It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Slavery has existed in many, probably most, cultures. I am not the first one to notice that boxer "Muhammed Ali" took a Muslim name. The Muslims traded black African slaves right through the 20th century, and sold them to Europeans as well as to various middle eastern countries. Back to the boxer. Muhammed Ali's given name was Cassius Clay, named after a well known CHRISTIAN abolitionist. Slavery was anomalous in Christian Europe, though not non-existant. It's promotion on North American territory was a strange evil--the earliest traders were Arabs and other black Africans. Wh. .
Point: Christians, Jews (especially from Spain and Portugal,) Muslims and African "animists" were all guilty. Not to mention Hindus, Buddhists, Confucians and Incans and Aztecs.
What is unique about the U.S. is that over 600,000 men and were killed in one of the bloodiest wars ever fought. Were they all fighting over slavery? Of course not. But they wouldn't have been fighting and dying so horribly if slavery had never been brought to these shores. And most of the Southerners did not own slaves, and did not want to. America is not the first and only country to have slavery but is the first and only where persons of the dominant race have given their lives for another race. Please spare me the "The Civil War was not about slavery." I know the official reasons. I also know the countless accounts of everyday persons and their families who were involved, and fighting to "make men free" gave the whole enterprise its deepest resonance.
So give it up already. Productive, white, working class Christians have been forced out of neighborhoods and cities THEY BUILT by blacks who have as good as destroyed them. I know. I, and millions of others in the northeast, as well as other regions of the countries, have lived through it. Safe, working class and middle class neighborhoods, now no go.
Taxpayer money goes to pay for these "oppressed" people to breed. Taxpayers can't have kids because of expense. Go on welfare and get all kinds of government money and breed as many as your ego wants. (yes, and poor whites too--but we're concerned with percentages here) We pay for them from before they are born, throughout their life. Our tax money pays the people who ruin our cities, rape and murder and sexually harrass us in the most vile way, and then call us "racists" for having the temerity to resent them and tell the truth. The weirdest thing is that whites can be loudest screamers of "racism" accusations. Either they are so insulated they are ignorant and believe fairy tales of white malfeasance, or they are just goofy, or perhaps caught in a Stockholm Syndrome.
Fahaggh. Enough already. I am neither Christian nor atheist, but your rehetoric is OLD. Nobody with brains who has lived around that of which you speak, believes it. Maybe some goofy people who are protected and only believe professors and "acitvists" in their ivory towers.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by centralcasting
What is unique about the U.S. is that over 600,000 men and were killed in one of the bloodiest wars ever fought. Were they all fighting over slavery? Of course not. But they wouldn't have been fighting and dying so horribly if slavery had never been brought to these shores. And most of the Southerners did not own slaves, and did not want to.

Taxpayer money goes to pay for these "oppressed" people to breed. Taxpayers can't have kids because of expense. Go on welfare and get all kinds of government money and breed as many as your ego wants. (yes, and poor whites too--but we're concerned with percentages here) We pay for them from before they are born, throughout their life. Our tax money pays the people who ruin our cities, rape and murder and sexually harrass us in the most vile way, and then call us "racists" for having the temerity to resent them and tell the truth. The weirdest thing is that whites can be loudest screamers of "racism" accusations. Either they are so insulated they are ignorant and believe fairy tales of white malfeasance, or they are just goofy, or perhaps caught in a Stockholm Syndrome.

Hmmmm Groovy. Just continue attacking the straw man that is slavery and go ahead ignoring the issue of white supremacy. So most of the southerners did not own slaves. This may have been a numerical fact but someone must have owned slaves or did the crop circle aliens tend to the cotton?

Again If most southerners were not slaveholders they subscribed to the "Code Noir" and the One drop rule and the majority were fully in support of white supremacy. The question is what is the role of white supremacy in American society today?

And what percentage of slaves died in the middle passage?

And didn't the number of people taken from Africa further impoverish Africa.

How did blacks come to the North East. Wasn't it for work? You cannot hold us up to be feckless and alsomove looking for work.

Loved the piece about welfare. Why should anyone ever go to work if welfare is such a joy???

