It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
People are dismissing a very big flaw here..

Rock-ships dont float.

I find it hard to belive that anyone truely thinks that this natural rock formation

that is, ROCK!. Is actually Noahs ark. its rediculous.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
People are dismissing a very big flaw here..

Rock-ships dont float.

I find it hard to belive that anyone truely thinks that this natural rock formation

that is, ROCK!. Is actually Noahs ark. its rediculous.

I think they're trying to say that it is now petrified wood.
But you are 100% correct. It is only a rock. It was always a rock.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I went to check out some pictures of the ark but they claim it is not possibe because of the size so could it be possibel it is the wrong MT?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52

I went to check out some pictures of the ark but they claim it is not possibe because of the size so could it be possibel it is the wrong MT?

I think it's supposed to be Ararat. But that aside there are around 30 million land dwelling species on the planet. Aint no way in crazy land anybody then or now could build a boat big enough to carry 2 of each of them, much less have room for food and exercise.
Especially when only 8 humans were supposed to have been on board.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Your examples don't explain the logistics of their travel even a tiny bit.

Actually they do. The horse and the dandelion (sounds like a book) were brought by people to North America. These are real world examples (not theories in a text book) that show how koalas or there ancestors could have arrived in Australia (after the flood).

Those things happened several millennia later, and prove nothing in regard to the ark.
I ignored it for that reason.
You were talking about the migration of koalas. You ignored my points, because you can't think outside your box.

How did Koalas get to Australia? Show me your proof.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

Your examples don't explain the logistics of their travel even a tiny bit.

Actually they do. The horse and the dandelion (sounds like a book) were brought by people to North America. These are real world examples (not theories in a text book) that show how koalas or there ancestors could have arrived in Australia (after the flood).

Those things happened several millennia later, and prove nothing in regard to the ark.
I ignored it for that reason.
You were talking about the migration of koalas. You ignored my points, because you can't think outside your box.

How did Koalas get to Australia? Show me your proof.

Okay seriously... how old are you? Only a 5th grader would jump from admitting he's basing his opinion on no evidence and that he's okay with that, and then decide that his logic is superior and demand answers, lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Okay seriously... how old are you? Only a 5th grader would jump from admitting he's basing his opinion on no evidence and that he's okay with that, and then decide that his logic is superior and demand answers, lol.

Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Nice comment DarkspARCS. I really enjoyed it.

Have you ever read "The Legends of the Jews", compiled by Louis Ginzberg? This is a massive collation of the Haggada.

Chapter IV: The Flood

In this section there is a astronomical phenomena tied to the colapse of the water canopy.

The flood was produced by a union of the male waters, which are above the firmament, and the female waters issuing from the earth. The upper waters rushed through the space left when God removed two stars out of the constellation Pleiades. Afterward, to put a stop to the flood, God had to transfer two stars from the constellation of the Bear to the constellation of the Pleiades. That is why the Bear runs after the Pleiades. She wants her two children back, but they will be restored to her only in the future world.
www.sacred-texts.com...

This is the only myth I have ever found that explains the Deluge was caused by an external force. A bunch of these legends are passed down by oral tradition. I am fascinated by the fact that somebody in anceint times didn't believe that it magically rained 40 days and 40 nights by a snap of a divine finger.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hope I'm not too late for me to put my two cents in here. I've heard many different stories of the flood from the bible to sumerians and so forth and to me only sticks out the most. The one story in the bible actually gives the measurements of the boat, says who built and why. Noah is the one we all know built the boat beause he was commanded by GOD and when God tells your personally to do something YOU DO IT! and all will be taken care of. Doesnt matter if the boat doesnt seem big enough to hold 2 of every animal plus the humans and still have room for food and what not. When your dealing with God "Anything is Possible" its not that hard to understand even if your just somewhat religious.
Now I've also heard many people claim they have found the boat(the ark) or its resting and come up with nothing more than interesting rock formations and indentations in the snow or ground and nothing more just a hunch. Sorry but your all wrong unless you can come up with concrete physical proof and I believe you will never find any cause I believe God had taken the boat and all evidence of it up to heaven just like the ark of the covenant. How do I know this, I dont its my belief, I'm basing my belief on religious material and faith.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DemonSpeedN

When logic fails... the magic god can do anything trump card.
I mean no offense. But your statement is common to most christians.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Seriously?
People really think that the Noah's Ark existed and the story of Noah's Flood is true?

[edit on 3-3-2010 by sphinx551]

Seriously?

People really think that humans are monkeys that decided to wear cloths, smoke pot and believe blindly on other monkeys and that Darwin's theories are true?

