It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Every Noah thread I always point out the biggest blooper in the Ark fairy tale, and the fundies never reply. I wonder why. But I will repost and see if anyone has the guts to try and make it plausible:

Koalas live only in Australia. They eat only eucalyptus leaves that grow only in Australia.
Australia is an island continent.

So how did koalas get onto the ark?
Did they pack enough food to last the entire time they would be gone, sling it over their shoulders, swim the Indian Ocean, walk across Asia and FINALLY get on the ark?

Splain Ricky... splain.

Now Lucy! Angus, not to support the Biblical account but your koalas point can be explained away in a rather unsatisfying manner. At one point the continents were connected, I've read, in a super-continent "Pangea". All the land masses were connected and they could "walk" there and perhaps eucalyptus was wide spread in the ancient world. Or they just stopped in the 7-11 on the way. By the way, how long would it take koalas to walk anywhere? Maybe they thumbed a ride? Do koalas have thumbs? And if they do would you see them if they were hitch-hiking? Would a camel pick up a hitch-hiking koala? But I digress... The food sources for all animals en-route to the "ark" could be questioned as you have for the koalas.

When a or "the" historical flood occurred in relation to the existence of koalas I can't tell you. The other way around this would be to say that koalas evolved after the flood and after the continents broke apart. That is thought to be the case for the marsupials of Australia. They went in another evolutionary direction after the separation from the other continents. I'm not an expert but those are two easy although improbable explanations. I would have went the unicorn route.

Pangea existed millions of years in the past. Not thousands.
The flood story is supposedly only thousands of years old.
In order for that to be how it happened, the continents would have had to be traveling ridiculously fast to reach their current positions in mere thousands of years.

You are correct sir, in my opinion.
But there's the rub in what you've said Angus. "The flood story is supposedly only thousands of years old." The Bible shows the Earth and man as being around only a few thousand years. And so a written history? Perhaps only in the vaguest sense and one with an elastic time-line. I consider the Bible a mélange of historical events, legends, myths, trivia, poetry, tribal law and more. Also a written example of the old telephone game in spots. The more the original message gets passed along, the farther it gets from the truth.

By the way, I was tongue in cheek with my assertion that koalas walked to the ark. (They rode Harleys!) Just playing devil's advocate and I said it would be unsatisfying. If there was a kernal of truth in the Biblical ark legend, it was likely an ancient farmer or land owner that floated his livestock down a flood plain on a barge. Just my opinion. Gawd knows how long ago that was.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

But don't worry. I'm not wrong.

How can you be so sure? Abiogenesis is a sketchy field. Science has said that most of the universe is made of Dark Matter and Dark Energy Link

Where were you when the universe came into existence? Where were you when life began? So you lived around the time of the flood legend and can debunk it?
Maybe you have a magical ship and have scoured the known universe and have seen for yourself that there is no God?

Should we trust a 40 yr old, Brett Farve lookalike with a goatee (you also look like a friend of mine that passed away)......... or a document thousands of years old?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm curious Angus123 how is it you came to the conclusion that you are right about this noahs ark thing, I want solid concrete physical proof. On a side note I'm also curious if your not christian what religion are you and if your not religious what interest do you have in the whole noahs ark topic.
Overall you seem to me to be one of those people that if science cant explain it then its wrong and if that is indeed true then sorry to burst your bubble but science CAN"T EXPLAIN EVERYTHING! thats where religion and faith come in. Now I'm not saying religion and faith can explain everything cause it cant thats why you need both.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonSpeedN
I'm curious Angus123 how is it you came to the conclusion that you are right about this noahs ark thing, I want solid concrete physical proof. On a side note I'm also curious if your not christian what religion are you and if your not religious what interest do you have in the whole noahs ark topic.
Overall you seem to me to be one of those people that if science cant explain it then its wrong and if that is indeed true then sorry to burst your bubble but science CAN"T EXPLAIN EVERYTHING! thats where religion and faith come in. Now I'm not saying religion and faith can explain everything cause it cant thats why you need both.

Science can prove a lot more than a book of stories written by bronze age cave men.
Taken literally, the stories of the bible, and the ark in particular implode upon themselves because these things are simply not possible. A boat crewed by 8 people handling millions of animals. So much water the highest mountain is covered.
The air would be so humid you'd drown in seconds from merely breathing.

Animals swimming oceans spanning thousands of miles. If they could do that why did they need an ark? The salt water and fresh water mixing killing most aquatic life. I could go on and on.

You want these stories to be true... so you will construct any fantasy you have to in order to keep believing them.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

But don't worry. I'm not wrong.