Regarding black crime. Black on Black crime is the majority activity. Given the level of segregation in America that you have alluded to white people do not enter black neighborhoods. Again you cannot have it boths ways and your position is illogical.

PS do you think anything in your post is perhaps racist?

Do you think that anything in your post is perhaps stereotyping black people?? Sheesh no wonder racism has not died out

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Tiger5]

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Its to bad that we are still hung up on race, only in America. Hopefully soon none of this will matter, I am hoping for the 'cleansing', the fortold events of late 2012. I am so tired of man, this flawed species that destroy all they come in touch with.

True there were injustices done to the black man on this planet, and there still are, but right now I look at the world in scope and see that mankind as a species is gone mad, we are plainly on a collision course with the end, at lease that is what I am hoping for, then let the renewal period begin.

Religion will not save us, DUMBS will not either, this way the earth can get on with being what it was meant to be, and this flawed species called man will cease to exist. We are all ignorant and have been fooled.

Oh and yes I am African-American, black, negro or whatever the name is and will be tomorrow. It soon will not matter.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by centralcasting

i also took offense to part of this.

white people can claim rasicism, not be we are goofy idiots, but because racism is racism regardless of what time period it happens in, and what race is being attacked.

like i said before, i have never owned slaves, neither has my family. my family was in fact running from oppression themselves, and were lucky to make it here.

why should i sit around being accused of doing things, and called all kind of names, that describe someone nothing like me, just because it would make someone feel better about what happened to persons in someone elses family way before they were even thought of?

i understand racism is still rampant, that is not my fault, and i dont dare sit around while ignorance is spewed out. that goes for both sides. i have gotten into fights with so called "white supremacist" because the things they were saying and doing is just so abhorent that it just screams STUPIDITY.

the same can be said from the other side of the aisle, even if they think they are victims.

a lot of your post could be misunderstood as racism too. what you see as a grudge forming in your mind, over wrong-doings you think have been commited against you and your people (ie paying welfare, crime rates), can almost be attributed to the conditions of the cities today.

a person evolves to their environment, and while i agree, that environment cannot exist without those evolved to that setting, it is a self defeating environment. thats why i stress community, and knowledge, are the most powerful things to use to over come these odds.

when people come together, they can help through either monetary contributions to just good old self esteem boosts. this creates a place of warmth and happiness, and criminals and defunks cannot thrive in this.

many many many neighborhoods have actually gotten better over the past few years (believe it or not), and i think a threshold has been reached.

people are tired of living in fear.

once the community itself, and not the outerlying communities who intercept responsibility, begins to change of its own volition, then you can start to see real positive change. it has to come from within though, and applying bandaids to problems will only make it worse.

Either they are so insulated they are ignorant and believe fairy tales of white malfeasance, or they are just goofy, or perhaps caught in a Stockholm Syndrome.

when you say this, it makes me think that you have no idea what stockholm syndrome is. its when you identify with your oppressors, and even though they are hurting you, you take their side.

also, how can you be ignorant, yet believe that whites were breaking the law? its contradictory. look up these words before using them. unless i just misunderstood everything you wrote.

what you said about the many different other races that did own slaves is true, and i agree with that.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Hmmmm Groovy. Just continue attacking the straw man that is slavery and go ahead ignoring the issue of white supremacy. So most of the southerners did not own slaves. This may have been a numerical fact but someone must have owned slaves or did the crop circle aliens tend to the cotton?

it was the several, extremely large plantations that made up the bulk of the slave trade. there is a stat that said that 80% owned 20 or less slaves. i think this makes some people believe it wasnt as rampant as it was, but that is still pretty alarming number. i dont believe it candy-coats anything personally, but it would be foolish to believe that everyone had slaves. some people couldnt afford it, or were morally opposed.

Again If most southerners were not slaveholders they subscribed to the "Code Noir" and the One drop rule and the majority were fully in support of white supremacy. The question is what is the role of white supremacy in American society today?

yeah i think you are right here. it was the current mentality at that time. why question it at all right? this is still happening on both sides, and its more ignorant breeding ignorant. of course, the code also had restrictions on the slave owner himself.