Have you read the article or you is just playing the pseudo-smart part?

It's all a matter of seeing the evidences. I mix of iron, aluminum and titanium alloy stuck on a petrified piece of wood is pretty convincing to me. Specially if you take into consideration the age of the whole thing.

I can't say the same about the theories on the human evolution. Which are based on nothing more than a bunch of disconnected skeletons with no relation to each other scattered all over the world that were glued together with a hole lot of imagination.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

Originally posted by sphinx551
Seriously?
People really think that the Noah's Ark existed and the story of Noah's Flood is true?

[edit on 3-3-2010 by sphinx551]

Anyone who is a fundamentalist Christian beliieves that. If they don't then they think they are going to hell. That's a lot of "people."

You do realize that the Genesis is not a Catholic text and is shared among several religions right?

If you don't, I recommend you some reading before pointing your fingers at something with the wrong argument.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Hey if you're wrong about the existence of a magic god, do I get my money back? If someday I do meet my Maker, and He asks why I stopped trying to serve Him, I will just say "Hey, I listened to Angus123 on an internet forum".

I'm sure that if God does exist, He will except that answer.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Once again I have anything to add to one of your posts. Completely agree with you.

What I found interesting about the article wasn't the allegedly ark, but the existence of a mixture of metals that predates the iron age. That alone (if true of course) once again proves that the current humans have a tendency to take older civilizations as inferior or plain stupid.

Perhaps it's not Noah's ark, but if it's a ship does it really matter if it belonged to Noah?

I honestly think it doesn't. The knowhow of compound metals consisted in part by rare metals like titanium dating before the iron age, alone is subject to a interesting discussion.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Evaporation?

That is the stupidest explanation that these ark hunters use.

Do you even realize how much water we're talking about here?

If that amount of water were to "evaporate", you'd be crushed by the weight of the atmosphere.

And if somehow you weren't crushed, you'd drown from breathing in air so wet that you couldn't even really call it air.

You want to claim that God "forced all the water up out of the ground" and used that. You might as well say that God made the water appear and then disappeared it when he was done slaughtering all the humans (except his incestuous pedophile pal Noah.)

Problem is, that's not how the story goes in the infallible book.

Harte

Even though I agree without knowing the exact time frame such options (excuses) can't be easily discarded.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I won't get into the whole, this is the ark, this isn't the ark argument at this point. But I will bring up why did God flood the earth to begin with. If God really is all powerful and nothing is impossible with God why would he need to instruct some old man and his family to build this boat, then put it into one pair (or seven pairs in some cases) of species on earth to migrate from all over the planet to hop abroad the boat. Then make it rain so much that all life on earth, except for those on the boat, would die. Couldn't God just have snapped his fingers and killed off every living thing, except for what he wanted to live.

I really seems pretty ridiculous to me. God gets pissed at mankind because mankind is so evil. So why not destroy nearly all the life on the planet, then regret it and promise never to make it flood again. Looks like it didn't do any good mankind isn't much better now than back then.

Oh and by the way, what happened to the insects during the flood?

"Insects have the greatest number of individuals living of at any one time. It is estimated that there are approximately 10 quintillion (10,000,000,000,000,000,000) individual insects alive. There are 1,017,018 species of insects in the world with some experts estimating that there just might be as many as 10 million species out there." www.entomon.net...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

Hey if you're wrong about the existence of a magic god, do I get my money back? If someday I do meet my Maker, and He asks why I stopped trying to serve Him, I will just say "Hey, I listened to Angus123 on an internet forum".

I'm sure that if God does exist, He will except that answer.

LOL!!! That's just heartwarming, lol

But don't worry. I'm not wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

The man who has this piece of wood and story rented a building here back in the 80's, and set up a museum. He charged to come in and see these exact same photos and read the same story, all to culminate in the viewing of a peice of wood. I took the tour for free, he was set up in the same building as my Dad's thrift store. I kind of felt sorry for the guy, he believes what he believes, no one can sway him, he went there himself and it had a strong influence on his life. I don't mind him believing it, he might be right, but even back in the 80's when I first saw this pic, I thought to myself that it looked like purely a natural occurance.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I highly doubt this is Noah's ark. How do we even know there really was a Noah and there really was an ark...

Even if somebody did find Noah's ark, how can they possibly prove that it is what they claim it to be?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

How do we even know there really was a Noah and there really was an ark...

Because it says so in the bible, how do you think we managed to survive the deluge if Noah didn't build an ark. Our existance alone proves the ark.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join