It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Left NASA: A Curiosity of Spirit

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

i have a problem with you attaching the idea he's trying to make money from his info, to a negative. making money is not a negative thing. making money off of theories or hypotheses, is not a negative thing. where it becomes negative is when it hurts or is an attempt to hurt others. do you believe his data will hurt others? i realize you're approaching it from the perspective that theoretical work should only be engaged in, in official venues, and under the guidance or tutelage of peer review, but clearly a whistleblower doesn't have that luxury.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
sorry since i joined this discussion i also enjoyed GerhardSA input, AS IT MAKES SENSE!

Interesting thought undo, No i dont believe money making is a bad thing. BUT motive is my thought, We dont even know if thats his long term plan, But hell he has a blog his advertising his next publication and his advertising him self,. Does he want to be famous,.. Is that wrong,. NO! i say again BUT! i also say mate before i see evidence i will take the words for what they are, Which are WORDS! So if you are trying tio get rich and famous on false researched propaganda well yes Thats wrong man!

[edit on 30/3/2010 by theflashor]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Lets put this into perspecive this guy has done 2 posts, he apparently has contributed more to this site than u and i, He has done 2 posts since he joined. DONT GET ME WRONG! this guy has a tallent but it is writing, Very gifted and he will have a career but i hope its not by fooling people.

Let me please add that i really do hope this guy is for real, But im still waiting for evidences

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

granted. but then what is and isn't false, can also be a matter of opinion. so we're right back to square one, in the absence of evidence to the contrary. that's one of the problems inherent with the brookings report. it suggests we end up with the guessing game we're engaging in now, in order to shield what may or may not be going on out there, from the eyes of the public, as a matter of national or even global security. secrecy breeds hypotheses and theories. the secrets of the universe, drive scientists to discovery. they should not be surprised when the common people (who are also curious and interested) have the same penchant for discovery.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Now, now, undo.

Don't be like that.

We started off on a very mutually-courteous note. I wish to continue in that vein.

I hope you don't go back to your dishes, because that would me feel very guilty about mine - as well as my washing, and dirty apartment, etc - safety in numbers after all. ;-)

If you feel masochistic and decide to want to know me better, you might be very surprised at how open I am to certain things that many skeptics would look at me in disgust for considering.

So please don't go back to the dishes, etc.

I was just starting to enjoy my new-found friend.

But I must warn you, I originate from the Antipodes. So you'll have to forgive my twang.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

This guy claims he used to work for NASA, Evidence first please. (my point mate)

Although your point still remains he gives the evidence (Photo copies of pass etc)

It could still be faked yes, but hey its more then words..

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

you see the dilemma, no doubt. in this day and age, anything can be faked. so it ultimately boils down to your personal opinion of the data. i don't think this thread is worth the amount of animosity it's receiving, since he's just verifying what everyone who studies the topic, already knows: i.e. that data from extra-terrestrial locales is screened first for sensitivity as per the brookings report.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
yup, agreed again thats why this thread should be closed untill further details are given from the op,

If Still nothing more but black and white text in the third post
i will have my mind made up and im out! Common sence bro,

this guy needs to give us ATS'ers the respect we deserve (we are researchers) we deny ignorance and we take no Bull# , u cant make big claims without evidence. Its been the way for years

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

somehow that avatar of yours retranslates your words in my head to a configuration most unfriendly.

if you need help with your dishes, i can harrass you if you wish?

ANYway...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
People should stop posting on this thread until more information is available...

Just out of boredom i will post a little of what i see its wrong here:

- The dude have clearly given away who he is saying what position he held, how long he worked at NASA, and on which project before retiring, how many people can you think has the same career path at NASA, who also worked at this specific project? no anonymous posts here then, but still he says he wants to keep to himself?

- I'm not sure about NASA policies, but i have to wonder, what security measures does NASA has to prevent people from entering other project's areas? or is anyone freely able to come and go as they please, do NASA employees use badges with restrictions controls that only open doors to which the employee has been given access? i know at every job i had in the past we had something like this, and we weren't working with anything even remotely close to space crafts, just plain commercial software.

- Didn't you sign NDA agreements which are still valid after quitting the job? you are clearly disclosing a lot here, and have given enough info to easily find out who you are, aren't you breaking a lot of laws here?

- I have a major doubt about your explanation on how the code works and how you found out about it, but to keep things simple i will just ask if you still have a copy of the memory dump as i would like to take a look myself.

