It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine ready for killing Americans - Popular idea with the Left

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
also, Im sure remote aerial drones, "EATR"s and boston dynamics' "BigDog" will play more of a roll than standard platoons/ infantrymen.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If human beings can kill for 2,000 years under the banner of a barefoot carpenter who preached the doctrine of love, they are perfectly capable of destroying the constitution in order to "protect" it. And that's all I've got to say about that.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
also, before they would ever take it to a military level, they would treat it like a police issue and probably just enlist a blackwater or fema type security force combined with "law enforcement officers".

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Tracked back what was cited in the OP to HERE

and from there a click to HERE, the update/rewrite.

Excellent find.

So many supporters of this guys statements it is truly unnerving. Here is one of the protesters to this guy, and one of the few I might add from that site. Seems the site is all current and retired military... I suggest all of you to read the comments posted in the link above.

"Call for peace my rear end. You called to kill your fellow Americans and need to be held accountable for your foolish statements. I have a son now serving in the Marines, a nephew on his third tour in Afghanistan and a niece who just enlisted in the Navy. Our family has a serious investment in our Military and holds it in high regard, but you shame all who serve.

I’m one of those Americans you will need to kill my friend, and I would proudly meet you face to face anytime, anywhere. I think those who work with you and command you need to know of your views and your dangerous thoughts. You have started something that needs to be soundly rejected and the Nation must be told of your partisan hate and your desire to kill Americans. Your weapons need to be taken and you must be removed from service. You have called the dogs of hell, I hope your up to it."

-Timiam

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I can look around for a copy, but HERE and HERE are the author and his rewrite.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by desert]

I found a copy here.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.13.2012

I was involved in the Hurricane operations after Ike and Gustav. I have also been involved in operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, including trying to stop looters during the Iraqi invasion.

We have enough non lethal weapons and devices, like the LRAD and ADS, now to minimize or eliminate serious problems when being confronted by mobs of looters.

During such times of crisis, the best option is to stay indoors and off the streets. We will get help to you.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by waycoolsnoopy
"The moment you attack the constitution, you're now enemies of that constitution. And I swore to defend and support and if necessary give my life for that Constitution and utilize every tool, technique, and weapon at my disposal to do so."

Enemies of the Constitution? So when are you planning to attack CONgress? The White House?

You may have sworn an oath to the Constitution but in practice you're saying that you would defend TYRANNY! Shooting at American CITIZENS who are trying to recover their country from an occuping enemy is not allegance to the Constitution!

You sound like a real jack-boot, dude. Sad that you're so easily manipulated.

This is where you right-wingers fail. You believe your path to be righteous, thus, everyone should be on your side. I'm sorry if our interpretations of the constitution differ but I'll be right there beside the 'marine' in the event any of you try to revolt.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

ok but think about this: in a civil war scenario, so many people cut off from communications from each other are going to be roaming, looking for situations where there are law enforcement/ looter confrontations so they can take sniper shots at the law enforcement officers- because its a "civil war" and to different people that will mean different things. then, the people who were shooting at the law enforcement will be named as looters. there is no black and white, only confusion.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Some of his comments in his original text were somewhat inflammatory.

Overrall, I understand his point. His clarification was much better and more along my own line of thought.

[edit on 28/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Thats exactly how Iraq was when Saddam's government collapsed.

We managed to get through it though. Its still best to stay indoors and off the streets. We did the same thing in Iraq, enforced curfews and maintained vehicle checkpoints.

Its not an impossible situation.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

and one thing no one has even mentioned on ATS: what is the protocol in the event that the foil hat brigade whoops the military's 4SS on the home court? what will happen then?

* I seriously doubt too many other countries will poke their noses in it, like we do to the rest of the world. will the U.N. be part of the day to day fighting in that stage?

* or NATO forces?
[edit on 28-3-2010 by 12.13.2012]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
What is this guy stupid, he thinks that Americans would engage in an all out war with the military; highly unlikely. More likely would be millions of snipers spread across the country. Hit and run would be the most likely scenario. Let's not count the amount of defectors the Military would sustain.

I hope nobody gets stupid, but this soldier has just pledged his life to the commanding officers and not the Constitution. He sounds really confused about where his loyalties lay...readily admitting that he would kill Americans. Without his corporate masters to protect him, I encourage him to go stand in the middle of a NASCAR track and tell everyone in the stands that he will kill them all.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
In a situation as to what alot of these posts are talking about lately, lets break it down as far as we can:

yes, the military has big toys and alot of friends to fund it, alot of people who will side with them, and several forms of remote surveillance and attack gizmo's,

but,

there are so many firearms registered; not to mention the unregistered in big cities like LA,NY, Dallas, DC, Miami, ATL,etc., and also the factor of familiarity of the terrain for the locals. If it looks to people like the military is carrying out the will of the shady politicians, things will not always go as planned, as in the case of Katrina.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Yes you did "crack the case", and yes I was tdy to the 2nd btn 75th.. (I was a 19D Cav Scout,,)I did Jump into combat under fire with them, also I thank you for clarifying what you meant in your post.. I understand now what you meant..

I am (I hate to admit this) Human, and I do on occasion "type before I think" so therefore I now must "eat a bit of crow" my bad, I just get a bit irritated when I "think I see" someone dissmissing personal lifetime experiences out of hand..

My appologies to you for misunderstanding your post.. and my thanks to you for clarifying what your post meant..

And no, I don't go to bars, so we have not spoken there in that atmosphere, nor do i think that we have actually ever met in person.. Again I could be wrong though... LOL

But let me state again my sincerest appologies for misunderstanding your post and what you meant, my reply was truly my arrogance showing..
[edit on 28-3-2010 by SideWynder]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.13.2012

and one thing no one has even mentioned on ATS: what is the protocol in the event that the foil hat brigade whoops the military's 4SS on the home court? what will happen then?

