It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If you're going to accept the Noah story as true, then you have to accept all of it, not just the parts that happen to fit some piece of "evidence" somebody has discovered. And if all the evidence doesn't fit, then it can't very well be proof of anything. No picking and choosing. After all, who are you to decide what to pick and choose from the Holy Word of God?

Two of every animal on Earth. That's the story.

If the animals don't fit, you must give up on it.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by downisreallyup

It is estimated that the ark could easily have survived even the largest of ocean waves

You don't seem to understand that a global flood would require tsunami waves of many hundreds of feet high. No wooden boat can survive that.

Not that it matters, because there's no evidence of a global flood, and that itself ensures the story is bunk.

Actually, the entire fossil record, the layers visible to us in canyons, archeology, and the ancestry of man oozes of evidence of a global catastrophic flood. All of the scientific evidence supports this.

For proof, see my above posts. Especially the one with all of the topical links.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Now if only we can find where alll that water went...

I'm not buying it.. I've seen 1 to many "I found Noah's Ark!" claims.

Back into the Earth where much of it came from, underground springs, surface lakes and ponds, and the clouds in the sky.

Ever heard of evaporation? I can post evidence for this phenomenon as well lol

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Evaporation?

That is the stupidest explanation that these ark hunters use.

Do you even realize how much water we're talking about here?

If that amount of water were to "evaporate", you'd be crushed by the weight of the atmosphere.

And if somehow you weren't crushed, you'd drown from breathing in air so wet that you couldn't even really call it air.

You want to claim that God "forced all the water up out of the ground" and used that. You might as well say that God made the water appear and then disappeared it when he was done slaughtering all the humans (except his incestuous pedophile pal Noah.)

Problem is, that's not how the story goes in the infallible book.

Harte

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by nazukeoya

the vast majority of scientific evidence points to a global, catastrophic flood in Earth's past.

No it doesn't... not one shred of evidence of a GLOBAL FLOOD.

www.talkorigins.org...

As I have said before:

Also, the vast majority of scientific evidence points to a global, catastrophic flood in Earth's past. Some of the scientific evidences:

1) 99% of the fossils found on land are sea/ocean creatures

2) Most of these sea/ocean fossils are of clams. And these clams have been fossilized in a clammed up defensive position, the same position that we observe today of clams who feel that they are in danger. As if they clammed up immediately because something really bad was happening to them. And these same clams are buried under sediment.

3) The rock layers that are observable are mishmash-ed with older layers on top of newer layers. As if they were just thrown on top of each other immediately.

4) Fossilized creatures, including dinosaurs, are found standing erect in multiple layers of rock that are supposed to have millions of years between each layer.

And that's just some of evidence. For more evidence, check out Institute for Creation Research: www.icr.org

Specific Evidence:

A) Why Christians Should Believe in a Global Flood: *See above post*

B) Geology and the Flood: *See above post*

C) How Could Fish Survive the Genesis Flood?: *See above post*

D) Cooling of the Ocean After the Flood: *See above post*

E) The Flood of Noah and the Flood of Gilgamesh: *See above post*

F) Global Warming and the Flood: *See above post*

G) How Soon After the Flood Did the Earth Return to Equilibrium?: *See above post*

H) What Geologic Processes Were Operating During the Flood?: *See above post*

I) Did Noah's Flood Cover the Himalayan Mountains?: *See above post*

J) Fish Studies Answer Flood Question: *See above post*

K) Flood Geology and Intelligent Design: *See above post*

L) Calibrating the Flood?: *See above post*

M) Mount Moran: A Witness to the Flood: *See above post*

N) The Origin of Coal: *See above post*

O) The Chemistry of Oil - Explained by Flood Geology: *See above post*

P) The Ice Age and the Genesis Flood: *See above post*

Q) The Global Flood of Noah's Day: *See above post*

R) Studies in Creationism and Flood Geology: *See above post*

S) Red Butte: Remnant of the Flood: *See above post*

T) Why Does Nearly Every Culture Have a Tradition of a Global Flood?: *See above post*

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I think this theory deserves its own thread. Not an attempt to derail the ongoing conversation. But rather than the information, if true, is important. The real purpose of the pyramids. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Pauligirl

Indeed, Ron Wyatt is not just a charlatan but a buffoon, he's been debunk time and again.

The clown also claims to have found the ark of the covenant and egyptian chariot wheels at the bottom of the red sea.

