It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by Angus123

And if they did, why did they all move to Australia?

To get to the other side.

What evidence do you have that they lived somewhere else besides Australia?

Let me see....wheres my shovel.....hmmm......sorry I'll have to get back to you on that.

So I guess life, including plants ,must have evolved everywhere at once?

How did dandelions get to North America?

[edit on 4-3-2010 by dusty1]

Seriously...? You admit you have no evidence, and yet you stand by your assertion, and rather than give a straight answer you make a chicken crossing the road joke?

And then you try to bring up dandelions as if it will somehow bolster the case you already admit you can't make? Really?

Have a good night

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question. I think it is relevant. How did dandelions get to North America? My examples are my proof. Come on, you didn't at least get a chuckle outa my joke?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question. I think it is relevant. How did dandelions get to North America? My examples are my proof. Come on, you didn't at least get a chuckle outa my joke?

Sorry, but it's not relevant in regards to the topic which is HOW DID THE KOALAS GET TO THE ARK?
You have asked questions and evaded and so far you haven't answered.
Your examples don't explain the logistics of their travel even a tiny bit.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Sorry, but it's not relevant in regards to the topic which is HOW DID THE KOALAS GET TO THE ARK?

I already told you. I think they were on the same continent before the flood.
They went to Australia later.

You won't answer my question, because it helps prove my point.

Horses and dandelions were brought to another continent by people in ships. Why couldn't the same thing have happened to Koalas? It's just too simple I guess.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
"HOW DID THE KOALAS GET TO THE ARK? "....well usually animals walk where they need to go ....and being parts of creation....they listen when God speaks to them.....unlike many people who have ears to hear, but don't....all the animals that were requested to board are said to have gathered outside the ark and many remained outside the Ark for 7 days after the Ark was filled with sufficient designated numbers until the rain came down.....

It's so simple isn't it......

It is much easier to show compassions to animals. They are never wicked - Emperor Rastafari.

Glory to The Father of Creation!

(If any animal was meant to be on board - it would be there by the power of God!) - come hell or high water....

[edit on 5-3-2010 by ImperialMaj]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ImperialMaj

Amen to that my brother!

[edit on 5-3-2010 by dusty1]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I already told you. I think they were on the same continent before the flood.
They went to Australia later.

You won't answer my question, because it helps prove my point.

Horses and dandelions were brought to another continent by people in ships. Why couldn't the same thing have happened to Koalas? It's just too simple I guess.

Those things happened several millennia later, and prove nothing in regard to the ark.
I ignored it for that reason.

You admitted you have no evidence to back up your claim and now you're saying people with boats are your evidence that point to koalas living in other countries before the flood.
Dude, I've enjoyed our debate, but this is too much, lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImperialMaj
"HOW DID THE KOALAS GET TO THE ARK? "....well usually animals walk where they need to go ....and being parts of creation....they listen when God speaks to them.....unlike many people who have ears to hear, but don't....all the animals that were requested to board are said to have gathered outside the ark and many remained outside the Ark for 7 days after the Ark was filled with sufficient designated numbers until the rain came down.....

It's so simple isn't it......

It is much easier to show compassions to animals. They are never wicked - Emperor Rastafari.

(If any animal was meant to be on board - it would be there by the power of God!) - come hell or high water....

So... you can't explain this logically so you're playing the magic power of god card.
Nice, lol

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
@ Angus123: Thanx, Yes indeed the "Magic Power of God" is afterall the Supreme Power...KAPOW!!!!

Logic dictates to me that God exists, and his name is "Jehovah" amongst other names known to us. If you would accept the same, we are left to disagree about semantics only.

Should you not, we remain divided on the matter.

And animals walking to the location of the ark over a time period is logical and probable as apposed to flying....

Yes, the Ark is real, the flood is real, and God is Real. It's not merely a "card" I'm throwing on a table, it's the attention to the fact that it's the Creator of all matter that all tables and cards come from....