How can you be so sure? Abiogenesis is a sketchy field. Science has said that most of the universe is made of Dark Matter and Dark Energy Link

Where were you when the universe came into existence? Where were you when life began? So you lived around the time of the flood legend and can debunk it?
Maybe you have a magical ship and have scoured the known universe and have seen for yourself that there is no God?

Should we trust a 40 yr old, Brett Farve lookalike with a goatee (you also look like a friend of mine that passed away)......... or a document thousands of years old?

Favre...? Really...? Man that was cold... to him I mean

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You still didnt answer my questions about if your religious or not and if so what religion?
It makes me laugh everytime I hear someone say that stone age cavemen did this or that, that was truly amazing for its time. Most people around the world think that human civilization started as cavemen and it was like that all over the world. To that I say your all wrong because first of all look at all the amazing structures and tools ancient humans have created like, the Pyramids around the around the world, stone henge, puma punku, easter Island just to name a few. Most people with your level of thinking say that cavemen couldnt of done that cause cavemen were stupid and didnt know how to do anyting besides kill for food and beat their women. Now if you were intelligent enough to do some research and yes your gonna have to read some books with possibly some big words you probably wont understand on human evolution. Your gonna find out that when the human civilization started they were way smarter than people with your line of thinking give them credit for. You gotta look at it from a family tree sort of perspective, one or more branches may be thriving and then you have branches that are withered and dying, you see where I'm going with this. Humans did not evolve from apes and aliens didnt help build the pyramids cause early humans were too stupid to figure it all out and sometimes what logical isnt right but if you wanna go through life thinking like a damn vulcan you be me guest but to me its just sad.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You still didnt answer my questions about if your religious or not and if so what religion?
It makes me laugh everytime I hear someone say that stone age cavemen did this or that, that was truly amazing for its time. Most people around the world think that human civilization started as cavemen and it was like that all over the world. To that I say your all wrong because first of all look at all the amazing structures and tools ancient humans have created like, the Pyramids around the around the world, stone henge, puma punku, easter Island just to name a few. Most people with your level of thinking say that cavemen couldnt of done that cause cavemen were stupid and didnt know how to do anyting besides kill for food and beat their women. Now if you were intelligent enough to do some research and yes your gonna have to read some books with possibly some big words you probably wont understand on human evolution. Your gonna find out that when the human civilization started they were way smarter than people with your line of thinking give them credit for. You gotta look at it from a family tree sort of perspective, one or more branches may be thriving and then you have branches that are withered and dying, you see where I'm going with this. Humans did not evolve from apes and aliens didnt help build the pyramids cause early humans were too stupid to figure it all out and sometimes what logical isnt right but if you wanna go through life thinking like a damn vulcan you be me guest but to me its just sad.

I was raised fundamentalist christian and sent to a catholic school. I studied the bible from childhood on up.

And THAT is why I don't believe it.
And save the condescending attitude. You're arguing in favor of superstition and myth with the puffery of an intellectual. Either you believe in reality or you believe in fantasy.
Choose what you will, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously if you choose the latter.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So your saying you dont believe in the bible and that its stories are myths and fantasy and not to be taken literally at all and you've come to this conclusion because you were raised catholic. Wow thats just sad, well I wish you luck and when the second coming occurs we will see who is right and who is wrong, or if you die before that you will find out the truth.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So your saying you dont believe in the bible and that its stories are myths and fantasy and not to be taken literally at all and you've come to this conclusion because you were raised catholic. Wow thats just sad, well I wish you luck and when the second coming occurs we will see who is right and who is wrong, or if you die before that you will find out the truth.

Self righteous garbage... Um... I mean... OH NO!!! I BETTER GET RIGHT WTH JEEBUZ!
I came to this conclusion because I have critical thinking skills, and I've read the bible many times. You've come to YOUR conclusion because it's easier than using your brain and the world frightens you. You need your invisible sky daddy. The thought that maybe you alone are responsible for your life scares you sh2tless.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Every Noah thread I always point out the biggest blooper in the Ark fairy tale, and the fundies never reply. I wonder why. But I will repost and see if anyone has the guts to try and make it plausible:

Koalas live only in Australia. They eat only eucalyptus leaves that grow only in Australia.
Australia is an island continent.

So how did koalas get onto the ark?
Did they pack enough food to last the entire time they would be gone, sling it over their shoulders, swim the Indian Ocean, walk across Asia and FINALLY get on the ark?

Splain Ricky... splain.

Ahhhh Rickyyyy

This is how.