And what percentage of slaves died in the middle passage?

And didn't the number of people taken from Africa further impoverish Africa.

How did blacks come to the North East. Wasn't it for work? You cannot hold us up to be feckless and alsomove looking for work.

Loved the piece about welfare. Why should anyone ever go to work if welfare is such a joy???

Regarding black crime. Black on Black crime is the majority activity. Given the level of segregation in America that you have alluded to white people do not enter black neighborhoods. Again you cannot have it boths ways and your position is illogical.

PS do you think anything in your post is perhaps racist?

Do you think that anything in your post is perhaps stereotyping black people?? Sheesh no wonder racism has not died out

you are right on by most of your post, and i think you summed it up pretty succinctly when you said, "Again you cannot have it boths ways and your position is illogical.", and i think this most definitely works both ways.

with a little knowledge, anyone can free themselves from anything.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

It is true that most Southerners did not own slaves. Slaves were very expensive.

Most slaves were owned by very wealthy plantation owning aristocrats.
Some of these aristocrats in Louisiana were not white, but Creole.

In a US census before the Civil War, around 8 million whites lived in the South. Out of these 8 million, less than 380,000 owned slaves. Over 260,000 free blacks lived in the South. Over 3,000 free blacks owned slaves, primarily in Louisiana around New Orleans.

Extreme prejudice against blacks in the South originated primarily with Irish immigrants. The Irish were at the bottom of society in the South. They were very poor and were often hired by plantation aristicrats to do dangerous work, such as construction. Slaves were kept in the fields and in the households. The immigrants were known as rednecks, from the fact they plowed their small fields. House slaves also gave them the names "white trash" and peckerwood. The latter name orginated from the house slaves who compared the red headed and loud Irishmen to woodpeckers. There was much hostility between the poor whites and the slaves.

Society in the South before the Reconstruction was somewhat feudal. Immigrants, especially from Ireland were at the very bottom. Wealthy aristocrats held all of the power and money.

After the war during the Reconstruction, the Aristocracy was destroyed. Most of the South that did not own slaves resented the blacks and blamed them for the war. They became scapegoats for poor whites.

Even in Louisiana, the once powerful Creoles found themselves victims of hate and found themselves being segregated. The landmark Supreme Court case Plessy Vs. Ferguson in 1896, by Creole Homer Plessy who refused to sit in a rail car for blacks only, lead to the court ruling that "separate but equal" was not unconstitutional.

Edited for some figures

[edit on 12/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Why are you targeting blacks? Why not the Italian Mafia, or the Russian Mafia, or the Mexicans, or even the predominentaly white run KKK?

Your are obviously racist.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

In these communities you find more tolerance towards gangbangers, drug addicts, and prostitutes, who pray to God for forgiveness than for honest productive citizens who deny the existence of God. This, for me, is one of the most embarrassing elements of Black culture, our zealous embracement of the God of our kidnappers, murderers, slavemasters and oppressors.

I think this author presumes too much. Presumes there is no tolerance for honest productive citizens. This is wholly inaccurate. People don't know what you believe in, they know what you do and judge you by those actions.

Do people lament the gangbangers? Boys with no parental guidance, little education or opportunity and a death wish who roam city streets with one hand on a crack pipe and the other on a gun? Yes they are lamented and they die every day and people hardly notice at all. I see no tolerance there. I see a turning away - an ignoring.

And the drug addicts...I guess the writer thinks there should be no tolerance toward drug addicts.
If this were the case there would be very few people left at all in this country because we are a drug culture and drugs are pushed upon us at every corner. She should show a little tolerance and try to fix the problem rather than denigrate the unfortunate who fall prey to advertising, self medicate for mental illness (they cannot afford to get medical help for) and peer pressure.
And prostitutes? Not a whit of concern over child trafficking, the plight of these women and girls forced into lives of prostitution.