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
At that time wasn't there only one continent that was
called Pangaea ?

The arch (39 26'26'.32"N / 44 14'04.54"E) is located only 534.21km s/w from Gobekli Tepe.
Gobekli Tepe was a refuge, the 'Garden of Eden'.
The animal carvings there are amazing, especially since they are 8 thousand years older than the pyramids !
It is understandable that 'Noah's arch' is where it is claimed to be located (more than coincidence). All one has to do is research Gobekli Tepe :

www.dailymail.co.uk...

img30.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-3-2010 by ToneDeaf]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

reply to post by ImperialMaj

Amen to that my brother!

[edit on 5-3-2010 by dusty1]

Barring for a moment the distinct impression of "Trolling for Christ" (or lulz) I'm picking up from this exchange, I find it ironic how easily the study of the natural universe (the "Creation", if you will) is cast aside by the very people who label themselves as "Creationists".

Whether or not you assume divine authorship, it's hard to refute that the bible is merely a book. Men write books all the time. Educational, inspirational, fictional, autobiographical... etc. We have special community buildings where we store large quantities of such books for public access. Books are not beyond the realm of human invention.

The natural world, however, is. The natural world, the creation, exists beyond man's capability to forge or alter or invent. Mankind has no repositories of physical universes which we've created and share communally. To even suggest such a concept is an absurdity.

So why, then, is a man-made book touted as a higher authority on god's creation than the very creation we inhabit. Why cannot the distinction between doctrine and deity be made in their minds? Perhaps reality is simply too counter-intuitive and down-right weird for them to wrap their minds around? And if a creator god is responsible for this strange and counter-intuitive reality in which we find ourselves, then shouldn't such counter-intuitiveness be indicative of which direction that one should start searching for the truth?

It's often said that truth is stranger than fiction. If that holds true, then the bibles of all religions fall flat in comparison to the universe - exposed as the simplistic self-important anthropomorphic fancies of men who lived in a time when ignorance and fear guided humanity. J.B.S. Haldane once remarked on the strange creation we find ourselves in;

"Now, my own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose. I suspect that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of, or can be dreamed of, in any philosophy."

A statement which, I think, holds more wisdom, humility... and honesty, than any passage found in the bible. It compliments nicely, as well, Thomas Paine's observations in his work Age of Reason... and more eloquently stated than I have done so far.

"The Creation speaketh a universal language, independently of human speech or human language, multiplied and various as they may be. It is an ever-existing original, which every man can read. It cannot be forged; it cannot be counterfeited; it cannot be lost; it cannot be altered; it cannot be suppressed. It does not depend upon the will of man whether it shall be published or not; it publishes itself from one end of the earth to the other. It preaches to all nations and to all worlds; and this word of God reveals to man all that is necessary for man to know of God."

The question is simple; If you believe in a god which created the universe and everything within it - including yourself, why then do you promote the belief in a mere book over the evidence of the very creation you attribute to being god's own handi-work?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
"The question is simple; If you believe in a god which created the universe and everything within it - including yourself, why then do you promote the belief in a mere book over the evidence of the very creation you attribute to being god's own handi-work?"

This is not being done. The Book & The Creation are One.

Example: Reason is if a Flower is created out of cardboard and painted and someone really likes the reality of the flower (Creation) and also have some family or friends write a book about how the cardboard was cut, then paint sourced etc etc, and people also loved the book describing how the Flower came about being, they would naturally revere both aspects of the Truth of The Flower being the Creation & The Book thereof.

Who feels it knows it....

It's not about exalting The Book above the contents thereof(Creation), but finding the beauty of the history and accounts that relate to the contents thereof within.

Believers encounter the history of certain peoples and nations and don't see that as separate from the Creation.