You know why no one will find the ARK? Because the ARC's are all over the world and have already been found. It was never a boat, never ever ever ever ever a boat. It is an ARC a Pyramid made of KOPHER (limestone) NOT GOPHER WOOD...that's for the love boat. The real ARC(s) saved the civilization of NOAH which means "REST" to the new AGE....And that is honestly what the pyramids are for...but all of you can keep searching if you'd like....you'll never ever ever ever find a boat because that is not what was built. Study and find out for your selves...

Rock Out...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8d451ae57e0.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-3-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Science can prove a lot more than a book of stories written by bronze age cave men.
Taken literally, the stories of the bible, and the ark in particular implode upon themselves because these things are simply not possible. A boat crewed by 8 people handling millions of animals. So much water the highest mountain is covered.
The air would be so humid you'd drown in seconds from merely breathing.

Animals swimming oceans spanning thousands of miles. If they could do that why did they need an ark? The salt water and fresh water mixing killing most aquatic life. I could go on and on.

You want these stories to be true... so you will construct any fantasy you have to in order to keep believing them.

Do you believe in the pyramids? If your answer is yes, you're calling what you believe a fairy tale. How can you believe in something and think it is a fairy tale...because you don't recognize the 7th and final wonder of the world and when that seal breaks...it's too late for you. May I tell you now what the Tower of Confusion (BABEL) is? It has everyone stumped, but I've told you and will tell you again...believe and do not doubt and all things are possible to you and nothing will remain hidden any longer...this is the Generation!! Rejoice for your veil will soon be lifted and you will find that your science is become religion.

NOT millions of animals, 7 pairs male and female of Clean animals and One pair male and female unclean animals. Really a small list and even so, not all packed into one.

Look around the earth, for all the root races built ARCS Noah, Shem, Cham, Yawfith. These are reductionist themes of real events. Many survived, only 8 kept record...Akashic scribed into the rings of the 7th planet, known as NINIB, KRONOS, and Saturn. Wrongly translated NIBIRU by stitchen. Ninib is real and should be trying to hitch a ride any year now, only it's not hidden...it's SATURN...or SATAN the horned planet.

Clean animals and unclean animals...around 230 or so per arc/pyramid and all babies....fit no problem.

And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth. Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the osprey, And the vulture, and the kite after his kind; Every raven after his kind; And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckoo, and the hawk after his kind, And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat. All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.

Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth; Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind. But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

And for these ye shall be unclean: whosoever toucheth the carcase of them shall be unclean until the even. And whosoever beareth ought of the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even. The carcases of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean. And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even. And he that beareth the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you.

These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind, And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole. These are unclean to you among all that creep: whosoever doth touch them, when they be dead, shall be unclean until the even. [Leviticus 11:1-31]

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Self righteous garbage huh, think what you want. It's amazing to me that the truth can stare you in the face and people still dont accept it.
For your information I came to my conclusion because I read, I pondered and just knew it was true. I think you over analyze things way to much with your flawed critical thinking skills or whatever you wanna call it. You say your using your brain when it comes to things that involve religion, I'd say not hard enough because your mind is cluttered with half truths and whole lies and other crap that have covered the real truth. I know I alone am responsible for my actions but its also nice to have someone that knows the path ahead of you and can give you advice on things. The fact that you put a little anger in your last message tells me deep down you know I'm right.
Do you even believe in God anymore, do you believe in the struggle of Good vs Evil, do you believe in the devil, you should cause he believes in you.
Something tells me that your so confused when it comes to religion cause your science and logic cant explain it.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Okay, so let's say that the flood was a lot longer ago than what Creationism says.

Pangea may have been all encompassing continent that was around for billions of years. Divine manipulation (note the wording on that please) decided it wasn't healthy and sent the heaviest thing it could think of to break the land apart. Because there's nothing saying that the plates have always been in motion.

Would it be possible for a global flood to be what was needed to jump start the plate tectonics into action?

[edit on 7-3-2010 by dallasvalla]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

That was delusional... people like you crack me up.

Anyway... go to church. Whisper to your imaginary friend. But try not to think too deeply on it. Because faith is just telling yourself you believe something that deep down you know isn't true. And I can tell by your hell-bent attempts to rationalize the absurd that deep down you do know it. And it scares the hell out of you.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Self righteous garbage huh, think what you want. It's amazing to me that the truth can stare you in the face and people still dont accept it.
For your information I came to my conclusion because I read, I pondered and just knew it was true. I think you over analyze things way to much with your flawed critical thinking skills or whatever you wanna call it. You say your using your brain when it comes to things that involve religion, I'd say not hard enough because your mind is cluttered with half truths and whole lies and other crap that have covered the real truth. I know I alone am responsible for my actions but its also nice to have someone that knows the path ahead of you and can give you advice on things. The fact that you put a little anger in your last message tells me deep down you know I'm right.
Do you even believe in God anymore, do you believe in the struggle of Good vs Evil, do you believe in the devil, you should cause he believes in you.
Something tells me that your so confused when it comes to religion cause your science and logic cant explain it.