It wouldn't happen. Any insurgent paramilitary force would have to resort to guerilla and terrorist attacks, if they didn't want to be wiped out.

Say the tin foil hat brigade ambushes a convoy or a patrol. A firefight would ensue. The convoy or patrol would call for support. A quick reaction force, with armored vehicles, would respond. They would also have close air support, likely gunships, and fire support from mortars or 105/155 howitzers.

Only if this is the first time it happened, would there be little support. After the first ambush though, all of that other support would quickly become SOP.

In reponse to such ambushes or raids, all electronic communications would be monitored and recorded by Signals intel analysts. UAVs would be used to conduct constant surveillance. Tin foil hat brigades would be infiltrated.

Once enough intel was collected to track down their training facilities and operations centers, we would go in. The threat would be eliminated.

[edit on 28/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
What is this guy stupid, he thinks that Americans would engage in an all out war with the military; highly unlikely. More likely would be millions of snipers spread across the country. Hit and run would be the most likely scenario. Let's not count the amount of defectors the Military would sustain.

I hope nobody gets stupid, but this soldier has just pledged his life to the commanding officers and not the Constitution. He sounds really confused about where his loyalties lay...readily admitting that he would kill Americans. Without his corporate masters to protect him, I encourage him to go stand in the middle of a NASCAR track and tell everyone in the stands that he will kill them all.

^^ well said. you hit alot of good points that I didnt. I dont even think that guy was real, tho. I think it was either to incite further escalations of intensity, or to test the waters with some of the responses. That was a good analogy there with the "NASCAR" thing. Although it wouldnt be feasible, it brings home a good point about where the "common mans" feelings are right now, looking back at layoffs and wall street/main street stuff.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by 12.13.2012

It wouldn't happen. Any insurgent paramilitary force would have to resort to guerilla and terrorist attacks, if they didn't want to be wiped out.
^^ this is what I was referring to.

Say the tin foil hat brigade ambushes a convoy or a patrol. A firefight would ensue. The convoy or patrol would call for suuport. A quick reaction force, with armored vehicles, would respond. They would also have close air support, likely gunships, and fire support from mortars or 105/155 howitzers.
^^ this last bit is a strong point you have.

Only if this is the first time it happened, would there be little support. After the first ambush though, all of that other support would quickly become SOP.
the tin foil hat brigades would be aware of this and take precautionary actions.

In reponse to such ambushes or raids, all electronic communications would be monitored and recorded by Signals intel analysts. UAVs would be used to conduct constant surveillance. Tin foil hat brigades would be infiltrated.
^^ If this was true, the US would have only been in the middle east for a week. they are fighting hard right now as we speak.

Once enough intel was collected to track down their training facilities and operations centers, we would go in. The threat would be eliminated.

^^ once again, I dont see this happening in Iraq/ Afghanistan.

** I didnt construct this properly, so please read it here again where I did a failed job of highlighting the points^^^ thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by desert

Some of his comments in his original text were somewhat inflammatory.

Overrall, I understand his point. His clarification was much better and more along my own line of thought.

Agree.

It really is worth the read, but I hope the following might be a sufficient brief summary.

This is intended to be a rewrite of the article that was written - because some people obviously DON'T get it.

The article I wrote yesterday was intended to be a call for peace, and a moment for pause. ... Obviously, the intent of my message was convoluted and lost. This is an attempt to correct it.

Probably the most foolish choice of words I chose to use in that article were the words 'civil war' . I just shouldn't have written them. But I could think of no other way to articulate what I felt it would require for the military to become involved. A civilian uprising wouldn't be sufficient, it would require an all out civil war.

Much of the comments reflected on this poor choice of words - and successfully derailed the conversation from a call for peace and to use the democratic system to resolve our differences, to people arguing over who's side would destroy who. I'll admit, I too was guilty in that regard - and my attempt to compare military and civilian life easily came across as boisterous and hostile, even though its' intent was to be succinct and concise. For that, I apologize.

Some of the comments about a Marine not being able to write this remind me of Biden's characterization of Obama, "articulate and bright", sounding as if he's surprised.
My God, I am humbled intellectually by many military personnel these days! And not just by the graduates of the military academies, but by the many "articulate and bright" young men and women in uniform.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I'm sure that any insurgents would take precautions.

We are not fighting hard, except in Southern Afghanistan. Iraq is pretty stable and combat operations have almost completely ceased. The same can be said for most of Afghanistan.

One of the difficulties with Afghanistan and Iraq is language, ethnicity and culture.
On the other hand, any American insurgents speak English and it would be extremely easy to infiltrate them and analyze intercepted communications. I can't stress how easy it will be. Any paramilitary groups will operate in an environment of severe paranoia and often cull their own members out of fear. They won't know who to trust and will eat their own.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You can´t trust jack on the internet these days. If you want to stir up some crap on a liberal website, you post a message like what is being talked about from some anonymous dude who says he´s a Marine. Right now there are all sorts of stories about democratic leaders being attacked by "mad" people in various forms and ways. If I´m a supporter of keeping this heat on the republicans and the teapartiers, the best way to do my part is to keep my fellow supporters supplied with good, freshly baked, outrageous material.

If I wanted to stir up some hell over at a teaparty site, it´s not hard to do. Maybe I´ll say I´m an FBI agent and I´m going to have to arrest you teaparty protesters if my boss says so because ...blah ...blah ...blah, and my post gets page one attention. My letter gets copied from hundreds of viewers and bam, it´s web-wide inside of a day or two.

This Marine deal reeks to high heaven of a basic PSYOPS op done by a lone person, perhaps a small group, getting their rocks off right now watching this spread faster on the net than a trojan virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join