It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine ready for killing Americans - Popular idea with the Left

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Americans kill Americans every day. We call them Law Enforcement Officers, or our Justice system, or even criminals. If there was indeed a force, any force, that was fighting against the current regime, then yes, the military would be there to defend against such revolutionaries. The military would still be defending the constitution, be it the current interpretation of such.

Killing an American that takes up arms against an established form of Government would be considered criminal behavior, and they would also no longer be considered an innocent civilian. On another level it could be considered a terrorist act and dealt with accordingly.

What about a rouge hi-jacked one like say Israel?
Or the USA?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

The tea party movement began when Bush was in office,whats so hard to understand about that,it isnt party affiliated although the repubs are trying real hard to court them I for one dont buy into it.

I truly hope Palin does not run in 2012,we need someone more qualified than her in office,what we need is another Andrew Jackson and I'm still looking for a comparable candidate to support.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Easier to say than to actually do..
. Another internet tough guy who hunts and thinks he would stand a chance against the military..so freakin funny. Thre military would rip you to shreads before you even got a shot off. You can continue to believe you are this superior warrior because your a good shot...etc...but this men and women have seen war like conditions and would know exactly how to take you down before you blinked.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
If this marine is ready to execute his fellow citizens he'd better be ready to die. His statements are setting up an ugly precedent of brain washing type cases. Obama may very well have his "Manchurian Candidates" but, if they come out to play they will lose.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

You think you can take on heavily armed military with a few guns and ciitizens at your disposal
. Of course back in the day it was possible...but now things are different......they are better equiped in this day and age. Dreaming is fun but reality will hurt...you will see.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Courtesy Is Mandatory

The insults and personal commentary in this thread violate the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use and must stop.

Please stay on topic and avoid the need for corrective action.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So this guy would kill his fellow americans if they were to attack the constitution...lol
What if it was the people commanding him that were breaking the constitution and the people declaring Civil war were the ones trying to protecte it?
The guy is a bit of a loser if you ask me, he essentually says that he is the governments puppet and that what ever they tell him to do is the right thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This 'so called Marine' is an idiot. He evidently hasn't read his oath nor understood it and knows nothing of the Constitution. If this guy is military at all i would be greatly surprised. Sound much more like disinfo. Very Alinsky like in his approach to his 'Subject Matter' !

Zindo

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In all reality it is the duty of the soldiers are to defend the constitution and the people of this land. If the government is rogue, and violates people rights and violates the constitution, the military is suppose to support the patriots revolting since it is in their oath is to do so. It is our responsibility to revolt and renew the governmental body with real representatives of the people.
We need to strip down and only leave the basics that was written originally in 1776. No Fed Reserve, no IRS, no CIA, no Homeland security, no Patriot act, no Healthcare bill, etc...

That guy, if he was a real soldier, is sadly mis-informed.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by crusaderiam]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Marine or not,my neighborhood isn't the one you want to come into acting like that.There's guys down the street that are more heavily armed than any marine.Good luck with that.There are some unstable dangerous civilians in this country of ours.Don't think it's going to be a cakewalk.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
People are divided by what this Marine said but he's just saying the ugly truth.
If the Order was given by the President/Congress to use the Armed forces I'm sure many service members would not follow that order BUT would have to bear the serious consequences of disobeying.

THE OATH of ENLISTMENT EVERY SOLDIER FOLLOWS.

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God".

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
This 'so called Marine' is an idiot. He evidently hasn't read his oath nor understood it and knows nothing of the Constitution. If this guy is military at all i would be greatly surprised. Sound much more like disinfo. Very Alinsky like in his approach to his 'Subject Matter' !

Zindo

I must agree with Zindo, Although I was not a "Marine" I am former military and have served with several "elite" units,(in combat) I have also served with and fought side by side with the "Devil Dogs" (They have EARNED!! my undying respect, and gratitude!!) And in my humble opinion, this is not a "true Blue" Marine, I have to raise the "BS" flag to high "mast" on this one...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
First of all anybody who thinks they can stand up to the U.S. armed forces is a fool. Nobody can. Seriously think about how good they do what they do. Seriously think about it. What can anybody do to go up against that without every single other country on the planet behind them? Nothing!!! I accept that. There has to be a way to fix all of this without violence. People keep talking more and more on here about it, and it's frightening to see some of this stuff. I do not want any kind of fighting in this country anywhere ever, but especially not against ourselves. Our military are all Americans and they would never attack the citizens. I know that. I was a marine for a little while, well a very little while because I was an idiot, but long enough to know that they all, are you all. They might not all act or look the same while they are serving, but they live here, their family is all here, everything they have had and loved their entire life is all right here. Nobody forgets those kind of things. You don't erase your memory or forget where you're from, you don't forget how to love or what's right and wrong. WERE ON THE SAME SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! There won't be a fight between our military and our civillians. They are co-dependant, and therefore they will always be together.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

"according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God".

This is the operative sentence in the oath. A Soldier who gets an order by a rogue administration to fire on US citizens had better be very sure that is is given legally. Every soldier, sailor, Marine, is quite aware of the uniform code. It takes more than the Presidential order!

I truly believe if and when this ever happens, the situation will be such that the military will be in a state of confusion and will have to consider the family friends and others they are attacking.

It's one of the reasons so many feel the order will be given to foreign troops with the military looking on. Even then many will be incensed with that idea and will respond in a negative manner to their officers. That being that this act would actualy violate their oath!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

The military is constituted to 'defend the country against enemies foreign and domestic'

If a domestic force declares civil war they then become the enemies of the duly constituted government. His duty as defined by his oath is that he'll shoot the dumb who make an open declaration.