There is no anger in my post. Yours are soaked in it.
Look at your hysterical attempts to keep the bolts in your belief structure.
I can actually hear you hyperventilating, lol.
God is not real. Nobody hears you mumbling in the dark.
And I will take reason over self-delusion any day.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

yeah maybe the ark was like psilosophical..

and that he wasnt to store. every animal. but the genome of every animal on earth. so in the case of complete natural disaster. he could remake them with his floating wooden lab. called the ark...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
ok so you dont believe in God, thats your loss. My next question is if you dont believe in God how do explain how everything began? If you say something about aliens or something thats just totall bs I'm gonna laugh my ass off and feel even more sorry for you than I already do.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dallasvalla
Okay, so let's say that the flood was a lot longer ago than what Creationism says.

Pangea may have been all encompassing continent that was around for billions of years. Divine manipulation (note the wording on that please) decided it wasn't healthy and sent the heaviest thing it could think of to break the land apart. Because there's nothing saying that the plates have always been in motion.

Would it be possible for a global flood to be what was needed to jump start the plate tectonics into action?

[edit on 7-3-2010 by dallasvalla]

There was no Pangaea, well not in the sense you think perhaps.

All one needs to do to settle this is to look at a map of the sea bed age. This can be obtained directly from NOAH or NASA.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae526a7a4b13.gif[/atsimg]

The newest part of the earths mantle is at the rifts in the ocean. If you start running time backwards according to the age of the sea bed, you will find that the earth is growing and that every continent fits together on a smaller earth.
When water is frozen it is condensed into ice from liquid form. A young earth having a core of ICE and ROCK, no different then an asteroid or comet gathered mass from the solar system creating a dirt skin upon the outside of the planet.

Radiation from the sun began heating the core (inside just like a microwave oven heats food from the inside out) thus causing the water to expand and push out, like blowing up a balloon. We have evidence of this happening on mars as documented by NASA.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32e96fe2ea8d.jpg[/atsimg]
This went on building up pressure like a steam kettle until it hit a breaking point, when the steam pressure pushing it's way to the surface through any vent possible literally exploded.

The steam and now molten rock blew and cracked the surface of the earth sending water vapor mixed with rock (pumice) into the atmosphere actually forming our atmosphere in a rather short amount of time. Before this it is just as the bible says, "a mist came up and watered the face of the ground for it had not rained yet".

When this mass ejection happened the vapor pushed up so far before it hit space and stopped at the sub zero space temperatures causing the gasses to huddle back towards the earth, thus forming our ozone and Ionosphere almost immediately.

This is when, as it says, "the foundations of the deep were broken up". Until this time large Reptiles roamed the much smaller earth with only the collected mist water forming shallow seas that were fresh water not mineralized nor saline in nature. This is the event that killed the dino's. Since then there have been growing pains for the earth but nothing as traumatic as this first expansion. The earth grew nearly 2/3'rds larger in only a short amount of time. "The LORD" thundered from his mountain...does that now make sense. BAAL Cain o. "Cain rose up and slew Habel being hot in the face...BAAL CAIN VULCAN Volcano....The creator of the earth.

Nothing supernatural, it can all be explained..you just have to look and have an open mind but most importantly, forget everything you think you know especially if it isn't real. No fairy angels, no things that don't exist. Reality and connect 4.

The universe isn't expanding...we are and we have another spurt to deal with and when that comes not many are going to live, but afterwords the survivors will have a brand new earth...paradise and then they will pass "silly myths" on to their ancestors which will be US....Deja Vu

"Wheel in the sky keeps on turning....I don't where I'll be tomorrow oh oh oh"

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'd be a lot more excited about this research but unfortunately Ron Wyatt is attached to it. He's a famous hoaxer so I have a hard time getting enthusiastic about archaeological research associated with him.

Fortunately, he isn't necessary in the bigger scheme of things. I used to be skeptical of the flood and tried to think of it as an allegory. Or downplay it as in perhaps it was localized.

But as time went on and I researched it more, I do fully believe in a world wide flood, without or without Ron Wyatt's stigma or the scientific consensus.

I really do believe that there was a world wide flood, as crazy as that may be too imagine, and that the Bible got it right.

Before poo-pooing it out of reflex, really look into it. It took me about 2 years but I was finally satisfied.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join