It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine ready for killing Americans - Popular idea with the Left

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No, I'm not kidding.

Today, Saturday 3/27/2010, the most popular discussion thread at a "progressive liberal" website (Democratic Underground) revolves around an article in which a U.S. Marine admits he would kill Americans if given the order. Those Americans, specifically, are right wing Americans he says want a Civil War.

Now I 'd like to disperse a myth here - many of you think that US military would not fight civilians. I can't speak for all, but in my case - the moment you declare civil war, you're no longer civilians. The moment you attack the constitution, you're now enemies of that constitution. And I swore to defend and support and if necessary give my life for that Constitution and utilize every tool, technique, and weapon at my disposal to do so. And trust me, I'm not alone. I hope some of you heed my words and cool the rhetoric and focus on achieving your goals diplomatically instead of physically. It would never want to receive a frag order to Maryland, or North Dakota, or Texas, but it is an order I will follow no matter how much it pains me to do so.

(emphasis mine)

Keep in mind, this pro-kill Americans article is the most popular discussion thread at the Democratic Underground, a self-proclaimed "progressive" website. Here's a screen grab:

files.abovetopsecret.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ed9a5533521.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's that thread: A Marine writes about civil war in the USA.

And here's the original article: An article I wish I would never have to write - To those calling for a civil war, this Marine wants you to stop, and think…

The Marine goes on, urging people to imagine their neighborhoods being over run by US military:

"For those of you calling for a civil war, I implore you to stop and think about what you're saying. Look around your neighborhood and your city. Now imagine using that terrain to survive. Imagine dodging semi-automatic rifle fire as you scramble from cover to cover, dragging your wounded child behind you. Imagine the deafening report of a mortar as it strikes the ground a 150 feet in front of you, the overpressure enough to shatter your teeth and perforate an ear drum. Try and envision a Stryker rolling through neighbor's front lawn or a F/A-18 making lazy loops over your head in Close Air Support for the troops in the distance."

So ATS, I ask of you, how twisted is this US Marine? He thinks killing Americans is "defending the Constitution"? Hasn't he ever heard of Oath Keepers?

Or is this some sort of propaganda designed to put fear into the citizenry?

If he is so concerned about defending the Constitution, why doesn't he get up off his butt and remove the criminal politicians and bankers out Washington D.C.???

This also goes to show how radicalized the left has become. To them killing Americans is defending the Constitution. This is not a good sign.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Seems as if every tenth post these days is written by someone claiming to be a marine

I have no way of knowing if the post you've featured was written by a marine or someone living a fantasy (seems to be a lot of those, too)

On the other hand, it could be just another lunatic employed to ramp up fear and confusion

Just no way to know

Having recently read a thread about how everything we say online will soon be monitored (with some claiming that's already the case) it's a wonder this marine hasn't been paid a visit by the authorities

In the UK now, apparently, severe penalties are imposed in cases where people falsely claim a military connection. Wonder if it's the same in the US ?

One thing I do agree with is your comment:

If he is so concerned about defending the Constitution, why doesn't he get up off his butt and remove the criminal politicians and bankers out Washington D.C.???

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Um. Maybe the thread is very popular because they think that it's something important to talk about and look at?

Anyway, it seems like this is actually a real concern. If civil WAR is declared, the rebel armies -- and even if they are in the right, that's what they are, rebel armies -- will have declared war on the military. So they're automatically fair game. Because it's war. I think that's probably the bulk of what he means.

Further, it's long been military policy to give only the smallest damn about non-combatants on the enemy side. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were attacks on civilians; if you would call this monstrous, you'd have to call those monstrous. I call them monstrous, of course, but I'm sure a lot of people here don't. Plus, all the crap we've done to civilians in the Middle East -- if you're prepared to condemn those (as I am), only then can you condemn this idea.

I think this is sick. but I also think it's nothing new, and nothing shocking (even though it should be), and that it's not the (alleged) marine's fault, but rather the fault of the military machine. And it's certainly not reflecting poorly on the liberals at that website, at least not as you've posted it. I don't feel like going over there and looking; I mean, ATS is supposed to be non-partisan and I want to cry at all the political vitriol that gets thrown around here, I couldn't stand going to an actively on-one-side political website. But if there're liberals going "RIGHT ON, MAN!" or anything like that, you need to be quoting them, too, to make your point.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Dude, if I posted every post from that thread that liked what the Marine said, it would be an ugly mess. Just click the link and read for yourself how those posters grovel in approval over the disgusting threats that Marine made.

The article is a threat of violence which injects an approval message that it's okay for the U.S. Military to go to war with it's own citizens.

You and the Marine seem to miss the point that it's impossible for there to actually be a Civil War in this country, because there is only ONE standing army. This isn't a north/south deal.

Any sort of attack by the U.S. Military against citizens would be a violation of the U.S. Constitution itself, a self contradiction by the U.S. Marine that seems to evaded you. Oh, the irony.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This "marine" is sadly miss-informed. I believe the tea party folks are pro constitution not anti constitution as our current government representatives seem to be. The tea party movement began after our so called representatives passed tarp against the overwhelming objections of their constituants.
Furthermore I dont believe that the tea party people are calling for a civil war or a revolution,they are calling for representative government right or wrong our representatives are supposed to vote the will of the people,thats what has them protesting and rightfully so.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Thank you, that's exactly the point.