In the beggining was the Word, and The Word was made flesh. God speaks and it is done......and someone usually writes something down

The truth is contained in many books from around the globe, and the 66 books included in The Bible are of great importance, as is all Truth encountered in Earth. It contains an extremely personal account of events petaining to Jehovah Himself and other Glorious events passed, present and future.

If everything could be prooved, their would be no need for faith, and no reward for believing.

man only knows what God chooses to reveal to him as it could be said "No man knows everything"

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

These articles and stories are always interesting. There are some fascinating theories in this thread. That said, the skeptic in me tends to over-ride any momentary fascination.

If this were true and there is a site that can be visited, I would think there would be far more coverage in various media. Perhaps there is a great evil cover-up keeping this from us. I doubt that. There are many globetrotting religious folk that would go there in a heartbeat. The mid-east holy sites, the pyramids, Fatima, Medjugorje, Mecca and the pilgrimage list goes on. I would think there would be an endless stream of people and eventually scientists to the site.

As for the Biblical account of "the flood", that seems a bit over the top in terms of a God/Creator. "HE" could destroy "HIS" creation but could not communicate to individuals in a convincing manner. Just this one guy and his family. Others would not have stopped dead in their tracks if "HE" spoke to them directly? Was this flood the most efficient way of cleaning house? (I know, who am I to take the "Creator of the Universe" to task on efficiency?) No reset button? A lot of misery and pain? Or was the flood story a way of coming to grips with a natural disaster? An exaggerated history.

Aside from the Biblical account, could there have been a flood? Sure but how would anyone have known and prepared a boat? Sure, only a God or aliens capable of predicting such an occurrence. Where did those prognosticators go? I suppose they had other intergalactic stops to make. Maybe they couldn't swim.

I always seem to come 'round to thinking in these instances that we have a very short life-span in which to come to grips with what came before and what will come after while living in the now. We only get a sniff of the whole pie. Thanks for the thread and the interesting posts.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
Every Noah thread I always point out the biggest blooper in the Ark fairy tale, and the fundies never reply. I wonder why. But I will repost and see if anyone has the guts to try and make it plausible:

Koalas live only in Australia. They eat only eucalyptus leaves that grow only in Australia.
Australia is an island continent.

So how did koalas get onto the ark?
Did they pack enough food to last the entire time they would be gone, sling it over their shoulders, swim the Indian Ocean, walk across Asia and FINALLY get on the ark?

Splain Ricky... splain.

Now Lucy! Angus, not to support the Biblical account but your koalas point can be explained away in a rather unsatisfying manner. At one point the continents were connected, I've read, in a super-continent "Pangea". All the land masses were connected and they could "walk" there and perhaps eucalyptus was wide spread in the ancient world. Or they just stopped in the 7-11 on the way. By the way, how long would it take koalas to walk anywhere? Maybe they thumbed a ride? Do koalas have thumbs? And if they do would you see them if they were hitch-hiking? Would a camel pick up a hitch-hiking koala? But I digress... The food sources for all animals en-route to the "ark" could be questioned as you have for the koalas.

When a or "the" historical flood occurred in relation to the existence of koalas I can't tell you. The other way around this would be to say that koalas evolved after the flood and after the continents broke apart. That is thought to be the case for the marsupials of Australia. They went in another evolutionary direction after the separation from the other continents. I'm not an expert but those are two easy although improbable explanations. I would have went the unicorn route.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Come on the bible is a history book,NOT A STORY BOOK,use your common sense a little ,noah obviously didnt take ONE OF EVERYTHING .He took the animals he would need to reestablish himself and his people,there really was a flood,Noah really was tipped off ,and we REALLY DONT KNOW HOW OR BY WHO.

But you can be darn sure someone had technology,the real question is WHY DIDNT NOAH HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY HIMSELF?

Please stop with the one of everyhting story unless you want to say that the Ark was made of wood for some unknown reason but really contained DNA samples as we would store today,anything else is nutty.

Just put science ,the story in the bible and other books ,your current education,and a little common sense together and its not so hard to see the truth.