I think this is cold hearted, cruel and ignores human suffering at every opportunity.
Empathy and compassion are not exclusive to any religion. They are human qualities and either you got them or you don't.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OP, what religion do you propose todays African Americans embrace then? African Americans have no sense of history before slavery and therefore do not know what country their families are from. There are many religions in the African continent, Christianity being one of them. Are you suggesting that it is more fitting for a black American to arbitrarily select another African religion simply because most slave owners were Protistant? That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And to call Jesus "The white man's God" is just as stupid.

It is clear to me that African Americans, with no sense of their own history, are the angriest bunch on the planet. This article is a perfect example. There is a constant reaching and wanting for something they can call their own because of the awful fact that their forefathers and mothers were forced here hundreds of years ago. This is why African Americans frequently choose a new way of speaking, dressing, behaving etc...... This is actually the white Americans fault more than anything. White Americans have ostricized and ridiculed black Americans for hundreds of years. When black Americans tried to fit in with society before the late 60s, they were shut out and told "you're not wanted." So it is clear that the whole of the African American community is kind of "lost" without any true identity before slavery. Whereas most white and other Americans can identify with their lineage; being a German, Italian, Turkish, Irish American.

Your OP has some effect, but seeing as religion is about loving one another and living according to an ethical code, why would rejecting Christianity and accepting an African religion or no religion at all for that matter, make any more sense? The quoted article is basically saying that Christianity is not ours, therefore shouldn't be embraced. I find this extremely problematic.

The author af the article should just start his own church and call it "Eboniatity". Are you seeing the pattern here?

[edit on 12-3-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
OP, what religion do you propose todays African Americans embrace then? African Americans have no sense of history before slavery and therefore do not know what country their families are from. There are many religions in the African continent, Christianity being one of them. Are you suggesting that it is more fitting for a black American to arbitrarily select another African religion simply because most slave owners were Protistant? That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And to call Jesus "The white man's God" is just as stupid.

It is clear to me that African Americans, with no sense of their own history, are the angriest bunch on the planet. This article is a perfect example. There is a constant reaching and wanting for something they can call their own because of the awful fact that their forefathers and mothers were forced here hundreds of years ago. This is why African Americans frequently choose a new way of speaking, dressing, behaving etc...... This is actually the white Americans fault more than anything. White Americans have ostricized and ridiculed black Americans for hundreds of years. When black Americans tried to fit in with society before the late 60s, they were shut out and told "you're not wanted." So it is clear that the whole of the African American community is kind of "lost" without any true identity before slavery. Whereas most white and other Americans can identify with their lineage; being a German, Italian, Turkish, Irish American.

Your OP has some effect, but seeing as religion is about loving one another and living according to an ethical code, why would rejecting Christianity and accepting an African religion or no religion at all for that matter, make any more sense? The quoted article is basically saying that Christianity is not ours, therefore shouldn't be embraced. I find this extremely problematic.

The author af the article should just start his own church and call it "Eboniatity". Are you seeing the pattern here?

[edit on 12-3-2010 by spinalremain]

QFT, and I would add: I'm a black man, and I also think "white man's god" goes down as one of the top ten dumbest things I've read on ATS. whatever anyone sees god as, whatever name, etc, let's agree(if you believe in one at all) that it does not belong to any one race of people

Furthermore, black people in america ARE lost. we don't have real history to fall back on in america, just the timeline from slavery to right now. that's not really history. that's because black americans don't actually connect with where we come from, africa. the irish go to ireland, italians to italy, etc..how many black americans actually go to africa, or know which tribe they descended from? damn few, including myself, but I plan to change that. once I know, THAT will be my history. there's a DNA test you can take to find out. I'm gonna start there.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well I went to Africa over 10 years after I let go of most of my anger and saw a different viewpoint. Everyone thinks that white people have personal history but that is not true as white people are not homogenous. Some can trace their family history back to Europe but some cannot.

I have sat in smart and dingy pubs in Dublin and seen the eyes rolling when "Some bloody yank comes in looking for his roots when their ancestor left 4 generations ago". Only the passingly curious and of course those looking for free drinks really expressed much interest.