The only response that will keep them from having an immediate right to attack is that you act in a criminal manner. This forces the PTB to make any action contrary to their rule a violation of the terms of being a citizen.

This is already being enacted. As a peacenik, I'm considering the purchase of a gun just to defend myself against what may come. How nuts will this get?

I saw a mention of the fact that the A-Bombs dropped on Japan were used to kill civilians. This is correct. We wanted the Emperor to finally assume his mantle and tell the kamakazi seppuku nut bags to not have every Japanese killed and to accept defeat. It was a dramatic way to tell him we would perform genocide upon his people if they didn't just accept that they lost.

It was horrible and they deserved it. Fanatics always get themselves cornered and killed. Is this where I bring up Zionists?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure how many current or ex service members frequent this site, nor if any have already posted a reply to this topic, so I will speak up for the larger enlisted half of our military.

I served just less than 10 years and did my time in Iraq, during some of our toughest battles with a Marine Infantry platoon. Above all else I will say: our Marines are truly some of the finest people I have ever met. Yes, they come back slightly damaged, because the realities of war are truly unimaginable, but will live and die to protect our people. That is their oath, as the Constitution is only a representation of our society, and it is what separates them into a sub culture all their own - truly the last modern warrior culture we have.

Now, to address this "boot" we have swearing to obey any order, legal or not - which is what it comes down to. This young man obviously has not seen war in all it's glory and suffering, and I say this because he supports the idea of it on our soil. We constantly compare our campaigns to those of history in order to gauge our experiences and our enemy against those of different wars, and it is always narrowed down to three worst case examples: the Civil War, Vietnam, and World War II. The first because it was on our land, with our brothers; the second because of the dense foliage and constant guerilla warfare; and the last because of magnitude and the common urban battles. I don't know of a Marine that doesn't shudder at the idea of a repeat of the first and cannot imagine it in our modern society, that's how far the idea or inclination is from our minds. Yes, we do find a certain amount of Americans disgustingly ignorant of how fortunate they are to live in the epicenter of comfort and convenience, so far removed from the realities of life in the third world, that it makes us wonder why we serve. Then we're reminded by the music, the literature, the culture - the absolute beauty that is the freedom we defend.

They talk large, and yes they do like a good bar brawl, but a Marine will stand up for you at anytime and under any circumstance - I have seen this first hand, on multiple occasions. The heroics you've read about in WWII stories still occur today, you just may never hear of them. If the executive or legislative branches EVER gave the order to attack our citizens, as a military directive, no one in the military would follow it. The order would simply be illegal. One poster made the point that we don't have enough troops to quell an uprising, and he's probably right given the amount of privately owned guns here in the States.

Be proud of your country, of the service men/women and local emergency crews that make next to nothing (E-1 salary: $15,000) to literally sign over their lives for the country they serve and the people they protect. This Marine is obviously young, a kid, and is trash talking over the internet, a lot like what I have seen from the younger posters on this site and others; so take it with a grain of salt. Better yet, join a service! If you want to see change (or those who feel we are against you and want to learn how we work), take a few years to serve the greater society and be a positive influence on the culture. Or to switch it around and introduce some Ghandi to the equation: "Be the change you wish to see in the world". If not for anything else than true self improvement, do it for the college money. If you serve the minimum contract, you go to college for free and collect a monthly check until you graduate, in California the average monthly check is $2000. America is still great, and can be greater, we just need better spokesmen!

For the record I am a registered Dem and in no way support a NWO or right wing agenda. We are still a great country, but we can be greater with a clearer picture of who we really are, and this kid isn't it.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by DocHoliday]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

This is true, yet when the President, Congress... ET.AL, are themselves disregarding the constitution, the Military has the "obligation" to defend the constitution first and foremost.

the Oath that is taken, "assumes" that the "government" is abiding by the Constitution... and the "enemy's "foreign or domestic" are using "force" to "negate" the US. Constitution..

However, if the 3 branches of the US government have become so corrupt that the Constitution is disregarded as a matter of course,. It is the Duty and resposibility of the "PEOPLE" to (paraphrasing) take back control of this country.

That is basically Written into the US. Constitution.. But, It was meant as a LAST RESORT..... basically it was meant to mean after years and years of peacefull protests, years and years of elections, and using every other means of leagal and peaceful attempts to get the government "straight" well then we have not only the right but the duty and obligation to ensure that this country (Theese United States of America) remains a "Representitive Republic"

So in order to defend this country against Enemies both foreign and domestic, You must include the domestic governments as well..(meaning that the "local, state, or federal governments" may be the "domestic enemy" refered to) not just individuals or a group of individuals outside of the state or federal government..

[edit on 27-3-2010 by SideWynder]

[edit on 27-3-2010 by SideWynder]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have never heard a marine use the word implore before. Just way too well written for a jarhead. It's probably just planted to put fear in people. By the way, before you bash me, I'm ex military and don't use that word either. I am also not implying marines are dumb, I'm just stating they don't sound like that.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maka213
Marine or not,my neighborhood isn't the one you want to come into acting like that.There's guys down the street that are more heavily armed than any marine.Good luck with that.There are some unstable dangerous civilians in this country of ours.Don't think it's going to be a cakewalk.

Hahaha. Seriously?

They'd be a threat until they failed to give themselves in if and when they were discovered to be harboring a stockpile of weapons.

After their time limit runs out, what do you think is going to happen?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join