I recently met a christian who was jumping up and down in excitement over Wyatts incredible claims. This particular xtian not unlike most other xtians I've met will beleive absolutely anything than another xtian claims, without entertaining the mere thought of checking it out for themselves.

Don't get me wrong many non xtians have this childlike mentality of believing anything they happen to want to believe without a shred of evidence, but it seems rife in christianity.

What a gullible bunch, some people just deserve enslaving I think sometimes.

The Council of the Garden Tomb Association (London) totally refute the claim of Mr Wyatt to have discovered the original Ark of the Covenant or any other biblical artifacts within the boundaries of the area known as the Garden Tomb Jerusalem. Though Mr Wyatt was allowed to dig within this privately owned garden on a number of occasions (the last occasion being the summer of 1991) staff members of the Association observed his progress and entered his excavated shaft. As far as we are aware nothing was ever discovered to support his claims nor have we seen any evidence of biblical artifacts or temple treasures

Like many anti-Christian and anti-Creationist people out there, you are exhibiting the same ignorance and stupidity that you project onto the same people you're lambasting.

Also, your hateful rhetoric about people being enslaved doesn't belong here, and doesn't belong in any sane and rational discussion. Take your hate and ignorance somewhere else please.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
In the 240 years of my families tracable history I am the 9th generation....

So figuratively speaking if the Noah's Ark saga happened approximately 5000 years (for example) that would equate to roughly 190 human generations...roughly.

If the animal world can multiply, divide and evolve into the vast array of animals we know today in just that short time.... my name is Jesus.

Actually, animals only need one generation to vary in some way. And given that most animals dont live longer than 20 years, and couple that with 5,000 years, you have amassive amount of potential variation.

Also, how long did it take for the entire Western half of the world to be populated with immigration and births? only 500 years. Now you can see the population possibilities going back 5,000 years.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Yes, many if if if if if's.... unfortunately those are big if's and tests have revealed the shaping of the land to be a natural formation, with no evidence of petrified wood, and no evidence of the Ark story. Assuming anything would be as silly as assuming the story beforehand.

Indeed, which is the reason until then I will base my opinion around the facts that we have in front of eyes. Which is of course that religion is a powerful tool in this world.

I agree, assuming anything would be silly, however, tell that to the people who base their opinions on fabricated truths and a whole load of lies and what do you have?

how about basing your opinions on the facts before your eyes such as scientific facts, that which we can observe. and that which we can scientificly observe overwhelmingly supports a global flood.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You seem intent on insisting on the same creationist pseudoscience as a few pages back.

I'll say it again, and this is the last time - there's no scientific evidence of a global flood, and the evidence of this statement has already been given.

It doesn't matter how much you dress-up the creationist pseudoscience, or repeat it, or misuse and misrepresent science to fit the agenda that you hold, because your comments ain't true and you can't make them true however much you wish or pray.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Pretty much all of your points are based on ignorance and misunderstandings. The site you posted as a source could give a damned about evidence or accuracy or understanding. Their goal is to prop up their bronze age myths in any fashion possible. The evidence doesn't validate the bible, but rather they're starting from the assumption that the bible must be true at all costs... and then distort and cherry pick evidence to support their view. They have it all backwards. If you're only interested in validating your preconceptions, then truth is meaningless to you and you will find some way to support your validation - even if you have to lie to yourself. Try following the evidence, and abandoning preconceptions that are invalidated.

Most of your 4 points of objection are addressed in the video below.

More on the point:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
did noah build the first boat\ship ?
i cant believe there was no other boats in the whole world....

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Definitely an interesting post. It's also worth adding that other cultures have legends/stories passed down from generation to generation of large floods.
www.nwcreation.net...
I'm not sure if i linked that correctly or not [just copy/pasted] This is my first post so dont flame me to much.
p.s. hemp anchor ropes

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh Jeebuz making tacos... this is just like all the loonies that take images of the moon or mars and then use photoshop to outline ALL THE BUILDINGS THAT LOOK JUST LIKE ROCKS. Here we can PLAINLY see was an ancient alien K-Mart! And over here there was a UFO CARWASH! And in turkey there's a bunch of rocks that were once a boat that carried a breeding pair of over 30 million land dwelling species.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
my bad. i was reading through more of these posts and realized that i was definitely not the first person to bring up the flood stories from multiple cultures idea

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
If you're going to accept the Noah story as true, then you have to accept all of it, not just the parts that happen to fit some piece of "evidence" somebody has discovered. And if all the evidence doesn't fit, then it can't very well be proof of anything. No picking and choosing. After all, who are you to decide what to pick and choose from the Holy Word of God?