And NOAH DID NOT COLLECT TWO OF EVERYTHING FOR GOODNESS SAKES.

It doesnt mean he didnt collect some things but lets try to forget the miracle crap ok,stay within humanly possible acts and keep reading your bible and substituting the BS for science ,history,and common sense.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by one4all]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

But you can be darn sure someone had technology,the real question is WHY DIDNT NOAH HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY HIMSELF?

Hence my thread.

What would the skeptics have said?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Heres a crappy thought ,what if noah was kind of like the government and he was contacted by extraterrestrials who tipped him off and he wasnt stupid enough to disobey a power HE KNEW WAS GREATER THAN THE BS GODS HE HAD LEARNED TO PREACH ABOUT.Sounds llike noah was a regular religous scam artist until he REALLY WAS CONTACTED,by then he was somehow able to build the ARK.

What if as the bible says everyone was told but didnt listen,BUT FOR REAL,just in a slightly different context?

What if our own governments are OUR NOAHS and they have once again been warned BUT THEY DIDNT TELL US ALL LIKE NOAH DID.What if they decided to be selfish Noahs and build underground shelters and offworld genetic preserves for only a select few??

That would be considered to be the true definition of the GRAND DECEPTION.

WHAT IF THE POWERS THAT TIPPED NOAH OFF HAVE ALREADY TIPPED US OFF THE SAME WAY BUT NOAH WAS A BETTER GOVERNMENT THAN OURS????

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Noah was the few and humanity was the many.Noah was different because he was able through his obvious abduction or contact events to create a NEW perspective that other people COULDNT HAVE POSSIBLELY SUBSCRIBED TO UNLESS THEY WERE IN SOME WAY VULNERABLE TO HAVING THEIR OWN PERSPECTIVES ALSO CHANGED.Like a religon,or a King,or a father,or a Boss.

Noah was the contact point because he had or weilded some type of power.

helping noah build an ARK would have been like quitting your job as a stockbroker and moving to Montana to help build a survival compound.You would have to have a darn good reason to act this way and have some PRETTY RELIABLE INFORMATION TO MAKE THIS TYPE OF COMMITTMENT.

Heres a ringer for you,I can tell you why noah built the Ark,he was abducted,and so was I,as a matter of fact I will tell you right now to find high ground wherever you happen to live,get to it and cross your fingers.

I wasnt told to build an Ark but I sure was told some things that are making me do just as I advised you to do.

Thats how I know the bible is BS,and thats how noah was forced to accept a new reality as well.A good question might be HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE WERE TOLD JUST LIKE NOAH WAS BUT DIDNT LISTEN?How many people are being told today?

Sure we have found a huge ark,and we know where it came from ,so why the religous crap?

Ever been to the MOON,well I have,you WOULDNT HAVE BELIEVED NOAH EITHER.

Astronaughts,congressmen,scientists,government defence ministers,thousands upon thousands of educated people are currently trying to tell the masses what is happening in their world BUT AS IN NOAHS TIME MOST ARENT LISTENING -----BECAUSE THEY ARENT SUPPOSED TO HEAR THE WORDS.

You see I have already accepted as Noah must have that many of the people I love JUST CANT HEAR THE WORDS .They cant accept the reality and this is how I already know who will and who wont make it to the coming new reality.If you cant understand or accept what is already here now,you dont have time and you will have to hope you know someone who is prepared and can help you on the spur of the moment,that is if you are somewhere high enough to be alive to need help.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Embarrassing to all of ATS that this kind of stuff still makes the front pages.
The initial conceit is so absurd...
Here's my headline.
"Scientists in Antarctica discover giant turtle holding up the world."

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Seriously if the story of Noah and his Ark is true then how comethere has been no modern equivalent. Surely the world has alot more problems than back when the Ark was suposedly built,also why does it have to be the Ark why not a ancient ferry or other vessel.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join