I wonder if the much hated ROOTS TV prog did not affect white like blacks. Going to Africa was fun but similar to being a Yank in Dublin. I think that this issue of roots is an American issue reflecting the relative youth of America versus British age (and attendant Alzheimer’s syndrome).

Do those Americans with say - French ancestry ever dare pine for "L a belle France"?? Given the current state of Franco - American relations?

No I don't buy it. All that needs to be done to me is to honestly appraise the current situation as the battle for white supremacy then decide what the impact of it has been on your life in terms of who is and who is not a worthy member of the black race and the MOVE ON IN HUMANITY.

I would not say we must love because love is to emotional and yes there is always the risk of a crime of passion. In Fact I would argue that aspects of black identity that some Black nationalists yell are indicative of black awareness in fact reflect how we have allowed white supremacists to shape us. Being shaped by others is not freedom.

All I know is real freedom is an ability to occupy any aspect of territory and not the territory that a white supremacist has defines as ours. Should a black person be able to play Mozart?? Damn right! And then play some bebop also. Should a black person be able to sing Opera? Damn right but I don’t have to listen!

Actually we do not even need to have any religion as humanism trumps them all. To look at someone and know their faults and then acknowledge our common bond (which is not an invitation live in each other pockets or get into bed) is all it takes.

I think that what we call a typical black person is really just a reflection of how the white supremacy fight has panned out.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

when i heard aretha sing this

i let it shape my opinion that this woman can SING!

[edit on 12-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

When you start with false assumptions you will most likely arrive at false conclusions.

You assume that there is no God.

You assume that the Christian God is a white man's God.

Therefore, not surprisingly, you have difficulty understanding why Blacks would chose to be Christians.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Do those Americans with say - French ancestry ever dare pine for "L a belle France"?? Given the current state of Franco - American relations?

The current state of Franco - American relations is not the reason. My ancestors left France because they were made to fee unwelcome in their own country.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by CharlesMartel for typos]

[edit on 12-3-2010 by CharlesMartel]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Exposing The Devil

Hello I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your posts, however I must make an observation that seems to have slipped passed the other members ready? Ok first let me say that I do believe that much of the ancient history has been tampered with but according to your book and your logic you cannot blame the poor white.. see? here is your own words ... first you start of by saying this in the beginning :

Well they enslaved us and shoved the image of Cesare Borgia down our throats.

400 years of this will force you to worship them.

who is them? I mean according to you later post you claim this:

I guess you didn't know blacks were ruling Germany up until 1768?
Queen Charlotte was the last black queen of England.

have I read this right? up until 1768 maybe your forgot to write something but as it stands out to me you say that blacks were in control meaning 400 years ago aka slavery was in 1610 thus making the en-slavers your own blood

you seem to confirm this too saying:

White people were shoved into the Caucasus Mountains, thats why we named you Caucasian and you kept the name, thats also why white people like rock climbing.
Even the Bible tells us white people liked living in mountains and caves.

did they like it or was forced to?
and again you say these golden words:

This is what they try to hide, they want the world to think they have been ruling forever, but really all they did was steel history and commit Iconoclasm.
White people have really only been fully ruling for 300 years.

again only 300 years then you can not blame slavery on whites ..
but so you appear to do anyways saying:

Keep your lips sealed to Uncle Toms ass because your an embarrassment to the black race.
Here I am scraping up history that was white washed out by our oppressors and you come to defend them, you make an excellent slave, your no different than the slaves back in the day snitching out his own brother escaping the slave farm to the White Master.
You are the embarrassment.

so from what I can understand is that for most of history black people have been running the show and is therefore the creators of all there is, including wars and genocides, because as you said the whites were showed into caves and mountains and have only been ruling for 300 years.

finally you say this : Or you think whites have been truthful about history?

well according to your own words and logic who's the big bad wolf?