- By the way, by adding

He copied the data he’d archived from his thumb drive

You have clearly stated that you stole information from a government agency and took it home, do you know the implications of this action? remember, we can easily determine who you are by the details provided, and even if they were false, how many people have access to those memory dumps. how many people can enter the room and just do whatever they want without someone else asking "what are you doing?", don't they log all access for control purposes? sorry but this bring a big red flag to me, it seems as if anyone could just go and use a lot of precious bandwidth to download several MB of memory and code from mars into his thumb drive and nobody even wonders why? since you said so yourself, there is not a lot of chances to get stuff back from mars each day, then how did you went and did that without no one noticing?

I read all your posts on the blog, i could point out a lot more things, but i don't think is really something useful to do, in any case, i can say this, i also work with software, have done it for several years and i find your explanation on how the code was found a little too dramatic and unrealistic, because of several reasons easy to explain, but i will not bother, well maybe i will, or not, possibly, if i get a chance, later...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

(WILL NOT RESPOND TO THREAD NO MORE)

Round and round and round and round and round and POINTLESS

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Come on...

1 page of "info" posted by the author along with a promise to "add further" within a day (didn't happen) follwed by 15 PAGES of useless to-and-fro by everyone here.

Is this seriously what this forum is all about?

OP is laughing his bag off at all of us right now. Probabaly rubbing his hands together and chewing his nails in nervous glee sitting in the corner of his bedroom with a single lightbulb swinging from a ceiling fan.

I was kind of interested in this too, but you know what? He's likely "withholding" because it gives him time to data-mine all your responses to fuel his next "revelation"

/FAIL

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

he posted the third part already, on his blog. so if'n you're interested, just find his blog link in this thread, and go forth

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hey Undo,

Just to keep you up to date about off-thread stuff:

I asked John a question on his blog that you might be interested in knowing about, eh:

Greetings AstroEngineer,

Regarding the type of FTL communications technology which may have been in use on with the Spirit rover; do you have any idea whether it was quantum communication system or one which utilizes of High Frequency Gravity Waves? Is there anything which would lead you to think/suspect it may have been one or the other?

*P.S. Thank you for sharing your story with us here and on ATS. It is very interesting and I hope to hear more of it.

There's been no answer yet.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
well.. something that I definately took note was the last statement ..

The code dumped from the rover included function calls referring to a device accessed via the VME interface (similar to a computer's PCI slot) which Rich did not know about.

a possible Senior Engineer didn't know about .. ??

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by HIWATT

he posted the third part already, on his blog. so if'n you're interested, just find his blog link in this thread, and go forth

yeah....that is what i have been saying in my previous post.
3rd part does not disclose tons either. this AstroEngineer and his mate Rich, downloaded the thumbnail files from a desktop in the Quantum Science Dept and were starting to feel guilty about the stealing of info, but are now analyzing the info... sounds like a Soap...LOL!
like i said...we have no way of disproving what he sais is incorrect, or that it is fact...
I think the point of the way this guy is doing the posting is like the Oracle says in The Matrix..."Make up your own damn mind". That being said...some will believe the guys story, some wont...why cant we leave it at that? no way of disproving anything or proving it either...so leave it there. Dont like the tread...leave...like it...stay and read(or read his blog)
my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
well.. something that I definately took note was the last statement ..

The code dumped from the rover included function calls referring to a device accessed via the VME interface (similar to a computer's PCI slot) which Rich did not know about.

a possible Senior Engineer didn't know about .. ??

Very common in software development.... can happen when multiple developers sync there code into an application.
Or people with final proof read and testing could have added more code which no one else was suppose to happen... we wont know, and clearly they didnt know either

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
PS....I also read on his blog that he knew someone at NASA who "proved" to him that they indeed use FTL(faster than Light) communication in space...
Dont know how true that is, but we have had treads on ATS stating that it is indeed possible...
dont have a link or reference now, but it is on ATS

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

That being said...some will believe the guys story, some wont...why cant we leave it at that?

Because if it's not true, it's yet one more piece of nonsense that gets entered into the canon to muddy the waters somewhere down the road.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by DelMarvel]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by DelMarvel]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I too have been putting off the dishes 0 I just don't understand how they pile up so quickly - I'm putting it down to the whole Mayan calender time speeding up thing - it really is bizarre...

So what's news about this thread? Seems to have piled up - like my dishes

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join