It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you miss the most if you could never go to the grocery store again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
In the book "Into the Forest" by Jean Hegland, two teenaged girls are left alone in their house in a remote location. As food stores are consumed the girls miss tea and sugar. What would you miss?

During the last winter storm I had lots of food in the house but nothing I really wanted to eat. I wanted cookies, crackers, pretzels-all junk food items. If I couldn't go to the store again I think I would miss chocolate.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Cheese. I would miss cheese so much.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Browsing the bulk pasta and smiling at pretty hippie girls.

Cheese would be second.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
coffee, far too addicted to coffee to go without, that and chocolate
sadly ops question didnt lend itself too well to a multi line post :p

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Eggnog, espresso, Lofthouse sugar cookies and sushi combos.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Oh, let's see... the line's, irritated customers compaining that someone is taking too long, or how about the people that block entire aisles to have a really loud conversation about something personal, that we don't really need to hear, no wait, I would mostly miss the store clerk that has no idea where to find an entirely common item that has been sold at that store for years, and oh the parking lot's, what fun...... Did I miss anything???

link   
I would miss cheese, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and flapjacks.

link   
I'd miss that nice soft toilet paper the most.
I can't imagine having to wipe your butt with yesterdays newspapers for eternity.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Cheese for me too!!!

strangely cheese was my first thought THEN chocolate!

after that probably convenience foods and coca-cola.

Casing

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I would miss the cheese.

I said it!

If there is a god, his favorite food, MUST be cheese.

So, yeah, in closing, if I wasn't able to buy a cheese wheel I would be pretty upset..

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild
I'd miss that nice soft toilet paper the most.
I can't imagine having to wipe your butt with yesterdays newspapers for eternity.

But noone said the pharmacy was closed, so all is well with the wipe and soap.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
With all the cheese lovers here, I'm tempted to suggest that there is some sort of cheese conspiracy, evinced by those "Behold the power of cheese" commercials...

So that I'm on topic, coffee would be third, and frozen foods (Boca Chik'n Patties and Hot Pockets) would be fourth.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRoboto
Cheese. I would miss cheese so much.

Yea, cheese. When I was in Africa I missed McDonald cheeseburgers. When I moved from Philadelphia to California I missed cheesesteaks, but when I moved back I missed really good tacos.

Perhaps you always miss what you can't have!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Add me to the cheese list...

Cheese is its own food group in my house.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Man people really love their cheese!!! Personally, I'd miss choc-chip cookies, chocolate yogurt and chocolate ice-cream.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'd miss meat, because I love a good steak, but i really would rather not butcher my own meat. Not that I haven't or couldn't, just that its not really on my top 10 chores list. Especially lately, I seem to be seeing all animals differently....

Meh, maybe I'll just go vegitarian and I won't miss a thing about grocery stores

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Oh, let's see... the line's, irritated customers compaining that someone is taking too long, or how about the people that block entire aisles to have a really loud conversation about something personal, that we don't really need to hear, no wait, I would mostly miss the store clerk that has no idea where to find an entirely common item that has been sold at that store for years, and oh the parking lot's, what fun...... Did I miss anything???

What food item would you miss?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Mushrooms. I can only harvest Chantrell mushrooms at very wet times of the year, and at that growing under Sea Grape trees. I would miss mushrooms.

I would miss liquid soap. I can make soap from coconut oil, lye from ashes and some salt, but ohhhhh maaaan, is that ever a long drawn-out process.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In the word's of that great purveyor of cheese, Chester Cheetah... " It ain't easy being Cheesy "

www.cheetos.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

see reply post....www.cheetos.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join