This was just for fun, personally i believe that no one is innocent "you reap what you sow" , its just that your "books" seems to put the blame on well you get my point . So in conclusion whites looks like angels when we take into account the so called time frame they have been ruling
Personally I know this not to be true I believe that Europe has been and still is creating a lot of the problems around the globe (the leaders) . 2 I do believe that the bible tells the story of Ethiopia and the king of kings lord of lords 3 I do see more happiness and joy in Africa despite the conditions as compared to the west no one really talk on the bus or in the subway where i reside therefor I do believe that the ancient love peace and understanding comes from the source of the lost empires of Africa , however it also seems to be the source of all the drama . this is not meant as being rude or condescending or anything of the like, if nothing else view it as a comic relief in all the racism, hate and intolerance oh and FYI Jah who sits upon the throne of Zion reigneth in the hearts of all flesh so bashing some part of the global population makes you what you claim to expose.. If you cannot forgive you cannot walk in Jah righteous way god is love so let us all love peace to all and all the best to you my lord in understanding your past present and future sorry for not using the quote function .

[edit on 13-3-2010 by a-being-?]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

African Americans have no sense of history before slavery and therefore do not know what country their families are from.

That sentence is so wrong, i'm going to leave it alone. One note, the EUROPEANS decided to try and slice up Africa into the countries that are prevalent today. If you want to be correct with your statement...back in those days there weren't that many established "countries"...just territories of respective nomadic and agricultural tribes.

It is clear to me that African Americans, with no sense of their own history, are the angriest bunch on the planet. This article is a perfect example.

Perfect example of what? My history just like yours began with Plymouth rock. Say what you want but your American son, from the womb to the tomb. Your lineage may be traced to a certain aspect of Europe..but that's about it....this is OUR country (mine, yours, and every American). People fail to realize in the grand scheme our baby is still young. Compare American history to say...Indian or Chinese.

So your going to take the opinions of one person and apply it the whole huh? That my friend is stereotyping at it's best, keep up the good work...your easy to spot.

There is a constant reaching and wanting for something they can call their own because of the awful fact that their forefathers and mothers were forced here hundreds of years ago. This is why African Americans frequently choose a new way of speaking, dressing, behaving etc......

Stop...no really stop. You have no idea what your talking about.

So it is clear that the whole of the African American community is kind of "lost" without any true identity before slavery. Whereas most white and other Americans can identify with their lineage; being a German, Italian, Turkish, Irish American.

Not to repeat myself but stop...no really stop. You have no idea what your talking about. There are many nomadic tribes in Africa, not to mention the ones that decided to settle in one area. No telling where my lineage originates. Unlike the Europeans, the ancient Africans traced their blood lines through the women..yes the women.

why would rejecting Christianity and accepting an African religion or no religion at all for that matter, make any more sense?

There we go my man, i agree 100% with that, that's what i'm talkin bout!
I think the OP sees a problem with following a religion that the oppressors used, period. The muslims did the same thing in Africa, except they had to convert or die...a different situation than our forebears who were brought into Christianity to make them more complacent and accepting of their situation.

The quoted article is basically saying that Christianity is not ours, therefore shouldn't be embraced. I find this extremely problematic.

How so? I'm not being sarcastic either it's an honest question. I can see both sides of the arguments i just want your insight.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

The article is a perfect example of how black Americans are angry. It is racist in itself and adds to the problem.

My history and family's history did not start at plymouth rock. That was 1620 and my family's history goes well beyond that. I am neither Dutch, nor Protestant. My family hails from Southern Germany, and Finland. Those are my roots. America is where I live, not where my blood and surname come from. We all share American history together, but our families history is seperate, and sacred. It is personal and belongs to us as individuals.

Since the African continent had much different map lines and perceived area boundries in "those days", I suppose black Americans know what tribe they're from? Pre 2oth century African borders have nothing to do with tracing ones roots back to Africa. That is what I was talking about. That it is easier for other Americans to trace their anscestry if they wish, by following their family name, and trying to locate European relatives. This has been known to happen from time to time. For a black American to do this, it would be extremely difficult I would think. Please correct me if I am wrong. It seems to me that you are cancelling out the anscestry point by saying that all American's history resides solely with this country. I do not see it that way. This country is in fact a mixture of all global people. Most of which are aware of where their families are from. Native Americans are usually aware of what tribe(s) their blood is because they did not use state lines. Why would Africa be different? The only difference is that because Africans were forced here, much of the lineage is lost. With thousands of tribes, some gone forever, some new, how is a black American supposed to know? Personally, I wish there was a council set up to try and make sense of this. I think it would give many African American families comfort in knowing that their roots can be traced back to a specific area. Not just Africa. Africa is huge and diverse, and almost like saying "I'm from Earth."