Two of every animal on Earth. That's the story.

If the animals don't fit, you must give up on it.

Again, not two of EVERY animal on earth. 7 pairs of Clean animals, which isn't a very long list and 1 pair of Unclean animals, which is even shorter. I think it comes out to around max 230 something. I'll have to find the exact number, but again, not every animal just clean and unclean which is a relatively small list, plus their were many ARCs not just one. You find them in Egypt, South America, Japan, Russia, Iraq...all over the globe with some even under water still like in Japan.

The ark is the last seal, the 7th wonder of the world...the only one still standing. Don't forget, God tells the end...FROM the beginning. It's not the end of the world, it's the begging that is tough for we have come in to all histories labor.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This Ron Wyatt stuff is so old. Look if Noahs Ark had been found it would have been produced a long time ago. They know eevry rock on every slope of the higherst moiuntian on the world and you expect an ark to be missed on ararat?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Evaporation?

That is the stupidest explanation that these ark hunters use.

Do you even realize how much water we're talking about here?

If that amount of water were to "evaporate", you'd be crushed by the weight of the atmosphere.

And if somehow you weren't crushed, you'd drown from breathing in air so wet that you couldn't even really call it air.

You want to claim that God "forced all the water up out of the ground" and used that. You might as well say that God made the water appear and then disappeared it when he was done slaughtering all the humans (except his incestuous pedophile pal Noah.)

Problem is, that's not how the story goes in the infallible book.

Harte

Hello Harte,

What are asteroids and Comets made of? If planets form from space debris such as asteroids and Comets, how do they all of the sudden become molten core being formed from Ice and rock without first heating up? If the core heats up from the collisions how does it hold together? Wouldn't common sense tell you that the compacted mass, which starts out very dense heats up due to it's exposure to the sun? And the sun pushing radiation through the skin of the mass begins to heat the core, which is water and rock, till before long and after enough time for heating, the water would begin to expand and try to find a way to the surface, thus blowing up the earth sort of speak, like a balloon, until all of the ice had made it's way to the surface being replaced by expanding molten rock?

How else could an atmosphere form unless it came up from the core in the form of vapor, and rapidly cooled once reaching the surface, thus clinging to the surface? As far as I know, there is no air in space, so how else would a planet gain an atmosphere unless it started as Ice?

We see this on mars.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32e96fe2ea8d.jpg[/atsimg]
Of course this would only make sense that it is spouting from a crater as that is a thin point in the crust. Obviously the core is what is causing the water to rise, being heated, thus expanding and ultimately pushing it's way to the surface to release the pressure.

Gotta love steam, it's the number one power source of the universe.

This would also explain why it says, "there was a mist that came up from the ground and watered the whole face of the earth" before it had rained.

This is how the foundations of the deep were broken up.

Compare density's and see what you think.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4168aca1e5de.jpg[/atsimg]
Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think the rest of the planet moved on from miraculous tales from the ancient world some time in the 17th century - yes the Enlightenment. You are of course entitled to hold anachronistic views which place you in the intellectual order of about 300 years behind the rest of us - but try an understand that the rest of us are three to four hundred years more advanced intellectually - so it is understandable if we dismiss you as a lunatic, deride and laugh mockingly at your beliefs- its only natural......I feel the same way about the cargo cult.

There are roughly 4,200 religions - so no matter what you do you are going to be wrong 4,199 times.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
This Ron Wyatt stuff is so old. Look if Noahs Ark had been found it would have been produced a long time ago. They know eevry rock on every slope of the higherst moiuntian on the world and you expect an ark to be missed on ararat?

The reason you won't find it on Ararat is that it never was on Ararat. Mr. Ararat was the last Volcano to explode and when it settled down, every thing did, hence upon mt ararat. People are not seeing this correctly, mainly do to translation....literally "lost in translation".

The arks pinned down the earth under them, so that the land would stay hence the important building material of Limestone. They are like giant magnets, so you will find the pyramids on many continents around the world and I bet if you look, you will find most of the locations appose each other.

Have you ever seen those steel balls that you can drop against one another and it works like a pendulum? Imagine the Ark is the middle ball. Knocked on both sides, yet remains still transferring the inertia to the outside ball. Same concept.

Peace

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join