The Marine is doing a double straw man by both implying that the people who want their country back are anti-constitution, and that he's defending the constitution by defending the robber barons of this nation.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'd like to debate this "marine" if he could be located. Seems the thread in the op is a repost by a member of the website not the "marine" himself. I imagine that he would find himself in a minority among the enlisted men. In fact I would bet he is and that is probably his problem,he doesnt fit in amongst his peers so he tries to find solace amongst others outside his current surroundings.

I dont believe we are anywhere near any type of revolution or civil war so the matter is actually moot. There are extremist amongst any group of any side.

[edit on 3/27/10 by nickoli]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I agree with you, but all of the Tea Party posters I have "met" on forums think that the corporatocracy is just fine. They are protecting the robber barons. People on both ends of the spectrum are, in fact.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
does anybody else see Chinese writing
on this ATS Thread????

WTF???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9181a72465b.jpg[/atsimg]

has ATS been hacked by Chinese???

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

I agree with you, but all of the Tea Party posters I have "met" on forums think that the corporatocracy is just fine. They are protecting the robber barons. People on both ends of the spectrum are, in fact.

Yeah.

Both sides are defending the status quo (worldwide economic/political/cultural/spiritual Rape).

You know, the prospect of Republicans and Democrats shooting each other does seem cool though. As long as no innocents get caught in the crossfire, that is!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Seems to me, you missed his point.

He's telling people not to be stupid.. And that war won't be a romantic thing, it will be cold, desperate, bloody and in the end won't fix anything.

He's saying these things to people that call for civil war. Not to people just trying to abide by the constitution. I don't know if a Marine wrote this, but people should take his words with serious-ness.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

As a member of The Sons of Liberty and a tea party attendee I find your post offensive. I would go further and point out why, specifically calling us tea baggers but whats the point.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This person makes it sound like there would be military personnel on
every street corner in America. If there was a civil war in the US, it
would most likely be everywhere. Now, just how many military do we
have in our Army and Marines? Enough for a few in each town in the
US. How many towns and cities are there? There isn't enough military
in all branches of the service to control this country. I hope it doesn't
come to a conflict between the military and the citizens, but it could with
all the peed off people here. And I believe there are about 125 million guns
in this country owned by the private citizen with probably enough people
to man all those guns. The military might have bigger guns and bullets,
but they could never control this entire country. Just my guess. I hope we
don't find out though.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The marine sounds like a worthless piece of sh!t, to be totally honest. Real sick bastard who should get his face caved in with a bat.

Talking about "dragging your dead child behind you", etc. Seriously, that is ridiculously disgusting behavior. Why is he even thinking about this?

[edit on 27-3-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Simply out of respect, I would like to ask that you don't make rash generalizations that are actually pretty far from the truth.

Not all Americans are crazy, it's primarily the ones who make it to a position of power, somehow, through our convoluted system, in which our votes don't count anyways.

Badmouth our government all you want, but leave the people out of it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
when our founding fathers began to take the stand against oppresion from overseas, they were called extremist, they were called crazy, they were called terrorists. they were threatened and people were killed for thier beliefs.

yet today we enjoy the freedoms that these "lunatic terrorists" stood, fought, and died for.

these freedoms are beeing destroyed as government ideology further separates itself from the basic principals of the people it governs.

government officials are far out of touch with american life, and now they impose this healthcare bill upon us, but refuse to live by the laws the make for the public.

no body wants to find themselves in a violent civil war, no one wants to see thier neighborhood burnt marred and bloody. but every red blooded american that enjoys thier freedoms should be willing to take it there if that is what is asked in order to return this country to the hands of the american people.

high powered government officials are afraid of the tea party movement because it is based in the back yards of the american public, and it isnt going away. they will be called crazy, and all sorts of rhetoric in order to try to stop the american people from putting the government back where it belongs. and that is under the ever present thumb of the american public.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
do you folks remember right before we invaded Iraq,
millions of leaflets were dropped on Saddam's
Republican Guard Troops which basically said
"if you abandon your tanks, you will not be harmed"?????

Well this post by the so-called Marine seems to be
the same kind of Psy-Ops ploy as those leaflets were.
It tries to soften the enemies resolve to fight.
Except they are using internet means today to get
their propaganda to the Revolutionaries.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Oh, I got his point, but you missed the entire point.

The entire point is that if HE is so concerned with the hell of war, then it is HE who should DISOBEY the ILLEGAL ORDERS of his superiors to attack Americans.

Obviously he is a blood thirsty psychopath if he is excited enough about killing American men, women, and children (did you read his quote?) so much so that he's willing to twist his murderous urges into a duty of his oath to protect the US Constitution?!?

F#$% that guy.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
dp you folks remember right before we invaded Iraq,
millions of leaflets were dropped on Saddam's
Republican Guard Troops which basically said
"if you abandon your tanks, you will not be harmed"?????

Well this post by the so-called Marine seems to be
the same kind of Psy-Ops ploy as those leaflets were.
It tries to soften the enemies resolve to fight.
Except they are using internet means today to get
their propaganda to the Revolutionaries.

You are not the only one, and frankly, that was one of the reasons I took the time to make this thread. I had other points to make, but I was curious if anyone else felt that gut instinct deep down inside warning us of this possibility.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join