I do know what I am talking about. You are just telling me I don't. That doesn't make it so. African Americans do in fact have a desire to have something of their own, Beyond American history. That history is littered with awful truths. Rap music, ebonics, different styles of dress, and other black American inventions do not reside in Africa. There are no baggy pants and gold teeth in Kenya or the Sudan. This is because African Americans are pissed off and want something of their own. This isn't rocket science. Just like the article's view on Christianity, many black Americans don't want to associate with their opressors music, language, anything. They were stripped of their heritage and want something of their own. Black men and women have told me this throughout my life. It is not true for all of course, but to many it is. I can say that if I didn't know where I was from, I would indeed be searching for an identity also. Like an adopted child, there is a search for your heritage. This is why black men and women in Europe aren't nearly as angry as a cluture, and more readily accept the cultural norms of that respective country. It is because they weren't forced to live there and know exactly where they come from. I've never heard of ebonics in England, have you?

I think this is part of the racial divide. I think this divide adds to the problem. Whereas we shouldn't be laying claim to things. Ie... this is white and this is black.........We should be embracing the beauty in all things. I realize racism will never go away, but it has gotten better. I think it can indeed get better still. I do not think that classifying Christianity as a white religion is helpful, nor accurate even.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Some of the comments in that post were stereotyping black people.

Just as blaming African slavery on "whites" is racist stereotyping of white people.

What SOME individuals do, whether they be white or black, is not what ALL individuals who happen to share the same skin color do.

And racism hasnt died out because of the rhetoric of SOME blacks today, every bit as much as that of SOME whites.

SOME people love the role of "victim." It allows them to feel entitled to be whatever negative thing they want to be. Be that hateful, lazy, underachieving, criminal, racist, nasty natured, etc. Just like SOME people love the role of "superior" because it allows them to be whatever negative thing they want to be. Be that hateful, lazy, underachieving, criminal, racist, nasty natured, etc.

Racism exists because it allows SOME people an excuse to do what they wanted to do anyway. That is to be jerks. And there are SOME of those types of people in every "group" as defined by skin color.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Personally, I wish there was a council set up to try and make sense of this. I think it would give many African American families comfort in knowing that their roots can be traced back to a specific area. Not just Africa. Africa is huge and diverse, and almost like saying "I'm from Earth."

Actually, there are some companies that specialize in something like this.

www.africanancestry.com...

www.rootsrecovered.com...

They use DNA to try to determine what tribe or part of Africa your ancestors came from, so that you can have a better understanding of your own "personal" history, rather than just a blanket "African" one.

Caucasian's can do the same thing, if their families have been so "Americanized" that they have lost or forgotten their family hisotry, or for those who were adopted or fostered and have little personal knowledge of their own genetic family history.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

This comment is the reason why we can't get together, unified on a solid foundation against the real threat in our community and in the country. Yes the ashkenaz, sephardi etc monopolized the slave trade and created a religious book based on the Kemet Mystery School teachings they spent centuries, if you'd read/researched you'd know this, trying to force their way into. Having said that people get upset when they are proud of their heritage and forums like this created by whites for whites have members such as yourself who feel it is their sworn duty to uphold what or keep some brainwashing that has proven to be favorable. This is a hot issue because if you've built your world on a lie and can't bare the consequences of waking up, you will fight, even kill verbally or spiritually those who dare to bring whats been in the dark to light.
Still some people have to exploit their sense of entitlement, privilege, when even in the arena of alternative history, some claim to be awake but are partially sleep walking in their utopia. There is nothing wrong with what ButterCookie said. It's not an attempt to spread hate but way to do the racist thing and slam it down and isolate the individual so you can feel superior.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join