is the perfect example why there are people who discredit ATS. This is also a perfect example of why if there IS ever any legitimate whistle blowers from ANYWHERE, they will likely never come here to share their story.

I don't know if "John" ever worked for NASA, or if he ever worked on the Spirit Rover, but I AM willing to give the guy a few pages in this site to share his thoughts and stories without raking him over the coals! And I'm not going to give him a time limit! If it takes him a bloody year to get it out, then SO BE IT! I'm not in any position to demand from him any more than he's willing to give, and neither are any of you.

It was painfully obvious, when his INTRODUCTION thread was closed due to this ridiculous infantile whining that resulted in many pages of utter garbage, that many members of ATS are not representing the mission statement of Denying Ignorance. Rather, they are wallowing in ignorance, and spreading it not only to other members but probably NEW members who start here thinking this type of thing is OK, who are in turn spewing this same garbage onto other threads.

To those of you who contributed to this ridiculous 14 page waste of bandwidth: You get what you ask for. This site is only as good, respectable, and REPUTABLE as you make it. While this guy may end up a phoney, the next guy might not be, and your childish brow beating will only drive and keep those credible people away. Please, don't ruin this site for the rest of us. Thanks.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by treemanx]

[edit on 29-3-2010 by treemanx]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladebosq

Originally posted by AstroEngineer

Spirit has three kinds of memory: 3 MB EEPROM (like a bootable thumb drive, where the VxWorks OS lives)...

the 3mb EEPROM (Electrically-Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) is nothing like a "bootable thumb drive". thumb drives use FLASH MEMORY which is based on EEPROM, but unlike EEPROM can be rewritten and reprogrammed an unlimited number of times.

For something to be written on an EEPROM, any data existent has to be erased, it also has to be written bit by bit.
again this differs from a FLASH MEMORY where data is written block by block and existent data does not need to be erased.

...and 256 MB flash memory (like your hard drive)

unless we use SSD drives as our hard drives, which i guess most of us don't, then the 256 mb FLASH MEMORY on the rover is, again, nothing like our hard drives, except in the sense that it stores data...

for a senior engineer that worked 24 years at NASA you sure make very vague comparisons between existing technology.

I think that you will find that the OP stated that his colleague "Rich" was the
Software Engineetr and nowhere did he claim to be. In your urgency to impress us with your computer knowledge you seem to have overlooked this one small fact.

Engineers (of which I am one) come from many different fields so stop assuming all NASA engineers are computer hardware experts, it is simply not so.

PEACE,
RK.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

No, it shows "whistle blowers" that they should come prepared and not to fool with people. If he was a real while blower he would have been on here answering questions, not waiting 24 hours to finish one installment.

You should really be thanking skeptics. Go check out the HOAX board on ATS to see why skeptics are needed.

I could simply start a thread claiming "Why I left the police force", and put installments of information on torture chambers under a NY police precinct.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trafalgar1805
Faster than light communication is possible, as is energy transmission using the same technique, and I know what's it's being used for, in the case of the rover.

This device downloads to Earth all the images that the rover has taken in an imaging session. Angelos (a murderous, global, secret male-only society related to the Roman Catholic Church) then examine the photographs. They look for indications of evidence of life, which they don't want you to know about, and caused the rover not to transmit, using the conventional radio comms, those parts of the image that has the evidence. You see these images on the NASA raw images page that occasionally have blacked out blocks of colour, and they say these images will be shown later.

This gives the Dark Beings, sorry the Angelos, the time to Photoshop the images to hide evidence of life, which are then uploaded to the rover at FTL speeds, which then transmits them back using radio, without the evidence of life.

I also know that the colour filters used on the rovers were swapped by the Angelo organisation before launch. This was to hide the true colour of Mars and its sky. They don't want you to know how Earth like Mars is.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Trafalgar1805]

Man that is pretty interesting thoughts flying there. Any chance you could elaborate a bit more? What sources if any, and how you came across this info?

Edit: I am being very serious not mocking you. I notice this is your first and only post here and you have no threads. I find your info intriguing to say the least.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

There is a line between being skeptical and what has gone on in this thread.

I wont contribute to anymore comments to argue this with you, as I'm sure its a waste of not only my time, but anyone else who is unfortunate enough to slog through this thread. My previous post stands, and my interest in ATS involvement wains.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Thanks for the link. It was refreshing to read it without all the squabbling. I notice John hasn't yet posted it here. That'll be a shame if he doesn't bother, but no real surprise.
On the story itself, I can see how much of the detail is relevant to understanding the process of investigation & the changing mindset of the protagonists, which, afterall, is the subject of this thread, but all I really want to know is what leads John to connect this unknown device to FTL coms. Hopefully he/you will tell us soon.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by treemanx

No, it shows "whistle blowers" that they should come prepared and not to fool with people. If he was a real while blower he would have been on here answering questions, not waiting 24 hours to finish one installment.

This is only your viewpoint and is flawed. He may have to take care of kids or his mom etc.. you do not know his position or time frame.

You should really be thanking skeptics. Go check out the HOAX board on ATS to see why skeptics are needed.

Totally agreed here but is there a "Hunted Warlock and witches" board as well? You've been here long enough to notice the demeanor of the general public turn a bit towards the nasty side. this thread is proof of that. Among a ton of others..

I could simply start a thread claiming "Why I left the police force", and put installments of information on torture chambers under a NY police precinct.

Why yes you could but I'm sure your story wouldn't be as interesting as this is turning out to be.

----------

What's interesting is this guy has TWO links on his word press site.. one to NASA and one to ATS. There is a character issue here that hasn't in any shape or form been proven a liar in any manner though some people want to say it has.

I'm all for the truth being discovered and hoaxers be damned. But don't damn someone until they have been PROVEN as a hoaxter. That has not happened yet.

b

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Bspiracy]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join